1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

"how long...." thread - moved postings

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by amina89, Jan 5, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Mac, we can say the same for you. Whatever works for you may not work for others. What you say may not necessarily be of a religious nature, but you sure do press your opinions as such.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Was I trying to prevent anyone from expressing their own opinions by expressing my own?

My statement of what I meant - as asked about -was simple. The piece amina posted sounded like religious teaching. [text following was self-moderated for content: no religion discussions on ALF]

Having said all that, however, I'm falling foul of the 'no religions' discussion rule on ALF so I'll shortly be deleting this posting and expect others to remove their own where they're to do with religion.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  3. amina89

amina89 New Member

Religious teaching is everything you believe and can not really prove right? reincarnation is a huge part of 2 world religions,buddhism and hinduism.I am not religious i just believe what i quoted,it could be from any religion.in fact i have no idea about bahaiism,never seen anyone with that faith

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Both those who believe in reincarnation and those who don't believe in reincarnation are about equally correct. It does happen, and a lot, but not in the form that any religion suggests. There is no time, so all of your incarnations happen at the same time; and the "you" that you believe you are now is a miniscule part of who you truly are! Many years ago I read an insight from an advanced being that seems to come closest to a simple way for us to understand reincarnation from here. She said, "think of yourself as a bucket out of which each lifetime is dipped and back into which each lifetime is poured."

kim likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

The last sentence sounds fine but I do question the earlier 'concurrent incarnations' notion. If that notion is indeed correct then it leads down a very complicated rabbit-hole and this simple soul can't make that journey. BUT without context it simply does not appeal to my reason.

I fall back on the sources whose guidance underpin my limited understanding and question why the primary one, a guy who last incarnated 3500 years ago but later returned to teach and guide, made no such mention despite being asked about reincarnation.

If the source of the concurrent incarnations notion was influenced by modern-day channeled words from a so-called ascended master then I'd be moved to question the dependability of that source.

6. RobertaGrimes

Dear Mac, the notion of concurrent incarnations comes from a number of sources, and also from the implications of other bits of information (the work of Brian Weiss, etc.). But no one says you have to believe anything that doesn't make sense to you!

poeticblue likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

I never just believe anything purporting to be spiritual guidance, Roberta. It either resonates or I decline it. My gut feeling about this issue is to pigeon-hole it as 'unsupported'. Brian Weiss???? ;)o_O

8. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I don't understand this statement, in the same way I don't quite understand information I have read elsewhere about lives being loved simultaneously.
    Weren't you just talking about how Mikey decided to incarnate again after a long time without incarnation in order to better understand our ulture and language so it could communicate better?
    If that is the case, then that last incarnation was not done simultaneously, it seems.
    Perhaps you misunderstand the idea that time does not exist, with the one that cause-effect and linearity doesnt exist?
    Time as a physical concept may not exist period, while concurrent events may still happen, as we observe here in this "reality".

9. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

Here seem to be the limitations of intuition and belief, I think.
    One party may believe all thinks happen at once, while the other does not- but how is either idea to be validated as closer to truth?
    Certainly intuition cannot do that. We may feel calmer or choose to accept something without it having any real truth whatsoever.
    We can only claim for something to be truth, I think, even if that idea may be short lived, so long as there is real testable evidence for it.
    Some "ascended master" being channeled by someone not giving many forms of tá gobble evidence doesn't seem to be a reliable source of information which applies to many.

bluebird likes this.
  10. RobertaGrimes

There is no time where Mikey is now. Period. It is impossible for us to understand from here how it feels to be without time!