member responses and conversations - general

mac

Administrator
Could I reincarnate to have an actually enjoyable life the next go-around?
It's going to be your choice. You'll make a decision that will be right for you at the time you make it. And when you have more information and support/guidance with which to make the best choice to try to achieve what you decide would be right for you...

mac

Administrator
Hi David,
Mikey tells me he was in the area of America his lifetime before this. Has also been in the area of Germany. (Not sure what you mean by Christian names.)
Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
(Honestly, I never ask him about my or his previous lives as I just want to get through this one! )
I think David asking about Christian names (first names - the word 'Christian is anyway a misnomer when you're not a Christian! :D) might have been wondering who Mikey was in previous lifetimes and what name(s) he was known by.

As an incidental but related point, spirit guide and teacher 'Silver Birch' (the pseudonym he was known by) would not say who he used to be or say much about his earlier incarnations.

It later emerged though that he had also been known as 'Big Jump' but I don't know if that meant he had lived as a North American tribes-person. He did, though, appear to prefer he wasn't known by that last name, perhaps because he felt it might be a distraction.

His message was always that his message mattered but not his name or who he used to be.

Storybud68

:D I hear you, Carol! :D

I find it fascinating what folk ask Mikey about. Some ask questions I consider basic 'afterlife' understanding. Others want to know just about themselves. Another individual may ask philosophical questions and I like to hear about the practical, everyday stuff. We are all fascinated in our own ways. On a personal level I happen to be less interested in philosophical issues because many have been addressed by teachers and guides already and even they can differ about certain points.

What no-one can challenge, however, are the experiences Mikey has 'over there' and they can give us invaluable insight into situations we might otherwise not understand. One illustration of this is the way Mikey still likes to snowboard on mountains, something that links to a question recently asked about the 'reality' of what's experienced 'over there'.

Although that relates to Mikey's experience since he last returned it has general importance because it links to what folk often wonder about - is what you experience when you're dead actually real?
I think you have this point very well put here mac.I often wander what it feels like in the afterlife as opposed to here,its hard to imagine it being more real than here, maybe its because it's all I know from where I currently am,I often imagine the afterlife as more of a kind of dream state.I would love it to be every bit as real as here in a nice wayDavid

mac

Administrator
I think you have this point very well put here mac.I often wander what it feels like in the afterlife as opposed to here,its hard to imagine it being more real than here, maybe its because it's all I know from where I currently am,I often imagine the afterlife as more of a kind of dream state.I would love it to be every bit as real as here in a nice wayDavid

thanks, David :)

I've heard folk speak about how this so-called afterlife is 'more real' than the dimension we're living in now. I don't buy it. What I suspect they mean is that our senses are heightened, our awareness greater, our feelings/sensations more intense and more pleasurable, surroundings more 'vivid' and 'sharp' etc. Perhaps kinda like HD television seemed when it first came out compared with the standard definition screens we had earlier. UHD and 4K are now even more intense, rich and vivid and that's kinda how I think the scenery and environment will feel to us - everything more intense. But not more real....

I understand how you explain the way you feel, though. The 'dreaminess' you picture is actually portrayed that way in the movie film 'Nosso Lar' also known as 'The Astral City'. Kinda hazy, misty and dream-like and that may be the creators' interpretation of Chico Xavier's explanation translated into a movie format.

If you haven't seen the movie take a look here:

mac

Administrator
Hi Carol & Mikey

There seems to be a lot more negative energy in the world these days . Is it possible that one day the Earth becomes so heavily entrenched with negativity, that it will no longer be a desirable place to learn and expand spiritually? Is there hope that all of this negativity will eventually go away and more positivity will emerge?

There MAY be a lot more negative energy but which benchmark do you use to assess that? Look back at wars in centuries past and also the recent, huge world wars and how much negative energy is involved in those. It's easy to find what you're looking for and miss what you're not, resulting in a skewed overall perspective.

As for the future well that's not set in stone so who knows what dreams may come? ;):D

mac

Administrator
My mother suffered from severe paranoid schizophrenia & hallucinated all day every day for probably 60 years experiencing constant auditory hallucinations. For much of her life my mother’s schizophrenia was undiagnosed & untreated & even after she was diagnosed treatment was ineffective. My father had the emotional development of a child and was incapable of supporting his wife or children in a normal way. Over the last 15 years of his life my father's emotional coldness grew worse & he became insane, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia & died badly. As you would expect growing up in such a situation with no support or explanation of what was happening was 'challenging' for me.

My question for Mikey
is are such challenging situations intentionally chosen before coming here for the 'lessons' to be learned or are they a result of the randomness necessary for life here to have an element of spontaneity to it?

What a dreadful situation for both your parents. Mikey will speak for himself but in the meantime my thoughts are that similar questions can't be answered definitively but it's often been said that such lives are indeed chosen as part of the pre-incarnation planning.

Quite whether all three of you chose to experience what you did also can't be answered definitively but based on previous conversations I'm expecting Mikey will say you likely did.

Lola Hoovler

Crap, well then that definitely explains the high number of Earthbounds
That's strange because two out of body travelers (Cyrus Kirkpatrick and Jurgen Ziewe) have spent countless hours in the astral realms, and both say just the opposite - in other words, some places are so much like earth that it's not easy to tell the difference, and that most earthly desires can be experienced there.

Nirvana

Significant Contributor
That's strange because two out of body travelers (Cyrus Kirkpatrick and Jurgen Ziewe) have spent countless hours in the astral realms, and both say just the opposite - in other words, some places are so much like earth that it's not easy to tell the difference, and that most earthly desires can be experienced there.

maybe they're phony...

genewardsmith

That sounds as if they are saying the astral realms they are exploring are on a low level and close to the earth plane.

mac

Administrator
Questions for Carol.
1. How religious were you?
2. Have you read christian or mystical literature before, and if so, which one?
3. Christianity also speaks of the afterlife, why did it not comfort you in those days?

Reading my questions, I understand why I am not invited to parties and catechism courses :(

Voxman I am referring you to 'Our Rules and Policies' which includes this section:

"Religion and Politics
No conversations mentioning specific religions, faiths or beliefs etc. are allowed. "

The questions you've asked (quoted above) are getting close to infringing this rule as would any conversation concerning cathechism.

Beyond that, however, my personal response is that spirits love an enquiring mind and questions concerning afterlife and related spiritual issues will be treated in a similar way here. Please note that many such subjects have already been discussed on ALF. ;) I'm sure you will have seen this since you became a member. :)

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
I am not going to preach or challenge anyone's beliefs. My questions are a reaction to what Carol has already said in this thread. I tried not to mention the denomination.

A translator doesn't always handle with my sense of humor. And with meaning too.

People have been asking these questions in different ways since time immemorial, but I tried to give them unusual shapes. Did not work out. But the attempt, I hope, counted.

mac

Administrator
I am not going to preach or challenge anyone's beliefs. My questions are a reaction to what Carol has already said in this thread. I tried not to mention the denomination.

But you did refer to Christianity......

A translator doesn't always handle with my sense of humor.

