time and sequence May 2021

mac

janitor
Hi Baob,
Mikey tells me our lives in this dimension are not happening at the same time because we are under the influence and rules of time which gives order and sequence, etc. Past, present, and future does pertain to here on earth. But when we are in the afterlife that perspective is always in the present, so that is when our perspective is "everything is occurring at the same time" according to Mikey. We do go to other planets in different dimensions for spiritual growth, but Mikey tells me we're not 2 different people or souls in 2 different places.
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
This whole time thing is a tough one for me to grasp! Carol
Thank goodness Mikey is pouring cold water on such ideas!

Put it down to my age or the change but of late I've become increasingly exasperated by New Age nonsense notions such as those asked about. Maybe there's a lot of truth in the old saying "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."? Too much guff is getting too much attention. Stuff with no reliable or authoritative context. Readers may have barely a shred of personal appreciation, understanding or experience and perhaps fantasy appeals to them more than simple reality?

Folk get conditioned by stuff on the various social media outlets. They watch self-styled gurus on YouTube, individuals perhaps believing they are channeling ascended masters or whatever. Too many details with no way to authenticate them.

Maybe I've become old and even more cranky? I do know I've become highly reactive towards some of the guff I'm hearing.

bluebird

Major Contributor
I'm kind of with you on that, mac. Specifically, I don't believe that our souls are divided into different lives or places at the same time -- that's part of why I don't buy into the whole concept of "your higher self stays in heaven while the rest of your soul is living your life in your body here on earth".

Last edited:

mac

janitor
I'm kind of with you on that, mac. Specifically, I don't believe that our souls are divided into different lives or places at the same time -- that's part of why I don't buy into the whole concept of "your higher self stays in heaven while the rest of your soul is living your life in your body here on earth".
agreed totally!

mac

janitor
quote: "So that, for example, an individual's lives as a woman in 1300s China, as a man in 1700s Ireland, and as a woman in 1980s US, were lived separately (not all at the same time), but not necessarily in that order?"

Does order or sequence make sense in a dimension where earth-time does not apply? Can 'before' or 'after' have meaning and if not does the law of 'cause-and-effect' apply there?

bluebird

Major Contributor
quote: "So that, for example, an individual's lives as a woman in 1300s China, as a man in 1700s Ireland, and as a woman in 1980s US, were lived separately (not all at the same time), but not necessarily in that order?"

Does order or sequence make sense in a dimension where earth-time does not apply? Can 'before' or 'after' have meaning and if not does the law of 'cause-and-effect' apply there?
I honestly don't know. Assuming that reincarnation does exist, I don't necessarily believe that our lives are not lived in a sequential, chronological order -- I think it's possible that they are. I was just trying to posit an alternative to the idea of "everything is happening all at the same time", which would still allow for things to occur outside of a linear understanding of time, since it seems many people do not view time as a linear construct.

That said, I think perhaps "before and after", "cause and effect" may still function, in the scenario I provided. Suppose the individual with the lives in China, Ireland, and the US were me, and suppose that those lives were not lived chronologically, in my own personal timeline. Suppose I was first born as a man in 1700s Ireland, lived that life, learned things, loved people, took actions, had experiences, etc. -- the usual things of life. Then at some point I die, maybe spend some time in the afterlife if it does exist. Then suppose I am born as a woman in 1980s US and live that life, then die, then am born as a woman in 1300s China and live that life, then die.

In that case, if I am able to learn things in each life and am able (in some way, even if I don't realize that it's due to my previous lives) to carry that knowledge into my other lives, then before/after and cause/effect do still exist for me, within my personal timeline, as my earlier experiences and actions contribute to my later experiences and actions -- even though my later experiences and actions may have taken place earlier in the world's chronology, they did not take place earlier in mine. At the same time, the cause and effect of my actions would also still have an effect in the world, but in the world's chronology -- so that anything I did in 1700s Ireland wouldn't affect anything in 1300s China as far as the rest of the world, despite possibly having affected me personally, but might have some small effect on something in 1980s US.

