1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Operator, I Need Directory Assistance

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Types With Fingers, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers Active Member

I have some every now and then :)

2. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Guest

I would prefer that there wasn't a dislike button on the grounds that this could be abused to vent personal frustration at an individual or used even as a judgemental tool just because someone doesn't like a member's personal perspective or point of view. In regards like/thank you buttons, would this be really necessary as you could just post an appreciation response. Would voting buttons really streamline communication? I'm not convinced this would be the case. If a post is found to be offensive or inflammatory, then there is a report post button. Just because some members might not appreciate a particular post or thread, there may well be other members that do appreciate the same posting. I enjoy reading different points of views and perspectives without the pressure of falling into like/dislike camps which I've seen on other websites.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  3. Sometimes I've noticed a person makes a post and I like it, but I dont want to just say "I agree" so I don't say anything. But then later, the poster will make some comment indicating that they felt their post was ignored. So a like button would let people know their contribution was appreciated even if there was nothing to add.

I think a dislike button is a bad idea, though. In this instance I don't see any need for balance. If I disagree with you, I'll explain myself, or I'll just be quiet. I don't need a "nope" button. :)

4. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

I prefer no buttons. If Roberta decides to add that feature, it's fine, but I dislike "Like", "Dislike", "Thumb up", "Thumb down", etc. buttons. Don't really think buttons add much and their use/abuse may actually result in not-so-positive results, depending on the individuals. Jmho :)

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Perhaps best just to stick to the tried-and-tested format - no 'Like' button and no 'Dislike' button.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you for listening! I have a phenomenal amount of fun making friends with all these amazing people. I don't know whether anyone would want a place to discuss the podcasts - and most people seem to be just listening randomly - but if someone ever thinks it's a good idea, of course we can have such a thread. Big hug to you, dear Types With Fingers - you have been a wonderful addition here!

7. Waller

Waller Banned

Roberta has the unique talent of attracting the most powerful, entertaining and provocative guests.

lol

8. Types With Fingers

Aw, thank you Roberta, my spiritual journey has been far more... rickety, in recent weeks, than I would have liked... I'm glad I'm making a positive impression on here.

I do think there are several benefits to having a subforum for episodes, if you can spare a few minutes: 1) it will provide a centralized place for feedback after every release; 2) it will offer an opportunity for members to suggest interview questions you may consider implementing into future episodes with returning guests; 3) it will consistently provide fresh material for the forum. Just thinking it might be a nice addition.

Anyway, my notifications tab isn't showing anything, am I doing something wrong?

9. janef

janef Major Contributor

I agree TWF, great suggestions.

10. Types With Fingers

Folks, I must apologize, I've read over my idea again, and while my heart was in the right place, the experiment is impractical. It assumes the pendulum will respond to me as it does to Carol, which it won't because I don't have an intimate connection with someone on the Other Side as Carol does with Mikey. It also assumes there are discarnates willing to jump through the mathematical hoops I set just to talk to me, which seems highly doubtful because I have never exhibited any psychic ability in my life, so they have little incentive to satisfy my demands. On the bright side, the pendulum I bought is quite pretty.

I still think personal experience is the best way to break the spiritual inertia, so I'm still going to focus on getting my own first-hand experience. I hear there are psychic mediums that will do readings by email, which seems a good way to reduce the chances of cold reading while increasing the possible depth of the reading, and you have a record to keep. Outside that, I'm going to train my focus on contacting my spirit guide(s) and/or guardian angel(s), as I hear that they seem to want more to communicate with us individuals than our loved ones on the Other Side, since they're said to be assigned to us individually.