Your questions were hardly a subject for humour....

And with meaning too.

People have been asking these questions in different ways since time immemorial, but I tried to give them unusual shapes. Did not work out. But the attempt, I hope, counted.

Your other questions are fine and my earlier remarks weren't to do with their meaning or shapes. Mikey will reply in due course. :)

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
I will ask you a question in private messages, if you do not mind. Because questions about the rules are off-top in this thread.

mac

Administrator
I will ask you a question in private messages, if you do not mind. Because questions about the rules are off-top in this thread.
Why not ask your question in the 'Off Topic' forum where the answer can be seen by all members?

Voxman90

Occasional Contributor
Because these question affect this particular situation and continue the same conversation.

mac

Administrator
Because these question affect this particular situation and continue the same conversation.
It would have been better to have done what I asked but you've chosen not to and that's your right. As for the last few postings, I will shortly be re-locating them anyway as I'm now trying to keep the C&M Q&A thread just for questions to Mikey, his answers and 'thank you' responses. Conversations that then develop in this thread - but don't involve Mikey directly - will be moved to other threads.

Kurt

Major Contributor
A new decade, a new thread. I cannot pass up the rare opportunity to say First. This thread will be read decades and maybe even a century from now (if it's made into book form) so I'll sign here as a participant.

mac

Administrator
A new decade, a new thread. I cannot pass up the rare opportunity to say First. This thread will be read decades and maybe even a century from now (if it's made into book form) so I'll sign here as a participant.
It's a nice sentiment that this thread will be read in the distant future but the reality may be very different if the thread even exists at all. And as I've already indicated I'm re-locating 'off-topic' postings to leave the C&M thread mostly for member questions, Mikey's answers and thanks.

mac

Administrator
Im in just to declare that I was one of the final posters.

Also a question for Mickey

Does the afterlife ever get.. boring?

Well actually, Kurt, you're now one of the first in the new thread.... ;):D

But it's Mikey Morgan and not Mickey. On that point maybe you're mixing his name up with Micky, the spirit guide of famous trance medium Leslie Flint: The Voice Box

Storybud68

Exactly mac,I mean I think there is probably more good spirits than bad,at least with the people I've lost are all good,so why dont they just do what mikey says,if it's that easy and I'm lead to believe most of our beloved who have passed on are all around us, why when u ask say for them to flash a light for example why dont they do just do it?

mac

Administrator
Exactly mac,I mean I think there is probably more good spirits than bad,at least with the people I've lost are all good,so why dont they just do what mikey says,if it's that easy and I'm lead to believe most of our beloved who have passed on are all around us, why when u ask say for them to flash a light for example why dont they do just do it?
I do understand your position, David. Maybe they ARE doing it more than we realise. Maybe we just don't see or appreciate what they've done? Maybe it's more complex than it appears to us on the receiving end?

It might be reasonable to think that as we're discussiong this conundrum any of our loved ones around us would look for a way to 'send a sign' for each of us that each of us would recognise. But what on earth would we each separately recognise as signs?o_O

mac

Administrator
I think I've written here, somewhere, about a friend who had tried to send an attachment with a message to a contact only to find the attachment didn't arrive. And then when she went looking for the original file she found it had disappeared from her computer. Coincidence or had it been deliberately deleted by an unseen individual in spirit, someone with a negative intention?

Last edited:

Storybud68

I'm not sure mac,I mean if they know we are looking for obvious validation, that there ok in the afterlife and it means for sure it will be confirmation for us and they surely know to make it obvious to our senses as humans, why not just do it?I mean if it's as easy as in using electricity as mikey says,why not?well that's very intresting indeed mac,I've heard of this stuff happening before,I also wander mac ,maybe there are certain rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth
I think I've written here, somewhere, about a friend who had tried to send an attachment with a message to a contact only to find the attachment didn't arrive. And then when she went looking for the original file she found it had disappeared from her computer. Coincidence or had it been deliberately deleted by an unseen individual in spirit, someone with a negative intention?

Storybud68

This is very interesting mac,and I have often wandered are there maybe rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth.

mac

Administrator
Hi Genewardsmith,
Mikey tells me "no" to your first question from his perspective. He personally does not have helpers.
Mikey tells me he does all his communication himself.

But he does have one helper, Carol, without whom he wouldn't be communicating with us here and now the way he does.;) You're vital for that communication.

Mikey tells me the more spiritually advanced, the greater the potential is for communication. He also says that the advanced soul most often has not been to this earthly dimension for awhile, therefore, the need for communication may not exist so much for them here, if that makes sense. There interests can be elsewhere from Mikey's viewpoint.

My guess concerning this paragraph is that Mikey is telling us that the more spiritually advanced an individual is the less the need to communicate in ways we would be aware of. Presumably those individuals would use alternative ways to impress their help and guidance, perhaps by 'inspiring-from-afar' individuals in our world.

The older I get the more I'm aware of individuals with a burning desire to bring about all manner of positive change in our world. At one time I would admire their efforts but wonder how and why they could be so motivated. Now I think I see they're inspired by spiritual helpers. I don't know if they're consciously aware they're inspired or who is doing it (they may just think or say it's 'God') but I see in their actions the outcomes of the inspiration they're getting from afar.

Maybe that's what Mikey means when he says their interest is from elsewhere and that they have no need for the (verbal) communication we expect or hope for.

mac

Administrator
I'm not sure mac,I mean if they know we are looking for obvious validation, that there ok in the afterlife and it means for sure it will be confirmation for us and they surely know to make it obvious to our senses as humans, why not just do it?I mean if it's as easy as in using electricity as mikey says,why not?well that's very intresting indeed mac,I've heard of this stuff happening before,I also wander mac ,maybe there are certain rules on the other side regarding contacting us here on earth

I've asked later in this conversation, David, (posting #59 above) if Mikey will add further thoughts on what we've been 'saying'.

Lola Hoovler

I fully agree with you, Mac. Something in my gut tells me this is true. For one thing, it is usually easier for spiritual helpers to reach a person when they are older and more reflective, as they are almost always less preoccupied with careers etc., and the urge to "get ahead". They are also less likely to be as materialistic as when they were younger, thus lessening the "gap" between ourselves and spiritual helpers.

Nirvana

Significant Contributor
this is such a creepy system - the thick veil and reincarnation, and higher selves setting up hellish lives to live, etc.

the not knowing undoubtedly what happens after death

mac

Administrator
this is such a creepy system - the thick veil and reincarnation, and higher selves setting up hellish lives to live, etc.

the not knowing undoubtedly what happens after death
If you're confident about your beliefs why come to this website?

mac

Administrator
I think he meant that the afterlife system is creepy, not this website.
Oh I got that, Lola, but why come to a website predicated on there being an afterlife very much different from the way that long-term member thinks of and describes it?

Lola Hoovler

I don't know what his version of the afterlife is as I hear so little from him, but on looking back at past postings from various people, I realize I missed out on some fascinating discussions that happened before I came here. Someone could spend days on here reading past discussions - it's truly mind boggling.

mac

Administrator
I don't know what his version of the afterlife is as I hear so little from him, but on looking back at past postings from various people, I realize I missed out on some fascinating discussions that happened before I came here. Someone could spend days on here reading past discussions - it's truly mind boggling.

