Tyler Henry

Ruby

A lot of short videos of Tyler are coming to my inbox. He appears to be a very kind and lovely soul and to be able to bring information which relates to his sitters. I know that so many of them are well known and research could be done beforehand, although I gather that he doesn't get told beforehand who the sitters will be. I've seen him read successfully for fans too. Does anyone know more about Tyler? The videos are bite-sized and hard to resist, but I don't look to see if I can spot any cold reading. Tyler seems so genuine. Of course, no-one knows how much editing goes on, but the sitters' responses often suggest they think he is really "receiving".

mac

janitor and administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen any of the videos but one problem with recordings is the possibility of manipulation and editing. I've not heard of this guy and he may be as authentic and lovely as he appears. I guess the best way would be to see him working on stage/platform and judge for oneself.

Auras

A lot of short videos of Tyler are coming to my inbox. He appears to be a very kind and lovely soul and to be able to bring information which relates to his sitters. I know that so many of them are well known and research could be done beforehand, although I gather that he doesn't get told beforehand who the sitters will be. I've seen him read successfully for fans too. Does anyone know more about Tyler? The videos are bite-sized and hard to resist, but I don't look to see if I can spot any cold reading. Tyler seems so genuine. Of course, no-one knows how much editing goes on, but the sitters' responses often suggest they think he is really "receiving".
I'd recommend watching Hollywood Medium with Tyler henry on Amazon Prime.

mac

janitor and administrator
Staff member
As with all forms of mediumship some experience and an analytical, enquiring mind are helpful. Tyler Henry lives too far away to visit him live and slick video presentations may present a rosier picture than is deserved. Or he may be as kosher as it appears....

Anyone interested in experiencing demonstrations of mediumship can always visit their local Spiritualist churches or centres and sit in live on a wide selection of styles of mediumship. I usually suggest that anyone considering seeking out a private sitting should first go to a public demonstration to 'get a feel' for what to expect and how to behave when eventually having their own sitting.

Additionally there are regular demonstrations of mediumship via the online Zoom platform.

Ruby

Thanks mac and Auras. What is your opinion, Auras, are you a fan? You sound familiar with Tyler. He seems adorable. I had a private reading at our local spiritualist centre and it was uncanny. I wouldn't mind going again but my medium has retired and I would be disappointed if another medium couldn't connect. I might then think my first medium was cold reading me or a lucky guess. Presumably it's better to find a different one each time or they'd get to know your situation. I know mediumship has even been triple blind tested and found to work in some university-based tests, but then as with all psi research there's a decline effect. It's as if we're not supposed to find out what's out there.

Auras

Thanks mac and Auras. What is your opinion, Auras, are you a fan? You sound familiar with Tyler. He seems adorable. I had a private reading at our local spiritualist centre and it was uncanny. I wouldn't mind going again but my medium has retired and I would be disappointed if another medium couldn't connect. I might then think my first medium was cold reading me or a lucky guess. Presumably it's better to find a different one each time or they'd get to know your situation. I know mediumship has even been triple blind tested and found to work in some university-based tests, but then as with all psi research there's a decline effect. It's as if we're not supposed to find out what's out there.
Hi, Ruby. I like watching him as he is different from other types of mental mediums. He scribbles on a notepad to make a connection, which is really unique. He seems very genuine and down the earth.

Check out this video when you have time, Ruby! Tyler gets his brain-waves scanned as he is doing a reading, the results are amazing.

I agree with mac's response. going to a local spiritualist church and finding a medium there as the majority are reputable.

Ruby

This was very interesting, thanks Auras. I will need to watch again, but they said something like "he's falling asleep and waking again" at one point and at another that it was a new brainwave pattern to them, which is pretty cool!

bluebird

I've seen Tyler Henry on tv, never in person. Based solely on that, he seems like a nice guy, very personable. Whether or not he's legitimately a medium, I don't know. Much of what he relays to people is, in my opinion, rather vague, and could easily come from cold reading. On the other hand, the people for whom he does readings often seem to be touched/impressed, but since I don't know them I don't know how much of that is because Henry actually said something impressive, something he couldn't have known other than from that person's dead loved one, or just because the person getting the reading was already so (understandably) emotional. Also, as ruby mentioned, editing in post-production can't be discounted.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's really possible to tell if a medium is legit without sitting for a reading oneself, and maybe/often not even then.