slowing down

mac

janitor / administrator
Oh, Mac. Even though the activity isn't what it used to be this website has all the information anyone needs to expand their knowledge on the afterlife.
It's really rewarding to 'hear' you saying this. :) I'm biased of course but I think here there are many enlightening conversations giving seekers insight into what's what and direction towards learning more.

I will always stand by my suggestion I gave you a while back, turn the website into an archive but since you're not the owner, I highly doubt it will happen as it seems Roberta has abandoned ALF.
Yes this isn't my site although you're probably right that the owner, ALF's founder, has left us for good. Where it will be in the future only time will tell but it's not mine to change significantly.

I am okay, Mac. Struggling as I lost my other auntie at the start of the month but as I have said and will always say, death does not upset me much anymore because I have faith in an afterlife. This does not mean I don't grieve, it just means I can deal with death that much better than the normal person.
That's so sad, Josh, as I know how your other family relationships are tenuous. I get what you're saying about death. Knowing what we do still doesn't stop us missing loved ones and feeling sad they're not with us here.

I do love me some gin, especially some pink gin with lemonade. Though as of tonight I am drinking some Budweiser.
pink gin and lemonade? yum, yum! Love it - try Greysons Pink Gin from Aldi! Budweiser? - yum, yum too! I have bottles of Bud waiting in the fridge and my second glass of Aldi 'Causeway Coast' cream liquer is on the table at the side of me as I'm writing this! Just over 4 quid a bottle and great value - God Bless Aldi and Lidl! lol

I hope all is well, Mac.
I'm doing OK thanks. Overall my health at 75 is pretty good but my Parkrun time is slow. I now closely monitor my heart rate while I'm running because although I don't fear death I have no desire to leave this world yet! Or spend my last years incapacitated! lol

bluebird

Major Contributor
I'll let you know, bb, but for now I'm free of arthritis.....

It's impossible for me to gauge whether it's solely because I'm losing muscle power or whether it's also because caps, tops etc are being fastened more tightly and securely! I can't grip the tiny plastic caps on water and pop bottles, (or the tiny caps on the tiny gin bottles on planes. I have to ask the steward(ess) to do it - what a wuss but the gin helps numb my embarrassment!) which I'm sure is partly me but I'm also thinking that caps might be fastened more tightly. Never mind - more ways to skin a cat than one and for now I'm still able to get into my booze bottles and most glass jars so I'll survive.

Somewhat off-topic now (report me to the administrator! lol) but recently my wife bought a huge jar of pickled beetroot (beet) whose diameter was so great - with a similarly large diameter lid to match - that it took me all my effort to grip the jar (wearing Marigolds for the grip they give) and my wife using a grippy opener at its widest setting, to get the damned thing open.

I was really looking forward to a cheese-and-beetroot sandwich but when I tried to fork a slice of beet it was hard and when I tasted it it was VILE! The claimed sweet vinegar tasted of savory stuffing! Last time we buy any of Lidl's giant jars of crappy beetroot! lol :) ;)

You may be on to something about the caps -- I mostly don't have an issue, but now and then I come across one that just seems waaaaaay too hard to open!

mac

janitor / administrator
Carbonated drinks I struggle most with, especially after I've opened one and then tighten up the cap. There's an 'upset' moulded into the thread that stops unintended loosening but it makes the cap damned hard to remove subsequently - or is it just me?

Kurt

Major Contributor
It's really rewarding to 'hear' you saying this. :) I'm biased of course but I think here there are many enlightening conversations giving seekers insight into what's what and direction towards learning more.

Yes this isn't my site although you're probably right that the owner, ALF's founder, has left us for good. Where it will be in the future only time will tell but it's not mine to change significantly.

That's so sad, Josh, as I know how your other family relationships are tenuous. I get what you're saying about death. Knowing what we do still doesn't stop us missing loved ones and feeling sad they're not with us here.

pink gin and lemonade? yum, yum! Love it - try Greysons Pink Gin from Aldi! Budweiser? - yum, yum too! I have bottles of Bud waiting in the fridge and my second glass of Aldi 'Causeway Coast' cream liquer is on the table at the side of me as I'm writing this! Just over 4 quid a bottle and great value - God Bless Aldi and Lidl! lol

I'm doing OK thanks. Overall my health at 75 is pretty good but my Parkrun time is slow. I now closely monitor my heart rate while I'm running because although I don't fear death I have no desire to leave this world yet! Or spend my last years incapacitated! lol
People are living to their 120s nowadays. From that perspective 75 seems almost young. Your still younger than the president. I wish you many more years to come Mac.

mac

janitor / administrator
Thanks for your wishes, Josh, but from my own perspective 75 and a half doesn't feel even almost young! lol The President of the United States is indeed somewhat older than I and I'd be contented if I have his energy shoud I live to be his age. I hope I do as I'd like to see what state this world will be in a few years down the road. I just hope my fears for it and for us are unfounded. :(

BruceAdama

Established Member
When the new year has begun I will visit ALF much less frequently than at present. Little interest is evident with very few new registrations, most new members apparently having nothing to say or ask. I feel like the janitor of an unoccupied building so in future I'll call by every now and then just to tidy up and deal with any mail.

To that can be added my waning interest in what happens when, and after, we pass over. I'm now at an age where any lingering uncertainty/ignorance about details - not principles - will soon be replaced by knowing for sure! ;) :D
I stop by to lurk now and then, and sometimes I have something I want to say, but then I realize that it’s probably just repackaging something I said earlier. I’ll try to be more active.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Bruce -- if I remember correctly, in the past you've said you essentially want nothing to do with god, you are angry that if there is an afterlife (I don't remember if you believe there is or not) too often our dead loved ones are not allowed to contact us "through the veil", you do not want to do any sort of "life review" when you die, etc. (please feel free to let me know if I'm misremembering).

Assuming I'm correct, may I ask if you still feel that way, or if your feelings have changed at all?

BruceAdama

Established Member
You’re mostly on target. I have nothing but disdain for the veil, and yes, I have absolutely no intention of participating in any life review. If that’s a condition for crossing over, I guess I’m staying here. Fine by me… you’re right that I want nothing to do with God. If anything, my hatred for God is greater now than it was before.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Why is your hatred for god greater now than it was before (if you don't mind sharing, of course)?

Also, why do you not want/intend to participate in a life review? I share some of your feelings, but to me the idea of a life review is not a bad one -- as long as I am the only one judging me, I think I might actually find it helpful.

BruceAdama

Established Member
Don’t know if I already mentioned this previously, but to answer the first question, in 2019 I basically spent 6 months in the hospital, and had to get a second liver and kidney transplant. My life after this has stayed the same… still living where I am, no GF or wife, no better job, etc.

As for the life review… I have no desire to relive this stupid life over again once it’s over. I have nothing to learn from it, nor do I wish to have anything to learn from it, save that God is an idiot. I refuse to participate in it.