Part 2, January 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
question/remark 1. I love your thoughts, Carol, along with Mikey's explanations. There's much to comment upon but one thing that stands out is your mention of (quote) "...were going to be the initial communicators." If you and Mikey were/are to be the initial ones, what/who is yet to follow?

question/remark 2. Interesting points about soul cell/soul group operation. The concept of these structures was for me an advanced one, a concept I didn't learn about 'til after two decades or more 'in the spooks'. I say 'advanced' because I think it needs a lot of both general and specific understanding of how this afterlife/forelife stuff works. That's how it was for me, anyway.....

I'm au fait with the notion but I wonder if others on ALF feel that way? It's a subject that warrants a thread, or a conversation, of its own in my view because it's not something I've seen routinely talked about yet it has great significance and importance. What Mikey's said about soul-cell members not necessarily being at the same level of spiritual progression is hugely important and feeds into the notion of 'levels' and reincarnation, both complex and often greatly misunderstood concepts. We've had conversations here on ALF about both before but the details need frequent 'churning' for those who aren't sure about them or are new to them.

question/remark 3. Perhaps we could have Mikey communicate a piece that could be posted as a resource here - what do you say, Mikey?
Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me when I leave the planet, Joey will be able to connect with me (Carol).
Question 3: Mac, that is fine. Mikey can give a more detailed overview of this subject. I know it was just briefly touched on in the book and here on some different threads. Let me know how I should do this. Start a thread? It will be a lot of typing I'm guessing so the initial post would need to handle that many characters. Remember I'm (Carol) bad with technology. :)
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Question

Mikey when I ask you questions is it ever the case that you’re prompting me to ask about certain issues or do the questions come purely from my own thoughts?
Hi Mac,
Mikey feels the questions are from our thoughts. :)
*I'll be back soon to answer your other questions. Getting late over here! :)
Carol

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Mikey keeps telling me how powerful our minds are. (We can literally make ourselves sick, make ourselves better, manifest things that we desire and it can happen with our minds / thoughts. (This is small scale). It can be a good thing to have an excellent imagination for example.) He tells me the conscious energy from the many advanced souls of The Collective can create great things . (This is big scale.) It is a Collective Mind from his viewpoint that literally can manifest these things here. What all exists here literally came from a thought from Mikey's viewpoint. Thought = Mind = Consciousness / Unity / God / Collective / Source : is all the same thing from Mikey's perspective. :)
I follow all of that, Mikey.

Am I right in thinking that all the apparently-permanent structures in your own dimension are there as the outcome of the collective, creative energy/energies of however many advanced souls it takes to bring them into existence? And is it not the case that collective, creative energy holds those otherwise-ephemeral structures in continuing 'existence'? I acknowledge our words - my words - are somewhat unsuited to the purpose of describing the situation!

May I now return, Mikey, to what we were discussing earlier, the situation of Stonehenge in the UK and Machu Pichu in Peru?

question 1. After your explanation in this particular posting are you saying that both these structures were created in this physical dimension by spiritually advanced entities in the etheric?

question 2. Are you saying that none of the structures were created by humans in the way that we expect structures to have been created by human hands?

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Lots of questions coming my way I see! :)
Question 1: Mikey tells me yes.
Question 2: Mikey tells me yes.
Question 3: Mikey tells me yes.
Mikey tells me you're absolutely correct regarding the few questions after #3. And when we pass over, that knowledge comes back to us and we have such a better understanding of everything. We then get the bigger picture!
Question 4: Mikey tells me it is not so much coloring as it is new awareness for me (Carol) while I'm in the physical.
Hi Carol and thanks for all those confirmations. Lots of questions but easy answers! thank you :)

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Mikey feels the questions are from our thoughts. :)
*I'll be back soon to answer your other questions. Getting late over here! :)
Carol
That's fine, Carol - I just wondered whose question subjects they were - mine! :) No hurry for any questions remaining.

mac

Administrator
Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me when I leave the planet, Joey will be able to connect with me (Carol).

Wow! That's interesting, Carol!

Question 3: Mac, that is fine. Mikey can give a more detailed overview of this subject. I know it was just briefly touched on in the book and here on some different threads. Let me know how I should do this. Start a thread? It will be a lot of typing I'm guessing so the initial post would need to handle that many characters. Remember I'm (Carol) bad with technology. :)

I would help any way I could, Carol, as I've offered in the past. BUT I don't want to do this just because it's a subject that interests me and in so doing causing you and Mikey a heck of a lot of extra work. Only if you and he consider it a worthwhile venture should you begin it but I will happily help with all the stuff needed to present it most effectively on ALF if you do both consider it of value. I'll leave it to you guys to consider and decide - please let me know what you think either here or via p.m. if that suits you better.

mac

Administrator
Hey guys! This is a chicken-or-the-egg type of question. :);)

We all know how babies are made and what comes before but what I'm wondering about are the logistics of the procreation business from the spirit-side of the equation.

We know we're spirits experiencing a physical existence and each individual spirit has to begin its incarnation somehow. But which comes first, Mikey?

question 1. Does conception take place only when an animating spirit commits to undertaking an incarnate life?

or

question 2. Does an animating spirit have to be found / assigned after conception has taken place if there is no spirit waiting to undertake the role of animating the new life to be?

question 3. If the answer to 2. above is 'yes' would it be the case that an immature foetus would not continue to grow in its mother if a suitable match of spirit to body could not be achieved? question 3a. Is that one reason why early miscarriage may occur?

question 4. If all those scenarios are bogus, in exactly what way are spirits and bodies 'matched' to one another?

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Here are some questions just for you, Carol, if you don’t mind answering them. It’s about your personal life and I’ve tried not to be intrusive but I will understand if you choose not to answer. As I’m writing Thanksgiving is a day away but it will be over when you reply and it’s about such holidays – and personal anniversaries etc. - that I’m asking.

Question 1. When you have a family gathering and celebration such as Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. I expect Mikey will draw close. Does this feel different from the way it is when you’re just by yourselves?

Question 2. Do all your family and friends know he’s always near you and that you constantly communicate with one another? Are there any who are not comfortable with that situation?

Question 3. Does Mikey join in general conversations and know all about wider family matters?

Question 4. What is his involvement if he gets involved with family matters at all?

