What does Death mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
death doesn't mean death of self but it simply means life of this body is finished and you have to move to new body and this process is called re-incarnation.
correct me if my answer is wrong with your answer :)

mac

janitor
death doesn't mean death of self but it simply means life of this body is finished and you have to move to new body and this process is called re-incarnation.
welcome to ALF :)

You're correct in saying that death means the death of one's physical body but you don't have to move to a new body. ;) We lived before we came here, we will live one in a different dimension after we pass over.

Reincarnation - the process of undertaking a further life as an incarnate human - is something we are able to choose to do at a time that's right for us.

bluebird

Major Contributor
garry,

I respect your view, but for me it's all "up in the air" -- I'm agnostic. I don't know if there's an afterlife -- maybe there is one, and that's where we go when we die, or maybe we just die and that's it. As for reincarnation, that may exist or it may not -- if it does, I just hope it's not something we're forced into doing, because I never will if I have the choice.

STEVEN LEVEE

LOL:)! Blue. Do some investigating there's tons out there & come to your own conclusions. A bunch of us can tell you what we know...not think...but know to be true & it wouldn't mean a thing to you...Go seek & ye shall find!
Blessings,
Steve

mac

janitor
LOL:)! Blue. Do some investigating there's tons out there & come to your own conclusions. A bunch of us can tell you what we know...not think...but know to be true & it wouldn't mean a thing to you...Go seek & ye shall find!
Blessings,
Steve
bluebird has been on ALF and 'at this stuff' for a very long time hoping to find reassurance she so dearly would like.

She's done all the researching you could reasonably expect but it's not helped her feel convinced about survival et al. I have another friend on another website who knows at least as much about death, survival and Spiritualism as I do, and has sat with mediums and watched demonstrations of mediumship. Yet he remains unsure.

We need to respect the effort folk have made and not assume that because they don't believe that they haven't tried their best.

STEVEN LEVEE

Very true...yet baffling, Mac. It's all out there. Obvious even:-/ It's good to doubt and be skeptical Blue...just keep an open mind when the time comes...You will have your answers then.

Ruby

Regular Contributor
I am open-minded both ways and also to the appeal of an afterlife. A lot of us have someone special in mind we would like to see again, but at the same time there are others in our close family we don't feel any kind of wish to see. Not speaking from personal experience here; my sister irritates me within five minutes in her company but that is nothing compared to those who spent their lives with violent and abusive parents and partners. How would they feel about the prospect of an afterlife? They might fear it more than anything.

mac

janitor
Very true...yet baffling, Mac. It's all out there. Obvious even:-/ It's good to doubt and be skeptical Blue...just keep an open mind when the time comes...You will have your answers then.
I don't find it baffling. We are individuals and react as such. What works for one doesn't automatically work for another whatever field you look at. Survival et al is - I suggest - an even more individual issue.

Neither are things necessarily obvious. Many things I find easy to see - obvious to me - and then resolve aren't automatically obvious to others. I once worked in science and electronics and consider myself analytical by nature and training but if that's not your nature then you may struggle. A similar principle obtains when I'm working a spiritual problem, something where I have to consider issues in different ways.

As for bluebird finding her answers "when the time comes" we can only pray her time does soon come and that she does find her answers but thus far it's been a tough journey for her.

ps What I mean by her time soon coming is the time she accepts survival - I didn't mean her passing. :( Sorry if it came over wrong, bb.

mac

janitor
I am open-minded both ways and also to the appeal of an afterlife. A lot of us have someone special in mind we would like to see again, but at the same time there are others in our close family we don't feel any kind of wish to see. Not speaking from personal experience here; my sister irritates me within five minutes in her company but that is nothing compared to those who spent their lives with violent and abusive parents and partners. How would they feel about the prospect of an afterlife? They might fear it more than anything.

Surviving death and the so-called afterlife isn't a matter of appeal - it's gonna happen whether or not it has any appeal for you. Same for everyone else - they don't get to choose whether they survive hence the afterlife is just a matter of fact - even if individuals don't get it.

After you pass over it's simple. Those for whom you have love - and who reciprocate that - will find themselves drawn to one another if it's what they'd like. If it ain't then they won't. Abusive partners won't be able to perpetuate their previous abuse and the one abused won't be stuck with 'em.