We've certainly covered a wide range of topics! Some conversations may be illuminating but you could spend a long time reading others without getting much farther forward. ;)

Lola Hoovler

Very true, and of course some sounded downright crazy, but for the most part, I found them very interesting. I also loved most of the questions addressed to Mikey. That's a learning experience all by itself!

mac

Administrator
Very true, and of course some sounded downright crazy, but for the most part, I found them very interesting. I also loved most of the questions addressed to Mikey. That's a learning experience all by itself!

Indeed it is!

We members of ALF are privileged to hear the thoughts and ideas of a spiritually advanced teacher in the way we do and to be able to ask him personal questions. Few enjoy such a privilege.

We should also acknowledge, though, the work Carol puts in firstly communicating our questions then listening to and watching for Mikey's answers before eventually sitting down and typing everything out. As well as holding down a full-time job! :)

kudos

Lola Hoovler

Indeed it is!

We members of ALF are privileged to hear the thoughts and ideas of a spiritually advanced teacher in the way we do and to be able to ask him personal questions. Few enjoy such a privilege.

We should also acknowledge, though, the work Carol puts in firstly communicating our questions then listening to and watching for Mikey's answers before eventually sitting down and typing everything out. As well as holding down a full-time job! :)

kudos

It certainly is a unique situation. Many would not believe this could actually happen.

mac

Administrator
Mikey does say there are entertainers that like to "perform" in the afterlife. This does happen. As time goes on, (though there is no time but Mikey does not know how else to explain it for us to understand), certain entertainers may move on to other things. Especially if they reincarnate again. Each of our lives has new adventures! So your last paragraph correlates with Mikey's perspective he tells me!

It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go.... Perhaps that need passes 'in time' as individuals settle to a more quiet, maybe reflective life in the etheric world. And as with any ordinary, non-celebrity individual the urge to move spiritually forward will eventually be the bigger motivator.

mac

Administrator
It certainly is a unique situation. Many would not believe this could actually happen.
For those unknowledgeable and inexperienced so much of what's talked about here and elsewhere must sound pretty much 'out there'. But I take your point. :)

I have often wondered what the ratio here is of 'believers' to 'not yet persuaded'.

Lola Hoovler

It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go.... Perhaps that need passes 'in time' as individuals settle to a more quiet, maybe reflective life in the etheric world. And as with any ordinary, non-celebrity individual the urge to move spiritually forward will eventually be the bigger motivator.

It would depend on the performer. No one could force an artist to perform, but many define themselves by their music, and this could last a short time or many years in our time. I've heard from mediums, authors etc. that performers are rather common there.

mac

Administrator
It would depend on the performer. No one could force an artist to perform, but many define themselves by their music, and this could last a short time or many years in our time. I've heard from mediums, authors etc. that performers are rather common there.
As I wrote earlier: "It's looking to me, then, that (some) performers and entertainers may stay that way after their passing. I suppose celebrity is something hard to let go..."

One's identity is made up from various components and for performers of most kinds I'd expect them to feel their specialty is very much part of their identity. As you indicate from the sources you've quoted, Lola, performers - celebrities of one kind or another - are rather common there and for my money that's how I'd expect things to be in the 'lower levels' of the etheric dimensions.

mac

Administrator
Hi Carol and thanks for your thoughts. :) I do appreciate why you've written about your own experiences publicly to try to help those searching and grieving for lost loved ones. My thoughts, here, are more for you than intended as questions to be asked of Mikey. I will later move this posting into the 'general' thread, as with other side-conversations, to avoid disrupting the C&M Q&A thread focus.

The field of signs and symbols IS a difficult one and although we need to encourage individuals to be open and positive I'm aware of how it is for those who 'get' nothing because I have never been aware of a sign or message for me. That's not to say I haven't had confirmation of all this 'spooks stuff' but only that it's not come in ways I've recognised near the time things happened.

As I wrote earlier I've linked stuff well after the events came to pass and I don't struggle with the notion of survival anyway. I feel for those who aren't yet persuaded, aren't aware of signs despite asking, yet 'hear' accounts from those privileged to have had such experiences. :( And I use the word 'privileged' deliberately; I consider all of us to be privileged when we know that survival is for real.

Here in the USA I am unable to suggest to seekers they should consider a visit to a Spiritualist church to both witness communication through mediumship and maybe find it for themselves. In my homeland of the UK I can and do refer folk to their nearest local church or center where - despite my general pessimism about the movement of Spiritualism - many of us Brits can find churches within a short distance of home, often with a choice of a number of locations. Sadly my American friends and contacts usually can't and I feel bad for them because visiting a medium is often the easiest path to getting started. Although courses for 'DIY communication' are available I'm unsure how helpful they truly are. What I've 'heard' of them hasn't been persuasive but I don't have much to go on so I try to avoid jumping to conclusions.

I think it's undoubtedly true that some individuals are more receptive to their loved ones reaching out to them. As you've pointed out we're all different and that's the caution I try to give when individuals are hoping for their own evidence of survival. It sometimes feels awfully unfair that one person gets all manner of confirmation whereas another seemingly gets zilch. I only wish others could enjoy a similar level of reassurance I have but I know I have to accept it ain't gonna happen that way.

Within the movement that shaped my early exposure to all this stuff we still have to accept that not everyone will get a message through a medium no matter how many they visit. That's been my biggest disappointment. Not for myself but for those whose lives are miserable because they remain burdened by doubt and uncertainty. It's one reason I continue to try to do whatever little I can to help.

mac

Administrator
A MESSAGE TO ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.

I'm sorry if you've asked a question but not received an answer from Mikey. There has been a large number of recent questions and some got pushed out of sight as the thread grew longer. I've brought forward the ones I've spotted but if I've missed anyone then I apologise. :oops:

Please let me know and I'll sort it out.

baob

A MESSAGE TO ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD.

I'm sorry if you've asked a question but not received an answer from Mikey. There has been a large number of recent questions and some got pushed out of sight as the thread grew longer. I've brought forward the ones I've spotted but if I've missed anyone then I apologise. :oops:

Please let me know and I'll sort it out.
Hi mac,

The following questions haven't been answered:
#12 from mac
#18 from mac
#19 from baob
#23 from jobun
#24 from mac
#29 from mac

Thanks!

mac

Administrator
Hi mac,

The following questions haven't been answered:
#12 from mac
#18 from mac
#19 from baob
#23 from jobun
#24 from mac
#29 from mac

Thanks!
I've been checking these above. After I had earlier today re-posted those I saw were missing the software appears to have re-numbered the postings because the ones you've quoted above look different from those I'm seeing.

mac

Administrator
Thanks for that - my earlier changes did result in different posting numbers being assigned to the remaining postings hence the differences compared with your earlier hard copy. I'll get things sorted - thanks for coming back to me.

genewardsmith

Oh I got that from the way he had expressed his approach earlier. :) Mikey was/is speaking about how things are presently for him but I was speaking about how things will be for us all at a much more distant point.

