1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

The night my great grandfather died

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ski, Mar 30, 2018.

  1. Ski

    Ski New Member

    So I woke up this morning, excited to share one of my most prevalent and after death confirmations for me. This is going to be long, like my other posts, but it is well worth the read. So here it goes.

    My parents got married young, and eventually divorced in their late 20s, in the early 80s. I was a toddler, and my parents were battling, with my mom packing up and moving us wth her to Texas. That's where all of her family had migrated from Southern Illinois. Among my moms big family, were my great grandparents. They had been married for 65 years when my great grandmother died in 2006. They had 5 children, and my great grandfather was a WWII vet, having served in the army, gma was a stay at home mom, who often hand made quilts, and opened a daycare...which included taking care of a lot of their great grandchildren....me included. Grandma had between 3-5 children a day, with a fenced in yard, swing set and lots of toys. I often spent my days at her daycare, with area kids and my cousins, while my mom worked.

    I was closer to my grandpa. He was a lovely spirit, always laughing, and spending a lot of days with his grandchildren, talking about life, playing horse shoes, watching our favorite shows(Wheel of Fortune, Dynasty &Dallas) I use to perform and dance to songs in their living room as a small kid, for them. Grandpa was good to me. I often grabbed his medicated lotion and rubbed in on his foot, an old wound that never quite fully healed. I took care of grandpa that way, every time I saw him.

    We moved to Texas when I was about 3 yrs old, and I moved back to Illinois when I was about 7 yrs old, losing all contact with my mom and her side of the family. My mom, still young, got into partying, and mixed up with the wrong men. She was struggling with raising 3 small children, growing up herself, and being financially broke...even with help from her family. My two brothers went to live with my dad early, who had a good job. Then I eventually moved in with my great grandparents, which I have very good memories. Even though I was alone, I had my great grandpa, who was protective of me, and I was his shadow, following him everywhere when I wasn't at school.

    Fast forward, to 1986, I moved to Illinois and lost all contact with my moms side. They simply weren't apart of my life anymore. In my 30s, I had already had my NDE, and was having psychic phenomenon happen, at random times, but nothing on this scale.

    I'm married, with two children...and live far out in the country, on a dead end road. No churches, stores, schools, gas stations, nothing. The nearest business is almost 20 minutes into town.

    We had a sectional in the living room, and one night I was laying on one end, while my husband was laying on the other. It was late, a little past 11 pm, and I was watching a movie, while my husband slept. I remember looking at the clock, and seeing how late it was...thinking, I should try to sleep. So I just closed my eyes...I was not asleep, I just closed my eyes....and there I was standing in the bright sunshine. This was very weird, and I thought to myself, "Where am I?" And at that thought, a stone church appeared right in front of me. It didn't make sense to me, and I was baffled...and I thought, "What is this?" And at that thought, the church bell at the top started to ring. LOUD.

    This startled me, and I sat straight up, knowing I wasn't asleep, and not knowing what I just saw. I remember saying in a whisper to myself, Thank God, it must've been a dream. At that very moment, that friggin bell went off in my living room! LOUD, it was like standing under a church bell in town as it rings. This terrified me, and I jumped off that couch, went straight for my husband, panicked....and started grabbing him to wake up!

    The bell rang like it would if you were in town( I was not religious and did not attend church) but this bell, rang in 3s, would pause a second, and ring again....LOUD! My husband got up, was looking at me funny, I could see his face was distorted, and he was talking, but because the bell was so loud, I couldnt hear him! I couldnt even hear myself telling him, which I must have been screaming, trying to be heard over the bell. Surely he was hearing this bell, too? He wasn't....and that became obvious by how calm, and how he was talking to me. I remember becoming almost hysterical, and crying.

    I could only make bits and pieces of his words, as he was trying to find out what was wrong with me. In his words, I was staring up, and all around, terrified, amd screaming, CAN YOU HEAR ThAT? Over and over, and crying at the same time. All the while, I'm hearing DING, DIIIING, DIIIING! From this bell! I had no idea what was going on....amd when something like this happens, it is very terrifying, defies all science, all logic....and you KNOW, if you haven't cracked up, it is a message. This went on for about 30 seconds, but seemed an eternity, it slowly faded away.

    I was left crying, mumbling incoherently, somebody is going to die....I think somebody is going to die. My husband was terrified at the sight of me, grabbed a blanket, wrapped me up(thought about taking me to the hospital, but didn't tell me that at the time) and laid me down between him and the backside of the couch, to comfort me.

    I don't know how it happened, but we did not talk about it that night, amd we both fell asleep. The next morning he went to work, the kids went to school, amd I was left alone with my thoughts. I thought about it briefly, but because it was so terrifying to me....I pushed it away. I ended up thinking I needed a break, maybe I was stressed ? So I left and went to Gape Girardeau, Missouri, and hour and a half drive from my house. It was one of my favorite stress free places, especially old downtown cape...with the river, and all the boutique shops. After a few hours, I felt okay again.

    On my way home, my dad called me on my cellphone, the first thing he said was....your mom and her family are on their way up here. I asked why....he said, "Your grandpa Eugene died last night" He grew up here, so he was being buried in Illinois. I was shocked, and I knew then that message was real....and it was because my grandpa died that night.

    What I heard, and what I found out later was...the British Death Knell. In Britain, when somebody in the village passed away, somebody would ring the church bell. My grandpa was of British descent, and he was also part Indian.

    I went to his funeral a few days later.

    I did not tell anyone but my husband about this experience, amd still today....just relaying it, still baffles me in many ways. Like why did I hat this, who did it, and was it God, my grandpa, or what?
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018

Share This Page