1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Signs And Messages follow on, Soul Trek, soul cells, guides

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Oh my God, I can't believe it! Doris Stokes is one of my most favorite people in the whole world. I read her book "Voices" so many times I lost count. I seldom read one more than twice, but I won't part with it. Thank God her father thought she was special, but her mother was thinking of committing her to a mental asylum. She could actually see spirits, and one evening, during a presentation, she saw a man (spirit) acting confused wandering around the crowd, and she asked him who he was looking for. He came up with a name, which she related to the audience and a woman claimed to be the one Doris was looking for. The man had told Doris his his name, and although all that was correct, the woman said it couldn't be true because it was her husband and he was back at the hotel in bed reading a book. Long story short - the woman's husband had a sudden heart attack after his wife left to see Doris Stokes, knew she was there, and apparently came looking for her after he died. There is more evidential mediumship in that book than there would be in 20 books. No, she isn't well known in America and any time I mentioned her name, I was met with a blank stare, but she was easily one of the best mediums who ever lived. You are the only person I know who is even aware of her, which I find absurd, but that is likely because you live in the UK, and she captured everyone's heart over there. In addition to being a great medium, she was friendly, funny, and kind. I'll have to look at Amazon to see what they have to say about this new book. Since she died quite a while ago, I'm surprised but pleased to find that there is actually a new book out about her. She is someone who should never be forgotten.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Lola, you might like this: Psychic News - December 2019

and this: https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Every...ks&sprefix=dorsi+stokes,stripbooks,317&sr=1-3

3. Lola Hoovler

Thanks. I read this. Very interesting. The pr0blem is that the new book about Doris is rather pricey, but on scrolling down, I found what looks like a very good book titled "Conversations with Spirit: The Truth About Death and Reincarnati0n." I read some excerpts from it, and it was fascinating and only 10 bucks (dollars). It is another high level spirit channeling information who calls himself "Brahma." Here we go with the exotic names again, but interestingly, "Brahma" says he is part of a group soul and that it isn't his real name - the same thing that was said in Julie's Book, Silver Birch and the Jane Roberts books. This is surely no coincidence, and I don't think it is a coincidence that I stumbled onto this book given the fact that I was discussing group souls just a few hours ago. Oh well, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but that's what happens when you get snowed in!

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Yes it is spendy and quite a lot more than in the UK through Amazon UK..... It may become less expensive if other stockists carry it but it's got limited appeal over here, I imagine, so the price may not go down. The $10 book might provide interesting reading but I wonder if you'll get an eastern view of reincarnation given the communicator's name??? ;) I'm afraid it's a situation where yuh pays yer money and takes yer chance! :D

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Did you also read the short thread it appeared in, with a conversation about Doris?

6. Lola Hoovler

Yes, I did, and I read in the "comment" section by somebody named Mac (not you because he's from Arizona) that he thought it might be a rehash of her previous stories, and that is a concern of mine as well. Her book "Voices" is over 400 pages long and tells details of her life from childhood on, including many of her readings, so paying that much for a book with information I already have would be foolish. I carefully read the excerpts from the cheaper book, and it is far removed from the Eastern religions. I, too, was suspicious due to the name "Brahma" but nothing in there even resembles an Eastern religion. Much of what I read corresponds a lot with Julie's book, and it got excellent reviews on Amazon. (I am still reading and re-reading Soul Trek and am only on page 34)

Also, a commenter from Ireland said that the book I own about Doris was banned in Ireland by the Catholic church. It almost makes the Cath0lic religion seem like some type of cult.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

not me? Have you looked at my profile here? ;):D:)

The remark about an earlier book about Doris Stokes was from my friend, website owner Candlelight.kk who is from Ireland. The Roman Catholic church has much to answer for in my view but we mustn't get into details as it would be a conversation about religion and that subject along with politics sind verboten on ALF. :)

The book by Brahma might well prove good value at $10 and the Doris Stokes book might just be more one for those who want every book about her. She's important in my story (you saw that part in the thread I hope?) but I'm unsure whether to splash out £17 for the new book.