Essentially, I'm saying that assuming reincarnation exists, I think it's possible that the world exists in a linear chronology, while the individuals who live their lives on the world do not necessarily live their lives following that same linear chronology.

mac

janitor
It certainly gets one thinking! In my head the notion of cause-and-effect is a sequence of events hence cause precedes effect. In this world that has to come about in linear time but in a dimension without a similar concept of time where does it take us?

In your hypothetical incarnations scenario, the impact of a learning/experience in one incarnation would be carried over into a later incarnation i.e. one would bring about change seen in the other and that implies former and latter and I don't know an alternate way to express that position. Even though the passing of those or any events can't be pinned on to clock or calendar time in the etheric dimension they still appear to occur in a linear fashion.

Am I parroting what you've just 'said'? :(:confused::eek::oops:

Last edited:

mac

janitor
After we've finished discussing this topic I'll move our discussion into a dedicated thread in the follow-on forum. I don't think it would be fair to expect Carol to raise further points with Mikey and I'm not expecting anyone else to contribute.

bluebird

Major Contributor
It certainly gets one thinking! In my head the notion of cause-and-effect is a sequence of events hence cause precedes effect. In this world that has to come about in linear time but in a dimension without a similar concept of time where does it take us?

In your hypothetical incarnations scenario, the impact of a learning/experience in one incarnation would be carried over into a later incarnation i.e. one would bring about change seen in the other and that implies former and latter and I don't know an alternate way to express that position. Even though the passing of those or any events can't be pinned on to clock or calendar time in the etheric dimension they still appear to occur in a linear fashion.

Am I parroting what you've just 'said'? :(:confused::eek::oops:

I think the events of a life, or a series of lives, do occur in a linear fashion within an individual's personal timeline -- it's just that each individual's personal timeline does not (or rather, may not) match up chronologically with the world's timeline. So essentially cause and effect does exist, but in two ways -- within an individual's personal timeline, and then separately within the timeline of the world (with things not necessarily occuring in the same order in the world's timeline as they do in one's personal timeline).

mareke

Seth the highly advanced soul channelled through Jane Roberts explains how it works in his two books ‘Unknown Reality’ Volumes 1 & 2. It’s highly complex and I don’t pretend to understand all of it but when I listen to an audio version of ‘Unknown Reality’ Volume 1 (split into 29 parts) that I downloaded free from YouTube I’m sometimes awestruck. You should be able to download audio of Unknown Reality Volume 1 like I did for free on YouTube. I could upload it in either mp3 or mp4 format to my Google drive in the cloud zipped up with a link so you could download it but I don’t know whether this would be allowed. I renumbered the parts and slightly abbreviated the file names so they play in correct order on an mp3/mp4 player. I prefer the audio format but I also have Unknown Reality Volumes 1 and 2 in PDF format.

My understanding is that despite the vast number of different life forms that apparently exist there is only one life form that actually exists namely God or ‘All That Is’ as Seth calls God. Everything is energy and everything is God. God is immanent in form which includes all animate and inanimate form and even inanimate objects have an intelligence according to Seth. God is literally all that is (unless there is something outside of God which God isn’t aware of).

We are ‘ideas’ in the mind of God so to speak given expression and we have a certain degree of autonomy so that we can do what God wouldn’t do e.g. rape, murder etc. When we act badly hurting others we move further away from the source which is pure unconditional love. As well as those we hurt when we act badly we also suffer and this is supposed to result in us returning to being loving quicker. As we evolve spiritually we grow towards the source and see a bigger perspective and we share God’s powers.

As weird as it seems to us our lives are being lived simultaneously because all possible permutations and combinations of all possible actions & events already exist in a kind of field of probable and possible events. We aren’t ready for true reality and the lineal view we have of time is an aid to help us make sense of things at our present state of spiritual evolution.

