member responses and conversations - general

mac

janitor and administrator
Staff member
Exactly mac,I mean I think there is probably more good spirits than bad,at least with the people I've lost are all good,so why dont they just do what mikey says,if it's that easy and I'm lead to believe most of our beloved who have passed on are all around us, why when u ask say for them to flash a light for example why dont they do just do it?
I do understand your position, David. Maybe they ARE doing it more than we realise. Maybe we just don't see or appreciate what they've done? Maybe it's more complex than it appears to us on the receiving end?

It might be reasonable to think that as we're discussiong this conundrum any of our loved ones around us would look for a way to 'send a sign' for each of us that each of us would recognise. But what on earth would we each separately recognise as signs?o_O

mac

Staff member
I think I've written here, somewhere, about a friend who had tried to send an attachment with a message to a contact only to find the attachment didn't arrive. And then when she went looking for the original file she found it had disappeared from her computer. Coincidence or had it been deliberately deleted by an unseen individual in spirit, someone with a negative intention?

Last edited:

Storybud68

I'm not sure mac,I mean if they know we are looking for obvious validation, that there ok in the afterlife and it means for sure it will be confirmation for us and they surely know to make it obvious to our senses as humans, why not just do it?I mean if it's as easy as in using electricity as mikey says,why not?well that's very intresting indeed mac,I've heard of this stuff happening before,I also wander mac ,maybe there are certain rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth
I think I've written here, somewhere, about a friend who had tried to send an attachment with a message to a contact only to find the attachment didn't arrive. And then when she went looking for the original file she found it had disappeared from her computer. Coincidence or had it been deliberately deleted by an unseen individual in spirit, someone with a negative intention?

Storybud68

This is very interesting mac,and I have often wandered are there maybe rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth.

mac

Staff member
Hi Genewardsmith,
Mikey tells me "no" to your first question from his perspective. He personally does not have helpers.
Mikey tells me he does all his communication himself.

But he does have one helper, Carol, without whom he wouldn't be communicating with us here and now the way he does.;) You're vital for that communication.

Mikey tells me the more spiritually advanced, the greater the potential is for communication. He also says that the advanced soul most often has not been to this earthly dimension for awhile, therefore, the need for communication may not exist so much for them here, if that makes sense. There interests can be elsewhere from Mikey's viewpoint.
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

My guess concerning this paragraph is that Mikey is telling us that the more spiritually advanced an individual is the less the need to communicate in ways we would be aware of. Presumably those individuals would use alternative ways to impress their help and guidance, perhaps by 'inspiring-from-afar' individuals in our world.

The older I get the more I'm aware of individuals with a burning desire to bring about all manner of positive change in our world. At one time I would admire their efforts but wonder how and why they could be so motivated. Now I think I see they're inspired by spiritual helpers. I don't know if they're consciously aware they're inspired or who is doing it (they may just think or say it's 'God') but I see in their actions the outcomes of the inspiration they're getting from afar.

Maybe that's what Mikey means when he says their interest is from elsewhere and that they have no need for the (verbal) communication we expect or hope for.

mac

Staff member
I'm not sure mac,I mean if they know we are looking for obvious validation, that there ok in the afterlife and it means for sure it will be confirmation for us and they surely know to make it obvious to our senses as humans, why not just do it?I mean if it's as easy as in using electricity as mikey says,why not?well that's very intresting indeed mac,I've heard of this stuff happening before,I also wander mac ,maybe there are certain rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth

I've asked later in this conversation, David, (posting #59 above) if Mikey will add further thoughts on what we've been 'saying'.

I fully agree with you, Mac. Something in my gut tells me this is true. For one thing, it is usually easier for spiritual helpers to reach a person when they are older and more reflective, as they are almost always less preoccupied with careers etc., and the urge to "get ahead". They are also less likely to be as materialistic as when they were younger, thus lessening the "gap" between ourselves and spiritual helpers.

Nirvana

this is such a creepy system - the thick veil and reincarnation, and higher selves setting up hellish lives to live, etc.

the not knowing undoubtedly what happens after death

mac

Staff member
this is such a creepy system - the thick veil and reincarnation, and higher selves setting up hellish lives to live, etc.

the not knowing undoubtedly what happens after death
If you're confident about your beliefs why come to this website?

mac

Staff member
I think he meant that the afterlife system is creepy, not this website.
Oh I got that, Lola, but why come to a website predicated on there being an afterlife very much different from the way that long-term member thinks of and describes it?

I don't know what his version of the afterlife is as I hear so little from him, but on looking back at past postings from various people, I realize I missed out on some fascinating discussions that happened before I came here. Someone could spend days on here reading past discussions - it's truly mind boggling.

mac

Staff member
I don't know what his version of the afterlife is as I hear so little from him, but on looking back at past postings from various people, I realize I missed out on some fascinating discussions that happened before I came here. Someone could spend days on here reading past discussions - it's truly mind boggling.

We've certainly covered a wide range of topics! Some conversations may be illuminating but you could spend a long time reading others without getting much farther forward. ;)

Very true, and of course some sounded downright crazy, but for the most part, I found them very interesting. I also loved most of the questions addressed to Mikey. That's a learning experience all by itself!

mac

Staff member
Very true, and of course some sounded downright crazy, but for the most part, I found them very interesting. I also loved most of the questions addressed to Mikey. That's a learning experience all by itself!

Indeed it is!

We members of ALF are privileged to hear the thoughts and ideas of a spiritually advanced teacher in the way we do and to be able to ask him personal questions. Few enjoy such a privilege.

We should also acknowledge, though, the work Carol puts in firstly communicating our questions then listening to and watching for Mikey's answers before eventually sitting down and typing everything out. As well as holding down a full-time job! :)

kudos

Indeed it is!

