• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

Natural State

BruceAdama

Occasional Contributor
So, I was thinking about this at work the other night, and figured I’d post it here. Unlike my other musings about the afterlife realm, this has nothing to do with what I, personally want the realm to be like, nor does it have anything to do with the physicality of it. In this pondering, I’m talking about the actual afterlife realm, as it is in its natural state, meaning not what you, I, or anyone wants it to be, or rather, not what you, I, or anyone will make it, once we’re there, or what any of us see when we first arrive after death, meaning the version of the afterlife realm that our Earth-conditioned minds initially imagine.

So, my question is, assuming I, or any soul wanted to, could we walk through or in any fashion, traverse the ENTIRE afterlife realm, as it REALLY is. So, if we assume that every soul can create their own personal heaven, let’s cut through that, as in that case, your own heaven is but a painting on a canvas. I want to traverse the entire CANVAS, devoid of anything added. I want to see and experience the afterlife realm in its absolute original, natural, raw form. Is that something that would be permitted, or even possible?

What do you think the afterlife looks like in this most basic state? I just thought it an interesting question… if it would be possible for me as a spirit, to actually travel through the entire realm, as it really is, removed from the thought influences of the other spirit occupants.

bluebird

Significant Contributor
My guess -- and that's all it can be -- is that it doesn't appear like much of anything. I think it's like the blank pages of a book, sort of a place-in-waiting, I suppose. Or maybe its default state is just some sort of lovely natural setting, maybe a field of flowers or the like.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
So, I was thinking about this at work the other night, and figured I’d post it here. Unlike my other musings about the afterlife realm, this has nothing to do with what I, personally want the realm to be like, nor does it have anything to do with the physicality of it. In this pondering, I’m talking about the actual afterlife realm, as it is in its natural state, meaning not what you, I, or anyone wants it to be, or rather, not what you, I, or anyone will make it, once we’re there, or what any of us see when we first arrive after death, meaning the version of the afterlife realm that our Earth-conditioned minds initially imagine.
The way I 'see' the situation is that there are communal regions where regular guys and gals will feel comfortable immediately. These regions will be effectively-permanent in the way our physical world is and they may exist widely. They've often been called The Summerland which is a bit flowery but is essentially what many would enjoy being in after their journey to earth.

So, my question is, assuming I, or any soul wanted to, could we walk through or in any fashion, traverse the ENTIRE afterlife realm, as it REALLY is.
The simple answer to that, Bruce, is "no"
So, if we assume that every soul can create their own personal heaven, let’s cut through that, as in that case, your own heaven is but a painting on a canvas. I want to traverse the entire CANVAS, devoid of anything added. I want to see and experience the afterlife realm in its absolute original, natural, raw form. Is that something that would be permitted, or even possible?
Despite what you opened this posting by saying (quote:"Unlike my other musings about the afterlife realm, this has nothing to do with what I, personally want the realm to be like.....") you're again trying to fix the picture.

Yes it IS permitted but ONLY WHEN you are at a level of spiritual progress that enables you to do it. The entire canvas (as you describe it) is one you will experience based on the level of your spiritual advancement/understanding. There is no single edge-to-edge landscape covering all the etheric levels that you can tramp across the way you appear to want to do.

What do you think the afterlife looks like in this most basic state? I just thought it an interesting question… if it would be possible for me as a spirit, to actually travel through the entire realm, as it really is, removed from the thought influences of the other spirit occupants.
I am personally guided by the accounts given by those who live in the conditions you're wanting to know about or by the guidance of spiritual guides and teachers I respect. As per usual, member Bruce, you're posing the "Yes but what if....." kind of question I've already explained. By now you really ought to know and I think you do know but just as with my young student you rail against what you can't change or control.

To summarise, then, you CAN NOT (quote) "...travel through the entire realm, as it really is, removed from the thought influences of the other spirit occupants" any more than you can move around this physical world without encountering the influence on it of the people who live here or used to live here. Perhaps the best you will achieve after your passing will be to harness your undoubted ability to fantasise to mentally create solely for yourself the landscape you imagine there should be. If you can then it will be everything you want it to be which - despite what you say - appears to be really what you want. Maybe you could/would share that world with others of a like mind to your own?

BruceAdama

Occasional Contributor
I largely agree with everything said above.

Let me throw this into the equation… what about someone who dies, but has NO preconceived notions of an afterlife… such as an atheist? Someone going in with a mental blank slate, as far as a vision of the afterlife. What do you suppose someone like that would see or experience?

JJHome

Occasional Contributor

Let me throw this into the equation… what about someone who dies, but has NO preconceived notions of an afterlife… such as an atheist? Someone going in with a mental blank slate, as far as a vision of the afterlife. What do you suppose someone like that would see or experience?
I just wanted to throw my thoughts into the mix. I think they will find themselves with their loved ones who have crossed over, and either (a) in a pleasant natural scene, one they would have found enjoyable on earth - even if they never consciously thought about this, probably everyone has some sort of general, vague idea of what setting they would find comfortable and enjoyable even if it's at a subconscious level, OR (b) they will find themselves with their loved ones who have crossed over in whatever sort of setting the loved ones choose to appear in or choose to be. I.e., the recently deceased will gravitate towards his or her loved ones and will be in whatever setting they are in.