Question5. Do family members ask questions the way they’re asked on ALF?
Hi Mac,
Question 1: For me, it feels the same.
Question 2: They know that he is close. Not sure if they all know that I communicate regularly with him. But they do know I communicate. I would say I have one in-law that is not comfortable with what I do. So I just don't discuss things when they are around.
Question 3: I do not bring out my pendulum at holidays unless someone asks. Mikey is in-tuned to family matters and my personal life.
Question 4: Mikey does not get too involved. It is our individual journey here. But he does give support and guidance at times.
Question 5: No, at least not the more detailed ones. I do have a group of friends that meet with me regularly that ask specific questions like folks do here. But my family really doesn't, but they truly are supportive of me. (Joey has great interest and is constantly after me about getting out more and speaking, etc. like I was doing before. He feels the information in the book is very important for people. ) Actually, I would say I have many friends now that are very open minded and love to talk about it. What is interesting is that over the past 2 years, I have met many folks that are into this type of thing. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening to me. My support system with this is really growing! And I like that! :) They don't think I'm crazy!
Carol

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts

Am I right in thinking that all the apparently-permanent structures in your own dimension are there as the outcome of the collective, creative energy/energies of however many advanced souls it takes to bring them into existence? And is it not the case that collective, creative energy holds those otherwise-ephemeral structures in continuing 'existence'? I acknowledge our words - my words - are somewhat unsuited to the purpose of describing the situation!

May I now return, Mikey, to what we were discussing earlier, the situation of Stonehenge in the UK and Machu Pichu in Peru?

question 1. After your explanation in this particular posting are you saying that both these structures were created in this physical dimension by spiritually advanced entities in the etheric?

question 2. Are you saying that none of the structures were created by humans in the way that we expect structures to have been created by human hands?
Question 1: Mikey tells me correct. But, understand they draw into this dimension to be able to complete it according to Mikey.
Question 2: Mikey tells me human hands could touch it and attempt to work with it, but it could never be completed / created without the spiritual involvement of the advanced entities.
This is what he continues to tell me .

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Question 2: They know that he is close. Not sure if they all know that I communicate regularly with him. But they do know I communicate. I would say I have one in-law that is not comfortable with what I do. So I just don't discuss things when they are around.
Question 3: I do not bring out my pendulum at holidays unless someone asks. Mikey is in-tuned to family matters and my personal life.
Question 4: Mikey does not get too involved. It is our individual journey here. But he does give support and guidance at times.
Question 5: No, at least not the more detailed ones. I do have a group of friends that meet with me regularly that ask specific questions like folks do here. But my family really doesn't, but they truly are supportive of me. (Joey has great interest and is constantly after me about getting out more and speaking, etc. like I was doing before. He feels the information in the book is very important for people. ) Actually, I would say I have many friends now that are very open minded and love to talk about it. What is interesting is that over the past 2 years, I have met many folks that are into this type of thing. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening to me. My support system with this is really growing! And I like that! :) They don't think I'm crazy!
Carol
thank you for all that, Carol - It was very interesting and illuminating to hear how all your 'stuff' works out for you in 'real life'. :)

mac

Administrator
Question 1: Mikey tells me correct. But, understand they draw into this dimension to be able to complete it according to Mikey.
Question 2: Mikey tells me human hands could touch it and attempt to work with it, but it could never be completed / created without the spiritual involvement of the advanced entities.
thanks to both, you guys :) That's pretty darned specific and exactly what I'd been hoping for. :)

mac

Administrator
It's also interesting that those guys were somehow involved in those constructions. The details of how would be even more interesting....but I'm not asking Mikey to provide those! :D I'm guessing it was a long time ago when our friends unseen were experimenting with our physical dimension, seeing what they could do to 'wow the natives' and to baffle generations deep into a future that was then still to come.

Mike_J_Collie

Occasional Contributor
Hi Mike J Collie,
There are a few personal questions here that I (Carol) feel uncomfortable answering on a public forum.
So if it is OK, I will put a general overview of what Mikey has said .
Mikey, his dad, brother and I are all from the same soul group. (Understand we are not necessarily of the same level. Soul groups can vary according to Mikey in regards to our spiritual progression.) I am told by Mikey that we have been together numerous times here on earth. We have all taken on various roles. (Not always connected as a family unit.) We were all part of this present plan. It was a collective decision apparently. ( I, Carol, cannot imagine agreeing to this by the way!) Mikey tells me that him and I (Carol) were going to be the initial communicators. The goal is to teach about the importance of love, positive ways, and the purpose of life on earth. To help people understand that there is life beyond here. That we will see our loved ones again and our connections truly never end. Life is eternal.
Mikey tells me he is very attached to his immediate family and other certain family and friends. Yes, there will be a party / celebration upon our return. (I want a 70's and 80's party with a disco ball!) Mikey tells me he is sure we will take "time" (though there is no time there) to reconnect and enjoy each other's company. We will be able to "feel" each other again. A hug there is far better than here so Mikey says! I can't even imagine..... :)

Thank you Carol & Mikey your the best!

pirimir

Occasional Contributor
Clarification to the question. Occultism teaches that the human soul consists of 7 subtle bodies. Is this true?

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hey guys! This is a chicken-or-the-egg type of question. :);)

We all know how babies are made and what comes before but what I'm wondering about are the logistics of the procreation business from the spirit-side of the equation.

We know we're spirits experiencing a physical existence and each individual spirit has to begin its incarnation somehow. But which comes first, Mikey?

question 1. Does conception take place only when an animating spirit commits to undertaking an incarnate life?

or

question 2. Does an animating spirit have to be found / assigned after conception has taken place if there is no spirit waiting to undertake the role of animating the new life to be?

question 3. If the answer to 2. above is 'yes' would it be the case that an immature foetus would not continue to grow in its mother if a suitable match of spirit to body could not be achieved? question 3a. Is that one reason why early miscarriage may occur?

question 4. If all those scenarios are bogus, in exactly what way are spirits and bodies 'matched' to one another?
Hi Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me that is correct. The soul commits to the undertaking of the incarnate life: then conception occurs.
Question 2: No, according to Mikey.
Question 3: Mikey tells me there can be more than one reason for an early miscarriage. But generally, the soul doesn't feel ready to take on that life journey in the physical at that time.
Question 4: Mikey tells me we actually choose our parents and family before we come here. (He talks about this in the book .) We basically "discuss" our life journeys and what we generally want to accomplish before we come here in the physical. Our guides help us with all of this as well according to Mikey.

Hello again Carol, Mikey and Mac, hope all you guys are enjoying winter and growing from all that is happening here on planet Earth. I'm happy to be talking with you all again! :)

My question tonight is...I know Earth and human life is all here for us to grow in our capacity to love. If I'm correct, this seems to be more about internal spiritual expansion than anything material we can do here.

