1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is an online resource to help those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions. We hope it will encourage you to research afterlife literature, ask questions and engage with other members.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

How to prevent future reincarnation from happening?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Handoko, Dec 3, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased it's only sometimes that you forget. :) It's sad that so many don't know this world is not the only world....

2. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting this Mac. I've found myself thinking of your words quite a bit today in order to keep my attitude on a higher plane. :)

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm heartened to hear it's helped you a little, kim, but I continue to have misgivings when writing about so-called life plans, the ones we make for ourselves when preparing for another life in this world.

In recent years I've become familiar with a pair of related notions but I can't for the life of me remember if I encountered them elsewhere in my earlier years - life plans and exit points. I certainly can't recall any reference to them in Spiritualism's teachings and philosophy, the ones that underpin much of my understanding. That doesn't make those notions invalid but I'm leery of things that may simply be 'New Age' versions of earlier teachings that have been misinterpreted and/or misunderstood. And I've always been leery of 'making things fit'.

If I consider a situation that turned out to have been a key point in my life, did that event come about because I and others had chosen and agreed it before I incarnated? Or was it simply misfortune, something that ended up changing the direction of my life in so many ways? The way other things change the lives of other people.

Even after 30 odd years 'in the spooks' I don't know, and don't expect to know, the answer before I pass over. The outcome wouldn't be different either way but I still can't help wondering about things, just as you wonder about your life, kim. And because I personally don't have my answer I'm not prepared to ascribe more to what happened than is warranted.

That leaves me in a slightly awkward position. Should I tell others what I've heard but don't feel persuaded about or should I just say nothing? One thing's for sure. I don't have enough sources saying similar things about both the issues above whereas I'm comfortable with the message of survival I've heard from various other sources and comfortable with my own experience, albeit limited experience.

Recently I've found myself drawn back to what I've said on a number of occasions. Perhaps 'those over there' who can most easily be reached and communicated with may be the ones least able to help explain anything other than the simplest of situations. Put in a different way, maybe those who have the necessary understanding have moved beyond the levels where they can be contacted directly or more commonly by mediumship/channeling.

What a time of life to be doubting myself......:(

bluebird likes this.
  4. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Are you experiencing something in the line of Deja vu?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

oh, no - It's just my memory failure! :D

Seriously, though, on those subjects I simply can't be sure if I'd heard them elsewhere and elsewhen BUT I'm fairly sure it's been recently and from certain sources.

6. baob

baob Active Member

Whether we have life plans and exit points or not is as hard to understand as if there is a God.