1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by shanny, Jun 23, 2021.

1. shanny

shanny New Member

It's such a privilege to be here. I've been really enjoying all your posts. The wealth of knowledge on here is incredible.
    I've recently discovered spirituality in the last 6 months and it has changed my life. I was always feeling like there was something huge in my life missing and I've been on antidepressants for a long time. I'm now coming off them for the first time in about 18 years :)
    I've got loads of books already and cannot read enough! I started with Dolores Cannon, then I discovered Roberta and through her, the wonderful Carol and Mikey!
    I can't wait to chat with you guys it is lovely to be here :)

Kind regards
    Matt

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Glad I could resolve the registration hiccup. ;) welcome to ALF :)

3. shanny

shanny New Member

Thank you Mac

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Welcome to ALF, shanny.

I'm sure you're already aware and have discussed this with your doctor, but just in case -- when coming off antidepressants, it's almost always advised to step down one's dosage gradually rather than stopping abruptly / "cold turkey" (so as to avoid serotonin syndrome and other issues), so please discuss with your doctor if you haven't already done so.

Also, the little one in your profile photo is adorable! :D:)

5. shanny

shanny New Member

Hi Bluebird!

Thank you for your lovely message. I'm coming off them very slowly and cautiously with the help from my Dr. I've tried in the past but never managed it, but it's going very well this time round :)
    The little one is Monty, he's awesome

Lovely to meet you. Take care.

Matt

6. bluebird

You're very welcome. :) Glad to hear you're coming off the meds safely, and that it's going well.

Monty is precious, just look at that face! :D How old is he?

7. shanny

shanny New Member

He's 2 and a half :) We have a little girl on the way too...going to be very busy! I would love it if they grew up to be spiritual too, I won't force it but hopefully it will rub off on them!
    How are you?

Matt

8. bluebird

Awwww! Congratulations on both wee ones! That's nice, having one boy and one girl. Giving them the opportunity to be spiritual, without forcing it on them -- I do think that's the right way to proceed.

Does Monty understand that he is going to be a big brother (I don't know if a 2.5 year old is able to understand what that means)?

9. shanny

shanny New Member

He does! He kisses his mummy's tummy now which is very cute at nursery he put one of the dolls up his top and started rubbing his tummy

10. bluebird

:D:) Well that's just too cute, lol!