But, I'm wondering if the things we do materially that are from the heart and for someone else's benefit while here on Earth have any bearing on our afterlives. For example, if we give money or food or material items to people who are in crisis and serious need, or a place to stay to someone who really needs it, does that impact our spiritual account? Is it the same affect as being a good friend or being kind or turning the other cheek to an enemy?

Thank you!

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me that is correct. The soul commits to the undertaking of the incarnate life: then conception occurs.
Question 3: Mikey tells me there can be more than one reason for an early miscarriage. But generally, the soul doesn't feel ready to take on that life journey in the physical at that time.
Question 4: Mikey tells me we actually choose our parents and family before we come here. (He talks about this in the book .) We basically "discuss" our life journeys and what we generally want to accomplish before we come here in the physical. Our guides help us with all of this as well according to Mikey.
thanks, Mikey and thank you too, Carol - I've had a lot of your attention recently but I hope readers and contributors have enjoyed your guidance on some very-different topics. I'll let someone else have your time but may I please make a couple of points and ask just one more question before I sign off?

My questions were largely rhetorical but I needed to be sure I'd got things right for another scenario - thanks for confirming. Question 4. was one intended to probe the situation concerning families. Some are horribly dysfunctional, with violence and abuse inflicted on children by one or both parents to degrees that beggar belief.

Mikey I've read and accept the principle of our choosing our parents and family, an issue I learned about decades back from other teachers and guides as well as more recently from yourself. I think I'm right in thinking that as soul-cell members we will undertake different roles and relationships with one another over various incarnations.

My final questions, then, go as follows:

question 1. Is it always the case that all members of an earth/incarnate family group - close or distant, direct family, family by marriage or by informal association etc. - are still players in the same soul-cell?
I realise cells can comprise a large numbers of individuals but:

question 1a. Might or do such relationships also come about between individuals not from the same cell?

question 2. Is violence and abuse in a family always perpetrated on and by players from the same soul-cell? or

question 2a. Is some of that down to non soul-cell players? Put more simply are the situations of violence or abuse sometimes or always down to there not being a soul-cell relationship between perpetrator and victim?

question 3. Do or might we deliberately associate with other soul-cells primarily/expressly for the purpose of undertaking relationships that would be too spiritually/emotionally demanding for players from the same soul-cell to be involved in?

Last edited:

mac

Administrator
Hello again Carol, Mikey and Mac, hope all you guys are enjoying winter and growing from all that is happening here on planet Earth. I'm happy to be talking with you all again! :)

My question tonight is...I know Earth and human life is all here for us to grow in our capacity to love. If I'm correct, this seems to be more about internal spiritual expansion than anything material we can do here.

But, I'm wondering if the things we do materially that are from the heart and for someone else's benefit while here on Earth have any bearing on our afterlives. For example, if we give money or food or material items to people who are in crisis and serious need, or a place to stay to someone who really needs it, does that impact our spiritual account? Is it the same affect as being a good friend or being kind or turning the other cheek to an enemy?

Thank you!

As always Mikey will answer in due course but my response to your last two questions is that I expect Mikey will say that it's intent that counts. When we give - in whatever way we give - because we want to help then in turn that aids our spiritual progress.

Turning the other cheek to an enemy is not quite the same situation and I'm gonna leave that one to Mikey - it's above my pay grade. ;)

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,

I couldn't resist making a small point or two.... ;)

With the necessity of a soul needing to be invested before conception takes place it begs the question could the overseer(s) of our world influence or restrict the widely-expected, seemingly-inexorable, global population increase to 9 billion by 2050, a situation often considered undesirable by the folk already in this world?

Or will there simply be insufficient souls to animate another one and a half billion additional incarnates?

Or might it be there are so many wannabe incarnates - first timers and returners alike - that there will always be willing souls ready to commit to any conception anywhere?

Makes yuh wonder, huh? ;):(

Kurt

Major Contributor
Hello Mikey and Carol, I have some more questions for you.

I know you have talked about there not being marriage and divorce, and we are genderless.. but is there sex? Is sex and orgasms only an earthly pleasure? Do souls miss that type of physical act?
If there is no sex, is there anything in the afterlife that gives you the same type of feeling? (Hopefully this isn't too awkward for mom/son to talk about lol :p)

On that same notion, is there romance? Dates? Kissing? Boyfriends/Girlfriends? anything like that?

Yeah Im with you on this. I dont think we have "no gender" or meaningful relationships after this.

Want proof? Look at how meaningful and intense michels love for Monika is. Surely there must be love and marriage in the afterlife. And if there is love and marriage, there must be more than one gender involved.

Unless of course it's 1984.. and truth gets you headed to the thought gulag.... Oh wait... :D

Edit... I noticed after posting this that i was about 12-15 pages behind so I hope this blast from the past.... Hopefully instead of this being a slight annoyance it can be slightly entertaining.

Beyond that, Ill keep it up since it still contributes. If a mod decides to thread it i understand.

Last edited:

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts

Thank you!
Hi Marise,
Mikey tells me whatever is from the heart, with good intent, we are helping ourselves spiritually. Being a good friend and being kind is a very good thing as well from Mikey's viewpoint. Regarding turning the other cheek, Mikey wants us to know that forgiveness is for us. Sometimes the other individual doesn't even care. It is letting go of the negative emotion of what bothers you / us with the action that is so important. It doesn't mean you have to agree or like what happened. It is letting go of the negativity associated with the situation that helps us stay on a positive course with our spiritual growth from Mikey's perspective. :) Hope this makes sense!

Hi Marise,
Mikey tells me whatever is from the heart, with good intent, we are helping ourselves spiritually. Being a good friend and being kind is a very good thing as well from Mikey's viewpoint. Regarding turning the other cheek, Mikey wants us to know that forgiveness is for us. Sometimes the other individual doesn't even care. It is letting go of the negative emotion of what bothers you / us with the action that is so important. It doesn't mean you have to agree or like what happened. It is letting go of the negativity associated with the situation that helps us stay on a positive course with our spiritual growth from Mikey's perspective. :) Hope this makes sense!

Hey you guys! Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm glad to know this!

Onward with the good deeds and love...

Take care!

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
thanks, Mikey and thank you too, Carol - I've had a lot of your attention recently but I hope readers and contributors have enjoyed your guidance on some very-different topics. I'll let someone else have your time but may I please make a couple of points and ask just one more question before I sign off?