Our understanding of this differs. :)

ACIM agrees with Mikey, for those who find it authoritative.

mac

Administrator
ACIM agrees with Mikey, for those who find it authoritative.

I also agreed with Mikey - in part.

For reference, which authoritative source(s) provide(s) information for ACIM on the specific topic I'd been writing about, the situation of spirits re-merging with their source? It's that specific area where mine and Mikey's perspectives differ.

mac

Administrator
If your understanding of it is correct, what would be the point (of us all joining with god/source/whatever and losing all individuality)?

To respond properly, bb, I'd have to refer to details in the guidance that shapes my thinking. I've often pointed out the problem of considering complex concepts in isolation but what I'm now going to do sees me falling into that very trap - but here goes anyway.

In attempting to explain in my own way I say we individual spirits/souls are each on a journey of spiritual experience and discovery. Referring now to the guidance, what we find on our journey is apparently vitally important to the source; it apparently is the 'fuel' that sustains this source of all being. The situation of our being individuals comes about as the means for us to find and 'bring home', bring back to source, this vital fuel. That single issue is key to accepting everything else, even though understanding is likely beyond most or all of us incarnates and perhaps many discarnates alike.

The way I view the situation then is that in effect we are experiencing individuality in this dimension, we have experienced individuality in the dimensions before it and we will continue to experience as individuals lives in all the dimensions after it. That situation will continue to a point which is probably indefinable in any human terms. Beyond that I would need to refer again to the guidance that influences me because I don't have the ability to present adequately using my own words.

Our present human life is simply one of many lives we experience as individuals. Our future lives (if you can accept yet another difficult concept) will find us still as individuals, through to and even beyond the apparently-last of the levels often referred to as level seven. Beyond that level life goes on in ever complex ways but my severely limited brain power leaves me struggling just to grasp the concept. I have no problem accepting the situation but I don't have words to explain it.

To me, that would negate the purpose of all human lives; also, if the "god" in question were sentient, then in my opinion it would have to be a massive egotist to even want that.

On the first point I hope I've been able to present my own approach, bb, and why I don't see things the way you do. As for 'God' being sentient, or considering it as an egotist, then I find both words hopelessly inadequate and inappropriate. Beyond all these arguments the entity we call God is not the ultimate creative something that I refer to as source.

I am not trying to persuade anyone about anything and I'd be astonished if any/many accept what I've said. By now, though, I've come to accept that even the simplest (for me) concepts of survival and communication are unpersuasive for many. Until they have been accepted, though, considering anything beyond is likely to be unproductive and frustrating for anyone trying.

[This conversation will later be moved out of this C&M Q&A thread.]

mac

Administrator
Mikey tells me that this (walk-ins) does not occur here in this dimension when being on earth. He is not aware of this from his perspective.

This notion of so-called walk ins appears to be a 'New Age' one, more to do with the psychic than the spiritual.

In my view it holds more attraction for fantasists than for realists, folk who are intrigued by ghosts, ghoulies and things that go bump in the night. Maybe my impatience is showing when folk spend time looking at such phenomena but may have little interest in the simple message of survival demonstrated through communication?

mac

Administrator
Hi Kim,
Mikey tells me the term soul is used to describe our true being, who we really are; our consciousness. The word spirit is often used to refer to us when we are out of a body (from a human viewpoint) according to Mikey. Our true being is what matters when it comes to our life review from Mikey's perspective. Our spirit / energy is our soul or consciousness. It really depends in what context the word "spirit" is used.
I hope this makes sense! :)

This is a conundrum for others, perhaps many. Folk may think of soul and spirit being fundamentally different and/or separate states of being. Mikey has explained it well.

Folk may notice I often use the word 'discarnate' rather than 'spirit' although I expect the former word might confuse 'em even more! :D But increasingly I'm using the term 'soul/spirit' to signify our immortal, eternal, individual selves as compared to short-lived humans with bodies.

It's intended to avoid the distraction about what's the difference between soul and spirit. Goodness knows if it's successful! :D

mac

Administrator
As previously, I'll later move 'side conversations' between members into the 'follow on' thread to enable seekers to find Mikey's answers more easily - unless C&M prefer they all remain in this thread.

bluebird

Major Contributor
To respond properly, bb, I'd have to refer to details in the guidance that shapes my thinking. I've often pointed out the problem of considering complex concepts in isolation but what I'm now going to do sees me falling into that very trap - but here goes anyway.

In attempting to explain in my own way I say we individual spirits/souls are each on a journey of spiritual experience and discovery. Referring now to the guidance, what we find on our journey is apparently vitally important to the source; it apparently is the 'fuel' that sustains this source of all being. The situation of our being individuals comes about as the means for us to find and 'bring home', bring back to source, this vital fuel. That single issue is key to accepting everything else, even though understanding is likely beyond most or all of us incarnates and perhaps many discarnates alike.

The way I view the situation then is that in effect we are experiencing individuality in this dimension, we have experienced individuality in the dimensions before it and we will continue to experience as individuals lives in all the dimensions after it. That situation will continue to a point which is probably indefinable in any human terms. Beyond that I would need to refer again to the guidance that influences me because I don't have the ability to present adequately using my own words.

Our present human life is simply one of many lives we experience as individuals. Our future lives (if you can accept yet another difficult concept) will find us still as individuals, through to and even beyond the apparently-last of the levels often referred to as level seven. Beyond that level life goes on in ever complex ways but my severely limited brain power leaves me struggling just to grasp the concept. I have no problem accepting the situation but I don't have words to explain it.

On the first point I hope I've been able to present my own approach, bb, and why I don't see things the way you do. As for 'God' being sentient, or considering it as an egotist, then I find both words hopelessly inadequate and inappropriate. Beyond all these arguments the entity we call God is not the ultimate creative something that I refer to as source.

I am not trying to persuade anyone about anything and I'd be astonished if any/many accept what I've said. By now, though, I've come to accept that even the simplest (for me) concepts of survival and communication are unpersuasive for many. Until they have been accepted, though, considering anything beyond is likely to be unproductive and frustrating for anyone trying.

[This conversation will later be moved out of this C&M Q&A thread.]

Thank you for taking the time to explain why you believe as you do on this matter. I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree about this one, because while I respect your view about this, I do not share it at all.

I am intrigued by something you said, though. You said "Beyond all these arguments the entity we call God is not the ultimate creative something that I refer to as source." Could you please elaborate? Do you mean that you hold a polytheistic view?

mac

Administrator
Thank you for taking the time to explain why you believe as you do on this matter. I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree about this one, because while I respect your view about this, I do not share it at all.

