Part 3 - Ask your questions here.

mac

janitor
As someone who has for over three decades also tried to help seekers of understanding I have skin in this conversation. I have before asked for an explanation of the claim that certain individuals are forced to reincarnate. I will be consistent in challenging points made but not the people making them.

The notion of reincarnation is riddled with misleading details and claims and I'm disappointed that Mikey hasn't chosen to support and defend his ideas. When anyone's intention is to offer guidance then consistency is the watchword and that is missing in connection with this notion of some individuals being forced to reincarnate.

Nothing I talked about needed defining, be it using a dictionary or via an online search. We all understand what's meant by forcing someone to do something so if a soul is "forced" to reincarnate then it's incumbent on the one who declares it so to explain how, when and why that happens - and how often. If Mikey's role is that of a teacher it's his responsibility to explain what's not understood until it IS understood. (My own responsibility as an incarnate educator was that if one way of explaining did not work then the teacher needed to find a suitable alternative way.) At minimum Mikey should be choosing his own words and his choice should not be constrained by a request they be simple ones. If alternative words are chosen then the risk is run that suitability/applicability could be compromised.

In response to my request for an explanation I get : "Mikey tells me it is rare. He cannot give a number to rare. It is rare. (Take that word any way you want). Again he tells me that 100% of every single soul that has ever reincarnated here to earth over and over is 100% always by choice. Most often it is." Please forgive my directness but how is that explaining the idea of "being forced"? When I asked how and/or why often I get no clear indication and that's not an explanation at all. It has NEVER been about which dimension reincarnations may take place or their suitability, something spoken about at length above.

Maybe this example is one of the limitations of trans-dimensional communication, the method used and the individuals concerned. Telepathy is understandably constrained by the receptiveness of the receiver, the ability of the transmitter and the method. Using a pendulum may introduce the risk of coloration from the mind of the receiver of any details. Any ideas, prejudices or beliefs can never totally be ruled out in any form of mediumship and any medium should be aware of that possibility.

mac

janitor
Hi Mac,
Wow! First of all, I guess I shouldn't have put my human thoughts in the post . And I truly don't have an opinion because I really don't care on this subject! :)
:)
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
Carol you are of course totally free to present whatever thoughts you choose. :) We, of course, are free to respond to them but when you're communicating Mikey's responses to questions wouldn't you agree it's best if we 'hear from' just Mikey?

I will accept you have no opinion on the specific topic under discussion but earlier you had 'spoken' about the way you had been forced to go to school and forced to go to church in the same paragraph as being forced to reincarnate. The inference seemed to be you were seeing all those situations as similar and that's why I felt you were expressing an opinion.

I was challenging the points Mikey had made.

Thank you , Carol and Mikey, for seeking to teach us in a simple manner the truth about reincarnating. Carol, I know you personally , and I know you are exhausted by both your work in the health care field, ssoooooo challenged by COVID, and with keeping up with the forum. Carol, you report what Mikey is telling you from his perspective, and you do not have to ever try to explain further from an earthly perspective. I know you as "Clueless Carol"....although clearly you are not. I value the messages Mikey sends us from the better side and just keep it simple, as he tells it!!l Please don't give up on the forum. You are very valued. Rest, retire, and rejuvenate!! The future for you is so exciting and you have, and will, continue to help so very many people. Thank you and love you!!

mac

janitor
Thank you , Carol and Mikey, for seeking to teach us in a simple manner the truth about reincarnating.
I hope members will acknowledge that when I disagree about a point - as I have yet again on this contentious issue - I am not disagreeing with Carol.

Remember, please, it's only Mikey offering his ideas about reincarnation. What he says ".... most often it is our choice...." is close to what teachers and guides of old have said. But when he says: ".....It is quite rare for a soul to be forced." he's adding an extra aspect and it's trying to understand that I've been trying to work towards.

Mikey can not be unaware that what he's saying isn't uncontroversial, if only because I and he have 'crossed swords' about it in the past. He didn't give us examples then though and he's not doing it this time. I agree it would be teaching in a simple manner if it had just been said reincarnation is a choice we make but it's not simple when it's inferred that some individuals will be forced to reincarnate - but without explaining why.