My questions were largely rhetorical but I needed to be sure I'd got things right for another scenario - thanks for confirming. Question 4. was one intended to probe the situation concerning families. Some are horribly dysfunctional, with violence and abuse inflicted on children by one or both parents to degrees that beggar belief.

Mikey I've read and accept the principle of our choosing our parents and family, an issue I learned about decades back from other teachers and guides as well as more recently from yourself. I think I'm right in thinking that as soul-cell members we will undertake different roles and relationships with one another over various incarnations.

My final questions, then, go as follows:

question 1. Is it always the case that all members of an earth/incarnate family group - close or distant, direct family, family by marriage or by informal association etc. - are still players in the same soul-cell?
I realise cells can comprise a large numbers of individuals but:

question 1a. Might or do such relationships also come about between individuals not from the same cell?

question 2. Is violence and abuse in a family always perpetrated on and by players from the same soul-cell? or

question 2a. Is some of that down to non soul-cell players? Put more simply are the situations of violence or abuse sometimes or always down to there not being a soul-cell relationship between perpetrator and victim?

question 3. Do or might we deliberately associate with other soul-cells primarily/expressly for the purpose of undertaking relationships that would be too spiritually/emotionally demanding for players from the same soul-cell to be involved in?
Hi Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me no, it is not always members from the same soul group. Sometimes we mix we other soul groups to try to achieve the experiences we feel we need. (He talks about this in the book.)
1a: yes according to Mikey
2a: Sometimes according to Mikey. Also there can be a karmic component between those souls. (Other factors can play in from Mikey's viewpoint.)
Question 3: Yes according to Mikey.

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me no, it is not always members from the same soul group. Sometimes we mix we other soul groups to try to achieve the experiences we feel we need. (He talks about this in the book.)
1a: yes according to Mikey
2a: Sometimes according to Mikey. Also there can be a karmic component between those souls. (Other factors can play in from Mikey's viewpoint.)
Question 3: Yes according to Mikey.
thanks to you both, Carol and Mikey :)

Great answers with much to contemplate concerning how this stuff works - and why it does in the way it does. I remembered you told us in the book, Mikey, about the issues in 1. above but wanted to be clear in my mind. (I still haven't found my copy of Flying High!)

The other aspects are new for me and very interesting, especially as they help paint more of 'the big picture'. I'm under no illusion, though, that there will be much I have to wait to see but I'm heading steadily towards that time. :)

baob

Hi Carol & Mikey,

I recently read Michael Prescott's Blog about the discussion of reincarnation. He thinks that reincarnation means we (the under souls) are the leaves of the tree (the oversoul or helf self). Different undersoul incarnates in earlthy life at different times to contribute to the total consciousness instead of one single soul lives many lives. Is his understanding correct?

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi Carol & Mikey,

I recently read Michael Prescott's Blog about the discussion of reincarnation. He thinks that reincarnation means we (the under souls) are the leaves of the tree (the oversoul or helf self). Different undersoul incarnates in earlthy life at different times to contribute to the total consciousness instead of one single soul lives many lives. Is his understanding correct?
Hi Baob,
Not quite sure what he means here. All that I know (or what Mikey tells me anyway), is that we are souls here on our individual journeys working together to progress ourselves spiritually by the experiences we have and the choices we make. Love and kindness is what it is all about really! :)

baob

Hi Baob,
Not quite sure what he means here. All that I know (or what Mikey tells me anyway), is that we are souls here on our individual journeys working together to progress ourselves spiritually by the experiences we have and the choices we make. Love and kindness is what it is all about really! :)
Thanks, Carol & Mikey!

Krissyliz

Occasional Contributor
Im bringing up something that you answered in the past. I thought I understood but now seem confused again. You said that if you were to incarnate right now you would have to incarnate into this present timeline, you could not for example, incarnate into the roman times. I have come to understand that all of our many many lives are happening all at one, we only see time in a line when there really is no time. Its all happening at once. Please correct me if that is not correct. But if there is no time and it is all happening at once, why cant you incarnate into the past? there is no past if there is no time. Im only perceiving this timeline that im aware of but im also in other "timelines" too right now, am I not? Or is this a concept that is too advanced for my brain here to fully grasp? I hope you understand what I am asking. Thanks!

mac

Administrator
Im bringing up something that you answered in the past. I thought I understood but now seem confused again. You said that if you were to incarnate right now you would have to incarnate into this present timeline, you could not for example, incarnate into the roman times. I have come to understand that all of our many many lives are happening all at one, we only see time in a line when there really is no time. Its all happening at once. Please correct me if that is not correct. But if there is no time and it is all happening at once, why cant you incarnate into the past? there is no past if there is no time. Im only perceiving this timeline that im aware of but im also in other "timelines" too right now, am I not? Or is this a concept that is too advanced for my brain here to fully grasp? I hope you understand what I am asking. Thanks!

It's also too complex for me to follow, Kl. I've concluded that either the subject is insufficiently well illustrated and explained or I'm just dumb - or both! I doubt, though, it's only the two of us who struggle to comprehend the principle of past, present and future events all occurring at the same time. o_O

Kurt

Major Contributor

A few years back I asked Roberta and she said that we can reincarnate into the past. That certain times are better suited for what the goal of your lifetime is.

mac

Administrator
A few years back I asked Roberta and she said that we can reincarnate into the past. That certain times are better suited for what the goal of your lifetime is.

I'd like to read the full conversation, Kurt, as what you've said here is somewhat different from what we've heard recently elsewhere. Do you know when - could you find it for us?

Last edited:

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Carol

It's nice you have a group who understand and ask questions, Carol. I expect meeting others is something being orchestrated behind the scenes. I know you are resistant/uncomfortable when I refer to you as a medium but you are, Carol. With the support you have from your group and family would you feel comfortable seeing if you could 'read' for any of them?

I have no idea if that's practicable or whether you could allow yourself to give it a try with Mikey working as 'doorkeeper', helping and supporting those wishing to show their survival to loved ones. It would be quite the difference but perhaps where you might be heading next. Mikey will, of course, know what's planned or possible so if you haven't discussed it before you might ask him now..... ;)

mac

Administrator
Clarification to the question. Occultism teaches that the human soul consists of 7 subtle bodies. Is this true?
Isn't it the case, pirimir, that occultism isn't really that relevant to the simple notion of survival? You ask widely-varying questions but have never said what your interest is - care to share?

Kurt

Major Contributor
I'd like to read the full conversation, Kurt, as what you've said here is somewhat different from what we've heard recently elsewhere. Do you know when - could you find it for us?

I believe it was one of my early posts. I'll go hunting for it.

pirimir

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the answers. Question:
1) You wrote that intention is more important than the action itself. The Aztecs believed that human sacrifice saved the world from death. Please tell me, in their case, the sacrifice did not reduce the vibration of the soul?

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi Krissyliz,
Mikey tells me when it comes to incarnating / reincarnating in THIS earthly dimension, we are under the rules and influences of time. Time gives sequence and order to events. When we come here, we are being born into that present "time period" according to Mikey. Can we experience a different time period from the past? Mikey tells me yes, but not in this dimension. He is talking about reincarnation in this dimension only. Understand there are infinite dimensions according to Mikey. (This is over my head too!) Hope this makes sense! :)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
It's nice you have a group who understand and ask questions, Carol. I expect meeting others is something being orchestrated behind the scenes. I know you are resistant/uncomfortable when I refer to you as a medium but you are, Carol. With the support you have from your group and family would you feel comfortable seeing if you could 'read' for any of them?

I have no idea if that's practicable or whether you could allow yourself to give it a try with Mikey working as 'doorkeeper', helping and supporting those wishing to show their survival to loved ones. It would be quite the difference but perhaps where you might be heading next. Mikey will, of course, know what's planned or possible so if you haven't discussed it before you might ask him now..... ;)
Hi Mac,
I have done this for family and friends . It has gone well. I know my purpose is to teach. That is my focus. I feel uncomfortable being paid to do readings, and I'm not interested in that. I don't have the time honestly. I find great personal reward in helping others in my profession and don't want to give that up. I will leave readings for others who have the ability. :)
I like helping others here to have a better understanding of things. I like to give hope! :)
Carol

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
I have done this for family and friends . It has gone well. I know my purpose is to teach. That is my focus. I feel uncomfortable being paid to do readings, and I'm not interested in that. I don't have the time honestly. I find great personal reward in helping others in my profession and don't want to give that up. I will leave readings for others who have the ability. :)
I like helping others here to have a better understanding of things. I like to give hope! :)
Carol
Hi Carol and thanks. I do understand. A medium's life can be very demanding on time and effort and your role is a different one. :)

Tim Salyer

Occasional Contributor
Hi Carol and Mikey,

I feel honored to have found this site and a place to ask you a question or two. As you have heard before through many who have posted here, your ability to communicate is quite remarkable, and the fact you take time to answer questions here is most humbling. So, thank you in advance.

1) When I read Mikey’s book, I felt that his “spiritual essence” (for lack of a better word) was carried with him to the other side. The snowboarding, the music, etc. and I felt that Mikey had found his true self early in life while on this earth life. Are there any attributes or qualities that Mickey was surprised to learn were also a part of his spirit essence once he reached the other side?

I ask this because I hope that I have other qualities and abilities that may not have “shown up” in this earthly life.

2) Like you, although reversed, and not nearly as tragic, I too am on the other side with my own Mother. I don’t feel we had the connection that you too had even though we had more than twice the amount of time here on this earth to develop a connection. I never felt understood in such a way that my Mother could fully embrace the real me. Setting that aside, I do feel her near when I ask for her to be. Can you offer an opinion if she “sees” the real me now, and when we meet again will that uncertainty we shared be washed away?

Thank you.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Thanks for the answers. Question:
1) You wrote that intention is more important than the action itself. The Aztecs believed that human sacrifice saved the world from death. Please tell me, in their case, the sacrifice did not reduce the vibration of the soul?
Hi Pirimir,
There are many examples of this type of "killing" over the decades here on earth. Think of all the wars too! But Mikey does say that soldiers, for example, are doing what that think and believe is right and good to protect others, their country, etc. The Aztecs believed what they were doing was right and good. Their intent (in these examples) as they saw it from their perspective, was doing this for the better of others. *Mikey tells me this is looked at very differently, from his spiritual viewpoint, than intentional murder to harm another, or groups of people etc. The leader of groups who order other people to kill others can be different again Mikey tells me. What is their intent / purpose of such action to tell others to kill?
There can be many factors that come into play when it comes to spiritual vibration in situations like this according to Mikey.
Having said that, Mikey continues to tell me that loving and caring ways, kindness, being positive in our ways in general with daily life is very important for our spiritual growth. :)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi Carol and Mikey,

I feel honored to have found this site and a place to ask you a question or two. As you have heard before through many who have posted here, your ability to communicate is quite remarkable, and the fact you take time to answer questions here is most humbling. So, thank you in advance.

1) When I read Mikey’s book, I felt that his “spiritual essence” (for lack of a better word) was carried with him to the other side. The snowboarding, the music, etc. and I felt that Mikey had found his true self early in life while on this earth life. Are there any attributes or qualities that Mickey was surprised to learn were also a part of his spirit essence once he reached the other side?

I ask this because I hope that I have other qualities and abilities that may not have “shown up” in this earthly life.

2) Like you, although reversed, and not nearly as tragic, I too am on the other side with my own Mother. I don’t feel we had the connection that you too had even though we had more than twice the amount of time here on this earth to develop a connection. I never felt understood in such a way that my Mother could fully embrace the real me. Setting that aside, I do feel her near when I ask for her to be. Can you offer an opinion if she “sees” the real me now, and when we meet again will that uncertainty we shared be washed away?

Thank you.
Hi Tim,
Mikey tells me he was surprised in the way he was using music here to give messages about the importance of peace and love; Unity, etc. He was really not aware that this was coming from his spiritual essence. Mikey tells me he feels he really grew into his true self the final year of his life here on earth.
Regarding your second question, Mikey tells me he feels confident that your mother knows the real you! Our connections never end. Mikey tells me they are in-tuned to our growth here. They watch over. Uncertainty is rare from Mikey's perspective. We have such a better understanding of everything that has happened when we return home according to Mikey. And that includes you and your mom! :)

mac

Administrator
I'd like to pick up on a similar theme and hope my question hasn't already been answered....

