1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Tinnitus - Does It Have A Spirituality Component?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Jan 16, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Mikey will answer later but I have direct experience and background knowledge of tinnitus. (Incidentally I was involved a while back with an individual who claimed a similar explanation for autism, that it was down to a 'connection with spirit'. I later discovered the guy was desperate to find a spiritual cause for his own tragic issues.)

Tinnitus is suffered widely in our population - check out the BTA: https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/. Its causes are several and of a physical/biological nature. My own is because of a tumor pressing on my auditory and balance nerves. Medically it's a benign tumor but such tumors are not benign. :(

There is, nonetheless, a very slim chance that noises in one's ear may be down to a spirit trying to communicate.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Monika

Monika Established Member

I would like to share my experience about this "kind of tinnitus" noise in the ears.
    Very soon after Michel died (i would say in about few weeks) i noticed the sound in both ears. It is constant and very very high tone. I read about tinnitus and could not recognise the description of it. It sounds different than it was decribed plus and most important i think is that this noise is not disturbing at all. Rather calming. It increase if i relax and silence my mind. I also noticed that it helps me to understand when someone is moving around. The sound gets blocked shortly if Michel (most of the times) or other pass by or lean towards me. To my opinion it is that hearing somehow adjusted as first months i did almost nothing more just lay in complete silence trying to hear any sound made by Michel. This sound in ears comes along with green and purple lights which i see with closed eyes. I do not see them so often like before but still they occur from time to time. In very beginning all of this was accomponied by great preassure in forehead and face. Now it comes only if i relax very good and get ready to speak with Michel.
    Anyway i had two options by myself. First was that i developed some illness from stress. Second that it was something to do with Michel and his efforts to communicate. Soon after i knew it was the second option.
    Also my colleague who has developed communication with Michel thought that he has tinnitus for over 25 years. One evening it was really bad and he asked Michel if he can stop that. In a speed of a thought it stopped and didn't come back until now. It's been around 2 months already. So i would say not every kind of tinnitus sound is tinnitus :)

Note: Please remove this message if it is not ok for it to be here.

3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

If it helps at all, I went to a hard rock concert and had titinus for a week. I swear that I still heard drums from the concert days later.... It was crazy. It was the second day of Slayers show in San Antonio for their final world tour.

4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

My mother died of a brain tumor.... I'm sorry to hear this Mac. I hope to see you on the other side one day.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Kurt now you have experienced it short-term I sincerely urge you to buy and use routinely the ear buds designed for using in places where loud music will be experienced.

Act now, please, before your hearing is permanently and significantly impaired after attending further concerts. Otherwise tinnitus may becomes your hated companion, one that blights the remainder of your life - it happens. :(

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

Sorry to learn about your mother, Kurt.

Maybe we will meet up again on 'the other side' but not for a bit, eh!? :D;)

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Im glad to say that after spending most of my life wanting to die, I can finally report that...

Well, Clint Eastwood said it better than anyone.

"I feel like the only damn person in the world who wants to live to 199" -Clint Eastwood, The Mule (2018)

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Actually.... Wait a minute....

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’m saddened to hear about the health issues tagged with tinnitus. I haven’t done much research on the matter and I’m glad it was brought up as it’s informative.

I only have the ‘symptoms’ of tinnitus maybe once or twice a month and it’s always when something is heavily on my mind or I’m feeling a bit depressed. Last time I checked, my health is ok besides my blood pressure. So for me, it’s a spiritual matter (spirit guide) rather than a health problem.

10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

My new signature...