1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is an online resource to help those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions. We hope it will encourage you to research afterlife literature, ask questions and engage with other members.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Suicide Hypothetical

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by BruceAdama, Oct 20, 2020.

1. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Established Member

Hi, all...

So, I was watching a movie, which made me think of what I hope is an interesting hypothetical question, regarding suicide, and our loved ones on the other side. Just to get it out of the way, and to be clear; I am NOT contemplating suicide! This is just a hypothetical I thought of.

Okay, so... let us assume that a loved one has recently died... a mother, sister, grandmother, wife, whatever. But someone extremely close. Now, it has been said that the afterlife is full of love, understanding, etc, and that love is the dominant emotion there. Let us assume that for whatever reason, you are so affected by the loss of that loved one, that you wish to commit suicide, to again be with them.

Okay. Let us assume you are successful. You actually kill yourself in a way where you ARE dead.

You LOVED the person who died first. That person LOVED you. They understood, both in life, and in death, so very much you LOVED them. So, my question is this...

When you die, and presumably depart your mortal restraints, assuming you encounter them in their afterlife form once you've died... what would their reaction be? Would they recognize your action as the act of love and longing it was intended to be, and embrace you once again, or would they snub you, scolding you for having taken your own life? Like, there's no way at this point you could go back, except for maybe an intervening act of God, or whatever... so they wouldn't have the power to send you back... or would they?

I guess I'm just wondering how much power they'd have on the other side... if they'd have the power to refuse your wish to die and be with them, and send you back, or if they'd have to basically resign themselves to the fact that you did it... you're here, and if they'd recognize it as an act of love for them, which it was?

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Well, speaking as someone who wishes she had died when her husband did, who has considered suicide, and who has still not ruled it out as an eventuality -- assuming there is an afterlife, then I know that my husband would greet me with love, but that he would also probably be a bit disappointed/angry. He would not snub me, though he might scold me, lol. He would understand why I did it, even though he wouldn't agree with my having done it, wouldn't think I'd made the right choice. I doubt he, or anyone, would have the power to send me back, and in any case my free will would still be there, so I don't think anyone could send me back if I didn't want to go back (except possibly god, if there is one).

I only know that the love he and I share endures, and would endure, and would override everything else.

Intriguing proposition; thanks for posing it.

Auras likes this.