1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

How does it work,?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I haven't been on here in a while and I would like anybody's opinion on this particular subject I did ask carol to ask mikey but the answer was very vague. My question is this.so let's say my dad for example who has passed away 5 years ago decides to reincarnate, again only this time he reincarnates and he dies as a avery young baby with a severe physical and a mental disability ,I would like to know what then becomes of him the person I knew ?I mean does he remember his previous life as my father when he dies and goes to the afterlife as this young baby?Also if you get a really bad person on earth who is for example a serial killer here ehy would you choose to become this petson?because from my understanding of the afterlife is that we plan our lives before we come to earth, therefore why would any soul choose to these horrible things?,my apologies for bad grammar,

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Well, since you did say you want anyone's opinion....

To begin with, I'm not sure that reincarnation exists -- I think it might, and then again it might not. I also don't know whether or not an afterlife exists. For the sake of argument, lets suppose for the moment that both an afterlife and reincarnation do exist.

In that case, I think that while those who reincarnate experience and learn things in each life, which add to the totality of their knowledge and feelings and soul, ultimately it is that totality which is who they are when they are once again in the afterlife. So in your example, yes, your dad would remember his life as your father, and would still love you and know you. His life as a severely disabled baby probably wouldn't teach him much, and in any case I don't believe he would be stuck that way once he died and got to the afterlife again.

I definitely do not believe that "we plan our lives before we come to earth", so I do not believe that anyone pre-chooses to be a serial killer or the like. Serial killers happen because of mental illness, abuse, or environment, or some combination thereof, not because anyone decided before being born that s/he would be a serial killer. I think perhaps we may choose some of the main things in our lives, such as our gender or ethnicity, or maybe who our parents will be, but the rest I think we sort of develop and grow into only once we are here, making choices and experiencing various things, all of which contribute to who we become while here, and carry with us into the afterlife and into subsequent lives. It's an accretion of the soul via accumulation of lived experiences.

Anyway, that's my opinion. ;)

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I offer my views on the issues David has raised, mine underpinned by my present understanding - however limited - of survival. Unlike bluebird I've been totally persuaded about the survival situation for three and a half decades but about reincarnation I readily acknowledge considerable uncertainty.

Firstly I'd like to address David's feeling that Mikey was vague when replying earlier to an earlier question. The whole business of trans-dimensional communication is a complex one. The reply to any question is going to be influenced by a number of factors. One important factor is how the question is communicated, how clearly the question's details were communicated. The next is how a question is actually understood by the recipient and finally how well an answer is transmitted back. All those points are difficult enough in one dimension let alone across two dimensions using a go-between!

I've found when I put a question through Carol to Mikey that no matter how carefully I attempt to phrase my question, the reply may indicate I didn't succeed. Even in this world, asking a single question can lead to many more questions as we try to get a clearer answer. How many times - I wonder - have we thought to ourselves: "Oh that's not what I wanted to say. What I really meant was ...."? So asking Mikey a question may not work the way we intended but we can't keep asking additional questions to try to get our points over better. On to reincarnation then.

I reckon the basic principle of reincarnation is simply not understood - not even by those who are persuaded about all the other aspects of survival. How many times have I related what renowned guide and teacher Silver Birch said about some of his peers asserting they'd never met anyone who had reincarnated? If that's truly the case for some spiritually-evolved individuals, what hope do we have?

Trying to nail a complex and wholly hypothetical reincarnation scenario is as fruitless as trying to nail what UFOs and extra-terrestrial are. To discuss either situation effectively we would first need to understand the details and the most knowledgeable of us barely grasp the basics.

At best, trying to figure reincarnation is like trying to sprint or be a marathon runner when we've only just stopped shuffling around the floor on our bums. ;)

baob likes this.
  4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Thank you both indeed mac and bluebird forvy9yr very helpful answers and I hope you are both well ,personally ive only been researching the afterlife only 5years after my dad passed away ,I am more convinced of its existence now than I ever was before,but certainly in the research ive done reincarnated pops up a lot so I'm personally believe in it in some form,please excuse my grammar i have a learning disability, cheers ,David

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Reincarnation fascinates many - the idea, the romance, of having lived lives before this one. That plus the attraction of immortality, of course.

After thirty odd years of banging on about survival and the way we live 'over there' I'm finding I'm questioning more-and-more what I thought I understood, the stuff I've heard about and what it means. Not questioning its veracity but questioning the way I used to visualise matters compared with the way(s) I visualise them now.

Certain issues have become more clear or taken one a different 'hue', certain issues I'm seeing in ways I hadn't seen them earlier. Progress perhaps? Who knows!? :eek:

Storybud68 likes this.