member responses and conversations - general

Yes, I agree that trying to communicate with an unspecific spirit individual is not a good idea at all, for all of the reasons you mentioned above.
My intention would be to reach specific, known, loved ones. I've never used a pendulum in this way. I just became curious when I heard Carol talk about it in an interview with Roberta. I've used a pendulum for measuring energy of foods and supplements, as well as muscle testing, when choosing if something is right for my body or not. I've never used it to communicate with a deceased loved one.

I also know that in preparation for a session with a medium, one needs to invite who one wants to speak to, prepare questions, and set an intention. It's not a casual thing.

mac

Administrator
Thank you both of you for your time to answer this :) ...But I was more curious about the view of the spritual world about this practice being promoted and established more and more around the world...are they neutral, they dont care that much or they dont like it that is spreading ?

Im not judging or saying what one should or not do, neither Im stating if its good or bad, I only asked to know their opinion because I see that is getting approved on more places and I wondered what the spiritual world would think about this ....

thanks and take care, hope to see you someday in a future conference again
I do understand your desire to hear what's thought in the world of the spirit, albeit the view only of one individual. Three decades and more ago I used to think similarly about ''what the spirit world' thinks about one subject or another. Over time, however, it's dawned on me that 'the spirit world' does not have a single view on anything. The world of the spirit is one of individuals just as with this one. Both are populated by individuals and any one individual may see things differently from any other.

You have asked what Mikey thinks about termination and he'll give his view in due course, that of a single individual. He can't speak for all others although he may know the views of some of his peers and maybe those of others less spiritually advanced. But decades ago respected guide and teacher Silver Birch was asked his views about reincarnation. Part of his response was that among his peers were those who asserted they had never met anyone who had reincarnated but he - Silver Birch - had no doubt that reincarnation was a reality. If Silver Birch saw things differently from his peers, we should be cautious about thinking there's a spiritual 'world view' on subjects.

I'm very appreciative of Mikey's thoughts but we should always remember that his approach on this and perhaps other issues isn't necessarily guidance on how we incarnates should see matters. I try always to apply SB's principle to what I hear - "Accept only what appeals to your reason." It's why I said earlier that as a Spiritualist I see termination in one light but as a very ordinary human I see it in another. I'm pulled in opposite directions!

When I pass over I may see it predominantly one way because I will have lost contact with the trials and tribulations of life incarnate, the awful emotional pressures women are under when they consider their position with a pregnancy they're not comfortable with. It's surely got to be similar for those who offer their view from 'the other side' of the veil.

mac

Administrator
Yes, I agree that trying to communicate with an unspecific spirit individual is not a good idea at all, for all of the reasons you mentioned above.
My intention would be to reach specific, known, loved ones. I've never used a pendulum in this way. I just became curious when I heard Carol talk about it in an interview with Roberta. I've used a pendulum for measuring energy of foods and supplements, as well as muscle testing, when choosing if something is right for my body or not. I've never used it to communicate with a deceased loved one.

I also know that in preparation for a session with a medium, one needs to invite who one wants to speak to, prepare questions, and set an intention. It's not a casual thing.
I'm glad you see matters the way you do and I did figure what your intention was likely to be.

Like yourself I'm not a medium but I always caution we can't choose who we want to communicate with. The spirit individual has to want to communicate with you. Tutor and medium Martin Twycross made that point in one of his tutorials recently and it struck me as being highly important. Carol's relationship, Carol's mediumship, is unusual if not actually unique and in my view unlikely to be replicated.

If someone is intending to sit with a medium then the thoughts they have about who they'd like to 'hear from' will go out to that individual but of course there's no reason not to make a special point of sending your thoughts - or speaking the words out loud - to the one you're hoping to hear from. As for setting the scene over what you'd like it's not like preparing an agenda that a spirit communicator will be aware of and (s)he won't be governed or even influenced by what you'd like to happen. Just 'getting through' and showing their presence can be a big enough ask.

My suggestion would be that you just send out your loving thoughts to your friend and ask him to come and make his presence clear to you via the medium.

Last edited:

mac

Administrator
This topic deserves its own spot but as it's already running here I'll continue for now and we'll see if it generates enough interest to be continued in a separate thread.

Whatever we may feel personally about abortion there are some additional issues I think deserve consideration....

Firstly it’s a female issue. A man is involved in causing the problem but the mother faces her problem alone save for the support she may get, and deserves to get, from the father.

Male views count for less except for the support they should provide for the woman’s decision. They don’t give birth and don’t have the stress a female does. Even other females shouldn’t get to determine what any other woman must do.

