• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

Signs And Messages 'from The Other Side'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby

I don't know how to explain this, and there is most likely a normal explanation bearing in mind it concerns mobile phones and I'm useless with them as I don't use mine to make calls, rather I just text, so when the phone rings I'm all fingers and thumbs. We were discussing buying something from John Lewis the department store on Friday when the mobile rang. It's hardly ever even switched on but it was charging on the kitchen unit. It was Joan Lewis. My husband is about as bad as me and failed to answer it. I texted her back and tried a few times but it failed to send. Today I got a text from her son, from his own phone presumably, telling me that my friend Joan died on 26th August. I'm shocked and can't believe it. I remembered about the call on Friday and checked the call logs but there's no trace of a call from Joan's phone.

jobun

Occasional Contributor
I've been dabbling in the afterlife for a long time. My search started in my late 20's. I've been looking for I don't know what for a long time.
after losing my parents... my dad 14 years ago, my mom a year and 1/2 ago, I've started to lose belief. I have never had afterlife contact with them. Some people have signs, hear voices, dreams, etc.. but me. nothing, nadda, zero, zilch...

I lost faith. I want to believe, but I find it harder and harder to.

I envy those who do make contact, who experience phenomenon. I had a few glimpses here and there, heard a voice or two in my early/mid 20's then nothing. so even though I want to, I think I'm done.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
I've been dabbling in the afterlife for a long time. My search started in my late 20's. I've been looking for I don't know what for a long time.
after losing my parents... my dad 14 years ago, my mom a year and 1/2 ago, I've started to lose belief. I have never had afterlife contact with them. Some people have signs, hear voices, dreams, etc.. but me. nothing, nadda, zero, zilch...

I envy those who do make contact, who experience phenomenon. I had a few glimpses here and there, heard a voice or two in my early/mid 20's then nothing. so even though I want to, I think I'm done.
I feel for you. I've heard similar stories for too long but I've been unable to help. My experience won't be any help but I, too, have not been privileged to see or hear signs etc. Yet I am totally persuaded and confident.

why? I don't have a clue..... But I have seen and I have heard others tell of what they see, hear and experience and how they are persuaded by all or any of them. I wish it could be my way for everyone needing reassurance.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member

Believing wouldn't work for me either.

You actually have had more than I. Even after nearly 40 years "at this stuff" I'm no more able to tell you why some are blessed to have heard or seen a loved one than at the beginning. I have largely pulled back from trying.

jobun

Occasional Contributor
The thing is, I do believe in Mikey and Carol. I believe other people do have contact. My husband's cousins have signs all the time from their parents. As close as I was to my mom, I expected or even hoped to have some small contact with her. Maybe I'm just disappointed and take that as failure. I believed for so long. I trusted and hoped and wanted it. I never feared death because I believed there is an afterlife. now, I'm not so sure

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
I wish I had a way to reassure you..... :(

But from what you've just written my own view is that you do know that this so-called afterlife is as real as our present lives. I won't say you believe because you've told us you know about family members who have had regular contact you acknowledge as signs of parents' presence. And I'm guessing you're completely persuaded by the experiences of former member Carol Morgan and her son, Mikey.

I do understand why you're downhearted you have not had any contact from your parents but sad as that is, logically you must know it doesn't invalidate all the examples you do accept.

bluebird

Significant Contributor

Like mac, I feel for you. I also deal with some of the same issues.

bluebird

Significant Contributor
The thing is, I do believe in Mikey and Carol. I believe other people do have contact. My husband's cousins have signs all the time from their parents. As close as I was to my mom, I expected or even hoped to have some small contact with her. Maybe I'm just disappointed and take that as failure. I believed for so long. I trusted and hoped and wanted it. I never feared death because I believed there is an afterlife. now, I'm not so sure

If you believe that other people do have actual contact with their dead loved ones, how does that not prove to you the existence of an afterlife? (I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking.)

jobun

Occasional Contributor
from bluebird
If you believe that other people do have actual contact with their dead loved ones, how does that not prove to you the existence of an afterlife? (I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking.)

it's a bit of disappointment for me and envy for those who do. I suppose I'm just trying to convince myself that it isn't real and that the reason I haven't had contact isn't because I'm not worthy of it. (my own issues). I believed for so long, and once reality of losing loved ones came about, I really, truly hoped to have that contact. I always thought I was open enough for it, but maybe reality tells me differently. and bb, I didn't take your comments as snarky. I think I know you well enough on here to know that you are a genuine person. I'm guessing my personal disappointment is leading me to feel this way. I hope that somehow I can get it back, because I really did find it comforting.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
from bluebird

it's a bit of disappointment for me and envy for those who do. I suppose I'm just trying to convince myself that it isn't real and that the reason I haven't had contact isn't because I'm not worthy of it. (my own issues). I believed for so long, and once reality of losing loved ones came about, I really, truly hoped to have that contact. I always thought I was open enough for it, but maybe reality tells me differently. and bb, I didn't take your comments as snarky. I think I know you well enough on here to know that you are a genuine person. I'm guessing my personal disappointment is leading me to feel this way. I hope that somehow I can get it back, because I really did find it comforting.
I acknowledge your response is to what bluebird wrote but it hit home with me.

So often I've seen individuals whose struggles are more about emotional / mental health issues than spiritual ones. Over near-forty years " at this stuff" I've been unable to find a way to help such sufferers, one of several reasons I'm backing away from issues I used to try to help folk with.

Status
Not open for further replies.