As we negotiate our way through the field we see things in what Seth calls the ‘moment point’ as does Mikey in his level where everything is seen as the now. Our current moment point is where we are in our current life in the physical dimension. We are multidimensional beings but we are unaware of the other portions of ourselves because we are intensely focused on our current life in the physical dimension where we are learning to subjugate our egos. Our egos differentiate us from others but behind our egos we are all one because we are all God. The only part of the field that is changing is at the absolute limit of God’s creative imagination where God is still experimenting.

Jane Roberts channelled Seth in the past and Gina Lake currently channels Jesus. Based on the audio which I’ve listened to that Gina Lake has made available for free or at a modest cost I believe that she really is channelling Jesus. I believe that Seth and Jesus are at similar levels in the system yet Seth says there are others with even greater awareness.

The Jesus that Gina Lake channels says that he was crucified but that ‘it wasn’t too bad’ and he says that he appeared before his disciples after his death. What Seth says about Jesus channelled through Jane Roberts however contradicts what Jesus says channelled through Gina Lake. My explanation for the contradiction is that white lies are being told by Gina Lake’s Jesus. This is so that Christians heavily invested in the traditional bible view of Jesus aren’t alienated and Gina Lake isn’t attacked for being the devil’s disciple and her Jesus as being the devil which is what happened with Jane Roberts. I see nothing wrong with this because the important thing is what Jesus channelled through Gina Lake says about how we should strive to live our lives.

It might be time for Mac to move this discussion to a dedicated thread in the follow-on forum.

mac

janitor
Seth the highly advanced soul channelled through Jane Roberts explains how it works in his two books ‘Unknown Reality’ Volumes 1 & 2. It’s highly complex and I don’t pretend to understand all of it but when I listen to an audio version of ‘Unknown Reality’ Volume 1 (split into 29 parts) that I downloaded free from YouTube I’m sometimes awestruck. You should be able to download audio of Unknown Reality Volume 1 like I did for free on YouTube. I could upload it in either mp3 or mp4 format to my Google drive in the cloud zipped up with a link so you could download it but I don’t know whether this would be allowed. I renumbered the parts and slightly abbreviated the file names so they play in correct order on an mp3/mp4 player. I prefer the audio format but I also have Unknown Reality Volumes 1 and 2 in PDF format.

That's a generous offer, mareke, and it's perfectly in order to post a link to your Google drive account so readers can download a copy. I suggest you upload the .mp3 file format because some app players can't process .mp4 files, one being my personal Android favorite, ad free 'Musicolet'. [Available from the Google store. I'm not promoting the app but it's one that allows separate channel volume adjustment. That's very important to me as I have a tumor that has greatly impaired hearing in my left ear. Using Musicolet I can boost the volume on that side and get a good left-right balance.]

My understanding is that despite the vast number of different life forms that apparently exist there is only one life form that actually exists namely God or ‘All That Is’ as Seth calls God. Everything is energy and everything is God. God is immanent in form which includes all animate and inanimate form and even inanimate objects have an intelligence according to Seth. God is literally all that is (unless there is something outside of God which God isn’t aware of).
That's similar to what is in 'Soul Trek' by Julie Gale, a channeled book that greatly influenced my perception.

We are ‘ideas’ in the mind of God so to speak given expression and we have a certain degree of autonomy so that we can do what God wouldn’t do e.g. rape, murder etc. When we act badly hurting others we move further away from the source which is pure unconditional love. As well as those we hurt when we act badly we also suffer and this is supposed to result in us returning to being loving quicker. As we evolve spiritually we grow towards the source and see a bigger perspective and we share God’s powers.
None of that appeals to my reason.

As weird as it seems to us our lives are being lived simultaneously because all possible permutations and combinations of all possible actions & events already exist in a kind of field of probable and possible events. We aren’t ready for true reality and the lineal view we have of time is an aid to help us make sense of things at our present state of spiritual evolution.

