1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Nde question

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Litsa, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I've been reading what's been posted here and materials from Roberta. I agree that everyone has their own journey in life. Because of the influence that reading can have on the mind, I like to validate subjective experience with more objective observation. I find that it keeps some things in track. Until I get that objective validation I keep in mind that ideas are likely incorrect as far as finding some level of truth which applies to more than just the subject alone.
    I am trying to learn.
    I'm close to done with the first book. Not very far. I admit I got sidetracked with the afterlife 101 site posted in another thread, which prompted some of the latest questions, and also busy with general holiday preparations. I'd usually be further by now. I also like to follow up on the studies and research referenced in the book to understand how they were structured, etc, to know how valid the information provided could be. I am reading when I can.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    bluebird likes this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Read up on Dr. R Craig Hogan as well. He made the path that got me to Robertas forum when I was in a very dark place in my life. I haven’t visited his website recently (its been years actually), but I know a while back he had his own forum where folks can ask questions (anything) and he will respond. He’s a very kind and gentle man. Perhaps you’ve already visited his site? If not, I highly recommend you and other seekers do.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Anything is possible, but the evidence from many different sources consistently indicates that what we are telling you is true. However, if rather than exploring what 200 years of serious research has given us, you prefer to begin all over again and rush down all these various rabbit holes chasing only your own whims, then absolutely: be our guest!

4. RobertaGrimes

I don't know with whom you think you are agreeing, but you got none of this from me! And if this is indeed the way you are proceeding, then I urge you not to waste more time. This chasing people's individual subjective experiences and trying to find some validation for them is the direct opposite of the kind of research you should be doing if you ever hope to actually learn anything.

5. Convolution

OK, I will read his work! I had bookmarked his site a couple of weeks ago when someone else mentioned him here, but haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Thanks for the recommendation!

6. Convolution

I was agreeing with what Poeticblue posted in the quotes from that post of mine.

I'm not trying to chase people's subjective experiences. I am trying to understand how people believe the mechanics of the afterlife work. Most people I hear from seem to have different ideas about how it actually works, so I think about the repercussions of each and keep them in mind.
    I hope it will all give me more perspective, in time.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    bluebird likes this.
  7. RobertaGrimes

Convolution, if you asked everyone of every age who has ever both thrown and caught a ball to guess from those experiences how gravity works, you would get a variety of guesses. And you would then know precisely as much about physics as your approach is going to help you learn about the afterlife. I don't see what the point to it is. You will get nowhere and learn nothing.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

On all but the simplest questions I've largely given up responding to the seemingly-endless string posed by member Convolution. At my most ignorant about matters spiritual I'm relieved I didn't have to struggle as much as he appears to be struggling.

Maybe I was exceedingly fortunate in unknowingly being guided and perhaps I then managed to broadly follow the direction I was taken in? I really don't know if that was the case or whether I just figured things for myself. I do know this, though, that I was never able to benefit from a place like ALF with folk trying to point me in the right direction about how to learn the basics. And the web didn't exist in my formative years - research had to be done the then-conventional way.

Maybe others aren't necessarily being helped in such a way or perhaps don't respond or simply do things differently.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hopefully the advice that I was trying to give Convolution has not been misread or misinterpreted. I was simply telling him that his journey in life is him to own and that it’s a learning process and takes time to grasp. I was also wondering how far he has gotten in Roberta’s books and trying to make sure he’s genuine in keeping up with his studies. I guess it’s none of my business at the end the day though. I was simply trying to help. Hopefully things that were said are not being twisted around. We’ve had enough drama on the forum.

10. Convolution

If people were throwing balls and telling me their guesses, based on all of their differing opinions I would learn that guesses are what most of them have- not knowledge.
    Luckily with gravity I would not have to ask, as it is measurable. Someone can postulate a theory, and it can be tested.

bluebird likes this.