I am intrigued by something you said, though. You said "Beyond all these arguments the entity we call God is not the ultimate creative something that I refer to as source." Could you please elaborate? Do you mean that you hold a polytheistic view?
On the last point, bb, oh God no! :D I'm much too simple a soul even to know what that word meant without looking it up online - no kidding - I had to find out what it means! ;):D

Going further concerning my approach to 'God' probably isn't worthwhile without the detailed context of the guidance that shapes my thinking. :)

bluebird

Major Contributor
On the last point, bb, oh God no! :D I'm much too simple a soul even to know what that word meant without looking it up online - no kidding - I had to find out what it means! ;):D

Going further concerning my approach to 'God' probably isn't worthwhile without the detailed context of the guidance that shapes my thinking. :)

Lol, ok. ;):)

mac

Administrator
As I haven't read the Medhus book I don't know exactly what Erik said about his previous incarnate lives and I can comment only as an incarnate whose understanding is naturally somewhat limited. But, based on what I've learned from one source whose guidance greatly resonates with me, our earliest experiences in physical bodies comes from the animation of simple life forms. It sounds plain daft that we'd reincarnate back to a simpler life-form.

Storybud68

As I haven't read the Medhus book I don't know exactly what Erik said about his previous incarnate lives and I can comment only as an incarnate whose understanding is naturally somewhat limited. But, based on what I've learned from one source whose guidance greatly resonates with me, our earliest experiences in physical bodies comes from the animation of simple life forms. It sounds plain daft that we'd reincarnate back to a simpler life-form.
This is interesting mac,I mean maybe Erik was a butterfly many thousands of years ago before humans evolved, and he continued to the point where he is now as for the book it is extraordinary, any ideas where i could get a copy of mikeys book?

mac

Administrator
This is interesting mac,I mean maybe Erik was a butterfly many thousands of years ago before humans evolved, and he continued to the point where he is now as for the book it is extraordinary, any ideas where i could get a copy of mikeys book?
Flying High can be bought on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=flying+h...ng+high+in+spirit,aps,356&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_21.

You've read the book, David, so you know what he was referring to but I very much doubt he can recall the time he was a butterfly.

mac

Administrator

If the guy who influences my ideas is telling us straight, David, then all of us used to be lower - simpler - life-forms once upon a time. That we're here now means we've progressed spiritually in much the same way as Erik Medhus did. That's the normal way of things but getting to grips with that may be a big step for you to take.

mac

Administrator
Mikey has no idea who shut it down.
When I, Carol, looked this up, it seemed like someone was working on a movie about this. No sure where that is at. Would be interesting if it ever happened I think!

As some will know I lived through, and was a Foundation supporter, the whole time of the activities of the so-called Scole Experimental Group and the existence of The New Spiritual Science Foundation; 'Scole' for short.

Their activities were brought to an abrupt end by the interference with, and eventual destruction of, communications with their counterpart spirit experimenters. At the outset it was claimed the Scole group were using 'new energy' to bring about the physical phenomena seen in their experiments during the exciting time they were operating. That view was not accepted by at least some experienced others in the NAS from whom the group had broken away to set up their own activities.

For me the goal was never fully achieved, something that left me sad and frustrated. Others will doubtless see things differently. In the last stages of the Foundation's work the long-time trans-dimensional communication enjoyed with their spirit friends began to falter and eventually became rudely interrupted by entities claiming to be from another planet. Had it not been so serious a break in the vital link to their spirit-side counterparts it might have been amusing.

As a long-time supporter I was horrified at the events and wrote to Foy to tell him so. What was being reported in 'The Spiritual Scientist' sounded like something from Star Trek, with messages from those interfering with - blocking - communication high fallautin and nonsensical.

I did not want to believe such experienced experimenters had somehow allowed low-entities to break into their circle and to wreck their link. But I have neither seen nor heard anything to dissuade me from that conclusion. Robin Foy initially told me that earlier communications would eventually be restored and their work would continue. I've yet to learn that's happened or that similar work is continuing but maybe that's because I no longer am interested and haven't tried to follow recent events.

If anyone knows more than that then I'd greatly appreciate hearing from them. It wouldn't surprise me if a video/movie were to be produced but I haven't heard that's the case.

genewardsmith

We don't 'opt out' because there's no pressure on us to incarnate here. We choose to do it - we don't have to do it.

Some of us may be dumb enough to volunteer. I had a stranger who lived down the hall from me tell me she had a strange dream about me. It concerned how I didn't need to reincarnate, but with great nobility volunteered because the need was so great. I make no claim any of that was true, beyond the fact that this is what she told me.

mac

Administrator
Some of us may be dumb enough to volunteer. I had a stranger who lived down the hall from me tell me she had a strange dream about me. It concerned how I didn't need to reincarnate, but with great nobility volunteered because the need was so great. I make no claim any of that was true, beyond the fact that this is what she told me.

I treat others' dreams as I treat my own - I mostly give 'em no credence other than as dreams. Our brains - well my brain at least - appear to have endless capacity for the fabrication of stories and images.

As for being (quote) "dumb enough to volunteer" to reincarnate because there was a great need well that's a different issue but it would still be a choice. Making such a choice would be a considered undertaking of the role. A further incarnation when one's spiritual progress didn't 'need' it would be such a choice; Mikey Morgan and spirit-guide Silver Birch would be examples.

mac

Administrator
Hi Roberta,
I do agree with you about Eric compared to Mikey. BUT...What I do like about him is that he will bring others to communicate & that is what I watch/listen to their YouTube channel for...These communications are interesting and no doubt, believable. Do yo concur on that?
Steve

".....no doubt believable" - really?

It's believable they've come to communicate but do you heed what they say just because one spirit individual had brought along another?

I'd never challenge what a communicator tells us about their personal experiences 'over there' but I'd be very chary of extrapolating it to everyone. Or accepting their ideas about 'the bigger picture' until I was persuaded about their capacity to offer such ideas.

You know the saying: "Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ."? Gotta watch which camp a communicator falls into. Just because you're discarnate it doesn't automatically make you omniscient. ;) And being on YouTube is no guarantee either.

Reactions: kim

mac

Administrator
The Meldhus conversation has prompted me to offer some layman thoughts on trans-dimensional communication.

For decades if not longer we've been urged to 'test the spirits' when communicating. "Spirit loves an enquiring mind" is another saying. But both are hard when we're having to do it through a third party. Add to that there there is always - without exception - a risk of coloration by that third party. The more a third party facilitator of communication - call her a medium or channeler - knows about the afterlife stuff the more the risk of coloration. So where do we go then?

In the dim and distant past mediumship was all there was. The now-fashionable word 'channeler' probably wasn't around and if it was it was little used. So we had mediums of various flavors one being 'trance medium'. In trance the 'go-between' medium's mind is 'parked' out of the way as much as possible by the medium herself going into trance, the deeper the trance the better. By so doing the thoughts and guidance of the actual communicator were conveyed with minimum coloration from anything the medium had in her mind. So where does that leave us?

We're left with the situation that anyone with any knowledge of a subject, or with their own ideas or prejudices, should be considered a potential source of coloration. The less known, the fewer the prejudices, the better the chance of uncolored communication. The more a go-between knows the less the chance that coloration isn't occurring.