We've been told we meet up most nights with our spirit helpers, presumably to review the situation and maybe 'fine-tune' future plans to try to achieve the goals we set ourselves before our current incarnation.

question - Mikey do we also meet up some, most, or every night with our loved ones 'your side' of the divide or is it rare to meet up during sleep with anyone other than our spiritual helpers and guides?

jobun

Occasional Contributor

hi mac, when I read this regarding Stonehenge, my first thought was that at one time weren't there Giants living on this planet? could the structures such as Stonehenge have been constructed by the giants, who would probably have the strength and capacity to lift the large stones and place them in the order in which they are in?

jobun

Occasional Contributor
For Carol - you said that when you pass over, Joey will be your communicator. I assume he's aware of that. Does that mean he can also communicate directly with Mikey, similarly to what you do, or what ever style is his? Could someone ask him to communicate with Mikey and receive an answer in a similar way that you do? I may not be asking this question correctly.

mac

Administrator
hi mac, when I read this regarding Stonehenge, my first thought was that at one time weren't there Giants living on this planet? could the structures such as Stonehenge have been constructed by the giants, who would probably have the strength and capacity to lift the large stones and place them in the order in which they are in?
I don't know of any evidence to back up the claims that giants lived on our earth, jobun. Without evidence it's just one more idea. Mikey gave his explanation a few postings back about how those structures came into being.

It's for the individual to decide which version appeals most to her/his reason.

Ruby

Significant Contributor
There's a castle being built in France over many years using medieval construction methods. It's an amazing place to visit.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
I'd like to pick up on a similar theme and hope my question hasn't already been answered....

We've been told we meet up most nights with our spirit helpers, presumably to review the situation and maybe 'fine-tune' future plans to try to achieve the goals we set ourselves before our current incarnation.

question - Mikey do we also meet up some, most, or every night with our loved ones 'your side' of the divide or is it rare to meet up during sleep with anyone other than our spiritual helpers and guides?
Hi Mac,
This question has not been asked before. Mikey tells me we meet up "some" with our loved ones (as we know them from here), but more with our guides / spirit helpers (though they really are some of our loved ones too according to Mikey!) :)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
For Carol - you said that when you pass over, Joey will be your communicator. I assume he's aware of that. Does that mean he can also communicate directly with Mikey, similarly to what you do, or what ever style is his? Could someone ask him to communicate with Mikey and receive an answer in a similar way that you do? I may not be asking this question correctly.
Hi Joban,
When this all started, Joey was a bit young. And it seemed a bit crazy to me with everything that was happening. (Mikey told me this is what would occur after I left the planet.) I did mention it to Joey once, with him smiling about it. Really don't think he understood what I meant. He does not, at this point, communicate with Mikey like I do. Now he is older and wiser. I'm glad you brought this up actually. I am going to address this when he is home for Christmas. He lives in a different state than I, but we are very close. He is huge about Mikey's message. I will keep you posted.
Carol

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
This question has not been asked before. Mikey tells me we meet up "some" with our loved ones (as we know them from here), but more with our guides / spirit helpers (though they really are some of our loved ones too according to Mikey!) :)
thanks to both of you :)

This was a question for me, guys. I understand that we'll know our loved ones even though they may look different - younger for example - but

question: What, please Mikey, of our child who passed at birth and has grown to maturity without my wife and I having seen him in the body since he was a baby? :(

question: Will we have seen / met up with him during sleep at some time in the past 35 years?

mac

Administrator
Hi Joban,
When this all started, Joey was a bit young. And it seemed a bit crazy to me with everything that was happening. (Mikey told me this is what would occur after I left the planet.) I did mention it to Joey once, with him smiling about it. Really don't think he understood what I meant. He does not, at this point, communicate with Mikey like I do. Now he is older and wiser. I'm glad you brought this up actually. I am going to address this when he is home for Christmas. He lives in a different state than I, but we are very close. He is huge about Mikey's message. I will keep you posted.
Carol

I'm pleased jobun raised this question, Carol. I wanted to ask myself but was a little cautious about asking about family stuff and have anyway been hogging yours and Mikey's time recently.

Thanks for letting us know what's planned to happen - even though I won't be around by then to see it happen - at least from this side of the divide - maybe from the other side though...... ;) If I still remember and if I can find you all.....

Storybud68

Hi carol.can you ask mikey what would happen your connection to him with the pendulum if he was to reincarnate back to earth?

Storybud68

It is hard to believe Stonehenge and other great structures where somehow helped by some un seen force from spirit, I've seen several documentaries on this,and it seems over a very long period of time with many many men working these where built just purlley physically by humans.

mac

Administrator
It is hard to believe Stonehenge and other great structures where somehow helped by some un seen force from spirit, I've seen several documentaries on this,and it seems over a very long period of time with many many men working these where built just purlley physically by humans.

In situations like these, David, we each have to decide whose explanation most appeals to our reason - if any of them do.

mac

Administrator
True mac,but I would like to think mikey was right, my logical side just cant grasp it though.

It's tough when logic comes up against spiritual guidance. Think on though, David, that such anomalies probably aren't really that important anyway. The simplest of notions are what matter most in my view.

Storybud68

Strangest thing just happened mac I was listening to a song by ray stevns called everything is beautiful and your mail came through at the same time,the song simplifies heaven and god,and I haven't heard the song in years, strange the way things happen,but thank you.David

mac

Administrator
Strangest thing just happened mac I was listening to a song by ray stevns called everything is beautiful and your mail came through at the same time,the song simplifies heaven and god,and I haven't heard the song in years, strange the way things happen,but thank you.David
I'm glad things worked out so unexectedly, David. :)
A coincidence? Some say there is no such thing....Who knows? ;)

genewardsmith

I don't know of any evidence to back up the claims that giants lived on our earth, jobun. Without evidence it's just one more idea. Mikey gave his explanation a few postings back about how those structures came into being.

It's for the individual to decide which version appeals most to her/his reason.

It's in the Bible, but not a thing known to science.

Storybud68

Hi again,
Mac, Not sure why I put God in inverted commas. Mikey meant God, The Source. Sorry about that.
1: Mikey again answers this the same way. To create wonder. To show the power and incredible ability of conscious energy/ of God / The Source. To make us think.
2: Mikey wonders what we think about the oceans and the incredible power they have? What about the majestic mountains or waterfalls of the world? The perfect crop circles that appear? It's to show us the incredible ability of God. Do we see it that way? Many don't . We take it for granted.
But if you open up, and find that understanding, Mikey tells me our journey becomes easier to undertake and we find peace and contentment in life. We have nothing to fear. There is something far greater than we can imagine from Mikey's viewpoint.
3: Mikey tells me God is always at work. Just need to look around! :) Don't take anything big or small within nature for granted. :)
Hi carol I just want to back up macs questions on these answers,I find ut difficult t believe God created physical structures like the pyramids etc,I can understand God influencing nature,mountains etc,I mean is it possible mikey could be wrong about this?also as a spirit can mikey be wrong on certain things just like us humans?

baob

Hi Carol & Mikey,

If a person ends his life because his loved one passed. Silver Birch said, "It will also have the effect of causing you to be separated from the ones you love, for you will have made a gulf." That means the person suicided can't meet his loved one in the afterlife. This is debatable. What do you think? Thanks!

