1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

I need some advice about communicating with my deceased mother

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Riona9000, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Ok. I lost my mum almost 8 months ago. I have had some serious issues within myself in dealing with her death and how it went down. I need to communicate with her to get some things off my chest and rest easy knowing I told her these things and was heard. I have experience in communicating with the dead, but my problem is a dilemma I have with communicating with her. When she was living she was very against anything involving the subject. Being that the case I worry that I will upset her by trying to communicate with her. If anyone has any advice as to what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Riona,

I'm sorry you have lost your mother. If there is an afterlife in which she now exists/resides, then surely she is no longer bound by any limiting beliefs or prejudices, and would understand and support your need & desire to contact her.

3. Thank you! Your response is the only one I have received that wasn't, "I don't know, that's a good question and hard to answer," or, "that's a touchy subject and you should be careful." I had pondered at the idea that her views and beliefs would not be the same in the afterlife, but I have constantly worried that they remain the same, being that she felt so strongly about what she felt was right or not right. The only reason I ever doubted that the beliefs were still there is because she would visit me in very vivid dreams nightly and would leave all kinds of random clues around for me that she is around and looking over me. I talk to her, but need a response that is different than hints that she's there and hears me, and I've been afraid to pursue that. I will still be thinking it over for a while as I know that I'm not yet ready to communicate with her, it is too soon after her death. But your opinion will greatly aid in my decision making
    Thank you!

4. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

Rionna, I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with Bluebird. I think your mother would understand your need to try to contact her, especially since it is so important to you.

5. janef

janef Major Contributor

Hi Riona,
    Sorry for your loss, both my husband and myself lost parents a few months ago. But we have had communication from both thru a Medium. I think your Mom's views will be different in the Spiritual World.
    I have deleted her website. PM me if you would like the recommendation.
    Best wishes....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

You can't make her communicate with you if she doesn't want to; if she's still as averse to (quote) "the subject" as you've suggested she can simply choose to ignore the thoughts you send out that you'd like to hear from her.

Of course now she's passed over she'll be able (if she chooses) to see things very much differently than before. Assuming she and you had the kind of relationship that allowed you to communicate in this world, there's a fair chance she'll be prepared to consider communicating with you now.

Quite how you would bring that about by yourself you haven't indicated but if you're a sensitive you perhaps know how to communicate already. That being the case what do you have to lose? If you can send the simple thought out that you'd like to speak to her why not go for it? She'll either ignore it or respond to it.

(This is mostly for those who don't know what happens) If you already know about communication you'll also know that there's no 'summoning up the dead' as some folk think can happen. The 'dead' come because they want to and if they can find the way to do it.

I NEVER give advice but my suggestion for your consideration is that you send out the thought as constantly as you can make it (if you're not doing already) that you'd like to say hello. If you have the means to 'speak' to her then also say you'll sit and wait at particular times to allow her to prepare herself for you.

There's no guarantee, as you'll know, but again I'd say, what do you have to lose?

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Riona! It's been my experience in reading hundreds of communications from the dead that most of those who didn't believe in this stuff before they died became fairly instant believers once they died and ended up in the gorgeous Summerland levels of reality. It's likely that your mother feels that way as well - of course she believes now, and she will welcome your efforts to communicate with her. Go for it!

8. Thanks for this info about Terri Jay. She has a workbook that sounds fascinating.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

9. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

You're very welcome. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) i know how hard it is.

10. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

Bluebird, I believe you will have an epiphany.