Like-attracts-like and if you ain't alike then you ain't gonna attract one another.

amina89

Depends,in my opinion (and i do not believe in reincarnation) death means moving on,to an other plane,existence,dimensium

Your soul most probably moves on and "reincarnates" spiritually but that is not reincarnation as we see it

I discussed this with a believer of Vedic teachings,and it suprised me that the Vedas do not mention reincarnation nor do the few peoples who still hold on to ancient hinduism believe in reincarnation today :) he says "the heavenly way is eternal".It is the closes to my personal belief i think...

anyway once you lose someone you always hope they will see you,you will meet them one day..no comfort if you think "this is it,he/she is moving on to an other life and i will live this life for what i have left then i too will move on to an other life" ..depressing to me!
'
but evweryone has their own and i respect it

amina89

Surviving death and the so-called afterlife isn't a matter of appeal - it's gonna happen whether or not it has any appeal for you. Same for everyone else - they don't get to choose whether they survive hence the afterlife is just a matter of fact - even if individuals don't get it.

After you pass over it's simple. Those for whom you have love - and who reciprocate that - will find themselves drawn to one another if it's what they'd like. If it ain't then they won't. Abusive partners won't be able to perpetuate their previous abuse and the one abused won't be stuck with 'em.

Like-attracts-like and if you ain't alike then you ain't gonna attract one another.

so you wont be able just to look up someone even though he is not that into meeting you? anyone who knows more about this?

kim

Regular Contributor
So, Mac, if someone practices tough-love they will be attracted to a tough-love dimension, but on the other end, if a person is compassionate they will be attracted to a compassionate dimension? We are to mature here in this dimension, so as to learn to work together?

mac

janitor
So, Mac, if someone practices tough-love they will be attracted to a tough-love dimension, but on the other end, if a person is compassionate they will be attracted to a compassionate dimension? We are to mature here in this dimension, so as to learn to work together?
I don't do 'tough love' kim..... Love isn't tough so anything that's tough isn't love in my book. But essentially you're right about who will be with whom.

Those who have a 'tough-love' approach - bullying, abusive etc. - will not be with those who are caring. For example, if you had an abusive parent, partner or whatever you'll not be attracted to being with that partner etc. and that individual won't be able to continue his/her abusive behavior towards you.

The ones who care about others will be in the company of others who feel the same way. Totally unlike this physical dimension people with very different behaviors won't be together - there's no attraction. What we learn from experience in this world will vary from person to person and learning to work together might well be an important plan for anyone's incarnate life.

Reactions: kim

mac

janitor
Depends,in my opinion (and i do not believe in reincarnation) death means moving on,to an other plane,existence,dimensium

Death of the body does indeed signal moving-on of the spirit that animated it - our 'true self'.

Your soul most probably moves on and "reincarnates" spiritually but that is not reincarnation as we see it

Our souls are continually 'moving on' one incarnation after another and in other ways. Reincarnation is often represented in ways that don't appeal to my reason, often appearing (to me) confused and confusing.

I discussed this with a believer of Vedic teachings,and it suprised me that the Vedas do not mention reincarnation nor do the few peoples who still hold on to ancient hinduism believe in reincarnation today :) he says "the heavenly way is eternal".It is the closes to my personal belief i think...

Adherents to faiths and beliefs hold various views. None have a monopoly-of-truth about the actual situation and even what's taught may be imperfectly understood by adherents to that teaching.

anyway once you lose someone you always hope they will see you,you will meet them one day..no comfort if you think "this is it,he/she is moving on to an other life and i will live this life for what i have left then i too will move on to an other life" ..depressing to me!

All of us 'move on' and any of us may be incarnate at varying times. Those we love and have passed will spend time 'over there' and wait to meet up with us after our own passing if that's what they choose. Thinking about such a situation can make us sad but that's because we're viewing things purely from our human perspective. Before we incarnated we knew more of 'the big picture' and after we pass over we'll become re-acquainted with it again. THEN we'll see things for their true values.

but evweryone has their own and i respect it

I respect the right of any individual to continue believing whatever they wish even when alternative explanations have been offered. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and if folk choose to continue believing what they always have then that's an end to matters. I certainly have no desire to try to change anyone's outlook against their wishes.

mac

janitor
so you wont be able just to look up someone even though he is not that into meeting you? anyone who knows more about this?

You'll be able to send your thoughts/wishes to anyone you choose but you can't dictate how they'll react. If that individual has no wish to be with you then you can't change that. Again it's the opposite of what someone might do here in the physical where one individual can pester or stalk another.

