1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Signs From Our Loved Ones

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by RobertaGrimes, Aug 13, 2012.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

My mother's recent death and the little flurry of apparent signs from her that followed it have started me pondering signs again. Usually when we think about spirit communication, we think about conversing through mediums or experiencing a visitation. But by far the most common communications from the dead are dramatically one-way! Someone who is recently dead tries to allay our grief by sending us a sign that he is still alive. As has long been apparent, and as our beloved Mikey has confirmed, the ancient techniques for producing these signs are taught to new arrivals by their welcoming teams, so even Summerland rookies can send signs to us. And as Mikey has also sadly confirmed, too often we frustrate our loved ones by failing to recognize the signs they send.

Because it was too long to post as a forum entry, I have instead just blogged about ten of the most widely recognized kinds of signs. Most people have no idea how common these signs are, nor do they understand how desperate our loved ones are to have us recognize and acknowledge them. Learn what to watch for, and every time you spot what may be a sign from dead loved ones, be sure to thank them for it. It's a little thing that we can do to make them happy!

2. I have never got any signs from my loved ones.. Whether they are not able to send or we are not able to recognize it.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not persuaded......

Were there additional corroboration that supposed signs had indeed been sent I'd likely take notice. I'm sure that at times there are signs which are authentic, from a discarnate loved-one, but at others it's down to the desire to believe they are real. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is the tricky bit.

4. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Hi, I am new here (first post Friday on the Carol and Mikey thread).

Roberta, my mom passed in 1986, when I was in college; I was unaware of 'signs' (this was pre-Internet of course, and way before I ever knew to be aware of such things).

Given that fact, I wonder if my mom has long ago moved on in her spiritual progress and since 'given up' sending signs because I just did not know to look for them back then. Should I still be looking for signs, or has that window closed?

I miss her every day.

5. All your loved ones on the other side are always with you in one way or another. The fact that you miss your mom everyday is a sign in itself.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

6. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Thank you, Vic :)

Perhaps the "physical" signs aren't as prominent, but I have read a lot about their knowing when we think about them, and coming to us at that instant. I've dreamed of my Mom many times, in scenarios both before and after she got sick, but I don't know whether they're just "movies" in my head or actual spiritual contact with her.

Our garage light turned itself on several times within the past year, and my dad (who lives with us) wondered if there was anything wrong with it. I have suggested that perhaps Mom might have been involved, and of course he was skeptical, but we'll never know for sure.

7. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Signs! My favorite subject! The lifeline of hope that raises your vibration out of the deep pit of grief! It is direct communication to you from your loved one on the Otherside.....and it is free!!! :) I have talked about this many times on other threads, but I am a huge believer in signs and know they are real. I also know you can get a sign from someone who has passed quite a while ago. I got a great sign from my grandpa when I asked for one 25 years after he passed! I once was told I think everything is a sign, and at the time, in the pit of immense grief, I needed to reach for anything I could to help me. There is no way I would go through my journal now asking Mikey was this or that a sign? I just know at the time it made me feel better as I felt in my heart it was Mikey. And that is what matters! If it makes you feel better, it is a good and healthy thing! Mikey tells me that everything around us is energy. When you notice something around you that is "unusual or different" , that happens unexpectantly, that gives you a "tingle" or goosebumps, it is a sign. The timing is huge also! Electrical is big! There are times when I am posting on the forum and all of a sudden my hubby's computer turns on by itself! I pick up my pendulum and Mikey says, "just letting you know I am here mom!" I will talk to Mikey out loud and the next song on the radio will give me my answer to what I am asking! If this is all coincidences, then I have had 1000!
    Embrace what you see! Take it for what it is! Signs and being open to them are huge for pulling you up out of the deep pit of grief! Let the skeptics say what they must. It is OK. (I would always say , "Don't poo poo my signs! They are helping me!" And you know, some of these people began to see what I was seeing!) The grief journey is personal and tough. Until you are in it, some do not quite understand. Mikey says that signs truly can occur anytime, and they can be subtle. But do know your loved ones are thrilled when you acknowledge them! They hear us and see us! MIkey gave his brother's friend a "light show" this week-end when she was in our kitchen. (He used the light over the kitchen table.) I was not home but it was quite impressive I was told! She just can't stop talking about it! Mikey said it was hilarous watching her reaction! He loved it! So very apparent or subtle, it is communication. And I am so thankful for that!!!!
    Sapphire,
    Your mom very well could be involved! We don't always know for sure, but in my heart it makes me happy and that is loving energy coming through which is them even indirectly. Because they are always close and with us, just at a different frequency! Right on Vic! :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I read Roberta's Blog which has some interesting material.

I can accept that sometimes there's a link between here and there which allows manipulation of our physical environment by someone in the etheric. But some claims sorely test that acceptance and coincidence is hard, if not impossible, to rule out. We've been down that path before!

What might truly convince me is a declaration that such-and-such will happen at a certain time and then have it happen.

9. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Not sure we will ever see a declaration like that if it is a "test to prove" that signs are real. Mikey tells me "testing" is not acknowledged in higher realms. Love never "tests". It is sincere according to Mikey. I think what is important to understand is that these signs (whether you believe it or not) is attempts in loving ways to raise your vibration in a positive way when you are grieving. It brings good energy versus focusing on the negativity that grief can bring if you get stuck there. It is the lifeline out of the pit of grief. I truly know that! So it is a choice. But I am all for positive loving energy that brings hope and eventually acceptance to the situation. :) I just know with my whole heart and soul they are real. Just one opinion based on experience. :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

10. cleodoggie

cleodoggie New Member

Well I don't post much here but I do agree with Carol. My husband died 3 years and 4 months ago and I still receive signs especially on birthdays, anniversaries. I do not receive as many signs now but every once in a while especially on those special days I get a sign. You have to be very open to receive these signs. My husband is very good at new and different signs. I too take everything as a sign and I figure at least half of them are true signs. I am blessed that my husband does this for me.