1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Question

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by cleodoggie, May 28, 2012.

1. I can see no less than 4 events here, including my logging on and reading your response, which, if I had left it for a few days, this post may have been burried sufficiently deep in the thread for me not to see it, that's a coincidence???

2. Maybe, maybe not. :confused:

But you have to ask yourself if it's a coincidence that I am replying to your post, and if it's a coincidence that you might coincidently reply back to this possible coincidence with another coincidence.

3. Coincidentally, I had no further reason to come back to this thread today, but here I am and there you are, now I'm starting to freak.:eek:

4. I tells ya, these coincidences have got to stop before we all turn into Rick James.

5. Damn!!! I should've known better than to come back.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Originally Posted by mac

Pedantry is my forté but I'm not playing games.

The correct use of words has significance and importance. If we don't make an effort to communicate clearly, we're not fully (respecting) respectful of one another....

If we've tried our best we can do no more.

Yes language is important but it's disrespectful to try to correct mine by changing my deliberate use of a gerund for that of your simple adjective - or (unfathomably) my black comma for a red one!

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm notified of each posting (or group of postings) occurrence and am anyway a regular visitor as indeed are you. You're likely to check routinely and also are likely to be notified of forum activity in a similar manner to myself.

The likelihood of you leaving a thread like this (in which you've been posting regularly) unvisited for a few days is small, I'd suggest, and if like me you tend to read all new stuff in such an active thread, you would read my postings, even if they weren't at the top of the page.

It's nothing to do with coincidence.

8. No disrespect intended, your comma was missing, and yes, you got me by your gerund. Thanks for the education - always happy to learn.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

The comma wasn't missing as I hadn't intended it should be there.... They can be useful, even near-essential, for clarity but can also break the flow in short sentences.

It's still not the done thing, though, to 'correct' others unless it's a 'Learn English Usage' type forum.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

oops........