As we negotiate our way through the field we see things in what Seth calls the ‘moment point’ as does Mikey in his level where everything is seen as the now. Our current moment point is where we are in our current life in the physical dimension. We are multidimensional beings but we are unaware of the other portions of ourselves because we are intensely focused on our current life in the physical dimension where we are learning to subjugate our egos. Our egos differentiate us from others but behind our egos we are all one because we are all God. The only part of the field that is changing is at the absolute limit of God’s creative imagination where God is still experimenting.
I'm not confident I can follow this let alone accept it.

Jane Roberts channelled Seth in the past and Gina Lake currently channels Jesus. Based on the audio which I’ve listened to that Gina Lake has made available for free or at a modest cost I believe that she really is channelling Jesus. I believe that Seth and Jesus are at similar levels in the system yet Seth says there are others with even greater awareness.
I've yet to be persuaded that anyone can provide credible evidence they're receiving communications from the guy we know as Jesus. As with all trans-dimensional communications clear evidence of identity should be provided. It's needed for reassurance just as much concerning a family member as from a well known spiritually-elevated teacher/ guide.

The Jesus that Gina Lake channels says that he was crucified but that ‘it wasn’t too bad’ and he says that he appeared before his disciples after his death. What Seth says about Jesus channelled through Jane Roberts however contradicts what Jesus says channelled through Gina Lake. My explanation for the contradiction is that white lies are being told by Gina Lake’s Jesus. This is so that Christians heavily invested in the traditional bible view of Jesus aren’t alienated and Gina Lake isn’t attacked for being the devil’s disciple and her Jesus as being the devil which is what happened with Jane Roberts. I see nothing wrong with this because the important thing is what Jesus channelled through Gina Lake says about how we should strive to live our lives.
I don't know Gina Lake but what you're telling us doesn't reassure me.

It might be time for Mac to move this discussion to a dedicated thread in the follow-on forum.
It will be there when you next visit. ;)

mac

janitor
In this dimension we each have personal perception of the passing of time as well sharing general awareness of the scale along which it's registered - we use the same forms of timepieces and calendars and know history.

In that regard we know about memorable dates that link the world as a whole and ourselves as individuals. And we know about memorable dates and the passing of time that apply primarily - perhaps almost exclusively - to ourselves and our families. Time impacts us every moment of our life. Then when we die we are free from time other than (perhaps) remaining aware - maybe wanting to remain aware - of certain important points in earth time. I often wonder how that awareness comes about and stays with at least some individuals.

When mediums link with those in the world of the spirit it's often to show individuals here on earth that their loved ones passed over are not gone from them forever, the way it can often feel to the bereaved and grieving. Spirit communicators are encouraged to provide information that their loved ones can identify. Significant dates are often provided, especially birthdays. The overall impression I've gained from listening in to sittings is that dates remain in the psyches of those departed even though they see no calendars or clocks in their world. How long they retain their awareness of significant dates or whether most have much awareness of time passing in this physical world I'm unsure about.

It's clear that certain spirits maintain a closeness to this world - at least in the short term. Mikey and Carol are one obvious example. I am aware of others from interchanges between spirit communicators and loved ones during seances/sittings/readings. Such interchanges show how they experience awareness of everyday happenings in their loved ones' world. Presumably they also experience some level of awareness of our time and its passing but I have not a single clue how it feels to them. My guess is that it's mostly unimportant unless it's something really significant like the approaching time of passing over of a loved one. Even then I have not a clue about how they 'see' that time approaching, whether they have any detailed awareness of when it will happen.

It's all 'interesting stuff' and it's stuff I've considered many times before to try to get a handle on it. Now I feel little desire to know any more than the scraps I've picked up. Beyond occasionally trying to help someone bereaved my interest in most afterlife issues is slipping away. Our website's founder reached that point some time ago and I'm understanding that better. I also understand why founders on other websites where I've been a regular also rarely take part in discussions. Similarly with members, members I've sometimes known for years.

