Hello again

mac

Administrator
I'm sorry to tell you, Skye, that Knight 1985 didn't stick around and hasn't been on ALF since May when he first arrived.

Skye

Occasional Contributor
I'm sorry to tell you, Skye, that Knight 1985 didn't stick around and hasn't been on ALF since May when he first arrived.
Ah, no problem Mac. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you telling me.

mac

Administrator
So many new members visit a couple of times, sometimes just once, and then they're gone. :(

mac

Administrator
Regrettably, I believe this is happening everywhere. :(
I've written about this before here on ALF but also elsewhere. Facebook special interest pages attract many seekers but forum-based websites probably seem old-hat by comparison. People can do what they wish, of course, but I find it disappointing so few choose to start or join a conversation.

Skye

Occasional Contributor
I've written about this before here on ALF but also elsewhere. Facebook special interest pages attract many seekers but forum-based websites probably seem old-hat by comparison. People can do what they wish, of course, but I find it disappointing so few choose to start or join a conversation.
Yes, I hear you loud and clear and agree with you, in that people are free to do as they wish. I sometimes think back to the forum-based websites and miss the interesting discussions we had at that time. I know of several people who are becoming disillusioned with Facebook, maybe the trend is about to turn.

mac

Administrator
Yes, I hear you loud and clear and agree with you, in that people are free to do as they wish. I sometimes think back to the forum-based websites and miss the interesting discussions we had at that time. I know of several people who are becoming disillusioned with Facebook, maybe the trend is about to turn.
People naturally enjoy something totally new. Facebook used to be novel but it's not now and young uns use other media. I'm an old fart for whom it never had much attraction and it was only in the last 5 years or so that I registered for an account because there are times when it's very useful.

It's to be hoped that there will still be some serious websites around for those who want to understand more than social media pages offer. You know the slogan "Once they're gone, they're gone." I must have been a regular contributor on a dozen or more spiritual websites, hardly any of which have more than a small handful of contributors and some sites have simply gone to the wall. There's no coming back for them and even the ones still hanging on may fail eventually when their founders give up their former interests or even pass over. Ain't none of us gettin' any younger.

Skye

Occasional Contributor
People naturally enjoy something totally new. Facebook used to be novel but it's not now and young uns use other media. I'm an old fart for whom it never had much attraction and it was only in the last 5 years or so that I registered for an account because there are times when it's very useful.

It's to be hoped that there will still be some serious websites around for those who want to understand more than social media pages offer. You know the slogan "Once they're gone, they're gone." I must have been a regular contributor on a dozen or more spiritual websites, hardly any of which have more than a small handful of contributors and some sites have simply gone to the wall. There's no coming back for them and even the ones still hanging on may fail eventually when their founders give up their former interests or even pass over. Ain't none of us gettin' any younger.
Yes, none of us are getting any younger that's for sure. One of my granddaughters is able to communicate with Spirit and I am doing my utmost to ensure she (when ready) learns mediumship without the fear, nonsense, and rituals that are attached to the majority of its teachings being currently taught. Whether her interest remains as she grows is yet to be seen, however, I am hopeful that she continues to believe in herself and trust Spirit above human beings when it comes to developing and delivering a communication from Spirit.

mac

Administrator
I hope all works out for her when she's matured and done the things she wants to do in life. If it's in her future serving the spirit can follow at the appropriate time.

Skye

Occasional Contributor
I hope all works out for her when she's matured and done the things she wants to do in life. If it's in her future serving the spirit can follow at the appropriate time.
Yes, absolutely, 100% agree, Mac. The decision is entirely hers to make whatever she decides to do with her life. Neither I nor any of her family would want her to do something she doesn't want to do. This is why it's important she believes and trusts more in herself than anyone else whether they're in Spirit or in her physical life. Her life is and always will be her responsibility.

jobun

Occasional Contributor
I prefer the forum based websites, and frequent many of them, but like it was said, they are starting to fade away. I don't always know what to write, as I am often misunderstood when I try to make a comment or write a question, so most of the time I'm a lurker. The Paranormal Forum that the original poster wrote about, I've lurked there for many years. I haven't even registered with them, because I don't feel like I can contribute much.
and I'm often gone from the sites for months at a time, due to time issues with work and/or personal life. I have found you mac on many sites even if I don't contribute to them and you are as knowledgeable on every one of them. I appreciate the work you do. I wish I had half the knowledge you possess, and I wish I could find a spiritualist church here in the states. (aside from Salem MA....;) )

Hi Mac,

Glad to see you after so many years. I was away from these forums as I realized it was affecting my thoughts. However, recently I was very ill and these thoughts returned. I've read what happens, but the whole reincarnation thing has me confused. If I have lived many lives before, what has happened to those previous versions of me. Are they simply a record in a book, or they exist in some plane? If I reincarnate again, what happens to me, do I also become a record or do I exist on some plane.

Reincarnation only exists for those who believe there is a past and future. I do not.

mac

Administrator
Reincarnation only exists for those who believe there is a past and future. I do not.
welcome to ALF :)

You'll forgive me, I'm sure, when I respond by saying no matter what you BELIEVE the reality is the way it is and your personal belief can't change that. Nevertheless you may have decided that for you this incarnation - which based on your idea would be your only one - is your first and will be your last. And nobody can force you to change your approach so you'd be right - for you there will/would be no reincarnation.

Or you could be hopelessly wrong and after you've returned to the world of the spirit you'll find that you've had other incarnations, the ones you're not aware of as an incarnate. tricky, huh? ;)

blessings