Signs And Messages 'from The Other Side'

baob

Well I'm glad for you that you like the Seth books but what revelation is in these books that made you say they're worth my time given that you know my own persuasion?

If I have to give time and effort to struggling with (quote) "long and awkward" sentences there needs to be a reward.
The reward is changing the way I view the world. mac, probably Seth’s lauguage is not a problem to you. English is not my first language.

mareke

Well I'm glad for you that you like the Seth books but what revelation is in these books that made you say they're worth my time given that you know my own persuasion?

If I have to give time and effort to struggling with (quote) "long and awkward" sentences there needs to be a reward.
No-one is asking you to read the Seth books. The reality is that the afterlife is incredibly complex and there are a growing number of people around the world that want more than the simple view that some prefer that makes them feel comfortable. Jane Roberts and now possibly Gina Lake satisfy a hunger that people have to understand the way the spirit world works. Michael Newton catered for that need as well. The workings of the spirit world are gradually being revealed in more and more detail. To a self-confessed curmudgeon there is nothing more to be revealed other than what he read years ago. This allows him to preach from on high as if he knows it all.

To each his own. Different strokes for different folks. One man's meat is another man's poison. Whatever floats your boat.

mac

janitor
No-one is asking you to read the Seth books.

You're absolutely right but earlier I was actually told this "Seth’s books are fascinating and absolutely worth your time." I'd like to know why....

The reality is that the afterlife is incredibly complex and there are a growing number of people around the world that want more than the simple view that some prefer that makes them feel comfortable.
Forgive my brusqueness but aren't you trying to teach granny to suck eggs? I've been 'in the spooks' over three and a half decades and I'm more than aware how"incredibly complex" the whole scene is. I don't feel I can speak for the "growing number of people around the world" are looking for. Apparently you do feel qualified to speak for others. As for looking for more than "something that makes them feel comfortable" you may be right but I would contend that many others will be seeking just to understand why we survive death and don't simply disappear forever. I hope those in the former category find what they're seeking but I'm sure those in the latter category stand a better chance in their quest.

Jane Roberts and now possibly Gina Lake satisfy a hunger that people have to understand the way the spirit world works. Michael Newton catered for that need as well. The workings of the spirit world are gradually being revealed in more and more detail. To a self-confessed curmudgeon there is nothing more to be revealed other than what he read years ago. This allows him to preach from on high as if he knows it all.

This curmudgeon will always find weaknesses in unsubstantiated assertions - if you make 'em then I'll point 'em out! I do take exception, though, to your asserting I preach on high or pretend I know it all. Had you properly read what I've written time after time you would know that I say I know only than what's been taught by teachers and guides widely acknowledged as authoritative and spiritually advanced. And I accept only what appeals to my reason.

I don't doubt individuals have a hunger to understand the way the spirit world works - been there, done that, collected Tee shirts aplenty in my thirty odd years of seeking. So there's nothing new in what others are doing. YOU are asserting "The workings of the spirit world are gradually being revealed in more and more detail." and I'm just gonna say that's a crock. You tell me what's been revealed of late, something that wasn't known from previous teachings and I mean what substantiated points - not just ideas or notions. Show me those and I'll be happy to acknowledge I'm wrong.

mac

janitor
The reward is changing the way I view the world. mac, probably Seth’s lauguage is not a problem to you. English is not my first language.
I acknowledge the difficulty you may be experiencing because English is not your first language.

Whether that's your problem with Seth's books, or whether it's because his language and delivery is the you described it - long and awkward - I don't know. But as I wrote earlier, the piece you quoted I found awful to read and English is my language.

I totally accept the reward for you is that the books are changing the way you view the world but but you gave the impression Seth's books are worth my time. I doubt that's the case but unless I read them all - something I don't intend doing - it will have to remain my supposition. ;)

Ruby

Established Member
Jenn at thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com has written quite a piece on a "technological message from the "Other Side"! Not sure what to make of it as it sounds chilling to me. We are all a mixture of good and bad. None of us are angels in heaven. We are solid creatures here on earth and sometimes can't help responding to our circumstances or those around us in human terms, not sweetness and light! Do read this; so interesting. Not sure what to think of trying to enlist the help of a specific angel. Surely these named beings are fictional? However, don't be put off reading the post.
Our telephone became difficult to use a month or two after the apparition experience I had in early 2018. Static noise on the line made it impossible to hear calls for a week or two, or even to get a dialling tone: all was static. My husband said just recently when I asked him about it that it was fixed by a telephone engineer but at the time he said the engineer was here for a different reason to do with the computer. A friend last week said husbands "do that" and I agree!!!
Anyway, in February last year I was at a conference on "spooky stuff" when a researcher put up a slide about grades of telephonic spooky action. Number one, or "entry level" was static on the line!

mac

janitor
I'm very averse to making things fit although I'm no longer sceptical about many of the reported instances of electronics problems. It's a pity though that our friends unseen don't appreciate how crackling phone lines are often attributable to poor electro-mechanical connections.

With my background of science and electronics I couldn't even guess how many of our equipment failures were occasioned by one or more 'bad contacts'. If I'd put them down to discarnate communication attempts rather than analysing and fixing the faults I would justifiably have deserved the sack!

Ruby if you want members to take a look at Jenn's piece you are referring to you should post a link to it as otherwise it means we all have to go searching.

Ruby

Established Member
I don't know how to post these links, sorry mac. I think you may have put Jenn's blog in your resources file. It is her most recent post which I am just about to look up myself. It came to my inbox this morning as I am a subscriber.
Your middle paragraph

Ruby

Established Member
There was supposed to be a laughter emoji after "Your middle paragraph"!
You can see now how I can't post links!!

mac

janitor
I don't know how to post these links, sorry mac. I think you may have put Jenn's blog in your resources file. It is her most recent post which I am just about to look up myself. It came to my inbox this morning as I am a subscriber.
Your middle paragraph
Yes Jenn has been in the 'Resources' category for some time. Her posted piece is for anyone interested who's not on her notification list. If you have a computer then posting links is a doddle - I'll talk you through it if it's any help.

On a phone it may be less straightforward but I don't know as I don't routinely use a phone and almost never when I'm accessing websites.

Ruby

Established Member
I use a tablet. The Search for the blog will be easier than the search for Life After Death. Sorry! (I will have to use exclamation marks now I've observed that my emojies don't print). Thanks for the offer, but I won't trouble you, I'll ask my son sometime.
What she has posted is an expanded answer to someone who has posted a query on her After Death Communications thread.