Nirvana comments on life

mac

janitor
Life in this dimension is sickening. God's plan is sick. He really couldn't have come up with something better? Just how I feel.

Isn't that a somewhat sweeping statement? I'm guessing you're reacting to events around you rather than the totality of life here.

jobun

I don't really think this is God's plan. God gave people free will, and the people exercising their free will that is messing up life in this dimension. People can really suck sometimes

bluebird

Major Contributor
I don't really think this is God's plan. God gave people free will, and the people exercising their free will that is messing up life in this dimension. People can really suck sometimes
True enough, but what about all the stuff that human free will did not cause, such as certain weather events, illnesses, etc.? That's on god, if there is one (in my opinion).

mac

janitor
You might say everything that happens is 'on God' because - if you are persuaded of a creator - everything that happens follows on from what was created in the first instance. Always assuming there was a point which we could relate to as being 'the first instance'. ;)

Whether that's a matter of apportioning blame or acknowledging enablement is moot.

genewardsmith

The ACIM answer to that is that God is incapable of understanding error, and created the Holy Spirit, who can, only as a consequence of our mistake. That's not enablement nor blamable in my opinion.

mac

janitor
The ACIM answer to that is that God is incapable of understanding error, and created the Holy Spirit, who can, only as a consequence of our mistake. That's not enablement nor blamable in my opinion.

If that's the whole ACIM answer I would be looking elsewhere for an understanding of God..... :rolleyes: