1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

"how long...." thread - moved postings

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by amina89, Jan 5, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Along with so many other things we don't know much detail but as Roberta has indicated, reincarnation won't be like the religious versions of the notion. But it doesn't matter whether anyone is, or is not, a believer in reincarnation although it can help our understanding of some related notions. o_O

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yes. Well said! The truth about the whole of the greater reality is even more complex and confounding than is the truth about this little material subset of the greater reality that we presently inhabit. Most of that larger truth is in fact wonderful! Even better than our most optimistic imaginings! But, like it or not, what is true is true, whether we want to believe it or not. That is as much a given in the greater reality as it must be for us in the here and now.

kim likes this.
  3. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I do read all answers, but it seems you may not have read the questions and the context enough to understand what is being discussed prior to making accusations.
    What you have answered in the past refers to your world view.

These specific questions have not yet been answered in the context of lack of reincarnation, which is what the poster here is referencing, and the reason for my inquiry.
    The questions apply to these believers in a world view that, granted, is different from yours. This post was moved to this area of the forum by the moderator specifically because it would be a more proper area for discussing such things. I am interested as to how these members personally see the workings of the afterlife in their specific world view.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. RobertaGrimes

Convolution, are you eager to hear what my random uncle's world view is on quantum mechanics? No? Why not??

There is nowhere in this forum beyond the off-topic areas where idle speculation based in no factual grounding is welcomed. In the open threads, seekers are looking for facts about an essential set of topics that to this day get far too little attention beyond the random-uncle level of understanding. Here on ALF we treat them with the seriousness that they deserve. Until you also are prepared to do that, please discuss "specific world view" notions off-topic.

5. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

We each choose what we are eager to view. Until you present something about your uncle's view I may find compelling, I may in turn choose not to find it interesting. That is alright.
    Someone presented their world view, and I simply requested information about it.
    If you don't like it, that is fine, but perhaps you could read a little more and understand conversations prior to making assumptions and accusations.
    If this is yet another thing that you feel uncomfortable with, perhaps you could make it against the rules to ask others questions based on their views?
    Until then, I will take it I and others can continue to take that venue of inquiry.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. RobertaGrimes

Oh my. Well, do whatever you like in members' off-topic, Convolution! I used to wonder how we might help you here, and I know that other regular contributors have wanted to try to help you as well; but I am coming to think now that arguing for the sake of arguing is what you want to do, and actually finding the facts about death and the afterlife is not as important to you as you have made it seem. Well, fire away in the OT members' areas! There will probably be others who enjoy sharing in whatever it is that you are doing, but I am sorry - I really don't have the time.

7. amina89

amina89 New Member

I recently read a text from a Bahai site: to me this sounds so logical,i am not bahai but this is how i believe :

"We know from His Teachings that reincarnation does not exist. We come on to this planet once only. Our life here is like the baby in the womb of its mother, which develops in that state what is necessary for its entire life after it is born. The same is true of us. Spiritually we must develop here what we will require for the life after death. In that future life, God, through His Mercy, can help us to evolve characteristics which we neglected to develop while we were on this earthly plane. It is not necessary for us to come back and be born into another body in order to advance spiritually and grow closer to God.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Whatever works best for you but for me it smacks of one religion's take on the matter and I ain't big on most religions - including that one. ;)

9. amina89

amina89 New Member

what do you mean?

10. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I was lost along with you as well.