We've looked at and we've considered 'all that good stuff' in the past and we've gotten as far along as we can with understanding it.

mac

janitor
Below is the link to Unknown Reality. The bitrate of the mp3 files is 256 kbps so it's 515 MB.

The Unknown Reality Vol. 1 mp3.zip

I've just grabbed it - thanks. It's a largish file but quickly downloaded on my Sky broadband.

With a caravan holiday coming up this week - and a 5 day forecast of rain, uggh! - I'll transfer the file to my phone in readiness to listen to via Musicolet. I've also recently bought a Kindle version of the book about an old friend who's a healer/medium.

That way I should have something to do when we're stuck in the van with the rain pouring down on us! :D God how I hate the UK's crappy climate!:mad:

bluebird

Major Contributor
We come to the question from opposite direction, bb. I am totally persuaded about survival and what comes next. My comprehension helps me in a very limited way but part of my appreciation is how life was created and then developed in this dimension.

Mathematically, statistically - the way you see the picture - there is still no certainty life would develop spontaneously. [I happen to feel confident it wouldn't for reasons I've been through before in other threads.] We don't know what billions of planets means to any such process any more than we know if that happened on this planet. But even if we did there would still be no certainty it could or would happen elsewhere.

Without a clear understanding of any apparent importance of experiencing lives in this world as incarnates we can only speculate over whether other physical locations might potentially have any similar - or dissimilar - importance.

But I will admit I've been teasing. All my reasoning above remains unchanged but to the question of life elsewhere I could just as easily - and accurately - responded 'perhaps'. But I've heard similar questions before and I've seen that those who ask often don't have any real interest in serious discussion. That doesn't, of course, apply to you, bb, because I know you're someone who thinks in depth. :)

While it's true that there is no certainty that life would develop spontaneously anywhere in the universe, we know that it did do so because we are here, we are proof. Since it did occur here, and since the circumstances which allowed our carbon-based lifeforms to come into existence here (distance from an appropriate sun, balance of chemicals, oxygenated atmosphere, etc.) are sure to exist on at least a few thousand other planets (probably many more), then life must have arisen on at least some of those planets as well. And beyond that, it's quite possible that many other different types of life have arisen on other planets with different circumstances (silicon-based, etc.). All of which is possible whether or not there is or ever was a god/creator being.

You and I do approach this slighty differently, though -- you come at it with the view that our lives (and, presumably, the lives of any other sentient beings on any other planets) happen for the purpose of our souls learning things; whereas while I concede that may be the case, at least partly, I also think it's possible that there is no afterlife and that life exist simply because nature abhors a vacuum and life & evolution simply came into being (without the need for a god/creator).

Even when we don't agree, I do like having these discussions with you. :)

STEVEN LEVEE

There is also alot of recently released information and video
regarding UFO's by the government that came out recently.
Presents a good case for "other intelligent life."

mac

janitor
There is also alot of recently released information and video
regarding UFO's by the government that came out recently.
Presents a good case for "other intelligent life."
This is not what was under discussion but Mikey has anyway addressed the nature of extra-terrestrials in the past.

mac

janitor
"Even when we don't agree, I do like having these discussions with you." That goes for me similarly, bb. We know we'll often disagree but you always offer a fullsome, detailed, considered response to what I write.

bluebird

Major Contributor
"Even when we don't agree, I do like having these discussions with you." That goes for me similarly, bb. We know we'll often disagree but you always offer a fullsome, detailed, considered response to what I write.

