1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

How do you know odd coincidences are actually signs from a spirit?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Juniper, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Your mistake, David, is in considering such issues in isolation.

You focus on what we don't properly understand - and my god I never deny there's plenty of that - but you're not looking at the abundance of evidence that life goes on beyond the grave. Whatever the full situation may be, we 'believers' have heard and accepted there are no rules to prevent communication.

But we're not here to persuade you of anything and at this point in your life there's maybe no need for you to know. It may be the same for the majority of earth's population. Maybe it's just a mystery and will never be more than ghosts and ghouls and things that go bump in the night

I do hope you never have the desperate need to know that some individuals have.

2. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I agree with that mac,I do have a desperate need for undeniable proof in this life.and I guess maybe I have to face the fact that I'll never find that.Maybe I'll just start enjoying life a little,rather than worrying and wandering all.the time about the after life.cheers.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

That cheers me up no end, David! :) I love talking about this afterlife stuff but life is for getting on with and not for worrying about what happens after we die when you don't really need to know yet....

You could always do what I do with stuff I can't figure - stick it in the notional pigeon-hole marked
    'For Attention Later - maybe'. ;)

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

well said mac ,I'll.park it for now and enjoy the here and now, I'm going to have a beer for starters and enjoy the weekend hope you have a good one mac.cheers.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Beer sounds good to me - gin as well - and others....:D cheers!

6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Once you're gone... We will all meet up and try to contact you.

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

There are some reported cases of group signs and group communications, but they are rare. I think our problem in understanding this is that most people are still stuck in the illusion that our minds are separate, when in fact there is quite literally only one Mind. Your individual awareness is an inextricable part of that one Mind which is all that exists, and the "otherness" - the sense of separation between us - is just an illusion. As they say in A Course in Miracles study groups, "There is only one of us here. And that one is me." (Or sometimes they say "That one is you.") Therefore what one mind perceives is actually a perception by all of Mind, and the primary reason why one mind registers it is that it is important or of interest to that one mind alone. Or perhaps only that one mind is in a place to perceive it.

Perhaps most importantly, really significant signs are too precious for us to want to share them. I have elsewhere reported the three amazing days of clouds of butterflies and dragonflies that my mother gave to me right after her death - clearly out in the world, and lasting all afternoon for three whole afternoons! It is first now that it occurs to me that it was probably odd that I didn't so much as call to my husband to come and enjoy the spectacle; but instead I sat outside in the heat of an Austin August and reveled in three days of amazement and communed with my wonderful mother. And the way I handled this - and other signs I have received - is probably typical. You KNOW it's real, and you just want to live it!

Storybud68 likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not confident it helps individuals to speak of there being just one mind. It's hard enough getting your head around the notion of survival as an individual without then saying we're only mind anyway. I'd wager that for many/most the concept of mind is even less developed than their concept of survival.

I find it simpler to portray us as individuals with autonomy who experience life and death as individuals. That way signs and symbols are personal issues sent by loved ones who we also (consciously) knew as solid-in-the-flesh people.

Your butterflies and dragonflies, Roberta, were intended just for you, an individual, to enjoy and recognise for what they were.

It was just for my wife when the 'dead' grandmother she adored appeared to her after she had lost her baby son, a grandma special in my wife's very difficult young life, someone who always stood up for and loved her. She came to say she was looking after her baby. That was just for my wife. :)

Such seems to be the way for most signs and symbols, one exception perhaps being when spiritually like-minded groups come together in experimental work, eg apports received by individuals working together for rescue or for communication.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Out on a training run earlier this week I found myself thinking about how/if I might be able to communicate to members still back here on ALF what I hope I'll learn after I get 'back-home'. I thought I might try:

If I could still be bothered once I've done here and with so many tempting things to do 'over there'
    If I knew or could learn how to communicate effectively across the dimensions
    If ALF still existed
    If there was someone who was receptive enough
    If I could show that person who was reaching out to them
    If I could remember what it was we used to talk about!!! :p

I might, I just might, try to 'get word back' and explain the stuff we've discussed, debated, disagreed about or even fallen out over. :D

Kurt likes this.
  10. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

ForeverAutumn,

I don't believe there is a "god", but otherwise I find your idea somewhat in line with my own way of thinking. That is, if there is an afterlife at all, I think it quite possible/likely that each of us does remain our own individual, but is also connected to everyone else (to greater and lesser degrees, in my opinion -- the greater degrees being with our loved ones). I don't believe that we each are each other, but I do think it's quite possible that we are all connected, both in this life and in the next if there is a next.

You expressed/explained your view very well; thank you for sharing it. :)

Kurt likes this.