• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

Natural State

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
In one of my dreams I found myself at an invisible boundary of two levels of spiritual progression. In my mind I knew what it meant to be there and also I knew it was simply a representation of something that can't be seen or felt in the way we do as incarnates. I can still feel it clearly now whereas most dreams I recall are barmy concoctions of events, thoughts and even fears. Was mine something more than just a dream? I don't know but I feel it was.

JJHome

Occasional Contributor
In one of my dreams I found myself at an invisible boundary of two levels of spiritual progression. In my mind I knew what it meant to be there and also I knew it was simply a representation of something that can't be seen or felt in the way we do as incarnates. I can still feel it clearly now whereas most dreams I recall are barmy concoctions of events, thoughts and even fears. Was mine something more than just a dream? I don't know but I feel it was.
I love dreams! I feel that there's so much about them that we don't understand.

A few days ago, I woke up RIGHT in the middle of a dream because a sound outside my room woke me up. I had been on my way to visit Joe and my grandmother (both of whom are on the other side). I was walking and had made a pit stop to visit my uncle and sister (who are living) and my uncle had two books for me to give to Joe. And a bottle of non-alcoholic pineapple beer, lol (Joe loved pineapple soda, and he didn't drink alcohol). I still remember the way the books looked, they were both hardcover, and one was dark blue, and the other had a kind of pinky/mauve paper dust jacket. It had started to rain, and my uncle said, "Why don't you wait 'til the rain stops" and I said, "No, I can't - they're expecting me." And then a sound woke me straight up from the dream. Darn it! Because I wish I would have had the dream continue so I could see how my visit went. But on the other hand, I'm glad I woke up because I remembered it, and the dream was crystal clear and made sense. Again, this tells me that we do so much when we're sleeping, but that we rarely remember the dreams or activities that we're doing. Unless we wake up right in the middle of it.....

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
I have mixed emotions about my own dreams. Mostly the ones I recall are nonsense dreams constructed by my wandering brain involving often identifiable events/reactions from when I've been awake. Few appear to have any deep significance if any significance at all. Maybe the important ones are simply not accessible from my consciousness.

So, my question is... could we walk through or in any fashion, traverse the ENTIRE afterlife realm, as it REALLY is. if it would be possible for me as a spirit, to actually travel through the entire realm...
From all I've read and studied (and of course that's the ONLY knowledge I have of all this)-
Beyond this physical time/space we inhabit are dimensions/planes of unlimited/unimaginable number that dwarf all of any physical universes that exist combined. Each realm is "higher" than the next, of purer Spirit, and travel through/to them depends upon the state of our spiritual evolution, our "vibrational frequency". When we pass (or otherwise visit) these realms we're disposed to land in a plane that matches our stage of development. And many (if not all) sources agree that we cannot visit a higher plane than our frequency/soul evolution allows, unless invited/accompanied by a higher being. They also say, however, that we can visit a plane that is below our current one, if we wish. In addition, it's been said that in whatever plane one is on, there are innumerable locales, conceptual belief areas that exist and could be visited (the "many mansions" spoken of in the Bible).
Personally, I have no clue...:)

