• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

member responses and conversations - general

Ruby

Established Member
Ah, I see. Your answer to methebee was about Mikey meeting a specific person randomly in the afterlife. Thanks for your help, mac.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see. Your answer to methebee was about Mikey meeting a specific person randomly in the afterlife. Thanks for your help, mac.
my pleasure, Ruby :)

Similar questions have been asked of Mikey in the past.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I (Carol) have a question. Is Roberta a psychic medium? I didn't know that but maybe she is!? I know I am not.

For the benefit of followers of this conversation, Carol Morgan is very definitely a medium. She is a
go-between, a conduit for guidance coming from Mikey and aimed at helping others - that is mediumship.

What she doesn't do is predict someone's future or give psychic readings and counseling, services often mistaken for mediumship. Neither does she provide personal evidential (spiritual) mediusmhip.

jobun

For the benefit of followers of this conversation, Carol Morgan is very definitely a medium. She is a
go-between, a conduit for guidance coming from Mikey and aimed at helping others - that is mediumship.

What she doesn't do is predict someone's future or give psychic readings and counseling, services often mistaken for mediumship. Neither does she provide personal evidential (spiritual) mediusmhip.

I may have used the wrong phrase when I said psychic medium. I actually meant medium, you don't have to be psychic, right.

The only mediums I've ever been to have also been psychic, so I just automatically connect the two.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I may have used the wrong phrase when I said psychic medium. I actually meant medium, you don't have to be psychic, right.

The only mediums I've ever been to have also been psychic, so I just automatically connect the two.

There's an old saying: All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums."

Saying "psychic medium" is tautological - you can't be a medium if you're not psychic but that term is often used when what's meant is 'a psychic' (psychic practitioner) rather than 'a medium'. Confused? Many are.....

jobun

I get the differences. When I went to the psychic medium, she consulted with her own guide, I believe it was her grandmother, who helped me with my questions and gave me a reading. I really didn't have a loved on passed over at that time that would have contacted me (estranged from grandparents so even though they were gone, I barely remembered them), it was many many years ago, so I don't know if she would have brought forth any messages or conversations from the other side in that capacity.

My SIL went to a different psychic medium and was able to connect with her two sons who had passed, with no prompting at all from her. The medium told her that there were two very handsome young men who wanted to bust her chops a little... that's Matt and Kyle.. Always busting her chops...LOL

So in Carol's case, she has Mikey as her guide, and in the medium I went to, she had her grandmother as her guide. My SIL's medium was able to bring forth the boys, so it was a different type of medium.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I get the differences. When I went to the psychic medium, she consulted with her own guide, I believe it was her grandmother, who helped me with my questions and gave me a reading. I really didn't have a loved on passed over at that time that would have contacted me (estranged from grandparents so even though they were gone, I barely remembered them), it was many many years ago, so I don't know if she would have brought forth any messages or conversations from the other side in that capacity.

maybe......

You visited a so-called psychic medium who used her personal resources to help you with whatever questions you asked. It might well have been her grandmother helping the practitioner but the key - as you identified - was that the practitioner did not communicate with a spirit associated with yourself. BUT the reason you didn't hear from anyone in that way was NOT that you didn't have a loved one you could identify 'on the other side' but because the practitioner was NOT acting as a medium - if she even had that capacity.

Had she first told you she would try to see if there was anyone in spirit wanting to communicate, but then been unable to 'find' anyone, the situation would have been different.

My SIL went to a different psychic medium and was able to connect with her two sons who had passed, with no prompting at all from her. The medium told her that there were two very handsome young men who wanted to bust her chops a little... that's Matt and Kyle.. Always busting her chops...LOL
Here I will disagree with you. Your sister in law sat with an evidential medium who provided evidence of the identity and presence of her two sons.

So in Carol's case, she has Mikey as her guide,
no - Mikey acts as his mom's spiritual helper. It's unlikely he is her spirit guide. A spirit guide's role is a very specific one and I don't see Mikey in that role. Try looking at it this way. Working through ALF, Carol is a medium providing a channel/conduit for Mikey's guidance/answers to questions asked by members.

....and in the medium I went to, she had her grandmother as her guide. My SIL's medium was able to bring forth the boys, so it was a different type of medium.
again, no - The practitioner you visited appears, based on what you've said, to be a 'psychic' who is helped in whatever way by her grandmother.
Your sister in law sat with (visited) an evidential medium. ('spiritual medium')

Last edited: