member responses and conversations - general

bluebird

Major Contributor
lol, your attempt at meditation is still better than mine -- at least you had sufficient peace of mind to fall asleep, whereas I can't still my mind/thoughts at all. I think you will probably be able to manage meditation, with practice.

Ruby

Established Member
Actually I am the type to fall asleep on the couch watching television then go to bed and be awake half the night with racing thoughts, all of it nonsense! I have had extremely bad insomnia in the past which was connected to the menopause and I'm always scared of it happening again.
It does intrigue me this whole subject of altered states of consciousness, and yet I can't really accept that altered states could bring about the effects of psi, such as apparitions, voices and so on. These experiences tend to be straightforward perceptions. People who take psychedelic drugs to alter their state of consciousness experience more random perceptions, which I have never tried and never would. Too scary for me!

bluebird

Major Contributor
I understand -- I have bad insomnia as well. I've had panic disorder for years, and so have never been the best sleeper, but it got significantly worse when my husband died. Sleeping pills help somewhat. I would never take psychedelic drugs, either -- too afraid they would cause panic attacks, among other things.

Ruby

Established Member
I've just come back from a second-hand bookshop with a book "The Subtle Energy Body, The Complete Guide" by Maureen Lockhart. Great thrill! A new approach for me. It looks a bit beyond my reading age tbh, or maybe these concepts are difficult for us to understand in our material selves. Once you experience these paranormal things you start on a lifelong quest to get answers. Maybe there are none to be found, but it helps to understand that you are not alone in experiencing them and also to research it is to keep in touch with our deceased somehow. Also, maybe some hints towards better whole body energy and health.