We members of ALF are privileged to hear the thoughts and ideas of a spiritually advanced teacher in the way we do and to be able to ask him personal questions. Few enjoy such a privilege.

We should also acknowledge, though, the work Carol puts in firstly communicating our questions then listening to and watching for Mikey's answers before eventually sitting down and typing everything out. As well as holding down a full-time job! :)

kudos

It certainly is a unique situation. Many would not believe this could actually happen.

mac

Staff member
Mikey does say there are entertainers that like to "perform" in the afterlife. This does happen. As time goes on, (though there is no time but Mikey does not know how else to explain it for us to understand), certain entertainers may move on to other things. Especially if they reincarnate again. Each of our lives has new adventures! So your last paragraph correlates with Mikey's perspective he tells me!
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go.... Perhaps that need passes 'in time' as individuals settle to a more quiet, maybe reflective life in the etheric world. And as with any ordinary, non-celebrity individual the urge to move spiritually forward will eventually be the bigger motivator.

mac

Staff member
It certainly is a unique situation. Many would not believe this could actually happen.
For those unknowledgeable and inexperienced so much of what's talked about here and elsewhere must sound pretty much 'out there'. But I take your point. :)

I have often wondered what the ratio here is of 'believers' to 'not yet persuaded'.

It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go.... Perhaps that need passes 'in time' as individuals settle to a more quiet, maybe reflective life in the etheric world. And as with any ordinary, non-celebrity individual the urge to move spiritually forward will eventually be the bigger motivator.

It would depend on the performer. No one could force an artist to perform, but many define themselves by their music, and this could last a short time or many years in our time. I've heard from mediums, authors etc. that performers are rather common there.

mac

Staff member
It would depend on the performer. No one could force an artist to perform, but many define themselves by their music, and this could last a short time or many years in our time. I've heard from mediums, authors etc. that performers are rather common there.
As I wrote earlier: "It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go..."

One's identity is made up from various components and for performers of most kinds I'd expect them to feel their specialty is very much part of their identity. As you indicate from the sources you've quoted, Lola, performers - celebrities of one kind or another - are rather common there and for my money that's how I'd expect things to be in the 'lower levels' of the etheric dimensions.

mac

Staff member
Hi Carol and thanks for your thoughts. :) I do appreciate why you've written about your own experiences publicly to try to help those searching and grieving for lost loved ones. My thoughts, here, are more for you than intended as questions to be asked of Mikey. I will later move this posting into the 'general' thread, as with other side-conversations, to avoid disrupting the C&M Q&A thread focus.

The field of signs and symbols IS a difficult one and although we need to encourage individuals to be open and positive I'm aware of how it is for those who 'get' nothing because I have never been aware of a sign or message for me. That's not to say I haven't had confirmation of all this 'spooks stuff' but only that it's not come in ways I've recognised near the time things happened.

As I wrote earlier I've linked stuff well after the events came to pass and I don't struggle with the notion of survival anyway. I feel for those who aren't yet persuaded, aren't aware of signs despite asking, yet 'hear' accounts from those privileged to have had such experiences. :( And I use the word 'privileged' deliberately; I consider all of us to be privileged when we know that survival is for real.

Here in the USA I am unable to suggest to seekers they should consider a visit to a Spiritualist church to both witness communication through mediumship and maybe find it for themselves. In my homeland of the UK I can and do refer folk to their nearest local church or center where - despite my general pessimism about the movement of Spiritualism - many of us Brits can find churches within a short distance of home, often with a choice of a number of locations. Sadly my American friends and contacts usually can't and I feel bad for them because visiting a medium is often the easiest path to getting started. Although courses for 'DIY communication' are available I'm unsure how helpful they truly are. What I've 'heard' of them hasn't been persuasive but I don't have much to go on so I try to avoid jumping to conclusions.

I think it's undoubtedly true that some individuals are more receptive to their loved ones reaching out to them. As you've pointed out we're all different and that's the caution I try to give when individuals are hoping for their own evidence of survival. It sometimes feels awfully unfair that one person gets all manner of confirmation whereas another seemingly gets zilch. I only wish others could enjoy a similar level of reassurance I have but I know I have to accept it ain't gonna happen that way.

Within the movement that shaped my early exposure to all this stuff we still have to accept that not everyone will get a message through a medium no matter how many they visit. That's been my biggest disappointment. Not for myself but for those whose lives are miserable because they remain burdened by doubt and uncertainty. It's one reason I continue to try to do whatever little I can to help.

mac

Staff member
A MESSAGE TO ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.

I'm sorry if you've asked a question but not received an answer from Mikey. There has been a large number of recent questions and some got pushed out of sight as the thread grew longer. I've brought forward the ones I've spotted but if I've missed anyone then I apologise. :oops:

Please let me know and I'll sort it out.

A MESSAGE TO ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.

I'm sorry if you've asked a question but not received an answer from Mikey. There has been a large number of recent questions and some got pushed out of sight as the thread grew longer. I've brought forward the ones I've spotted but if I've missed anyone then I apologise. :oops:

Please let me know and I'll sort it out.
Hi mac,

The following questions haven't been answered:
#12 from mac
#18 from mac
#19 from baob
#23 from jobun
#24 from mac
#29 from mac

Thanks!

mac

Staff member
Hi mac,

The following questions haven't been answered:
#12 from mac
#18 from mac
#19 from baob
#23 from jobun
#24 from mac
#29 from mac

Thanks!
I've been checking these above. After I had earlier today re-posted those I saw were missing the software appears to have re-numbered the postings because the ones you've quoted above look different from those I'm seeing.