member responses and conversations - general

Lola Hoovler

Crap, well then that definitely explains the high number of Earthbounds
That's strange because two out of body travelers (Cyrus Kirkpatrick and Jurgen Ziewe) have spent countless hours in the astral realms, and both say just the opposite - in other words, some places are so much like earth that it's not easy to tell the difference, and that most earthly desires can be experienced there.

Nirvana

Significant Contributor
That's strange because two out of body travelers (Cyrus Kirkpatrick and Jurgen Ziewe) have spent countless hours in the astral realms, and both say just the opposite - in other words, some places are so much like earth that it's not easy to tell the difference, and that most earthly desires can be experienced there.

maybe they're phony...

genewardsmith

That sounds as if they are saying the astral realms they are exploring are on a low level and close to the earth plane.

mac

janitor / administrator
Questions for Carol.
1. How religious were you?
2. Have you read christian or mystical literature before, and if so, which one?
3. Christianity also speaks of the afterlife, why did it not comfort you in those days?

Reading my questions, I understand why I am not invited to parties and catechism courses :(

Voxman I am referring you to 'Our Rules and Policies' which includes this section:

"Religion and Politics
No conversations mentioning specific religions, faiths or beliefs etc. are allowed. "

The questions you've asked (quoted above) are getting close to infringing this rule as would any conversation concerning cathechism.

Beyond that, however, my personal response is that spirits love an enquiring mind and questions concerning afterlife and related spiritual issues will be treated in a similar way here. Please note that many such subjects have already been discussed on ALF. ;) I'm sure you will have seen this since you became a member. :)

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
I am not going to preach or challenge anyone's beliefs. My questions are a reaction to what Carol has already said in this thread. I tried not to mention the denomination.

A translator doesn't always handle with my sense of humor. And with meaning too.

People have been asking these questions in different ways since time immemorial, but I tried to give them unusual shapes. Did not work out. But the attempt, I hope, counted.

mac

janitor / administrator
I am not going to preach or challenge anyone's beliefs. My questions are a reaction to what Carol has already said in this thread. I tried not to mention the denomination.

But you did refer to Christianity......

A translator doesn't always handle with my sense of humor.

Your questions were hardly a subject for humour....

And with meaning too.

People have been asking these questions in different ways since time immemorial, but I tried to give them unusual shapes. Did not work out. But the attempt, I hope, counted.

Your other questions are fine and my earlier remarks weren't to do with their meaning or shapes. Mikey will reply in due course. :)

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
I will ask you a question in private messages, if you do not mind. Because questions about the rules are off-top in this thread.

mac

janitor / administrator
I will ask you a question in private messages, if you do not mind. Because questions about the rules are off-top in this thread.
Why not ask your question in the 'Off Topic' forum where the answer can be seen by all members?

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
Because these question affect this particular situation and continue the same conversation.

mac

janitor / administrator
Because these question affect this particular situation and continue the same conversation.
It would have been better to have done what I asked but you've chosen not to and that's your right. As for the last few postings, I will shortly be re-locating them anyway as I'm now trying to keep the C&M Q&A thread just for questions to Mikey, his answers and 'thank you' responses. Conversations that then develop in this thread - but don't involve Mikey directly - will be moved to other threads.