1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Operator, I Need Directory Assistance

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Types With Fingers, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers Active Member

Hi!

No, I don't quite like that greeting. I'll tweak it in the next thread.

Anyway, I hope what I'm asking hasn't been covered before on here, there's a lot of information in this site which I still need to peruse through, and I don't wish to clog the news feed. I'm on a quest to contact someone in the spirit world, but I don't know who. I've read up on archangels, guardian angels, spirit guides, ancestors, and other spiritual agents from various sources (none of which I'd call an authority on the subjects), but the definitions and labels are fluid, that it's become quite confusing to know what to do or where to go.

And just to throw a wrench in what I bet would be your first suggestion, I can't go to a medium, due to various reasons. I'm on my own, and that's why I'm asking for your help.

Essentially, I wish to communicate with whatever entity(s) on the spirit side know(s) all about me, my past, present, and future, and ask them two simple questions: (1) am I where I'm supposed to be at this point in my life, having experienced what I experienced and living my current life situation, and (2) if not, what can I do to get there?

You know, the simple questions!

Anyway, y'all seem like the right people for me to ask, so would any of you be so kind as to impart advice as to who on the other side could answer my questions, and how could I communicate with them?

Thank you, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

There's no single, guaranteed way to contact discarnates - if there were we likely wouldn't be spending time of website forums discussing aspects of the afterlife. ;)

If you don't naturally have the attribute of psychic sensitivity then you'll need to work on developing it by perhaps sitting in meditation. Sitting in a development group can also help you learn how to quiet your mind and make yourself more receptive of communication, but here in the USA there isn't the structure of local churches/centers as in the UK. I don't want to be a wet blanket but your desire may not be one that's easy to resolve.

And frustratingly even if you were to develop your sensitivity you might still not find what you're searching for. You're not the first to have these questions and there's no certainty you would find whomever you think might have the answers to your questions. I expect others will have a different take and I wish you good hunting.

3. janef

janef Major Contributor

Hi ... good questions... in my opinion, the best place to start is a session with a certified therapeutic hypnotherapist. A past-life regression could be very helpful. Everything is in your sub-conscious mind, you can get alot of information in just one session. Also you might check out a Spiritualist church in your area. Link below. Not sure where you live in Texas, but there are some in Austin, Houston, San Antonio. Good luck!

https://www.nsac.org/churches.php

*Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World. (1919)

"Spiritualism Is a Science" because it investigates, analyzes and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the spirit side of life.

"Spiritualism Is a Philosophy" because it studies the Laws of Nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life and bases its conclusions upon present observed facts. It accepts statements of observed facts of past ages and conclusions drawn therefrom, when sustained by reason and by results of observed facts of the present day.

"Spiritualism Is a Religion" because it strives to understand and to comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature, which are the laws of God.

A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of mediumship and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication. (1914, Rev. 1938)

A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism. (1914)

A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through one's own inherent powers or through mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions. (1930, 1993)

The Phenomena of Spiritualism consists of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Gift of Tongues, Laying on of Hands, Healing, Visions, Trance, Apports, Levitation, Raps, Automatic and Independent Writings and Paintings, Voice, Materialization, Photography, Psychometry and any other manifestation proving the continuity of life as demonstrated through the Physical and Spiritual senses and faculties of man. (1950)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. janef

janef Major Contributor

5. Waller

Waller Banned

You mean your Higher Mind, your True Self, yes?

Of course. Your journey is a perfect one pre-determined by your Higher Mind shaped and formed by your free will

You already are through your imagination, your dreams, symbols, OBEs and any other method which allows you to move interdimensionally. Keep in mind, information comes when it is needed, not a moment later or earlier and only if it is relevant to your journey, your learning, your life themes. If it is relevant for you to make contact, be psychic then it may happen. If it is not, then it will not.Make no effort to set goals, to create expectations, for your physical mind is incapable of seeing the larger picture and the spirit of the journey is in the journey not in the meeting some preconceived notion of what is to come.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  6. Waller

Waller Banned

Perhaps you could access the non-existent Akashic Records?:D

7. Types With Fingers

I apologize, my frustration must be bleeding through; unlike armchair "skeptics," I've actually been doing research and attempting a spiritual connection for the past six months, though to no avail. I understand there's no one best route, I'm just looking for the best one for me.

It's been nearly unanimous in the sources I've come across that meditation is the first and best step to spiritual communication. I have difficulty with this because I've found meditation tracks with binaural beats to have the best effect of quieting my mind, but I don't have the money to purchase any track on whimsy, nor do I want to subject my brain to just any tune available on YouTube. Would you have any recommendations?

8. Types With Fingers

Thank you, I do appreciate your help. I'm going to implement the instructions in the Llewellyn article during my meditations (since that's what it appears to be designed for anyway), and see what happens. Getting to a Spiritualist church near me is a much more complex creature; I'm afraid I must hold off on a visit for the time being. I'm intrigued by the past-life regression idea, however, as I know there are several books on it which I can get my hands on. Would you have any recommendations? I like Dr. Weiss, his manner appears comforting, non sensationalist, and professional, which indicates to me that he's doing what he's doing for the data, and not the money. If there are better reads, though, I would rather be pointed there.

9. Types With Fingers

At this point sir, I'm only interested in what the entity can do, and whatever it's labeled can be determined later. If what I'm looking for can be accomplished best through my Higher Mind, then that's what I'm looking for. See, I've come across so many titles for things that I'm not sure what out there is what anymore. Earth angels, discarnates, soul beings, lightworkers, twin flames, dark entities, archangels, spirits, ghosts, higher minds, Source, Om, guides, etc... after a while, I begin to think these are all talking about the same thing!

Ah, this is the crux of why I'm here. After several months of trying to find out if I'm on my path or if I've derailed, I'm thinking I'd much rather demand to exchange my ticket for another line. ;-)

I agree, but on the other hand, I read how much free will can cramp the spirit world's style. I'd hate to get to my life review and find out I could've noticed my guardian angel slapping me in the face for 80 years, if I hadn't freely chosen to sit on my hands.

10. Types With Fingers

After reading more into this forum, I do have an idea to run past y'all. I understand Carol uses a pendulum to communicate with her son. Now, there's this site called www.random.org, which uses atmospheric variances to generate truly random numbers, as opposed to pseudorandom algorithms which you'd find behind most apps and computer programs.

If I bought a pendulum like Carol uses, I could use the website to generate two numbers between 100 and 100,000, and ask for a spirit to use the pendulum to determine the answer of dividing or multiplying them. I'm not great at math, even less so when put on the spot using two random numbers, so, theoretically, if the pendulum were to swing and give out an answer, after which I would solve the problem myself to verify the answer, and the answer was correct, then it would suggest that indeed a spirit was influencing the pendulum. Then I could ask it questions with the understanding that the answers were not coming from my imagination.

That wouldn't be asking too much of the spirit world, would it? Can a pendulum do what I'm suggesting, since I've never used one? Where would I even buy one of these pendulums, or can I make my own?