• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

member responses and conversations - general

mac

site administrator
Staff member
It's always an interesting discussion with you, bb..... :)

You're not persuaded either way about issues that are real for me yet can judge the validity or otherwise of an obscure argument. :) Some time ago I had an online friend who was amazingly knowledgeable about Modern Spiritualism and able to quote details and speak about individuals linked to it. Yet he hadn't found what he was searching for - that certain something to persuade him fully about survival et al, the stuff he knew and, I think was all-but persuaded, about.

I've not heard from him in a fair while and sometimes wonder if he ever did find what he was seeking. I suspect he didn't but who knows?

bluebird

Major Contributor
lol, I do seem to be able to see many sides, even those with which I do not agree, and I do enjoy intelligent discussions/arguments.

Your friend is evidence that while one can fully understand and believe in something intellectually, if one does not feel and believe it at a gut-level then there's no convincing oneself of its validity. For his sake, I hope that at some point he did or will be able to believe, if that is what he wants.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I don't know what he wanted, bb. I've long since given up trying to understand what anyone wants in this regard because I just don't feel as others might do.

As I've grown old(er) I am more aware how different my approach is from that of many others - even from those who don't need any persuasion. Only moments ago I declined a request for me to explain something that at an earlier time I would have bent over backwards to try to help with. I still try to help where I think I might have something to offer but I'm much more selective about what I discuss or debate. With age comes wisdom - yeah, right! With age comes laziness and avoidance! :D

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much for answering these questions, well.. all of you. Everything has been very enlightening!

The question I have for the moment is this: I've had dreams where the soul of one of my loved ones told me that they got to go help in the creation of the heavens; such as new stars and planets. Is there any truth to that? Or am I just having random dreams where I'm missing people too much?

And for Mikey, if there's ever a chance you get to meet any of my siblings, tell them hi!

Mikey will answer in due course but in the meantime I offer a few personal thoughts.

Dreams may be enlightening but can't be relied upon to give insight into the subjects you've raised. My own view is that it's unlikely your loved ones will be helping the way you've asked about.

I haven't found any detailed guidance about how the creation of astronomical objects occurs but what I have heard is that they've been created - maybe are still being created - by entities vastly more spiritually-advanced than any of us mortals, and especially recently deceased mortals, are likely to be.

My guess is that your wishes and imaginings are coloring your dreams but you are DEFINITELY not missing anyone too much. There is no amount of missing someone that is too much except perhaps in others' opinions.

On your final point, looking back at questions put to Mikey it will be found others have asked if Mikey knows or can meet up with individuals personal to the enquirer. In most situations Mikey's answer is that he doesn't know, has no link to, individuals he did not know when he was incarnate. It's very uncommon for Mikey or anyone else to make contact with - or 'bump into' - someone he/they didn't know or have some kind of connection to in this life. The exception to that is where there is a prior connection/relationship such as that involving others from your soul group / soul cell.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I know the last part is a huge crapshoot. I've learned that nothing is out of the question these days though!
Nothing is out of the question through some people's eyes but they may not be authoritative sources of information.

There are sound reasons and explanations for the various points I've made but listening to / reading about what certain folk think/say without an overall context is unlikely to be helpful and can be very misleading.

Ruby

Established Member
Mikey will answer in due course but in the meantime I offer a few personal thoughts.

Dreams may be enlightening but can't be relied upon to give insight into the subjects you've raised. My own view is that it's unlikely your loved ones will be helping the way you've asked about.

I haven't found any detailed guidance about how the creation of astronomical objects occurs but what I have heard is that they've been created - maybe are still being created - by entities vastly more spiritually-advanced than any of us mortals, and especially recently deceased mortals, are likely to be.

My guess is that your wishes and imaginings are coloring your dreams but you are DEFINITELY not missing anyone too much. There is no amount of missing someone that is too much except perhaps in others' opinions.

On your final point, looking back at questions put to Mikey it will be found others have asked if Mikey knows or can meet up with individuals personal to the enquirer. In most situations Mikey's answer is that he doesn't know, has no link to, individuals he did not know when he was incarnate. It's very uncommon for Mikey or anyone else to make contact with - or 'bump into' - someone he/they didn't know or have some kind of connection to in this life. The exception to that is where there is a prior connection/relationship such as that involving others from your soul group / soul cell.

Mac, regarding your last paragraph, I seem to remember you wrote in reply to me a while ago that disincarnates do make new contacts/friends/however they may perceive others in their dimension? I had thought otherwise before your previous comment, and would be frankly bored hanging out for all eternity with my "loved ones", however lovable they are, especially now we've had a shot of it with the lockdown!

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Mac, regarding your last paragraph, I seem to remember you wrote in reply to me a while ago that disincarnates do make new contacts/friends/however they may perceive others in their dimension?
You have remembered correctly, Ruby. But our new member's remark did not relate to the making of new friends....

I had thought otherwise before your previous comment, and would be frankly bored hanging out for all eternity with my "loved ones", however lovable they are, especially now we've had a shot of it with the lockdown!
My god how boring would the etheric dimensions be if we were stuck only with the family and friends we had as incarnates! :D

Two things are important here. Firstly we can make friends, have associations, mix with others when we're not living in-the-body in much the same way as we can as incarnates. Secondly we already have associations, friendships and love for those in our soul-cells. (or 'soul-groups') It should also be considered that a soul cell may have a very large number of souls in it, all of whom we have a relationship with, an affinity for, probably in varying degrees according to the detailed relationships we've had in the past. It's been taught that we will have had different and changing familial relationships with these individuals in earlier lives, potentially many.

It's perhaps hard for folk to get their heads around the aspect of life and death this time around being just that; they're both being experienced this-time-around. But this probably/possibly wasn't our first incarnation (it will be for some, of course) and it's almost certainly not going to be our last. We lived elsewhere and elsewhen before we came to this dimension and will do both again when we leave it.

To help our new member and anyone else following, this is an example of my earlier remark: "....listening to / reading about what certain folk think/say without an overall context is unlikely to be helpful and can be very misleading." :)