• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

Has anyone here had what they believe to be a glimpse of the afterlife?

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I just posted a thread on the website which has to do with this, before seeing this thread of yours. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there, below:

"
I died earlier this year (2021) after my body went completely freezing cold and my heart stopped (I'm not going to provide full details on the event).
After that, I went through a large sequence of rather "unexplainable phenomena" during my 'death experience' (whatever that even means) which felt like it lasted a long time.

5 to 6 days later (apparently) I appeared in a "hospital" and was told I was "in a coma for 5-6 days".
Furthermore, the doctor said, "Don't let it happen again, because next time, we can't bring you back" in a very matter-of-fact way as if you only get a "you get resurrected one time card" (pardon my humor here...but believe me...none of this was funny at all).
This all happened in tandem with an event of a paramedic putting me in the back of an ambulance saying, "I remember my last life, it was confusing" before shutting the doors on me.

Let's just say I am extremely lost as to what in the actual hell is going on because as an educated college-graduate medical professional who used to be the supervisor for large hospitals, this is not what I learned throughout my entire life in any education.
Something is not adding up and I've been in "spiritual grief" about what has been going on since this experience.

Am I the only one that's in this 'place' experiencing everything like this?
Has anybody else literally been dragged through a large rainbow tunnel by multidimensional creatures while being in a strange astral-void form and then entered a quiet quantum plane and room, only to be dragged back to their body with a very "broken existence" that occurs afterwards where nothing is making sense? And yes, that is what happened to me. I remember it, clearly, more vivid and real than anything one could ever "imagine" in this human life.

This (post-death experience) has literally been the most awful and alone experience 'imaginable' and I am hoping to find a place where others have shared some sort of rendition of the true pain, hell, and torment I've been experiencing and experienced; moreover, I'm hoping that somebody has an answer as to how to make "this new experience" all stop and overcome the horrors of what are faced post-death.

I know this probably sounds like "nonsense" to some people and quite frankly I don't care. Believe me, I thought one of the last things I would have ever done in my entire life would be to logon an afterlife forum at 2:52 AM to write this post. I would have bet 1 in 1 trillion against the odds of me ever doing that without even blinking an eye.
I'd like to add there's an entire hospital with records, LAPD, and a psychiatrist that can attest to the truth of all of this, as well as my family member who watched me die on their hallway floor, as well as a host of unanswered...questions.
As much of disbelief as some people possibly are, I am just as much in disbelief.

I welcome any responses...
Thank you....

"

If you want me to further elucidate my "experiences", although I'm a bit concerned that the Universe hates me right now for sharing them or even making it a possibility (I have reasons for me saying this right now, by the way, trust me), feel free to ask..... I'm still sitting here searching for answers, desperately.

I don't know if this will be a disappointment but the universe doesn't give a stuff about you.

You don't need to persuade us about what's happened and we don't doubt what you're saying. If we haven't heard the exact similar details before then we'll have heard equivalent.

We don't need to hear every detail of your near-death experience but would it help YOU to share them? There is a forum here where you can do exactly that. Maybe you could also tell us something about you the person?

Ruby

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Do you have any specific videos from him or others
I was looking at one the other day from B Kastrup as follows:- Bernardo Kastrup on "Analytical Idealism, Materialism, The Self and the Connectedness of you and I" on the channel "Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal". It appears to be four hours long (!) so might be quite comprehensive. I didn't glean much from listening to parts of it! I have noted down a book which I'd be better off with:- "Spiritual Science" by Steve Taylor. It is an accessible form of "Irreducible Mind" by Ed Kelly, which is difficult for the lay person. Ed Kelly is based at the University of Virginia and if you scroll down from the homepage of the Division of Perceptual Studies there are a lot of presentations to watch. But your man for near death experiences is Bruce Grayson. Hope this helps.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I was looking at one the other day from B Kastrup as follows:- Bernardo Kastrup on "Analytical Idealism, Materialism, The Self and the Connectedness of you and I" on the channel "Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal". It appears to be four hours long (!) so might be quite comprehensive. I didn't glean much from listening to parts of it! I have noted down a book which I'd be better off with:- "Spiritual Science" by Steve Taylor. It is an accessible form of "Irreducible Mind" by Ed Kelly, which is difficult for the lay person. Ed Kelly is based at the University of Virginia and if you scroll down from the homepage of the Division of Perceptual Studies there are a lot of presentations to watch. But your man for near death experiences is Bruce Grayson. Hope this helps.

There are websites whose total focus is on near-death, Ruby, and if that's all this member is interested in then maybe he'd do better visiting them.