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
If that's true, it seems like a complete waste of time since we aren't able to remember anything that was said.
Hi Lola,
Apparently it is not a waste of time, so I'm told. Mikey tells me it is certainly in our subconscious mind . We may not remember, but it is there. :)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
thanks to both of you :)

This was a question for me, guys. I understand that we'll know our loved ones even though they may look different - younger for example - but

question: What, please Mikey, of our child who passed at birth and has grown to maturity without my wife and I having seen him in the body since he was a baby? :(

question: Will we have seen / met up with him during sleep at some time in the past 35 years?
Hi Mac,
Mikey tells me you will know him. It has to do with our spiritual energy connection. Has he "grown up"? Mikey says you are thinking in human physical terms because we as souls don't "grow up". We are who we are! We know each other by our loving energy. :) Mikey tells me how we choose to present ourselves to a loved one is by how we resonate with our energy.
Mikey does not know for sure if you have met up in your sleep, but dreams alone can be very interactive with others in spirit depending how we travel. :)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi carol.can you ask mikey what would happen your connection to him with the pendulum if he was to reincarnate back to earth?
I am told he is not coming back. Mikey has said this from the very beginning. So it won't be an issue. Mikey said if for some reason he did return, he would not do that while I was still here on earth anyway.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi Carol & Mikey,

If a person ends his life because his loved one passed. Silver Birch said, "It will also have the effect of causing you to be separated from the ones you love, for you will have made a gulf." That means the person suicided can't meet his loved one in the afterlife. This is debatable. What do you think? Thanks!
Hi Baob,
Mikey continues to tell me we need to respect life . We are to seek help the best we can with depression / grief issues. When we take our life, much teaching and guidance comes into play in the afterlife when we return according to Mikey. The heartache we leave behind with loved ones still here can be felt. Much healing and guidance is involved. Does this mean that individual will not see their loved ones? Mikey tells me "no". But the process of us being more involved with them is "put on hold" for lack of a better way to put it, so that the individual can work through their issues with their guides / teachers according to Mikey.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi carol I just want to back up macs questions on these answers,I find ut difficult t believe God created physical structures like the pyramids etc,I can understand God influencing nature,mountains etc,I mean is it possible mikey could be wrong about this?also as a spirit can mikey be wrong on certain things just like us humans?
Mikey is not all knowing as he tells me he is not One with the Source. Only then are we "all knowing" from his viewpoint. However, Mikey is not changing on his answer.
(Honestly, believe what feels right to you. This is Carol. :) I obviously have no idea! He answered this in 2 questions by Mac some pages back .)
Check out the different crop circles there have been . Curious on your thoughts about them. Mikey will give a similar response to this as well. This was discussed a few years ago. :)
Carol

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Mikey tells me you will know him. It has to do with our spiritual energy connection. Has he "grown up"? Mikey says you are thinking in human physical terms because we as souls don't "grow up". We are who we are! We know each other by our loving energy. :) Mikey tells me how we choose to present ourselves to a loved one is by how we resonate with our energy.
Mikey does not know for sure if you have met up in your sleep, but dreams alone can be very interactive with others in spirit depending how we travel. :)
thanks to both of you, guys :)

Although this is a personal issue it's one which has 'carry over' because it may impact what I tell others. I'll outline my thoughts here in case it's of any help to readers. I'm starting to say "readers" now because so few are actual contributors here. I'm left just hoping we do actually have readers! :(

The field of neo-natal death is one close to me and I've done my best to offer accurate help to others similarly affected. I did already know we'll recognise our son and I did know that he likely didn't grow up from baby to child to adult unless there was a particular need for him to experience that process. So our son will likely be more spiritually-evolved than his parents (?) and I get that but I would likely still find myself telling a white-lie to spare the feelings of a mother or father who wanted to know about their child. They might be OK with the truth straight off the bat but I'd tread warily - it's taken me some years to reach that degree of understanding and acceptance. Telling them their 'lost' baby or child is being taken care of and will 'grow up' in spirit with carers and family looking after them is the least demanding on their emotions - even though we know it is likely not the case.

As for meeting up in dreams I can handle the situation but it's my wife I'm concerned for. How he'll appear to her is very important but - of course - he'll already know that so I don't really need to feel concerned, do I? ;)

mac

Administrator
Hi Baob,
Mikey continues to tell me we need to respect life . We are to seek help the best we can with depression / grief issues. When we take our life, much teaching and guidance comes into play in the afterlife when we return according to Mikey. The heartache we leave behind with loved ones still here can be felt. Much healing and guidance is involved. Does this mean that individual will not see their loved ones? Mikey tells me "no". But the process of us being more involved with them is "put on hold" for lack of a better way to put it, so that the individual can work through their issues with their guides / teachers according to Mikey.

A general observation, not aimed at Mikey.

It's never for us to pass judgment on those who end their lives but all too often folk are hearing the message that it shouldn't happen - as if they would have been able to have prevented it! Then they may hear suicides don't get to meet up with their families as if it's punishment. Vagueness about what happens after suicide does not help anyone trying to deal with such a devastating event. Those who have lost loved ones to suicide deserve accurate information and guidance about their genuine and understandable anxieties else it might be better to say nothing at all.

mac

Administrator
Check out the different crop circles there have been . Curious on your thoughts about them. Mikey will give a similar response to this as well. This was discussed a few years ago. :)
Carol

I don't know how David views crop circles et al but he may feel that none of the explanations put forward are persuasive. I really can't see their value when many/most folk appear to believe they're caused by aliens, Ley Lines, natural-terrestrial or mystical/magical forces. Whether they'd accept the explanation Mikey offered in preference is anyone's guess. :) These mysteries may be as hard for folk to fathom as survival and afterlife.

