1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Signs And Messages follow on, Soul Trek, soul cells, guides

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Dec 4, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Yes losing our newborn was a shock to our souls and blackness of the deepest sort descended on us for quite some time. Life went on all around us, of course, like nothing had happened and it was a surreal time. Certain everyday events still can bring back the feeling from that time, especially for my wife. The UK had a glorious spring and beautiful summer and my wife will remark when she hears certain birds singing early in the morning how it reminds her of the glorious spring she should have been a mother. I remember other things but can only ever feel the loss as a father; for a mother it must be near unbearable. Occasionally something will bring back to me how I used to wake very early in the morning to hear her sobbing uncontrollably after she'd woken from drug-assisted sleep to her continuing nightmare. That went on for months.....

I'd forgotten she'd lost her son - it's a long time ago. Until recently I'd thought only occasionally of the times I've related recently and of the several books by her that we both enjoyed and which comforted us. No I'd never met Doris and neither had my wife; she knew nothing about either of us.

I read the stories but to the best of my recollection they were debunked. There's always someone who wants to hurt under the pretext of revealing fraud. The web is awash with crap that's alleged to be fact and I'm cautious of all such stories as you found.

absolutely not

As best I can recall I didn't go out from work that lunchtime for anything other than a short walk, a break from being in work. I've mentally looked back many times at what happened and always came to the same conclusion. I felt that I was 'taken over' from the time I decided to leave work and 'taken' down the High Street and steered into the shop and right up to the point of picking up the book - which at that time meant nothing to me and neither did its subject. My actions seemed so deliberate that even now it still feels like they were orchestrated.

I've done what you've suggested but it's quite the challenge for him to find something his dad would recognise as a sign he's around. He knows that I know he'll be there at times but not at all times. There's no actual need for him to stay around me or his mom although he does sometimes give her little signs. ;) I can just hear him 'saying' "Mi dad doesn't need that stuff!" It's what I'd be saying in his position! :D And he's right although it would be nice to recognise something. ;)

Yes you're right, Lola, about him growing into an adult and I'd think it was quite quickly too. There would not have been a need for a conventionally long childhood. :) It's rather unusual to be speaking at such length about those times and circumstances. I usually say little about them unless I think it might help someone who's struggling. It would feel self-indulgent without that.

Over the years I've particularly tried to help anyone bereaved by neo-natal death and stillbirth but it's often tricky to know what to say, be that face-to-face or online. Grief devastates parents and talking about death is even harder when they're hurting so much. :(

2. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Oh please don't ever feel it is self indulgent. I had a friend who was a social worker and grief counselor, and she said that the best thing anyone can do is talk about it, providing the person they are talking to is receptive. and she stressed this to all her clients (and to me as well).

I think your wife was thinking of various plans that she thought up for the baby during her pregnancy (pregnant women do that), and when she gave birth, the baby was literally there one minute and gone the next. This can cause more grief than if she had a miscarriage, for instance.

As far as Doris is concerned, it could be a load of bull about her "plants" in the audience. I'll have to look in her book again, but I think I recall her giving spontaneous readings to strangers and to people she didn't expect to see, so that would rule out any sort of preparation. You were like a puppet on a string when you went into that store - as you say, it seemed orchestrated. Maybe it was somehow "arranged" for you to find that book as a form of comfort. I just have a gut feeling that it had to do with the baby somehow.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I was lucky, Lola, that both I and my wife were able to do all the talking we needed to but thanks for your thoughts. I don't need to talk about things any more although my wife and I do sometimes re-visit those times. We did that just this past lunchtime. ;):)

I usually try to encourage others in similar situations to talk about their loss, something I learned to do all those years ago and something I still try to do but I'm not a trained counselor so I am careful. Some don't want to talk. Some aren't open to the idea of survival. But those who are I'll try to help with a few ideas for them to go away and think about.

Many things have happened over the years and each has shaped me, shaped my understanding, sometimes enabled me to better support others. If they were all just coincidences then they were serendipitous and it's been just good luck that so many have been helpful for others. I can live with that but my feeling is that they were more than serendipity. ;) As for finding the book well it's just one of those many things that have happened.

The whole experience and many other since have shaped our approach and taught both of us things we never dreamed we'd learn. Yes my wife had been doing what mothers do and I had been doing what dads do as we both looked forward to the arrival of our son. All that changed abruptly. As my wife's labor started we left home with a healthy, kicking son and 18 hours later we returned home by ourselves to a cold, quiet, empty house that was prepped for a baby in every way; just the two of us that evening and in the days that followed even though family, friends and medical people came and went.

It remained just the two of us struggling our way together through the months that followed. Difficult days, even harder nights. :( No medical reason was found for his death and the hospital staff could do nothing to help us. The summer passed in a blur. Fall eventually came and my 'awakening' happened. The world again began turning for us and we started to come to life after so long feeling we too had died.