Right back atcha! ;):)

mac

janitor
While it's true that there is no certainty that life would develop spontaneously anywhere in the universe, we know that it did do so because we are here, we are proof. Since it did occur here, and since the circumstances which allowed our carbon-based lifeforms to come into existence here (distance from an appropriate sun, balance of chemicals, oxygenated atmosphere, etc.) are sure to exist on at least a few thousand other planets (probably many more), then life must have arisen on at least some of those planets as well.
Those who reject the notion of God or a creator energy will presumably see things similarly to you, bb.

If life did spontaneously evolve from the many chance conditions in place here then it can be argued that the probability is high that other locations would also have similar-enough conditions for life to appear spontaneously. But it's also arguable that just because identical situations may occur elswhere it doesn't automatically mean life will appear in them also.

The mechanism of life - what becoming alive actually involves - isn't understood at all and for me it would be illogical to suppose even apparently identical conditions would cause it to arise everywhere those conditions exist. But even if I'm wrong in my logic, even if fundamental forms of life would arise, we have no way of proving they emerged without there being a creative energy that provided whatever is meant by 'life' in the first place.

Last edited:

mac

janitor
You and I do approach this slighty differently, though -- you come at it with the view that our lives (and, presumably, the lives of any other sentient beings on any other planets) happen for the purpose of our souls learning things; whereas while I concede that may be the case, at least partly, I also think it's possible that there is no afterlife and that life exist simply because nature abhors a vacuum and life & evolution simply came into being (without the need for a god/creator).

Even when we don't agree, I do like having these discussions with you. :)

I'm persuaded, bb, that life incarnate was chosen by us all - I know others reject that - and the way we deal with what we experience here in human form, planned and unplanned alike, has a bearing on our spiritual progress. I'm persuaded it's similar for the animating spirits of other life-forms.

Only the level of spiritual progression of each animating spirit is different - the actual spirits are the same essence as one another. An admittedly crude analogy would be that of electricity where the devices it can energise range from the most basic of equipment though to the most complex and cutting-edge electronic ones. The animating energy - electricity - is always identical whatever it animates. Where the anology differs is that the energy that's electricity is inanimate, does not change, does not progress - maybe not that good an analogy?

I'm also persuaded - as I know you know - that life continues beyond corporeal death. I quickly grew to acknowledge that partly by limited personal experience but equally by those reported by my fellow human beings. I had long since set aside any need for additional, personal reassurance although somewhat unexpectedly I recently did get it!

I always say in response to questioning over why I feel so sure about things is that once you know you can't ever un-know it. I also say I know the difference between belief and knowing because I've experienced both. Other can call it my belief but I know how it feels and they don't and I have belief about odd issues but this is not one.

God and all that good stuff really doesn't matter to me save for it being an interesting issue to ponder. Religions, Jesus and all that have not a scrap of importance to me. I spent this morning wandering the ancient city of Cirencester with its equally ancient abbey. I went in the abbey and saw with a total disconnect all the stuff that religions employ to venerate God. The history, the architecture, the ancient stained glass and everything associated with the worship of a saviour god was fabulous but I found the religious aspects and the churchianity a complete crock.

How blessed I am to be free to feel that way!

bluebird

Major Contributor
Those who reject the notion of God or a creator energy will presumably see things similarly to you, bb.

If life did spontaneously evolve from the many chance conditions in place here then it can be argued that the probability is high that other locations would also have similar-enough conditions for life to appear spontaneously. But it's also arguable that just because identical situations may occur elswhere it doesn't automatically mean life will appear in them also.

The mechanism of life - what becoming alive actually involves - isn't understood at all and for me it would be illogical to suppose even apparently identical conditions would cause it to arise everywhere those conditions exist. But even if I'm wrong in my logic, even if fundamental forms of life would arise, we have no way of proving they emerged without there being a creative energy that provided whatever is meant by 'life' in the first place.

True -- and I'm not saying there is no god/creator; I don't know whether there is or not. I'm just saying that it's possible for life to arise with or without one.

bluebird

Major Contributor
I'm persuaded, bb, that life incarnate was chosen by us all - I know others reject that - and the way we deal with what we experience here in human form, planned and unplanned alike, has a bearing on our spiritual progress. I'm persuaded it's similar for the animating spirits of other life-forms.

