Life on Earth After Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am approaching the end of my life. I have a form of cancer, and I do not expect to live that long. I have made two very poor decisions in my life, which I can regret daily. Do you think that God, or maybe another belief system, will grant life via another, parallel universe, after finding that my intention was in both cases to act rightly?

mac

janitor
I expect you may have posted this question elsewhere and if so I hope you find other responses to help you.

This website is predicated on there being life beyond corporeal death. The founder of this website along with myself are certain even though we came to that certainty from very different directions and travelling along very different paths. My response to your posting is based on what has persuaded me and I offer my thoughts based on it.

Neither God nor adopting any particular belief system is needed. In our true, spirit selves we are eternal beings. Life does not begin only when we enter this dimension and it doesn't end when we leave it.

You, I and everyone else will live on after our bodies fail and die. Many, most or perhaps all of us will have made decisions in human form that we regret. Mistakes are part of human life but with the ones you regret so much you had apparently tried to do the right thing.

After your death you - your spirit self - will look at the way your life turned out, the so-called life review, but nobody will sit in judgement on your life and your actions. You won't carry out the review in isolation because helpers will be there to support you.

I've deliberately kept my response simple and brief but I will try to help if you want to ask questions.

blessings :)

bluebird

Major Contributor
Firstly, I am sorry you're ill and don't expect to live for long. I hope either you are able to recover, or that you have a peaceful and painless passing surrounded by loved ones.

I am agnostic -- I don't know if there is a god, I don't even know if there is an afterlife. Nevertheless, if there is an afterlife and/or god, then I also agree with mac's assessment. If there is a god, I don't believe it is a being which sits in judgment of each of us. I do believe it's likely we each undergo a "life review" once in the afterlife, but as a way to understand the lives we led, not as some sort of judgment meant to determine if we end up in heaven or hell (I do not believe there is any such thing/place as hell).

If there is any point at all to this earthly life, then in my opinion that point is to love and to learn. Being imperfect beings, as all beings are, we are sure to make mistakes in our lives, even when our intentions were good. I think the fact that your intention was to act rightly says more about your character than the fact that they ended up being the wrong decisions. Not that outcome means nothing, but in my opinion intention (real intention, not just what one says is one's intention) means more. I think it's important that you look at your actions in terms of your intentions, and also in the context of your entire life and all of your intentions and actions within it.

As to whether you could have another life in a parallel universe, I really don't know. I tend to think that you can exist however you like in the afterlife (assuming there is an afterlife); if that is so, then you can be however you want and live however you want there. Reincarnation on earth or elsewhere may be another possibility. I don't think either possibility will be prevented just because you may have made some mistakes in your life -- just be sure to try to learn from your mistakes, as that is the only way to bring forth some good from them. Try to be easy with yourself.

Last edited:

mac

janitor
It's sad that it was probably too late to be able to help.....

My guess is he was casting around websites he found using a web search engine but maybe he was too sick or dispirited to re-visit our own. Looking for the reasons for life, death and what follows just as you are facing your own, difficult end isn't the best time to be looking.

I just hope he found something to help him and that his own passing will be peaceful if it hasn't already happened.

His profile gives a little information (age, location). It is a pity that he has not returned. It makes me sad when I see people upset because they fear being judged or going to "hell". It is very unfortunate, to put it mildly, when people confuse the afterlife - which is simply our existence continuing on another dimension - with some organised religions and their "heaven or hell" dichotomy. Indeed, one doesn't even need to be religious at all in order to accept that the afterlife exists.

I also hope that his passing is without pain and peaceful.

mac

janitor
Certain religions have much to answer for because of what they teach but it's not clear which - if any - have made the thread starter feel the way he does.

mac

janitor
I've closed this thread to further contributions as it was very specific to its starter who hasn't been heard from since.

Status
Not open for further replies.