You pays yer money and makes your choice over what you see and hear.

kim

Significant Contributor
I'd never challenge what a communicator tells us about their personal experiences 'over there' but I'd be very chary of extrapolating it to everyone. Or accepting their ideas about 'the bigger picture' until I was persuaded about their capacity to offer such ideas.

You know the saying: "Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ."? Gotta watch which camp a communicator falls into. Just because you're discarnate it doesn't automatically make you omniscient.

I really liked what you have to say here Mac!!;)

mac

Administrator
Hi Mac,
Question 1: Mikey tells me they are very aware of what is happening. Mikey tells me he can literally feel my fear / anxiety at times. He also tells me not to worry. So I'm doing pretty well even with my job at the hospital. Mikey tells me the world is not going to end. We are eternal beings. Many lessons are occurring right now, which I think is obvious. There are so many factors of how everyone is affected . Can we pull together as a world and get this conquered / under control?

Question 2: Mikey tells me this pandemic was not specifically orchestrated by spirit. Mikey tells me it is an earthly "reboot or cleansing" in a sense. We need to remember that the earth is alive. It is energy. What is happening is an eye opener for many who inhabit on this earth according to Mikey. How will this change people? Mikey tells me many good things can come from this experience. This dimension has many variables from Mikey's viewpoint. (There have been other illness / plagues over the many years here.) Being able to adjust and correct teaches us perseverance and makes us stronger.
With all of this, Mikey does say there is great potential for spiritual growth with the learning experiences that are taking place. It can really bring out the love and kindness that is within! Sometimes it takes something big for people to wake up to what is really important. Certainly many things won't be taken for granted....

Question 3: Yes, these can be exit points for many according to Mikey. However, the virus itself may have not been known, but it is the vehicle used to make it happen. Again, Mikey cannot say that is the case for all involved.

thanks to both for this response :)

I'm gonna come back with some thoughts later in the day. There are some interesting aspects in Mikey's words I want to address.

Glad to hear you're keeping your head above water, Carol. My personal thoughts are with those in the medical field and exposed to this monster of a virus as they're particularly at risk from contracting Covid 19.

later..... mac

mac

Administrator
mac, thank you for asking the questions about the pandemic. I was just coming in here to ask similar questions.
Thank you Mikey for answering and letting us know that this isn't the end of the world. Throughout this whole thing I have felt that it's earth's way of cleaning or to use your phrase, rebooting.

Viruses and bacteria are always around and they flourish and infect us routinely. This particular Corona virus is a virulent one that spreads much more readily than the influenza viruses that have long been the pandemic concern of many specialists.

I'm not persuaded that the earth has done anything. The 'mother nature' term is a misleading and romantic one. Nature is dispassionate, unfeeling. It's a catch-all word that means all kinds of things dependent on context. The eventual outcome of the impact of this Corona virus may be that our world changes, that humankind's values need to change. But I reject any notion that it was anything or anyone's intention that a virus would be their cause.

I feel for the people who have passed, but I also have hope that lessons will be learned and people will change their ways.

It's sad when sickness takes folk's lives but every day countless numbers of individuals die from various illnesses. With a population of 7 billion and heading for 9 billion by mid century even larger numbers will die daily from all manner of things. Let's not forget humankind has weathered such storms before - Spanish Flu for example when millions died - and we must hope our better healthcare systems are sufficiently robust to respond to the near-overwhelming needs of many sick individuals. If positive changes eventually come from Covid 19 they will be a bonus and a blessing. Many changes may later be desirable but when folk have to dip into their pockets to pay for 'em after the emergency has passed who knows whether they'll be willing?

Carol, how are you holding up through all of this. I know you work in a hospital, so it's probably very upsetting for you. (((HUGS))

Medical folk are on the front line battling like never before with resources often hopelessly inadequate and leaving them barely protected. They deserve our sincerest appreciation and all the support we can give them.

jobun

Occasional Contributor
yes mac, the medical folk certainly deserve so much more than words can even express. Even when it's not a pandemic, they put their lives on the line every single day to help someone in distress.
much love and appreciation and undying gratitude to those who sacrifice their well being to take care of the rest of us.

mac

Administrator
yes mac, the medical folk certainly deserve so much more than words can even express. Even when it's not a pandemic, they put their lives on the line every single day to help someone in distress.
much love and appreciation and undying gratitude to those who sacrifice their well being to take care of the rest of us.

I'm a Brit and our National Health Service has been under-funded for decades. The NHS workers have had more and more work piled on with fewer resources - human and monetary - to do a job far more demanding than it's ever been. Medical staff are routinely pushed beyond their limit to cope in the long term. Sickness and stress are the outcome.

Politics determines what happens, how money is allocated. Here in the USA things are different, much better in some ways, much worse in others. If only we could take the best bits from both systems and integrate them into new healthcare systems for both nations! Cloud cuckoo land of course and it ain't gonna happen. :(

mac

Administrator
Hi Carol and Mikey,

I have read several books about afterlife, and those books mention that in the afterlife there is an area where is to tender all the children including those die immaturely and before reaching their prime life on earth. They were provided with the welfare, comfort and education in the spiritual until they grow to their suitable age. My question is : All these "babies" and "young people" are old souls. They have experienced countless reincarnations. They are no more different than people who die in their 90s. Why they were treated like babies and young in the after life ?
What good questions! They are especially relevant for me because our son died at full term. I used to comfort myself by thinking he died in my arms but realistically I must accept he was lost - or his soul withdrew - some time after the beginning of my wife's labor. Very shortly it will be his birthday. For well over three decades I've pondered many of the aspects of neo-natal death and terminations. I'll look forward to hearing what Mikey says but in the meantime I have a few thoughts.

Firstly there's no certainty that ALL the spirits of babies and children were so-called old souls. I've had folk repeatedly tell me they are and that the circumstances were pre-planned etc. for the experience of some or all involved - I acknowledge that as a possibility but am yet to be persuaded that reason is always the case.

Some may have been undertaking their first incarnation so with no experience of life on earth the spiritual 'status' of their lives would be different from those who were old when they passed. Others may have had few previous incarnations and would have had little experience. But I know what you're getting at - what of those who have had many previous lives where they lived to maturity? Why would an experienced incarnate retain a baby or child form after their passing?

It won't explain anything but my assumption is that their commitment to incarnate life was such that it was necessary for their spirits to complete the cycle of babyhood and growth to maturity. Mikey maybe you can suggest possible reasons for that?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say I'd expect the large majority who ARE so-called old souls would quickly resume their etheric lives as mature individuals, any lingering stage of being a baby/child would quickly be passed through if experienced at all. I'd also expect a small number would choose/need to experience lives 'growing up' in as similar a way as if they'd survived and remained on earth. Mikey if I'm anywhere right would you please offer suggestions why that might be the case?

