1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

interesting reading.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Hazada Guess, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

2. mac

mac Staff Member

3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It’s a safe link at least from accessing it from my phone. I’m unsure the effects of accessing it via certain computers though.

The content on the website is also safe to read.

It would be nice to know why Hazada chose to share the information provided within the link and perhaps give more details about the article within their post before people make a decision to click the link. Maybe it wouldn’t seem so sketchy if it were handled that way.....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased you've accessed it safely. I think that some software can be over-cautious but I err on the side of caution when they deliver a caution.

I do agree that it's helpful if members can give some idea why they have posted a link and what's to be found when following it.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I've viewed the website using a tablet and it does appear harmless enough. Anyone reading what's there, though, should exercise the same level of caution as they would any other website.

6. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Norton thinks it's fine. Here's a quote I culled from it: "So even if the best explanation is a paranormal one, ultra-skeptics will not accept it because they do not understand the underlying mechanism for it." A key point, and not just in reference to the paranormal. In spite of his impressive evidence, Wegener's continential drift theory was rejected and even ridiculed because of the lack of a mechanism. The same reaction, for the same reason greeted Semmelweis; despite his very solid scientific approach to the question of hand washing and childbed fever, he provided no mechanism. He was ridiculed so strongly he ended up in an asylum, where he soon died after being beaten by guards.

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

May I ask what any of this information means to you or how this may benefit others from your own point of view without quoting other sources?

Wikipedia and other resources such as the internet that you’ve utilized may or may not be much of help towards some here. What is your own personal belief rather than looking up others?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  8. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

The above is my personal belief. I think it's important to understand that mere adherence to the scientific method does not suffice for most scientists absent a mechanism for the result. Carl Hempel, in his "Philosophy of Natural Science", put forward Semmelweis as a pradigmatic example of scientific method. But not until Pasteur was there a theory to explain his results, and it was the theory, not mere fact, which led to the acceptance of antisepsis.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

In other words....?

10. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

Its a safe enough webpage.The reason I posted it was that it helped me to understand further about the afterlife.you cant get enough knowledge and I found it helpful and interesting in my search.