Carol, I know you personally , and I know you are exhausted by both your work in the health care field, ssoooooo challenged by COVID, and with keeping up with the forum.
I know Carol only from the years we've both been here but I hope she'll agree I've been supportive of what she and her son have tried to do. I feel for Carol because healthcare workers generally are exhausted emotionally and physically by the pandemic. But she's never under any obligation or pressure to keep up with answering questions. Members are privileged they can ask - it's not an entitlement.

Carol, you report what Mikey is telling you from his perspective, and you do not have to ever try to explain further from an earthly perspective.
No argument about Carol's role - I've already made that clear. Remember though, please, that it's not Carol providing the details and neither I nor other members are asking her view or asking her to explain anything.

I know you as "Clueless Carol"....although clearly you are not.
I'm sure that's an affectionate term and I agree that Carol is far from clueless.

I value the messages Mikey sends us from the better side and just keep it simple, as he tells it!!
I agree - the simpler the message the better but when it's not, when a point is challenged, then it should be Mikey who responds. There's an old saying that "Spirit loves an enquiring mind." I was taught always to "Question the spirit." and that's what I do, not just on ALF but in other places where I'm a long-time regular. I've been around here for a similar time to Carol and Mikey and doing "this stuff" for a lot longer.

Please don't give up on the forum. You are very valued. Rest, retire, and rejuvenate!! The future for you is so exciting and you have, and will, continue to help so very many people. Thank you and love you!!

If spending time on ALF is taxing Carol then I endorse your encouraging her to rest and recuperate. I wouldn't want anyone to be exhausted yet feel obligated to post. I'm the last person to press Carol and - if I may modestly say so - I was instrumental in her return after her long break from ALF. The last thing I want is for her to feel under pressure.

I hope members will acknowledge that when I disagree about a point - as I have yet again on this contentious issue - I am not disagreeing with Carol.

Remember, please, it's only Mikey offering his ideas about reincarnation. What he says ".... most often it is our choice...." is close to what teachers and guides of old have said. But when he says: ".....It is quite rare for a soul to be forced." he's adding an extra aspect and it's trying to understand that I've been trying to work towards.

Mikey can not be unaware that what he's saying isn't uncontroversial, if only because I and he have 'crossed swords' about it in the past. He didn't give us examples then though and he's not doing it this time. I agree it would be teaching in a simple manner if it had just been said reincarnation is a choice we make but it's not simple when it's inferred that some individuals will be forced to reincarnate - but without explaining why.

I know Carol only from the years we've both been here but I hope she'll agree I've been supportive of what she and her son have tried to do. I feel for Carol because healthcare workers generally are exhausted emotionally and physically by the pandemic. But she's never under any obligation or pressure to keep up with answering questions. Members are privileged they can ask - it's not an entitlement.

No argument about Carol's role - I've already made that clear. Remember though, please, that it's not Carol providing the details and neither I nor other members are asking her view or asking her to explain anything.

I'm sure that's an affectionate term and I agree that Carol is far from clueless.

I agree - the simpler the message the better but when it's not, when a point is challenged, then it should be Mikey who responds. There's an old saying that "Spirit loves an enquiring mind." I was taught always to "Question the spirit." and that's what I do, not just on ALF but in other places where I'm a long-time regular. I've been around here for a similar time to Carol and Mikey and doing "this stuff" for a lot longer.

If spending time on ALF is taxing Carol then I endorse your encouraging her to rest and recuperate. I wouldn't want anyone to be exhausted yet feel obligated to post. I'm the last person to press Carol and - if I may modestly say so - I was instrumental in her return after her long break from ALF. The last thing I want is for her to feel under pressure.
Mac, you have indeed been very helpful to Carol. She actually is retiring from her career soon and I believe will be back on the forum. She’s just hit a wall for a time. I didn’t mean to oversimplify things and I know you’ve got Carol’s back. Somehow I think Mikey is wherever he is at the moment, laughing at all of this. Take care.