4. Lola Hoovler

No one could come up with a reason why he didn't survive? That's unusual. However, what you describe as your process of grieving that took place over the years is really quite natural despite the sadness involved. It's true that you feel a piece of you died. Feelings of disassociation and loss of interest in day to day things (as in my case and your wife's) are common. As far as trained counselors go, I would have to go to one who is either a Spiritualist or is at least receptive to what people call here "the paranormal." Luckily, I had a grief counselor who was like that, and her services were free to me through the government due to my husband having been in Vietnam. We even discussed spiritual topics after our session was officially over if she had the time. This was of immense help to me. Often it is the little things like that which make a big difference rather than any formal training they may have had. How nice that you were able to help others from time to time. By helping others, we help to heal ourselves.

Julie's book is getting so interesting that I stayed up until just before 2 AM reading it. I'm finally making progress (now on page 51). I'm not a slow reader, but because of its complexity I have to keep reading parts of it over again, so it's at a snail's pace. When I saw how small it was, I figured I would be done with it in 2 or 3 nights - yeah right!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I know exactly what you mean, Lola! :D

I read and then re-read sections repeatedly as I worked slowly through the book. Sometimes I read whole chapters again. I didn't find it hard to read - I liked Julie Gales' style - but the complexity of the details demanded that I thought hard about almost everything I was 'hearing'. But what I read 'resonated' within me and little-by-little I got my head round the whole of the message. Later I read the whole book through again a couple more times and this past July I read it one more time just to 'churn' the details.

Julie's book would definitely not suit anyone who doesn't have a fundamental grasp of survival and is not completely comfortable with the 'message'. I try to work a taste of Alpha's message into certain threads to see how folk react. You reacted positively and maybe it's no coincidence we're both Spiritualists. ;)

6. Lola Hoovler

I like her style also. If it wasn't for that, I might have stopped reading this altogether. But now it is becoming more interesting. It is definitely not for beginners, however, and there certainly aren't many people to discuss this with. No one wants to be told that they were once a part of a mineral or plant. They would definitely think I was crazy. l am reading the part of what is meant by instinct - a word used all the time, but no one can define what it means (but now I do LOL). I wasn't surprised when she (or Alpha) said that the souls of some animals are more advanced than ours. I've thought that for quite some time. This certainly wipes out the f0olish notion that we somehow are above other life forms and the "cream of the crop." That's the impression I got anyway. Do you feel that way too?

7. mac

mac Staff Member

About animals my approach may be somewhat different from that of the majority and I usually stay away from discussions of them because of the emotions they can generate. ;) I'm not sure, though, that Alpha said the souls of some animals were more advanced than those of humankind but my memory's not what it used to be so I'm not arguing the point. If you point me in the direction of the relevant pages I'll be happy to take a look to see if I've not remembered correctly......

The aspect of incarnations in inanimate form is a REALLY challenging one I found and I wonder how many readers that resonates for. I don't find it a problem but I don't know any corroborating guidance from other teachers so it might be a justifiably 'iffy' notion.

8. Lola Hoovler

It's on page 60. "the soul animating the animal may be so far advanced from your own that you wouldn't be able to stay in its company if it were out of the physical incarnation." It's the soul that animates it that might be higher, not the animal itself. The inanimate incarcerations were in the very beginning, right" And then the bodies; got more and more complex.

I cheated and went ahead just for a couple of minutes to page 190 and was flabbergasted to find that she was talking about places made of thought in the n0n-physical world, and that they dissipate once no one needs them. Anyway, she used almost the exact words of William Buhlman, the well known out of body traveler who teaches at the Monroe Institute here in the US. The interesting part is that she wrote this book in 1966. She has to be getting this information from someone other than herself. Buhlman was only about 13, and the Monroe Institute wasn't even in existence. yet she is describing the same things he saw.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

You're bang on right but Alpha had said earlier "The older souls, the ones I mentioned as not breaking down any further than into soul-cells, they will always appear in what might be called more forceful incarnations. Either as animals that lead lone lives......or in group animals where they will be queen-bees, the elephant matriarch, the dominant member of any group. They will give leadership wherever they incarnate." etc.

At the top of page 60 Alpha goes on to give examples of animals that are more-notable and explains how and why such incarnations are those of greater souls, somethimes the rarest of souls, "......a single soul making its pilgrimmage through the animal kingdom."

So yes as you said earlier the souls of some animals are more advanced than ours. But this is more the exception than the rule as I understand what Alpha is saying. These are the 'very-special' souls and not run-of-the-mill, common-or-garden ones that animate most animals.

bang on right again :)

10. mac

mac Staff Member

With any book it can be intriguing to see where you're heading. ;)

I have never had any reason to doubt Julie Gale's integrity concerning who she was acting as medium for - whom she was 'channeling' to use modern day parlance. Alpha appears to be a highly-evolved discarnate and some of the ideas he communicated are likely to have preceded modern-day ones by some years.

Folk are only now beginning to catch-up and I find it amusing to hear of their 'revelations', ideas from this advanced guide I've been offering readers and members - along with attribution, they're not my ideas! - here and elsewhere for some time. ;):D:)