For many years I used to think I'd sussed out what happens but the older I've become the more I've changed my approach. Maybe it's just taken me much longer than I expected to come to terms with the circumstances of our son's unexpected passing. :(

Whatever the actual situation I know it can't now be long before my conscious uncertainty will be over. I hope it's not too soon though 'cos I still have things I want to do here! :D

bluebird

Major Contributor
mac,

I don't think you should assume that your son's soul left his body before you were holding him in your arms -- it may very well have happened while you were holding him. And even if it did happen before you held him, it's possible his soul hung around a bit and saw/felt your love and comfort.

mac

Administrator
mac,

I don't think you should assume that your son's soul left his body before you were holding him in your arms -- it may very well have happened while you were holding him. And even if it did happen before you held him, it's possible his soul hung around a bit and saw/felt your love and comfort.

You may be right, bb - perhaps he didn't leave until I held him. I used to feel that's what happened but you know I won't make things fit so I had let the idea go......

I do hope he was around for a time and continued to feel the love we had for him. His conception was planned and deliberate and he was very much wanted and looked forward to. The bottom dropped out of our world when he left - I don't need to explain to you how it feels, bb. You've been there. I may already know what happened within the part of me I can't consciously reach so until I can I'll just have to be patient. I'm OK but my wife doesn't share any of my conviction. :(

bluebird

Major Contributor
You may be right, bb - perhaps he didn't leave until I held him. I used to feel that's what happened but you know I won't make things fit so I had let the idea go......

I do hope he was around for a time and continued to feel the love we had for him. His conception was planned and deliberate and he was very much wanted and looked forward to. The bottom dropped out of our world when he left - I don't need to explain to you how it feels, bb. You've been there. I may already know what happened within the part of me I can't consciously reach so until I can I'll just have to be patient. I'm OK but my wife doesn't share any of my conviction. :(
I'm sorry to hear that your wife doesn't share your conviction. I certainly know what it's like to feel as she does.

mac

Administrator
I'm sorry to hear that your wife doesn't share your conviction. I certainly know what it's like to feel as she does.
Thanks for your thoughts, bb. I'm sad I can't reassure her but neither can I do it for you. After all these years I've learned to accept this situation but it still hurts. :( I guess we all have to tread personal paths sometimes.

mac

Administrator
Thanks for the answers. Question:
1) If I suppose I save a person, and then he becomes a villain, do I bear karmic responsibility for his crimes, or am I completely free from negative karma?
Are you really serious, pirimir? :rolleyes:

Of course you do not bear responsibility - ethical, moral or 'karmic' - for the actions of another person! :rolleyes:

mac

Administrator
Giving a shout out to Mikey on his earthly 33rd birthday; though heavenly! :)
I do wonder how my life would be different if he was still on earth!
:)
Carol

Our son's birthday was a few days ago and he's almost the same earth age as Mikey. :)

I sometimes wonder, Carol, where I'd be, what I'd be doing had our son survived and grown.... Probably not writing this on ALF - change just one thing, change your whole world.

I've been asking him this week to help his mom here on earth because she's been in terrible pain from shingles since we got home. :(

Tseeker

Occasional Contributor
Giving a shout out to Mikey on his earthly 33rd birthday; though heavenly! :)
I do wonder how my life would be different if he was still on earth!
I recommend that you listen to his favorite songs by Bob Sinclar called: Love Generation and World Hold On. The lyrics are critical with all that is going on these days! Huge messages he tried so hard to push! :)
Carol
Happy Birthday Mikey! Cheers!! In heaven those things are probably no longer celebrated nevertheless is always a great thing to remember while we are in this dimension. Like you Carol; My mom and I always remember two dates with my father who passed away 4 years ago. His birthday and the day he went back home. We always pray for him and it was comforting to know what Mikey said about prayers and how important those were...

Tseeker

mac

Administrator
Hi Carol & Mikey,

1. Dean Koontz on his novel "The Eyes of Darkness" written on 1981 had the story detailing about a pneumonia-like illness would spread throughout the globe in 2020. He changed the virus name to "Wuhan-400" in 1989 version, while we have the coronavirus right now. Is this an coincidence or he gained some insight from the spiritual world when he wrote the novel?
If Dean Koontz is still around it would be a fair question to put to him personally. If anyone knows his whereabouts, assuming it's in this world, maybe they could write to him and ask?

Or I could do it on behalf of ALF and its members..... ???

bluebird

Major Contributor
My understanding is that Sylvia Browne has been repeatedly proven to have been a fake, though I can't point to any specific articles on the subject. I do remember that she was on a talk show back in the 80s or 90s, where she was asked whether a missing girl was dead or alive -- she said the girl was definitely dead, and the girl later turned up alive.

I've just done a quick google search, and found an article about that situation: Psychic Who Said Amanda Berry Was Dead Silent After Berry Is Found Alive

Of course, it's always possible that she was just wrong in that specific instance, who knows. I'm pretty sure I've read multiple articles about other instances as well, though.

bluebird

Major Contributor
If Dean Koontz is still around it would be a fair question to put to him personally. If anyone knows his whereabouts, assuming it's in this world, maybe they could write to him and ask?

Or I could do it on behalf of ALF and its members..... ???
I'm pretty sure Dean Koontz is still alive. If you do happen to contact him, please convey to him that I ADORE his Odd Thomas series. I like many of his other books as well, but particularly that series. My guess is that Koontz believes in some form of an afterlife, and maybe some form of a god, as I find that to be a (rather comforting) undercurrent in much of his work.

mac

Administrator
I'm pretty sure Dean Koontz is still alive. If you do happen to contact him, please convey to him that I ADORE his Odd Thomas series. I like many of his other books as well, but particularly that series. My guess is that Koontz believes in some form of an afterlife, and maybe some form of a god, as I find that to be a (rather comforting) undercurrent in much of his work.

If Koontz did actually, unintentionally predict this particular future then it was either coincidence, inside information or a fabulously creative imagination. Thing is he may have imagined much, much more that hasn't turned out to be reality. Do it enough and someone's gonna hit paydirt every now and then but that's not prediction.

bluebird

Major Contributor
If Koontz did actually, unintentionally predict this particular future then it was either coincidence, inside information or a fabulously creative imagination. Thing is he may have imagined much, much more that hasn't turned out to be reality. Do it enough and someone's gonna hit paydirt every now and then but that's not prediction.
Quite true.

On the other hand, there's also the idea that writers somehow occasionally tap into a kind of through-line of human experience, almost like a genetic (artistic?) memory. The two instances that come to my mind are both, oddly, related to the sea (interesting, at least to me as a writer, since it is from the sea that we evolved; additionally, the sea is often viewed as a symbol of the unconscious mind). One story relates to the Titanic: The Wreck Of The Titan Told Of The Titanic's Sinking — 14 Years Before It Happened ; the other has to do with an ill-fated cabin-boy or the like, and was written by Poe: Edgar Allan Poe's Eerie Richard Parker Coincidence .

Interesting to think about, at least for me. :)

mac

Administrator
Quite true.

On the other hand, there's also the idea that writers somehow occasionally tap into a kind of through-line of human experience, almost like a genetic (artistic?) memory. The two instances that come to my mind are both, oddly, related to the sea (interesting, at least to me as a writer, since it is from the sea that we evolved; additionally, the sea is often viewed as a symbol of the unconscious mind). One story relates to the Titanic: The Wreck Of The Titan Told Of The Titanic's Sinking — 14 Years Before It Happened ; the other has to do with an ill-fated cabin-boy or the like, and was written by Poe: Edgar Allan Poe's Eerie Richard Parker Coincidence .