But I was hoping he'd be looking to understand the bigger picture, something that no NDE website covers because near-death is not - as we've often pointed out - the same as actual, corporeal death. And as NDE isn't death then NDE websites may not be looking at afterlife issues either, I would guess. Horses for courses - who wants what?

Ruby

Established Member
Yes, I understand. However, I'm not all that sure what you mean by understanding the "bigger picture". I still think it's worth listening to the likes of B Greyson and other scientists as the research undertaken represents the best efforts of man to find out what is going on when we experience these strange effects, and the poster is a medical professional so he may be more comfortable with an analytical approach.

bluebird

Major Contributor
I just posted a thread on the website which has to do with this, before seeing this thread of yours. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there, below:

"
I died earlier this year (2021) after my body went completely freezing cold and my heart stopped (I'm not going to provide full details on the event).
After that, I went through a large sequence of rather "unexplainable phenomena" during my 'death experience' (whatever that even means) which felt like it lasted a long time.

5 to 6 days later (apparently) I appeared in a "hospital" and was told I was "in a coma for 5-6 days".
Furthermore, the doctor said, "Don't let it happen again, because next time, we can't bring you back" in a very matter-of-fact way as if you only get a "you get resurrected one time card" (pardon my humor here...but believe me...none of this was funny at all).
This all happened in tandem with an event of a paramedic putting me in the back of an ambulance saying, "I remember my last life, it was confusing" before shutting the doors on me.

Let's just say I am extremely lost as to what in the actual hell is going on because as an educated college-graduate medical professional who used to be the supervisor for large hospitals, this is not what I learned throughout my entire life in any education.
Something is not adding up and I've been in "spiritual grief" about what has been going on since this experience.

Am I the only one that's in this 'place' experiencing everything like this?
Has anybody else literally been dragged through a large rainbow tunnel by multidimensional creatures while being in a strange astral-void form and then entered a quiet quantum plane and room, only to be dragged back to their body with a very "broken existence" that occurs afterwards where nothing is making sense? And yes, that is what happened to me. I remember it, clearly, more vivid and real than anything one could ever "imagine" in this human life.

This (post-death experience) has literally been the most awful and alone experience 'imaginable' and I am hoping to find a place where others have shared some sort of rendition of the true pain, hell, and torment I've been experiencing and experienced; moreover, I'm hoping that somebody has an answer as to how to make "this new experience" all stop and overcome the horrors of what are faced post-death.

I know this probably sounds like "nonsense" to some people and quite frankly I don't care. Believe me, I thought one of the last things I would have ever done in my entire life would be to logon an afterlife forum at 2:52 AM to write this post. I would have bet 1 in 1 trillion against the odds of me ever doing that without even blinking an eye.
I'd like to add there's an entire hospital with records, LAPD, and a psychiatrist that can attest to the truth of all of this, as well as my family member who watched me die on their hallway floor, as well as a host of unanswered...questions.
As much of disbelief as some people possibly are, I am just as much in disbelief.

I welcome any responses...
Thank you....

"

If you want me to further elucidate my "experiences", although I'm a bit concerned that the Universe hates me right now for sharing them or even making it a possibility (I have reasons for me saying this right now, by the way, trust me), feel free to ask..... I'm still sitting here searching for answers, desperately.

Wow. I have no idea what happened to you -- whether it was your imagination, or the last gasps of a dying mind/body, or an NDE, or a glimpse of an afterlife, or what. Whatever it was, it sounds as though it was incredibly frightening for you, so I'm sorry it happened to you.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Yes, I understand. However, I'm not all that sure what you mean by understanding the "bigger picture". I still think it's worth listening to the likes of B Greyson and other scientists as the research undertaken represents the best efforts of man to find out what is going on when we experience these strange effects, and the poster is a medical professional so he may be more comfortable with an analytical approach.
What I mean by 'the bigger picture', Ruby, is the overall picture about life, about death and about what follows - in that order.

So many individuals arrive seeking specific answers to specific questions when they have no basic grounding about anything relevant. It's like trying to understand advanced mathematics when you have only just learned to add, subtract and do a few of your times-tables. Reading up on specific issues may broaden one's awareness of just how complex a subject is but doesn't really get you much further.

As for scientists and their approach to matters of the spirit let's just say many have a long ways to go! ;) :)

mac

site administrator
Staff member
The first thing that has to be grasped is that death is irreversible. There's no 'coming back' to life once you've died. That's the single most important thing that has to be understood. Once that's been grasped and accepted it's possible to analyse what happened knowing the experience was one that falls into the broad category of a 'near death experience'.

From there one can begin to investigate the 'whys and wherefores' and perhaps start to make sense of something that affects folk all the way from extremely negatively to life-affirmingly positively. We have a forum here on ALF for NDE discussions and if this thread develops I'll move it there.