I was in a nice park like setting, overlooking the ocean (think something like the picture above), and the whole area was full of people walking at a comfortable pace of various ages, though I did not see anyone who would be considered elderly. They were casually talking about each other or the lives they’d just lived, laughing about the events experienced, etc. one man and woman were seated on the grass with a kinda big white dog. I didn’t make contact with the dog or its owners, but when I walked by, I could somehow feel that the dog was so happy to be there with its owners once again, as if it had missed them for a long time. There was a large group of about seven or so people, all walking together, all dressed the same, in black suits, like tuxes or formal wear. I somehow felt or got the impression that this was a family, as they were discussing their family lineages from lives past. Nobody I saw appeared translucent or “partly there”… they all seemed as VISUALLY solid as people do here...
Wow, that's an intriguing "dream"- especially since I've been reading a new book by Mike Marable (How to Have a Good Life- After You're Dead).
He's (evidently) an extremely accomplished OBE'er. On the level of Robert Monroe, and he spends a great deal of time on lower astral planes retrieving/extracting departed folks who don't know they're dead or are just stuck- something that Monroe spent some time doing.
Most interesting is his assertion that what so many of us think are dreams are in reality visits to other realms, populated by both spirits and by dreamers still alive on earth. He acknowledges the fact that one can easily slip in/out of these realities to just dreaming, lucid or not.
Your description sure sounds like a visit to one of the realms of "Summerland"- no one is elderly, folks are laughing about their previous experiences, a dog so happy to meet its owners again. I'm curious, was that dream any more vivid or intense than your usual dreams?
Marable makes me think hard about some of my "dreams". Like Mac said, so many of them are clearly just detritus from our day's thoughts, worries and experiences, but others may invite a closer look.
I've had some with so detailed (and pleasant) locales, I wonder how I could just make it up. I recall two recent dreams where I'd asked a question of folks about something unclear, and their dismissive response was "You're alive". Well, OK... :oops:

As for your consternation for people being so flippant about their previous "lifetimes", I think of the NDE experiences I've read where a mother of a newborn baby wanted to stay but had to be reminded of her obligation, and others who could just leave everything behind and remain in the beautiful realm they were in. Perhaps, seen from a much wider perspective, so many things we feel are so important are not quite so, and yet the lessons we learn and progress we make is indeed substantial and carried with us.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
From all I've read and studied (and of course that's the ONLY knowledge I have of all this)-
Beyond this physical time/space we inhabit are dimensions/planes of unlimited/unimaginable number that dwarf all of any physical universes that exist combined. Each realm is "higher" than the next, of purer Spirit, and travel through/to them depends upon the state of our spiritual evolution, our "vibrational frequency". When we pass (or otherwise visit) these realms we're disposed to land in a plane that matches our stage of development. And many (if not all) sources agree that we cannot visit a higher plane than our frequency/soul evolution allows, unless invited/accompanied by a higher being. They also say, however, that we can visit a plane that is below our current one, if we wish. In addition, it's been said that in whatever plane one is on, there are innumerable locales, conceptual belief areas that exist and could be visited (the "many mansions" spoken of in the Bible).
Personally, I have no clue...:)
Probably few, if any, of us have any clue either but I for one am persuaded by ideas I've considered at length and feel to be guidance coming from discarnates widely acknowledged as knowledgeable and authoritative on such matters; those teachers tell us what's mentioned above.

Their knowledge became my own, much as happened with my (limited) knowledge of maths and sciences in this world. What I was taught, what makes sense to me as an individual, what appeals to my reason, is my knowledge.

BruceAdama

Occasional Contributor
Heh, so here’s something that me mind found itself pondering as I got ready to drift to sleep last night…

I read a lot of NDE/afterlife accounts where people will often say things about how flowers or plants in the afterlife seem to be imbued with life, and seem to have a spirit of their own, and flowers can appear to “follow” people as they walk along. That got me thinking…

I’m ASSUMING that this is an account of how the afterlife is when the experiencer first arrives, before they’ve had the chance to create “their own slice of heaven”, for lack of better terms. If so, then let’s say you create your own little space in the afterlife…maybe a cottage in a flowery meadow, or even just a house with a nice garden… if YOUR mind creates it…

Where do the flowers come from, or more appropriately, what are the flowers? If everything in the afterlife has its own spirit or energy, then do the flowers transfer from one part of the afterlife realm into your private area, or does your mind create them, and thus, create NEW flowers? Would this not then mean your mind has the power to create new spirits/energies?

bluebird

Significant Contributor
I honestly have no idea -- I don't even know if there is an afterlife, much less how it works or anything. However, my instinctive response is to say that in the scenario you described, I don't think it would be that we would be creating new spirits/energies, so much as just gathering/molding them into a new shape. Like making a clay pot -- the clay already existed within the earth, and the fire within the kiln, but the potter shapes the clay to make the pot and fires it in the kiln. The potter takes what is there and molds it into something beautiful.