Interesting to think about, at least for me. :)

I don't think I'd registered - if I knew it at all - that you're a writer, bb. But I have always seen that you express yourself very clearly and effectively. That's rather a nice change from much I read here, there and everywhere else, the reasons a conversation subject in itself. ;) Interesting, too, that you mention the sea. I'm rather partial to old sayings and I often find nautical ones popping into my mind and into what I write. Curious as I have no love of the sea, the coast or ships. o_O

As for the ideas in your first sentence then you may well be right. I expect incarnate writers may be inspired by former writers now in spirit. Presumably those discarnates now enjoy that way of vicariously expressing themselves in writing, something they can of course no longer do directly for themselves.

For all we hear about the clarity and precision achieved in telepathic communication in the etheric world there must surely be something missing inasmuch as writers can not craft their words as they could in this world - and they do not have paper, pencils or pens with which to actually write. Other than if they fashion them by the power of their imagination, their thought. How unreal is that! Whether there's still any satisfaction in such a system I have no idea but it is very different and they're no longer writers as once they used to be. Composers, yes, but no longer writers.

For all that to mean anything, though, one has first to be persuaded of the reality of life beyond the physical one and then about what it's like. I know you struggle with the notion of life after death and what it means in practical terms. For me what I've learned about life 'over-there' I like to compare with life in the here-and-now. In considering the very great differences I find I better comprehend why we're here in the first place. Expressed differently, the little I feel I know about life-after-death helps me better understand our lives before before it.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Well thank you for the compliment. :) Yes, I have an undergraduate degree in Literature, and an MFA in Writing (Poetry). As for the sea, I spent my early childhood living a block away from the beach (Atlantic Ocean), and some of my Dutch ancestors were shipbuilders, so I do feel some affinity. Also, my husband loves the beach.

In terms of the rest, I didn't really mean that living authors were influenced telepathically by dead authors, though I suppose that's a possibility as well. I meant something more like accessing a well of ideas; I don't really know how to describe it.

mac

Administrator
Well thank you for the compliment. :) Yes, I have an undergraduate degree in Literature, and an MFA in Writing (Poetry). As for the sea, I spent my early childhood living a block away from the beach (Atlantic Ocean), and some of my Dutch ancestors were shipbuilders, so I do feel some affinity. Also, my husband loves the beach.

It's very heartening to hear you speaking in the present tense about your husband.

In terms of the rest, I didn't really mean that living authors were influenced telepathically by dead authors, though I suppose that's a possibility as well. I meant something more like accessing a well of ideas; I don't really know how to describe it.

Without any talent myself I can only imagine what authors and poets might be 'dipping into' when working. Oh Concerning inspiration from discarnates they were just my thoughts. Your connection to the sea and your ancestry is understandable. [Connections with family, if not exactly ancestors, is a topic I raised with Mikey Morgan recently.]

bluebird

Major Contributor
It's very heartening to hear you speaking in the present tense about your husband.

Without any talent myself I can only imagine what authors and poets might be 'dipping into' when working. Oh Concerning inspiration from discarnates they were just my thoughts. Your connection to the sea and your ancestry is understandable. [Connections with family, if not exactly ancestors, is a topic I raised with Mikey Morgan recently.]

Ah, I almost always speak of my husband in the present tense. It's not so much due to belief in an afterlife (though you know I do hope a good afterlife exists, in which we will be reunited), as it is a refusal to accept his death, sort of....I mean, I do know that he died, but if there is an afterlife then speaking of him in the present tense feels like a way to maintain my connection with him; it's also a way to say "F*** you" about it to the universe, or god, or whatever.

mac

Administrator
Carol and Mikey. In the afterlife, are we able to fly? I have had many dreams that I was able to. Thanks
Mikey will answer in due course but it's an interesting point because there's no actual need to be able to fly. Of course there's no actual need for Mikey to ride his snowboard but he does something similar to what he did when incarnate because he likes doing it. :)

If I've understood what's been taught then provided we can create by the power of our thought - perhaps with help - a situation enabling us to do what we desire then that's what we'll do. Until, of course, we grow tired of such distractions. ;) One of my first 'distractions' will be to grow a head of thick, luxurious hair - I dream of that similarly, David. Hair is totally unnecessary of course but we each likely have a personal dream of some sort. :)

mac

Administrator
I'll later move my comments when I do my regular 'housekeeping' in this thread.

It is already happening that folk are behaving differently - behaving better by co-operating and working together in ways they usually don't for example - as this pandemic impacts our daily lives in ways unprecedented. It's heartwarming to see some of these changes and it's indicative of what can change, what probably should change. But there's a major potential downside in that we may lose a great number of things we enjoy but achieve only a small amount in different directions. There is also the likelihood - based on previous evidence - that once initial motivation begins to wane, after the major threats begin to diminish, after we reach a new norm, we may revert to our old ways of selfishness and self interest. Will that then be the oft talked about shift in general spiritual progression? It's a rhetorical question, by the way.....;)

mac

Administrator
Hi Lola,
Question for you: How do you know there are so many "lost souls"? What to mean by many? Mikey does not look at it as many from his perspective, anyway. :)

I put a similar question to Nirvana recently - how do you know how many? I had also asked Mikey some weeks ago how many the word 'many' means. Just how many is 'many'? With 7 billion incarnates scuttling around this globe with (presumably) many thousands of them passing daily to the world of the spirit just how many would typically be in transit?

You could also ask how could anyone incarnate - or discarnate for that matter - know exactly what the ever-changing number is? Yet this business of lost souls and/or 'outer darkness' are subjects that appear to intrigue some folk - who knows how many? - interested in, but not very knowledgeable about, afterlife issues.

I suppose it's understandable that, ghosts, ghoulies, zombies extra-terrestrial aliens and all the rest are far more sexy and stimulating than the simple, common-or-garden survival stuff. Maybe that's also why 'channeling' or having a relationship with a personal, discarnate guru appears fashionable and more desirable than understanding the simple stuff?

mac

Administrator
Thanks Carole (and Mikey). Most people don't wind up alone, but those that do might be confused or in denial that they have died. I got this information from what is known as "soul rescuers" as well as the Monroe Institute Gateway Pr0gram who found a fair amount of these people during out of body states. It really scared me, as I am paranoid about that possibility. However, judging from his answer, it is pretty clear that it is up to us to accept any help or to reject their assistance.

Rescue groups have been around yonks.... These so-called soul rescuer groups and the Monroe guys are just the more recent ones deploying well-established techinques. Saying (quote) "a fair amount of these people" in such a connection is as imprecise as all other descriptions and largely meaningless without establishing a benchmark against which to make assessment.

I'd guess, Lola, that some who share your interest may also share your paranoia while others are intrigued by its apparent 'spookiness'. But, then, I often shidad when folk talk about 'spirits' as if they're a discrete life form found somewhere 'out there' in spookland.

Words matter.