There! Clear as mud, right? LOL

bluebird

Significant Contributor
The way I 'see' the situation is that there are communal regions where regular guys and gals will feel comfortable immediately. These regions will be effectively-permanent in the way our physical world is and they may exist widely. They've often been called The Summerland which is a bit flowery but is essentially what many would enjoy being in after their journey to earth.

That makes sense to me; kind of like the field of flowers I mentioned.

bluebird

Significant Contributor
I just wanted to throw my thoughts into the mix. I think they will find themselves with their loved ones who have crossed over, and either (a) in a pleasant natural scene, one they would have found enjoyable on earth - even if they never consciously thought about this, probably everyone has some sort of general, vague idea of what setting they would find comfortable and enjoyable even if it's at a subconscious level, OR (b) they will find themselves with their loved ones who have crossed over in whatever sort of setting the loved ones choose to appear in or choose to be. I.e., the recently deceased will gravitate towards his or her loved ones and will be in whatever setting they are in.

There! Clear as mud, right? LOL

I like it; this also makes sense to me.

BruceAdama

Occasional Contributor
IMG_5646.jpegSo, I wanted to put this here while it was still fresh in my mind. I just woke up, and just had a dream which maybe kind of answered my question, though I’m not claiming it was anything other than a dream.

I was in a nice park like setting, overlooking the ocean (think something like the picture above), and the whole area was full of people walking at a comfortable pace of various ages, though I did not see anyone who would be considered elderly. They were casually talking about each other or the lives they’d just lived, laughing about the events experienced, etc. one man and woman were seated on the grass with a kinda big white dog. I didn’t make contact with the dog or its owners, but when I walked by, I could somehow feel that the dog was so happy to be there with its owners once again, as if it had missed them for a long time. There was a large group of about seven or so people, all walking together, all dressed the same, in black suits, like tuxes or formal wear. I somehow felt or got the impression that this was a family, as they were discussing their family lineages from lives past. Nobody I saw appeared translucent or “partly there”… they all seemed as VISUALLY solid as people do here, but IDK if that was a result of my dream or not. Then, in the dream, I got frustrated with the slow rate at which everyone was walking, and I blurted out, “Just because we’re dead, doesn’t mean we have to take forever!”. I started to say “Jesu—“, but stopped myself, noting where I supposedly was. At that point, events of the dream changed into another dream, as dreams will do.

One thing that stuck out to me in the dream was how removed everyone seemed from the events of their past lives… just laughing about everything, as if it never happened or even mattered… like it was just an amusing story to tell at the dinner table, to amuse guests. Even experiences of war. I mean, yeah, I can see how if you’re in that kind of environment, where only peace and good feelings prevail, you’d be inclined to act that way towards Earthly events, but the people in the dream genuinely seemed not to care in the slightest about what had just happened in life… if the purpose in incarnating is to learn things, wouldn’t we take that with us? These people just seemed like it was nothing but a novelty… something they did for entertainment. But again, it is a dream.

CZksckRT

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member

They'd find what most of us will find - the next state of being whether they know anything about anything or nothing about anything.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
View attachment 854So, I wanted to put this here while it was still fresh in my mind. I just woke up, and just had a dream which maybe kind of answered my question, though I’m not claiming it was anything other than a dream.

I was in a nice park like setting, overlooking the ocean (think something like the picture above), and the whole area was full of people walking at a comfortable pace of various ages, though I did not see anyone who would be considered elderly. They were casually talking about each other or the lives they’d just lived, laughing about the events experienced, etc. one man and woman were seated on the grass with a kinda big white dog. I didn’t make contact with the dog or its owners, but when I walked by, I could somehow feel that the dog was so happy to be there with its owners once again, as if it had missed them for a long time. There was a large group of about seven or so people, all walking together, all dressed the same, in black suits, like tuxes or formal wear. I somehow felt or got the impression that this was a family, as they were discussing their family lineages from lives past. Nobody I saw appeared translucent or “partly there”… they all seemed as VISUALLY solid as people do here, but IDK if that was a result of my dream or not. Then, in the dream, I got frustrated with the slow rate at which everyone was walking, and I blurted out, “Just because we’re dead, doesn’t mean we have to take forever!”. I started to say “Jesu—“, but stopped myself, noting where I supposedly was. At that point, events of the dream changed into another dream, as dreams will do.

One thing that stuck out to me in the dream was how removed everyone seemed from the events of their past lives… just laughing about everything, as if it never happened or even mattered… like it was just an amusing story to tell at the dinner table, to amuse guests. Even experiences of war. I mean, yeah, I can see how if you’re in that kind of environment, where only peace and good feelings prevail, you’d be inclined to act that way towards Earthly events, but the people in the dream genuinely seemed not to care in the slightest about what had just happened in life… if the purpose in incarnating is to learn things, wouldn’t we take that with us? These people just seemed like it was nothing but a novelty… something they did for entertainment. But again, it is a dream.

CZksckRT

Who knows if it was simply a dream influenced by your thoughts or one concocted in response to what you'd been asking about? Something to give you food for thought....