I hope you're enjoying Soul Trek. :)

8. Lola Hoovler

Oops, didn't mean to start anyone talking about religion. No, I didn't read anyone's profile here, but I did a little while ago, and saw that it was you after all. I had no idea you ever lived in Arizona, as I thought you were strictly from the UK and might have only come to this country on occasion. It sounds like it is likely very beautiful there, as AZ is gorgeous and in some spots, it is considered mystical.

I also read the part about how you found Doris' book. Again, I thought it was a different person - an American from Arizona. It sounds like you had no intent in mind at all, and to think you went way in the back and found her book, which obviously wasn't right in front of you, is amazing. You said you were not an avid book reader, so it is odd that you went in there in the first place (assuming this was a book store), and to think it changed your life and set you on this journey totally rules out coincidence. Even if this wasn't an actual book store, you didn't seem to have any reason to go in there at that particular time. If I remember right, you kind of wondered yourself what you were doing there. The author of the new book says Doris is still helping people, and I can't rule that out at all because she was such a dynamic person.

What did you mean when you said that through Doris, your son sent you a display of flowers? Did you lose a child in the past?

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Our son died full-term on the day he was born. That dreadful loss of our much-planned for son began the events that led to me writing today from where I am right now. :)

The little shop in the UK where I found Doris's book was what we call a 'corner shop'. although it wasn't exactly a corner shop as it was on a straight street! It was a newsagent - we don't have 'em here in the US - that sold loads of daily newspapers and periodicals such as Scientific American, New Scientist, auto mags. etc - they're more what I used to read - plus a few paperbacks. I didn't often read paperbacks and it's rare that I do even now so there would have been no reason for me to go looking at the far distant back of this little shop. When I did go in to buy something it would be candy or newspapers and magazines which were close to the entrance. I can still feel the sense of unreality of doing what I did in the way that I did it that day!

Very much later, after the birth of our next child, my wife went to see Doris on stage in Sheffield with a friend. (Shortly after our friend had a 'reading' about her future before she emigrated to the US from the guy who 'rescued' us. Many years later we visited with her there - another story ;)) You've heard of Sheffield already! ;) Doris was at a large theatre giving one of her customary demonstrations of philosophy and platform mediumship to an audience of several hundred.

My wife got nothing but Doris invited folk to meet her at the stage after she finished her session. Our friend persuaded my wife to join the queue, a line of hopefuls waiting to meet Doris. My wife wasn't keen as it was well after 10.30 by then and both still had to travel home with work the following day. But before she reached Doris, Doris said she had a young boy skipping around her - needless to say my wife's heart also did some skipping!

She told my wife the young boy wanted to give her one of the large flower displays on the stage as a birthday present for his dad. My birthday was a couple of days away and at a quarter after midnight my wife walked in and gave me the huge bouquet and told me what had happened that evening! Doris has a special place in our hearts. :)

baob likes this.
  10. Lola Hoovler

So sorry to hear that the baby died. I've seen too much of that sort of thing after working at hospitals and clinics for 18 years! It must have been truly devastating. Between what I saw at work and losing my whole family and a few friends (not all at once of course), I also started into this in a desperate attempt to find some answers; it's all we can do since we can't bring them back.

As far as the Doris Stokes experience, and assuming that your wife's friend didn't know Doris personally in any way, all I can say is WOW. There is no way she would have known that your birthday was approaching, and no way she could have known that you lost a child which she correctly identified as a boy. Doris herself lost a baby boy. I still remember that his name was John.

I was a little disappointed when I looked Doris up on the internet and found that she was discovered to have friends and former clients planted in her audiences. But even if that's true, I don't think that anyone could have THAT many people planted in the audience. She did multiple demonstrations at huge places like the Dominion, the Barbicon etc., and it wouldn't make any sense to think that her on the spot readings were directed only to them. Certainly, it doesn't appear to be the case when your wife saw her in Sheffield. I still would like to know what or who inspired you to go into that small shop. You didn't mention buying any candy or newspapers etc. - just the book.

This is cliché, but true. The baby grew up over there like they all do and is probably around you at times. Ask him for a sign. It can't do any harm, and most of the time, it works - maybe not right away, but it will eventually.