All THAT should put the cat among the pigeons! Spiritually it’s an interesting and very different position. Childbirth may be unique to this particular world.

It’s the ONLY way spirits can get to experience incarnation here.

A female is very special given she’s the only way to get into this world.

She doesn’t have any obligation to provide such a service.

She doesn’t have to see it to completion.

Her role and all the positive expectations that accompany it - expectation and anticipation of motherhood etc. - may anyway cease at the drop of a hat without her involvement. eg miscarriage and neo-natal death

The physical and emotional load of motherhood is enormous. Not all females experience it in the same way or to the same degree. Why should women expect other women to adopt their personal values, share their views and approach when it’s such a personal issue?

Outside of just those few randomly-chosen issues there are deeper spiritual considerations but unless we find a better overall understanding than we presently have - seemingly very little! - of the way of the spirit then most of those aspects are essentially meaningless for many/most of us.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Jeana,

I'm sure Carol and Mikey will be along to answer, but in the meantime -- may I ask why you think Mikey (or anyone) would be bored without pain, conflict, and drama?? I find that an odd stance. I would be thrilled to have none of those things in my life or on the earth now (and certainly the best times in life don't have any of those things), and even more thrilled (assuming there is an afterlife) to have an eternal existence without them!

mac

Administrator
The incarnate lives of some individuals and families appear to be chock full of incidents and issues. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on to bring about so many traumatic events. I suppose some people are so used to living that way they have little idea that others don't. In much the same way that children who are abused and lead miserable childhoods but think they're normal.

It might appear to those living traumatic / eventful lives that simpler, gentle ones one without pain, conflict or drama, might be boring. That's really sad.

fins up

Perhaps a new forum could be started. A member and the administrator could challenge other members questions and insult the questioner. Those who want to know what Carol and Mikey have to say could stay right here. The new forum could also promote spiritualism and agnosticism.

mac

Administrator
Perhaps a new forum could be started. A member and the administrator could challenge other members questions and insult the questioner. Those who want to know what Carol and Mikey have to say could stay right here. The new forum could also promote spiritualism and agnosticism.
Members already have a wide range of long-existing forums in which to post their thoughts, views, ideas, beliefs or whatever and as I'm in charge of this website, and create or remove forums, I can asure you there will be no forum along the lines you've suggested.

Furthermore nobody is allowed to insult anyone on this website and that won't change in the future. However we do not have to agree with views or opinions expressed in any forum and members may challenge points made and even disagree with them. But that applies to points made and not individuals.

Ruby

Established Member
This topic deserves its own spot but as it's already running here I'll continue for now and we'll see if it generates enough interest to be continued in a separate thread.

Whatever we may feel personally about abortion there are some additional issues I think deserve consideration....

Firstly it’s a female issue. A man is involved in causing the problem but the mother faces her problem alone save for the support she may get, and deserves to get, from the father.

Male views count for less except for the support they should provide for the woman’s decision. They don’t give birth and don’t have the stress a female does. Even other females shouldn’t get to determine what any other woman must do.

All THAT should put the cat among the pigeons! Spiritually it’s an interesting and very different position. Childbirth may be unique to this particular world.

It’s the ONLY way spirits can get to experience incarnation here.

A female is very special given she’s the only way to get into this world.

She doesn’t have any obligation to provide such a service.

She doesn’t have to see it to completion.

Her role and all the positive expectations that accompany it - expectation and anticipation of motherhood etc. - may anyway cease at the drop of a hat without her involvement. eg miscarriage and neo-natal death

The physical and emotional load of motherhood is enormous. Not all females experience it in the same way or to the same degree. Why should women expect other women to adopt their personal values, share their views and approach when it’s such a personal issue?

Outside of just those few randomly-chosen issues there are deeper spiritual considerations but unless we find a better overall understanding than we presently have - seemingly very little! - of the way of the spirit then most of those aspects are essentially meaningless for many/most of us.
Well said, mac!

bluebird

Major Contributor
It's very sad but some people thrive on conflict, drama. I know quite a lot of people who are like this, it just fuels their ego. Whether it happens in the after-life I'm not so sure. Maybe in the lower-lowers. Looking forward to Carols and Mikey's answer on this.
I suppose you're right....my guess is that that's most often the case for people who grew up in very dysfunctional households with a lot of conflict, or who had relationships with a lot of conflict. Maybe it gets kind of hard-wired into them, which is a shame. If there is an afterlife, I very much doubt it continues there, though (just my opinion).