1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

time and sequence May 2021

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, May 7, 2021.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

True -- and I'm not saying there is no god/creator; I don't know whether there is or not. I'm just saying that it's possible for life to arise with or without one.

2. bluebird

You may be right that we each chose to be born, that what we experience leads to spiritual progress, and that the same or similar is true for other lifeforms (animals, aliens, etc.). I don't really have any issue with that view. I do feel, however, that sometimes that choice was a mistake. If I chose this, I wish I had not.

You are lucky that you have the strong belief/knowing that you do. You said "I had long since set aside any need for additional, personal reassurance although somewhat unexpectedly I recently did get it!". Did you already share that here, or would you be willing to do so?

The existence of god used to matter to me; I considered myself a "hopeful agnostic". I am hurt by the fact that I no longer care, or at least mostly no longer care, and I am hurt by the sliver of caring that remains. If a god exists it allowed my husband to die, and it allows all sorts of horrible things to happen in this world (things outside of the realm of human free will, which is a separate issue), and I am simply done with it.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

On that final point, bb, we'll likely always differ.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I can't disagree with such a standpoint, bb. Not about you but the general principle. I don't accept everything that happens was intended or necessarily chosen.

I think I'm fortunate also. I can't recall if I wrote about it here or elsewhere but there's nothing to tell that would help anyone. I had been assessing mediumship standards for some months while Zoom sessions were replacing in-person mediumship when the pandemic closed churches. The assessment was intended to help me when I was trying to help others. I guess what happened for me reassured me I was doing the right thing when I encouraged others to consider a similar approach when they are looking for answers and their own reassurance.

There's nothing I can say, bb.

5. bluebird

Yeah, I veered off into personal territory even more than usual at the end there...I don't really expect you to respond to it, I guess I just needed to say it right now.