If, though, both of you wish to 'meet up' then meeting up will be the natural consequence. :)

kim

Regular Contributor
Reincarnation - the process of undertaking a further life as an incarnate human - is something we are able to choose to do at a time that's right for us.
Mac, please help me with the idea of reincarnation, because I don't know anything about it. When we are absent from this body, I assume we have another body that seems real. Is that considered incarnation or is this the only dimension of physical incarnation?

mac

janitor
Mac, please help me with the idea of reincarnation, because I don't know anything about it. When we are absent from this body, I assume we have another body that seems real. Is that considered incarnation or is this the only dimension of physical incarnation?

Teachers and guides tell us that after we pass over we live in our etheric bodies. They don't SEEM real, they ARE real and are as solid as the ones we're living in when we're alive in this world, this dimension, kim.

When I speak about incarnation I often say something like "this particular, physical dimension" but there are other physical dimensions (we've been taught) so you could say we incarnate into any of those also.

Reactions: kim

kim

Regular Contributor
All of these dimensions are made of the same stuff but exist at different frequencies?

bluebird

Major Contributor
Thank you, mac. :) And no worries, I know you weren't wishing me dead, lol!

Steven, I do keep an open mind. Believe me, I would be so happy if I could believe in the existence of an afterlife (provided that said afterlife were one in which we are reunited with our dead loved ones, are able to be with them, etc.). I don't DISbelieve, I am genuinely agnostic regarding the possible existence of an afterlife. What may be obvious proof to you does not present as obvious proof to everyone -- if it did, no one on the planet would have any doubt.

mac

janitor
All of these dimensions are made of the same stuff but exist at different frequencies?
These are interesting considerations, kim. In the past I've asked what I think is a simple question. Are the sciences of the etheric dimensions comparable to those of this physical one? My guess is that they're not comparable and that 'the stuff' that makes up the dimensions isn't anything we humans could understand.
I'd suggest it's likely that the denizens of the etheric don't understand 'how stuff works' in their dimension any better than most of us ordinary humans understand how stuff works here - why would they?

As for the "different frequencies" aspect well I've been talking about this for years but I have no idea how one could define the frequency of a dimension in the first place. We know from teachers that everything works at a 'higher vibration' than applies here but how that would be expressed scientifically I have no idea. If it ever can be explained then maybe our world's scientists will begin to listen.

All I have at a personal level is a mental impression of the differences and I gained that impression from reflecting on these matters and asking questions whenever I get chance - even though I rarely get a detailed answer.

I still do wonder about these matters but I'm no further forward now than I was several years ago. Before long, though, I'll get my answers after I've kicked my clogs but whether I'll care by then is anyone's guess. I might not even remember - or just might not care - that these issues used to interest me. ;)

frith

If there is any truth to spirituality and you exist somewhere else after you die, then death represents the end of the hoax you temporarily were in and your entrance back into actual reality.

bluebird

Major Contributor
If there is any truth to spirituality and you exist somewhere else after you die, then death represents the end of the hoax you temporarily were in and your entrance back into actual reality.
I disagree. If there is some sort of afterlife, that is a continuation of the existence we have here on earth, as this life here on earth is a continuation of the life we had in heaven/beforelife prior to this earthly life. This life is not a hoax, nor is it any less real than the afterlife -- every point of every soul's existence is equally real and valid. I would liken it to living in different towns and countries over the course of one's existence -- they're all real, they're just different. One has different experiences in each place, and some places may mean more or have more significance to a particular person, but they are all equally part of that person's existence.

mac

janitor
I disagree. If there is some sort of afterlife, that is a continuation of the existence we have here on earth, as this life here on earth is a continuation of the life we had in heaven/beforelife prior to this earthly life. This life is not a hoax, nor is it any less real than the afterlife -- every point of every soul's existence is equally real and valid. I would liken it to living in different towns and countries over the course of one's existence -- they're all real, they're just different. One has different experiences in each place, and some places may mean more or have more significance to a particular person, but they are all equally part of that person's existence.

Beautifully expressed, bb. :)

mac

janitor

Some individuals like to make out that life's an illusion, a hoax if you will, and some even liken it to living in a cyber game.

They may assert that only the so-called afterlife is 'real' without having defined what the word 'real' means. I guess through their eyes it's the way things appear.

But as I always say on this subject - somewhat smugly because nobody has been able to refute it - every dimension, every single state of existence away from source, is as real or as unreal as every other.

And there is no such thing as actual reality - it's simply reality. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.