Only the level of spiritual progression of each animating spirit is different - the actual spirits are the same essence as one another. An admittedly crude analogy would be that of electricity where the devices it can energise range from the most basic of equipment though to the most complex and cutting-edge electronic ones. The animating energy - electricity - is always identical whatever it animates. Where the anology differs is that the energy that's electricity is inanimate, does not change, does not progress - maybe not that good an analogy?

I'm also persuaded - as I know you know - that life continues beyond corporeal death. I quickly grew to acknowledge that partly by limited personal experience but equally by those reported by my fellow human beings. I had long since set aside any need for additional, personal reassurance although somewhat unexpectedly I recently did get it!

I always say in response to questioning over why I feel so sure about things is that once you know you can't ever un-know it. I also say I know the difference between belief and knowing because I've experienced both. Other can call it my belief but I know how it feels and they don't and I have belief about odd issues but this is not one.

God and all that good stuff really doesn't matter to me save for it being an interesting issue to ponder. Religions, Jesus and all that have not a scrap of importance to me. I spent this morning wandering the ancient city of Cirencester with its equally ancient abbey. I went in the abbey and saw with a total disconnect all the stuff that religions employ to venerate God. The history, the architecture, the ancient stained glass and everything associated with the worship of a saviour god was fabulous but I found the religious aspects and the churchianity a complete crock.

How blessed I am to be free to feel that way!

You may be right that we each chose to be born, that what we experience leads to spiritual progress, and that the same or similar is true for other lifeforms (animals, aliens, etc.). I don't really have any issue with that view. I do feel, however, that sometimes that choice was a mistake. If I chose this, I wish I had not.

You are lucky that you have the strong belief/knowing that you do. You said "I had long since set aside any need for additional, personal reassurance although somewhat unexpectedly I recently did get it!". Did you already share that here, or would you be willing to do so?

The existence of god used to matter to me; I considered myself a "hopeful agnostic". I am hurt by the fact that I no longer care, or at least mostly no longer care, and I am hurt by the sliver of caring that remains. If a god exists it allowed my husband to die, and it allows all sorts of horrible things to happen in this world (things outside of the realm of human free will, which is a separate issue), and I am simply done with it.

mac

janitor
You may be right that we each chose to be born, that what we experience leads to spiritual progress, and that the same or similar is true for other lifeforms (animals, aliens, etc.). I don't really have any issue with that view. I do feel, however, that sometimes that choice was a mistake. If I chose this, I wish I had not.
I can't disagree with such a standpoint, bb. Not about you but the general principle. I don't accept everything that happens was intended or necessarily chosen.

You are lucky that you have the strong belief/knowing that you do. You said "I had long since set aside any need for additional, personal reassurance although somewhat unexpectedly I recently did get it!". Did you already share that here, or would you be willing to do so?
I think I'm fortunate also. I can't recall if I wrote about it here or elsewhere but there's nothing to tell that would help anyone. I had been assessing mediumship standards for some months while Zoom sessions were replacing in-person mediumship when the pandemic closed churches. The assessment was intended to help me when I was trying to help others. I guess what happened for me reassured me I was doing the right thing when I encouraged others to consider a similar approach when they are looking for answers and their own reassurance.

The existence of god used to matter to me; I considered myself a "hopeful agnostic". I am hurt by the fact that I no longer care, or at least mostly no longer care, and I am hurt by the sliver of caring that remains. If a god exists it allowed my husband to die, and it allows all sorts of horrible things to happen in this world (things outside of the realm of human free will, which is a separate issue), and I am simply done with it.
There's nothing I can say, bb.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Yeah, I veered off into personal territory even more than usual at the end there...I don't really expect you to respond to it, I guess I just needed to say it right now.