Storybud68

Hi mac ,my view on crop circles would be similar to Stonehenge etc ,I saw a documentary once showing two men in Devon makn g them quite easily ,and it was done over night so they weren't spotted, they used Tilly lamps and boards for flattening the grass ,corn etc.this doesn't mean of course there all made this way

Lola Hoovler

Mikey's answer to suicide makes perfect sense. It is totally understandable why interactions with loved ones etc. would need to be delayed while they worked out their issues with guides etc. If they didn't have serious issues, they wouldn't have taken their lives in the first place. This isn't meant to penalize them; it is merely a period of adjustment and learning about themselves.

baob

Hi Baob,
It makes sense. Thanks, Carol & Mikey! Merry Christmas!

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Mikey's answer to suicide makes perfect sense. It is totally understandable why interactions with loved ones etc. would need to be delayed while they worked out their issues with guides etc. If they didn't have serious issues, they wouldn't have taken their lives in the first place. This isn't meant to penalize them; it is merely a period of adjustment and learning about themselves.
Yep! You are absolutely correct from Mikey's viewpoint!

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
As for meeting up in dreams I can handle the situation but it's my wife I'm concerned for. How he'll appear to her is very important but - of course - he'll already know that so I don't really need to feel concerned, do I? ;)
No, you don't have to be concerned according to Mikey. Both of you will know him from Mikey's viewpoint! Will be quite the reunion..:)

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
I don't know how David views crop circles et al but he may feel that none of the explanations put forward are persuasive. I really can't see their value when many/most folk appear to believe they're caused by aliens, Ley Lines, natural-terrestrial or mystical/magical forces. Whether they'd accept the explanation Mikey offered in preference is anyone's guess. :) These mysteries may be as hard for folk to fathom as survival and afterlife.
You are correct! I probably shouldn't have brought that up. :)
Carol

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
A general observation, not aimed at Mikey.

It's never for us to pass judgment on those who end their lives but all too often folk are hearing the message that it shouldn't happen - as if they would have been able to have prevented it! Then they may hear suicides don't get to meet up with their families as if it's punishment. Vagueness about what happens after suicide does not help anyone trying to deal with such a devastating event. Those who have lost loved ones to suicide deserve accurate information and guidance about their genuine and understandable anxieties else it might be better to say nothing at all.
I agree. Really, mental illness is no different than physical illness. (The brain has an illness.)Sometimes treatment doesn't work. There really needs to be more education on this with society. I know many are trying!
Carol

jobun

Occasional Contributor
Hi Carol.

Is Mikey considered a guardian angel or a spirit guide? does he do work with other beings here on Earth as a guardian angel or spirit guide? They say everyone has at least one. Would he be your spirit guide or guardian?

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
Hi Carol.

Is Mikey considered a guardian angel or a spirit guide? does he do work with other beings here on Earth as a guardian angel or spirit guide? They say everyone has at least one. Would he be your spirit guide or guardian?
Hi Joban,
Mikey is now one of my spirit guides so I am told. After he passed, he joined the other two I had to guide me on my journey here. He is not a spirit guide to others here.
At least this is what Mikey tells me.

Storybud68

Hi carol I want to ask mikey does the afterlife seem as real as here on earth?its hard to imagine what it's like there .

mac

Administrator
Hi carol I want to ask mikey does the afterlife seem as real as here on earth?its hard to imagine what it's like there .
Mikey will answer in due course as always but I think you'll find, David, he's already let us know that living in the so-called afterlife is every bit as 'real' as life in this dimension is.

I do agree it can be hard to imagine what Mikey and many other discarnate communicators have consistently described in detail about how things are for them. It is similar to how things likely were when centuries ago explorers related stories about what they had discovered in far off lands. Other than for their sponsors - often kings and queens - details would emerge in dribs and drabs, probably embellished and distorted as accounts passed from one person to another. The truth would be in there but overlaid by others' imagining - picturing in their minds - what they had heard about.

By contrast with those times it is our great good fortune to have contemporary accounts of what happens in the world before and after the one we're in right now. We can discuss the situation even in real time with others in different parts of the country and even in different parts of the world. That ability would have been equally hard to imagine by folk just a few generations ago.

Might those a few generations in the future be able to do things that we, today, can scarcely imagine? ;):)

Lola Hoovler

Good answer, Mac. I have never heard of even one researcher say that there is anything "wispy" about the afterlife. Everyone has always said that it is every bit as real as we experience here - in fact, some say it feels even more real than physical reality.

mac

Administrator
I agree. Really, mental illness is no different than physical illness. (The brain has an illness.)Sometimes treatment doesn't work. There really needs to be more education on this with society. I know many are trying!
Carol
The significant difference though Carol, is that illness of most parts of the body manifests very differently from illness of the brain. The latter impacts one's mental/emotional wellness, perhaps one's psychical wellness, often leaving the sufferer struggling to deal with life in ways that physical body illness alone would not, or where established medical interventions can pretty well treat these physical afflictions.

I apologise because I know you understand all that and I realise I've over-simplified the situations but it does seem there's a very long way to go in finding effective ways of treating mental illness.

Carol and Mikey

Golden Hearts
The significant difference though Carol, is that illness of most parts of the body manifests very differently from illness of the brain. The latter impacts one's mental/emotional wellness, perhaps one's psychical wellness, often leaving the sufferer struggling to deal with life in ways that physical body illness alone would not, or where established medical interventions can pretty well treat these physical afflictions.

I apologise because I know you understand all that and I realise I've over-simplified the situations but it does seem there's a very long way to go in finding effective ways of treating mental illness.
I can honestly say that with what I have experienced in my profession, mental illness can be a whole lot tougher for folks to deal with than a physical illness. And you are right, that they don't often have the ability to cope as well which further affects things. When an individual who has mental illness also has a physical illness, special care is very needed. Can be quite difficult.
Carol

mac

Administrator
I can honestly say that with what I have experienced in my profession, mental illness can be a whole lot tougher for folks to deal with than a physical illness. And you are right, that they don't often have the ability to cope as well which further affects things. When an individual who has mental illness also has a physical illness, special care is very needed. Can be quite difficult.
Carol

And the situation of dementia sufferers needing medical intervention for their physical ailments - but distressed and/or resistant to help because they no longer understand what's happening and are fearful and aggressive - is one that our society will face increasingly as more and more old farts like myself survive well past 'three score years and ten'.

In Baptista's book extracts posted nearby it's communicated that earth-life wannabes are increasingly looking to these formerly less-common conditions - along with suicide - to explore different spiritual aspects of death from these causes. That's an interesting comment.

Lola Hoovler

Yes, and it's long overdue. I'm so glad that these less common conditions are being recognized more instead of being almost ignored. I think this will give us a much broader perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.