1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Spirits & other species

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

Hello!
    One of the things that have bothered me about what I've read so far on different concepts of the afterlife is the utter absence of reference for other living species. The few descriptions that I have read that include animals are usually VERY vague (such as simply answering that yes, you may reconnect with a lost loved pet, etc), and so I'd like to understand whether anyone have found any resources on how species other than humans could possibly tie in to the idea of survival of consciousness. Since we have so many animals that are quire close to us emotionally, I am sure this is a topic that has been asked and answered- and yet I seem to encounter very little about.
    Here are some questions I am trying to get better answers for, even if the answers are not definitive, and we don't know a whole lot about it in detail at this point:

1- In your understanding, could humans incarnate as other species and vice versa? If not, then why not?

2- Do animals have souls/spirits? Seems it would be fairly strange to me for there to be a concept of an afterlife where other species do not have spirit/soul, whose consciousness do not survive, and only humans get that privilege. A lot of species seem quite conscious, even if in different ways from us.

3- Why do some spirits choose certain species (including alien ones) over others? What is the criteria?

4- Do spirits evolve along with the physical evolution of a species?

5- If spirits cannot jump across large genetic gaps between species, how close must species be genetically so such a jump can be made? Is this how one should be looking at the matter?

6- If animals have spirit that are on their own evolutionary track, then is having an animal based diet seen as a negative?

7- where does the whole spectrum of species on the planet reside, in the afterlife? Do they go through the same evolutionary progression as humans?

8- Are all spirits essentially the same, or are there significant differences?

9- At some point during evolution, humans split off from a common ancestry of primates. What is the criteria used to determine which spirits would stick with one evolutionary branch vs another? The same question could apply to the evolution of all other species, presumably going back to microbial evolution.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh dear :( So much for my encouragement to take baby steps by first learning and understanding the fundamentals. :rolleyes:

Kurt likes this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

My responses are in bold.

Convolution: Hello!
    One of the things that have bothered me about what I've read so far on different concepts of the afterlife is the utter absence of reference for other living species. The few descriptions that I have read that include animals are usually VERY vague (such as simply answering that yes, you may reconnect with a lost loved pet, etc), and so I'd like to understand whether anyone have found any resources on how species other than humans could possibly tie in to the idea of survival of consciousness. Since we have so many animals that are quire close to us emotionally, I am sure this is a topic that has been asked and answered- and yet I seem to encounter very little about.
    Here are some questions I am trying to get better answers for, even if the answers are not definitive, and we don't know a whole lot about it in detail at this point:

1- In your understanding, could humans incarnate as other species and vice versa? If not, then why not?

My response: I’m pretty sure they cannot, however Roberta may have more insight on that and the reasons.

Convolution: 2- Do animals have souls/spirits? Seems it would be fairly strange to me for there to be a concept of an afterlife where other species do not have spirit/soul, whose consciousness do not survive, and only humans get that privilege. A lot of species seem quite conscious, even if in different ways from us.

My response: Yes animals have souls and are engulfed with spirituality.

Convolution: 3- Why do some spirits choose certain species (including alien ones) over others? What is the criteria?

My response: I never knew that spirits chose certain species and/or aliens over others... What resource did you pull this from? I know you’ve mentioned reading up on Roberta’s books but if it wasn’t her reference than who’s was it?

Convolution 4- Do spirits evolve along with the physical evolution of a species?

My response: I edited my post just now.. I believe certain spirits/species do evolve as we do in spirit but not quite like us in human form. Again, I myself need more clarification as to what you mean. Animals do not need to evolve in a way that we as humans on earth’s plane do. But maybe as we go along in our journey in life they learn something even though they necessarily don’t need to evolve. Someone correct me on this if I’m wrong. But when you talk about species as in something ‘alien’ or an entity existing in another realm things tend to get a bit grey.

Convolution 5- If spirits cannot jump across large genetic gaps between species, how close must species be genetically so such a jump can be made? Is this how one should be looking at the matter?

My response: Please clarify.

Convolution 6- If animals have spirit that are on their own evolutionary track, then is having an animal based diet seen as a negative?

My response: No.

Convolution 7- where does the whole spectrum of species on the planet reside, in the afterlife? Do they go through the same evolutionary progression as humans?

My response: Not quite sure to be honest. Interesting question though.

Convolution 8- Are all spirits essentially the same, or are there significant differences?

My response: We all come from the same source but still remain individuals.

Convolution 9- At some point during evolution, humans split off from a common ancestry of primates. What is the criteria used to determine which spirits would stick with one evolutionary branch vs another? The same question could apply to the evolution of all other species, presumably going back to microbial evolution.

Thanks!

My response: Well you have certainly asked a mouthful my friend. I’m certain that we have folks that can answer your post more in depth.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I can't be nearly as fancy or as thorough as our beloved PB, but here is my quick take:

1) We never say never, but for people to reincarnate as animals simply does not happen. We are told this is because the animals are of "a different, purer" energy.

2) We are told that animals have species-specific "group souls" to which they return at death unless they have formed a love-bond with a human being.

3) No idea. It seems that we tend to incarnate repeatedly on the same planet and of course as the same species, perhaps because then we have less to learn about managing our bodies in order to get going in a new lifetime.

4) We believe Spirits have their independent development.

5) Forget even thinking about genetics! No, this is not a relevant way to be looking at much of anything.

6) No, there is no evidence that eating animals that have been treated with kindness and respect is in any way negative.

7) The answers are "In their own beautiful areas" and "No, apparently they do not evolve spiritually."

8) MAJOR differences.

9) There are no criteria. You are thinking much too mechanically! The evidence suggests that we began to evolve spiritually on this planet when a specific species of early humans was ready to receive and host us.

Convolution, PLEASE make a disciplined study - you are choosing the hardest possible way to learn anything!

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Surely you were being sarcastic! :p

6. kim

kim Regular Contributor

This is in reply when Convolution asked if: "Are all spirits essentially the same, or are there significant differences."
    I understand, at least think I do, what you are saying because there are many different sounds and colors produced by the same spirit. BUT, all those spiritual qualities are separate and at the same time unified, although here on this earth it all looks separate. When all of the spiritual frequencies of The Highest Power are combined a physical, peaceful experience is created?.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  7. RobertaGrimes

Actually, no. I thought you did a great job!

Convolution likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

I guess I don't know what you mean by colors etc. here. Or this separation of frequencies and then combining of frequencies. I really have no clue what you are talking about, Kim, just as I wasn't sure what Convolution was on about with his loose-seeming question.

There is ONE Consciousness. At its highest vibration it is infinitely powerful and perfect eternal love; and at its lowest vibration it is sadly inert but still nasty evil. Consciousness - or Spirit - is objectively all that exists, and it continuously manifests everything that we think is real. I am not ready to go quite this far, but there actually is evidence that EVERYTHING is conscious on some level, and it is pretty clear that animals belong to species-specific group souls. Human beings seem alone to need to learn and grow spiritually, but better understanding how that happens IN FACT is a kind of last frontier for researchers. ... Does this help either or both of you?

9. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I was talking about the colors in a rainbow that are separated by a distinct edge and the sound frequencies, or notes, in a song that can be harmonious. It is probably irrelevant, but I was just wondering about the colors and different sounds, since they are created by vibrations too.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  10. kim

kim Regular Contributor

This helped me. Thank-you Roberta.

Convolution likes this.