1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Tinnitus - Does It Have A Spirituality Component?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Jan 16, 2019.

1. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Sorry to hear that Mac! Usually those tumors can be removed.
    My husband suffered from tinnitus three years before he died. Firstly, for him was a bit of a shock but after some months he got used to it. His method was try to not concentrate in the pitching. The worst time for him used to be before he slept. But he used to listen to white noise, shower and rain sounds.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

thanks for your thoughts, Sasha......

My unwanted guest first raised its head in late 2008 / early 2009 but I had had strange short-lived symptoms even earlier when we'd been RVing, our fifth wheel feeling like it wasn't level and sometimes I would unaccountably lose my balance or stumble. Only when I later thought back about those occasions did I realise I had probably had the little bugger for years before.....

My tinnitus started in 2009 and is caused by the tumor. Over the years I learned how to live with the incessant hissing. Now I rarely think about it but it's always there. 10 years on I'm hoping for the best, that my tumor won't start to grow again, but we'll see.

I know what the score is if it does. ;)

SashaS likes this.
  3. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Since you have learned to live with that hissing I hope that little bugger doesn't grow anymore and I wish you all the best Mac! :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Im sorry that happened to you Mac. I tried researching it i could not find anything. Do you know of any i can buy online?

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Kurt,
    You can find decent earplugs at any music store (to wear at concerts/shows).

Kurt and mac like this.
  6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Better you than me, Kurt! If you read that I have lived to the age of 84, you will know that my primary guide, Thomas, has some very serious 'splainin' to do....

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I think it was in 2½ Men that Herb (Ryan Stiles) - on being told married men live longer than single men - commented: "What if they don't want to?" ;)

I'm glad we don't have to make a choice about how long we want to live here! :D

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't know where you'd find 'em but a check online should find the right kind.

Our daughter bought some after she'd been to a loud show and ended up with tinnitus that didn't leave her. In the UK there's likely to be models approved by the hearing-loss organisations but here in the US I don't know - take a look at: https://www.ata.org/understanding-facts to see if there's any guidance.

The time to buy 'em is before your hearing is badly damaged because tinnitus can often mean hearing loss too. :(

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Im headed over there once daylight comes. Thanks!!!:):)

10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Thanks!!!