Nirvana comments on life

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Administrator
Life in this dimension is sickening. God's plan is sick. He really couldn't have come up with something better? Just how I feel.

Isn't that a somewhat sweeping statement? I'm guessing you're reacting to events around you rather than the totality of life here.

jobun

Occasional Contributor
I don't really think this is God's plan. God gave people free will, and the people exercising their free will that is messing up life in this dimension. People can really suck sometimes

bluebird

Major Contributor
I don't really think this is God's plan. God gave people free will, and the people exercising their free will that is messing up life in this dimension. People can really suck sometimes
True enough, but what about all the stuff that human free will did not cause, such as certain weather events, illnesses, etc.? That's on god, if there is one (in my opinion).

mac

Administrator
You might say everything that happens is 'on God' because - if you are persuaded of a creator - everything that happens follows on from what was created in the first instance. Always assuming there was a point which we could relate to as being 'the first instance'. ;)

Whether that's a matter of apportioning blame or acknowledging enablement is moot.

genewardsmith

The ACIM answer to that is that God is incapable of understanding error, and created the Holy Spirit, who can, only as a consequence of our mistake. That's not enablement nor blamable in my opinion.

mac

Administrator
The ACIM answer to that is that God is incapable of understanding error, and created the Holy Spirit, who can, only as a consequence of our mistake. That's not enablement nor blamable in my opinion.

If that's the whole ACIM answer I would be looking elsewhere for an understanding of God..... :rolleyes:

mac

Administrator
The alternative is that God does understand error, and nevertheless let us fall into it. Why do you prefer that?
I'm losing the plot - who is your remark/question directed at?

It would help if you quoted the person to whom the response is addressed.

bluebird

Major Contributor
I don't believe that to be the case, but if it is, that just proves that if there is a god, it is not all-knowing. In my opinion, a god/creator could not possibly be incapable of understanding error, when humans -- supposedly its creations -- are capable of it.

mac

Administrator
But just like I'm doing now you didn't originally quote my posting or part of it and the context of your message didn't seem to link to what I'd written. It still doesn't....

Status
Not open for further replies.