• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

life review

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it’s not on you, mac… I don’t think anything short of having direct access to either my angels/guides to actually give me REAL answers to my questions will put me at ease. As it stands, the only way it seems I’ll know for sure is to die. I’m just frustrated by certain things, such as the life review, for one example. I know either you or others here have said it isn’t or wouldn’t be forced on us, yet at the same time, I have yet to read or watch a NDE account that fails to mention it… in EVERY one I know of, the experiencer either has one willingly, or is directed to one by their guides or some other force. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ONE. I have absolutely no intention of having one. I just both need and want that to be known to whatever guide(s) are assigned to me… do NOT attempt to trick me into having one, and don’t give me one. This life so far has been nothing but pain, and I’m not going to relive that, nor do I have any reason to do so. I need some form of acknowledgment of that, and I’m frustrated that I can’t get it.
Re this business of so-called life reviews...... I am struggling to figure where I first encountered it but I'm pretty sure it plays no part of the simple philosophy/religion of Modern Spiritualism that underpins what little understanding I may have about life, death, the so-called afterlife and our 'beforelife'.

I defer to your knowledge of what's in accounts of NDEs. I rarely read an account or view a video about NDE but one of the few things I agree with this website's founder about is that a near-death experience DOES NOT show the experiencer the exact world of the spirit they will enter after their passing. What happens in an NDE MAY give a fair indication of what will happen but equally it may not. I acknowledge the value of NDE can be that it often results in the experiencer seeing life incarnate in a wholly different light and the experience seems to activate enhanced appreciation, perhaps an innate knowing and/or a strong desire to search for understanding.

One problem I do see is that NDE accounts may mislead the reader/viewer if a bigger context is not available. If NDE accounts are the primary source of so-called life review then the bigger picture also needs to be viewed else the old, old problem appears - considering points in isolation, without an overall context. But what I understand is that in the etheric world we are encouraged rather than forced.

If a life-review is routine then my overall understanding of the conditions in which it would be carried out is one of care for the new arrival. It's anathema to me to make out that anything is routinely imposed on the returner. Where one might get the idea we're forced into doing anything seems to me most likely from highly questionable sources of information. It's your choice to heed such sources but such an action would be wholly contrary to every spiritual principle I've ever learned about.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
mac,

Exactly -- I want to relive good moments, and maybe understand bad ones, and also try to understand my own actions and motivations. And I concur, it only happens when it's right for the individual (and I know you weren't shouting at me, lol).
What you've outlined, bb, is how I would expect a so-called life review logically to work. But this conversation is being held in member Bruce Adama's thread and I want to return to his difficulties even though he rarely addresses the points I make.

I'm going to back-track somewhat on what I said earlier specifically because of the approach Bruce is clinging to. Guides and teachers have told us that some individuals hold views and beliefs so tenaciously during incarnate life that when they pass over the effects may still be evident. I usually write about subjects in general terms but some points don't apply generally but are relevant to individuals or to religious groups for example.

I've often said that NONE of us knows for sure how we'll feel after we pass over. Strongly held views we may have had as incarnates may simply be seen for what they were and dropped like hot potatoes. I hope Bruce finds he was pessimistic in the extreme and I hope he quickly experiences his experiences to be empowering in ways he appears to reject outright in this world. If not, if he continues to cling to the emotions he displays in this world, what's been taught is that we gravitate to a level reflecting our approach. I hope and expect that those who care for him will work tirelessly to help him. His so-called Guardian Angel will try and so will others but their success can not be guaranteed.

Bruce will be able to stick it out to achieve what he says he wants. He won't be abandoned by his guide(s) or helpers but they may step back because he will have made his choice and nothing will be forced on him, no matter what Bruce believes.

BruceAdama

Occasional Contributor
If a life-review is routine then my overall understanding of the conditions in which it would be carried out is one of care for the new arrival. It's anathema to me to make out that anything is routinely imposed on the returner. Where one might get the idea we're forced into doing anything seems to me most likely from highly questionable sources of information. It's your choice to heed such sources but such an action would be wholly contrary to every spiritual principle I've ever learned about.
Again, I feel I ought clarify the semantics…

When I say “forced”, I don’t mean literally being forced by either our guides or “God” (or whatever you want to call it), but rather that based on everything I’ve personally read or seen via video accounts, that nobody cannot or does not go through with one. Some circumstance always ends up directing them to the review. For instance, in more than one NDE account I’ve read, the experiencer is guided to the review, either by the experiencer automatically being shown it without warning or notice, or by a spirit guide gently guiding them to look in a specific direction, at which point the review plays out. There’s never an option either going in, or after you’re there, to opt out, and not experience the review. It’s not an option that’s ever offered or given. That’s why I say forced.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
Jesus - you've just returned to something I wrote in SEPTEMBER..... amazing :rolleyes:

I don't look forward to my life review. However I do look forward to understanding how we all are connected on this forum. I'll keep checking in every now and then.

JJHome

Occasional Contributor
I say don't worry about the life review. Learn to forgive yourself and not judge yourself. Who ever said you were supposed to be perfect? I sure wasn't. If there are areas you can improve, go ahead and do so. Otherwise, forget about it and plow forward with whatever life presents.

mac

janitor / administrator
Staff member
If you follow the link I've recently posted in the NDE forum, and listen to what folk have said in that video about their experiences, some mentioning life reviews, you'll maybe find something that appeals to your reason.