introduction

mac

janitor / administrator
According to teachers and guides it can actually be observed - by individuals who have the necessary psychic sensitivity - as a fine, silvery "cord" stretching, apparently without limit, from the physical body to the spirit which animates that body. As it's not visible to regular eyes, and appears to stretch without fracturing, it may suggest the cord does not consist of material found in the physical.

Definitely not metaphorical or symbolic but real with a vital purpose that's the same for all of us. I've used the word 'umbilical' before because it has an action similar to an umbilical cord, that of keeping alive a body. In NDEs, and also in deliberate or accidental OoBEs and Astral Traveling, the body is effectively parked and immobile yet its animating spirit is active elsewhere, having temporarily become distanced from the body but not irretrievably separated as in death,

Last edited:

mac

janitor / administrator
Relying on my memory - never a good idea now - I think we have looked at these topics in years past, probably asking Mikey Morgan's take on the whole business. I doubt there are many other practical aspects we haven't considered, even if we've not been able to progress 'em very far.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Since the soul, if it exists, is not a physical thing, I see no reason why it would need something physical (even if not visible to everyone) to anchor it to the body. You mentioned that the cord might not "consist of material found in the physical" -- in that case, what would it be? Do you think it is perhaps just a portion of the soul, stretching to the afterlife?

mac

janitor / administrator
The simple answer to both your questions, bb, is that I don't know. You might well be right that the soul/spirit can apparently use its own 'material' without the limitations on thickness or length that we experience in this dimension.

Some years ago I tried - and failed - to get some guidance about the nature of the etheric worlds and whether its sciences (assuming any such things exist) are compatible with our own. I've often used the verb 'interpenetrate' in connection with body and spirit but I've yet to 'hear' a detailed explanation of how that works.

We understand so very little.

Last edited:

bluebird

Major Contributor
I agree that we understand very little. If the soul and the silver cord do exist, I don't know that the cord is a part of the soul, but the idea does make some sense to me -- in much the same way that while I do believe that each human is her/his own being, the spark of life in us may be the tiniest speck of god/creator, if there is such a being/thing.