1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

"how long...." thread - moved postings

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by amina89, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

There may not be time anywhere, including here, if you take time to be a real and tangible thing, as opposed to simply a sequence of events- cause and effect.
    If by no time you mean that there are no sequence of events, then that is highly unlikely, considering Mikey supposedly communicates with Carol sequentially. Therefore he understands that things evolve in an ever present now- much as it does in material life.
    In addition, Carol also states that souls may stay in a self-unforging state for some time but may at some point choose to move on from that. A sequential evolution. That is what we call time, without the aspect of measuring, the sense of finality, or the cyclical patterns that so emphasize its supposed existance here in the "material", if you will.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    bluebird likes this.
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

You are right, Convolution. You have just proven yet again that it is literally impossible for anyone now inhabiting a body to understand how time works in the greater reality. Dead communicators tell us this, and they are right on the money! All that any of us can manage is a respectful and very much simplified approximation. And yet, amazingly, you here insist that you do understand it enough to challenge what people say about it, which is plain ignorance on your part.

One fact that I am going to ask you to try to get your mind around is that the greater reality is vastly more complex than is this entire universe, and it is not constrained by the limits that dealing with matter places on things. It is without time unless beings choose to be in time, and if they make that choice then it is up to them how they want time to work. And words like "sequence" are not meaningful there.

Another fact that I have even more trouble with is that apparently many things are simultaneously true and not true. I don't understand it, but there it is: without the extreme restraints of materiality, and with much more powerful minds, the kind of on-off switch for real or not-real that we are used to here is simply not operative.

Stop trying to make the greater reality conform to your very limited understanding, and perhaps you might at last begin to learn.

amina89 likes this.
  3. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I simply pointed out that clearly there seems to be an issue with the idea that all lives happen simultaneously, which is what you seemed to insist to be the reality.
    If you believe the point to be invalid and address it on its own, ok. But that hasn't happened.
    I don't claim to understand all of reality- I simply challenge those who say they do, when I notice inconsistencies in their ideas.
    Absolutely. It is this understanding that things are vastly greater than people, including myself, could possibly know, which brings humility and caution to my ideas, and helps me question everything- including those who claim to have the answers. This is where the critical thinking comes from, not from knowing, but understanding I don't know.

So are you saying there is no experience of evolution, progress?

I'm not trying to make it conform. I am looking for evidence of what is, rather than what I, or others, wish it to be. I have stated numerous times that I do not know- I question.
    I look for the answers to "speak for themselves".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    bluebird likes this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Convolution, at this point you are making a direct effort to undermine this website. Whether you are doing this deliberately or whether you are simply the stubbornly clueless individual that you seem to be is something I don't have the time to try to figure out. I have told you repeatedly and in every way that I can think of that THE GREATER REALITY IS NOT MATERIAL, AND IT CANNOT BE STUDIED WITH THE SAME METHODS OR TO THE SAME STANDARDS THAT WE USE TO STUDY THE REALM OF MATTER. That is the one certitude that I will give on this website.

No, here is a second certitude: TIME THERE CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD FROM HERE. The dead have been telling us this all along, so all my studies of it are mere attempts to apply working theories.

DO NOT EVER AGAIN CHALLENGE ANYONE HERE TO DO WHAT CANNOT BE DONE. You would be wise to stop tilting at windmills yourself, but you enjoy it and your mind seems not to be amenable to reason. But stop challenging any of us to try to do for you what cannot be done.