Modern Spiritualism - religion and philosophy

Ruby

Established Member
Hi mac, please can you explain the difference between spiritualism practiced in Victorian times and modern spiritualism?

mac

janitor
Hi mac, please can you explain the difference between spiritualism practiced in Victorian times and modern spiritualism?

That's a simple question inviting an essay to reply.....;)

Perhaps more pertinent is what today's Spiritualism is about but survival evidence via mediumship is key to both old and new versions alike.

What does Spiritualism - capital 'S' to denote the movement, philosophy and religion - mean to YOU? We could build a conversation from that point.

mac

janitor
To me spiritualism is a peaceful means of connection to all things, and maybe peaceful isn't the right word, harmony seems to fit more with being in synch with the universe. I don't think it's necessarily rel..................s online over the years. I don't always feel like I can contribute anything of great value or wisdom, but I learn from those who do. I was raised Roman Catholic, however, I am very lapsed when it comes to religion now. I do not feel worthy of Christ or God for that matter, but I do celebrate Christmas and Easter. Just don't do the church thing.

This thread is entitled 'Modern Spiritualism' and is housed under the category 'Religion, Faith, Belief. 'Spiritualism' (proper noun, upper case 'S') is the religion and philosophy and not the catch-all 'spiritualism' (lower case 's', common noun), whatever that might mean in a different context.

I look forward to chatting with you mac on this subject. You present such wonderful knowledge and wisdom and I admire you very much. I may appear to be a flake at times, and not always be around here when I should be, but it's just because life gets in the way.,..(work mostly).

I'm always happy to chat about Modern Spiritualism but I'm blushing you should think I have wisdom.

mac

janitor
I became a Spiritualist in 1984, its simple message of survival arriving at a very difficult time in my life.

Since then that message has been my constant companion, my knowledge underpinning other, related searches for a broader understanding not only of death but - equally importantly - a broader understanding of life.

Although I am a Spiritualist I always say I'm not ONLY a Spiritualist because my interest is in more than just the simple teachings provided by the religion and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism.