more side issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

janitor
Are there any fresh brand new souls incarnating for the first time here on earth currently? Why or why not?
yes - There are always 'new' souls coming to our dimension. There always were, there always will be, right up until this dimension is no longer fit-for-purpose.

Tim Salyer

I think the notion of everything happening concurrently, what we experience as past, present and future all happening at the same time, is what misleads folk into hoping/expecting they can actually live in a time period of their choice.

Some say they understand that notion but I'm unable to get my head round much of what is claimed. Perhaps they have better visualisation but equally perhaps it's just their fantasy/desire. Folk claim with apparently equal conviction and with sincerity that they believe stories such as Atlantis having been a real place on this earth.

We should avoid being swayed by the convictions of others unless there is good corroboration and authentication of details. I've made that mistake so I'm speaking from experience.
I was having a difficult time following your train of thought here mac. It's probably just me. Are you trying to say that people live here, die, go to heaven, and when they choose to reincarnate, it is always into a future time in earth years. It seems that what was what Mikey was saying, but I could be wrong.

mac

janitor
I was having a difficult time following your train of thought here mac. It's probably just me. Are you trying to say that people live here, die, go to heaven, and when they choose to reincarnate, it is always into a future time in earth years. It seems that what was what Mikey was saying, but I could be wrong.

It's not actually something I say much about, Tim, other than to express my doubt over what I hear.

Mikey said recently that we reincarnate into a time frame that's the future in this dimension. So if/when we return to this earth for another incarnate lifetime we would - if we knew we'd been here before! - realise we have started living in a time later than our last incarnation. If we were able to understand the situation we'd realise we were living decades or perhaps centuries after the time when we last kicked off our clogs. What we can't do is to reincarnate into a time frame that we see as 'the past' - put more simply we can't (for exampe) reincarnate as a Roman soldier stationed in the wilds of the UK umpteen hundred years ago! Or whatever....

That's pretty straightforward - we live again and it will be in the future. What is hard for me to grasp is the notion that past, present and future are happening at the same time. Or that present day actions can change events that have already happened in the past. And that's what I meant when I referred to folk who can visualise those conditions - or fantasise about them. ;) It's that notion that's currently fashionable.

It's a 'Back to The Future' scenario that's fine for a movie but no good to me in real life. :D

Krissyliz

This general topic has been discussed at length on ALF in the past. Maybe do an advanced search for the threads?
Ok, I must not be understanding how to search properly because I thought I did do a search on it and didnt find anything answering my question.. Only the info regarding marriage and divorce and what not. Sorry :/

genewardsmith

Points Gene can't answer, of course.....

Closest I can come to answering is that Edgar Cayce said some ancient people could get stone to float using sound somehow. That has recently been demonstrated for small objects. How it would work for huge slabs of stone I can't imagine.

mac

janitor
Closest I can come to answering is that Edgar Cayce said some ancient people could get stone to float using sound somehow. That has recently been demonstrated for small objects. How it would work for huge slabs of stone I can't imagine.
Not that close, then......

mac

janitor

Kurt

Major Contributor
yes - There are always 'new' souls coming to our dimension. There always were, there always will be, right up until this dimension is no longer fit-for-purpose.

Off topic but what if we find a way to gatecrash dimensions? What if there are dead ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.