1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Why can't sex not be meaningless in the hereafter?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by seanmc, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People die from allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock. It was not a hallucination. Her NDE experience was real and she can re-connect with Source as her NDE opened her up spiritually.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Yes, I know that people die from anaphylactic shock. However, in order to counteract it, the sufferer has to be quickly injected with epinephrine, and (at least in the material I was able to find from/about her), she made no mention of that being done, nor of any kind of resuscitation by the doctor or radiologist. This leads me to believe that she did not go into anaphylactic shock.

However, even if she did, that does not mean that she didn't experience a hallucination. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. If she feels she has opened up spiritually, then that's a good thing for her.

Regardless, I do not share her view of the nature of humanity as you described it and as she described it in the video. Even if she did have an actual NDE, that doesn't mean she is correctly interpreting what she saw/heard/learned/experienced during it. Quite honestly, to me her idea sounds ridiculous -- what would be the point of our souls coming to "inhabit human animals"? What about the right of that "human animal" to emotional, spiritual and bodily integrity and autonomy? Does she believe that souls ask the "human animals" if they may inhabit their bodies, or do we just take over (which personally I view as a violation)? What kind of good soul would want to do that? What kind of "god" or "source" would allow such a violation?

Sorry, but to me her concept just doesn't pass muster.

3. Here is an excerpt from her first book. The point of "souls" inhabiting human animals is so the soul(part of Source) can experience physical life as a human.
    Danison, Nanci L. (2007-10-01). Backwards: Returning to Our Source for Answers (p. 38). A.P. Lee & Co., Ltd.. Kindle Edition.

4. bluebird

Want To Know,

It doesn't matter how much of her work you quote, I simply do not agree with her premise or her conclusion.

If you find that her viewpoint helps you in some way, or if you agree with it, that's fine -- I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just saying that I don't share her view.

5. Although you do not agree with what Nanci has experienced, I am posting quotes from Nanci's book which address your very important questions, as they may be helpful to others that might have similar questions.

I am not trying to change your mind.

My own understanding has changed quite dramatically from the beginning of my journey of "Wanting to Know" and I am sure it will continue to evolve as I go on asking more questions. I follow where my intuition (higher self) directs me after asking questions, and I thank you for your interaction.

Sincerely,

Want to Know

6. bluebird

Want To Know,

I read the quote you posted too quickly, and missed the bit in which she explained how she believes it works (the second & third paragraphs in the quote). I apologize for not realizing you were posting something she'd written which did, in part, answer my question -- and also for not realizing you were posting for other members who might be interested (which completely makes sense, but since no one else was participating, I only realized that might be the case after I had closed the Afterlife Forums browser window and started washing my dinner dishes, lol).

I appreciate you saying you are not trying to change my mind. I actually like talking about different people's viewpoints and experiences, as long as the poster is not trying to "convert" anyone, or stating her/his viewpoint on the afterlife or god as fact.

Do you mind if I ask why you believe what Nanci has said regarding all this? That is, why do you believe she is correct/accurate in her view of souls, human animals, etc.?

7. Bluebird,

A few years ago I heard Inelia Benz talking about us not being our bodies during an interview on Project Avalon. She said we were separate beings that inhabited the body. I thought it was totally ridiculous, but it had always stuck in the back of my mind.

Then I started looking into NDEs and found it interesting how many state that just after separating from their bodies, finding themselves floating above/looking down upon their bodies, they did not even realize that it was their body down below. Even after they realized that it was their body, they talk about how disconnected they felt, that it was not really them. They felt detached and some even felt guilty for not feeling sympathetic for the dead body.

This shocked me and made me think twice about us not really being our bodies. How could people have such a detachment, if there were not really their body? Maybe they were separate beings? I saw this phenomena more and more in NDEs and then found Nanci who explained also that we were not the human body. She goes into vast detail in her books. It really made sense to me after I read about her experience. I am not really doing it justice with the excerpts I have included thus far. I can find more quotes if you are interested.

I do not want to derail this thread however as the main point is about sex in the afterlife. Maybe I should start a separate thread?

Thank you,

Want to Know

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  8. bluebird

Want To Know,

Thanks for explaining. I actually agree that we are not our bodies, I just don't believe that anyone else is in there as well. I think we temporarily inhabit our bodies, while we are in this life, but I think that without the soul inside, the body is nothing but nerves and blood and skin and so forth. To me, that is what people (not Nanci, apparently, but most people in the NDE experiences I've read) mean by feeling disconnected from their bodies.

You can start a separate thread if you like, but there's no need to do so for my sake. I wouldn't worry too much about the derailment, either -- threads on this site seem to do that now and then, but they generally meander back to the main thread topic, lol. ;)

9. janef

janef Major Contributor

Want To Know,

Thanks for posting this excerpt from Nanci Dannison's book... profound realization.

"Religion has always taught that God made us in his own image, and most people assume that means a human image. We know humans are composed of flesh and blood. The next logical step is to assume that God created this flesh and blood form as a special, higher species of beings, a race unique in the entire universe. Only part of that belief is true, according to my excursion into Universal Knowledge. Humans are special and unique among all creatures in the universe, just as every part of Source’s universe is special and unique. Yet humans are essentially Source thought-forms that vibrate so slowly they appear to be solid physical matter. And you are not a human. You are the spiritual being inside the human body."

10. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing, Janef and Want to Know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.