1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Has anyone here actually seen a loved one after death?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by bluebird, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Waller

Waller Banned

Originally Posted by ShingingLight1967 One of the things I have started researching is finding an medium that would allow me to speak with him. I have found some that do phone readings, but get a little nervous about booking a session because I dont actually know if they are "the real deal."

Mental mediumship is most evidential over the phone and there is a long history of this method of incarnate-discarnate communication being successful. Over the phone, this does not include Skype or similar videocasts, the medium cannot read your facial emotions, your body posture or anything that might give information, accidentally or not, to the medium. I have had my most evidential mental mediumship sessions via email.

If you seek a touchy-feely personal experience then, of course, a face-2-face encounter is preferable.

2. Waller

Waller Banned

This begs a deeper question.

If this physical existence is an illusion, and it is, then who/what is in communication with whom/what? Let me suggest that the communication is happening at your Higher Mind level, that the HM pushes 'down' the information, the communication, to your physical mind who, as is its chore, displays this event as an experience as if it was happening from the discarnate directly to your physical brain on Earth.

Deeeep, yes? lol

3. janef

janef Major Contributor

Thanks very much Jim for this explanation. Although I have had excellent ph. readings, I can see where this would be a step more personal to speak to a loved one directly and hear the answers either telepathically or thru the medium. This is really special... very healing.

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experience.
    I cannot believe my own perceptions, because they were so wrong when they most needed to be right. I have had quite a few possible signs, and I am grateful for them and thank my husband when they occur, but they are not enough.

5. bluebird

Thanks so much for posting, ShingingLight1967. I am sorry for your loss. It sounds as though you feel very much as I do. Like you, my husband was and is and always will be my soulmate, my love, my everything.

Our path was different than yours, but in a way we were on a new path, or rather a new branch of our constant path, because of our wedding/marriage. We never got to live that, and for us that is a tragedy. As a result, I am unable to believe in any sort of loving god, and if there is one I want nothing to do with it.

I think when you truly need communication from your soulmate, it is very difficult not to doubt possible signs/communication, because since the need is so great the signs might just be wishful thinking. I truly hope they're not, for both of us. It sounds as though you have had some good possible signs, though. So have I. I wish I had some dreams with my husband, though, in which he actually communicated with me. If you are willing to share it, I would like to hear the story of the football play-off game incident.

We didn't have kids, which is a huge sorrow to me, but at the same time since we don't have any, that's one less tether anchoring me to this life, which is good. Every day I "speak" to my husband, asking him to come back (as long as that wouldn't hurt him or cause him harm), or if that's not possible, asking him to come get me so that we can be together. Knowing that my husband still exists, that he is happy & ok, that he is still himself, and that we will be together again, is literally the most important thing in the universe to me.

6. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 New Member

Thank you jimrich for your explanation of why a F2F would be a great comfort. I am still very gun-shy when it comes to meeting with a medium because I am always the skeptic, looking for the logical explanation of how they are getting their information. (probably because I am involved in the legal field and always looking for evidence either the preponderance or beyond a reasonable doubt... LOL) I am still researching the subject and trying to figure out how to find a reputable one. (I see that there are recommendations here that I will follow up on)

7. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 New Member

bluebird,

When I read this post, it knocked me off my chair. I cried because reading what you posted encompassed every single thing I was and have been feeling since he passed. We were together for 14 years and the Saturday before his heart attack we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. After some rocky times, we were back on the same page and as happy as we had ever been. I was brought up in the church and do have a belief in God, but cursed God for taking him from me when we were back on track. I couldnt believe that God could be so cruel to take him from me, just when I got him back.

I am also a student of facts and evidence. I had just taken a class in Philosophy of how to discuss weird things, so the class dealt with things like.. NDEs, Out of Body experiences, ghosts, conspiracy theories and the like. That is not to say I have never had ADC before, because I had.. from my Mom.. a few days after her passing...

My Mom had Parkinsons and Lewy Body Dementia, and in the months prior to her passing, the dementia was getting worse. To the point we had to put her in a nursing home because she needed around the clock care. I knew, once this happened, it was only a matter of time before she passed. She passed fairly suddenly from what was thought to be a blood clot that traveled to her brain. It was hard... and I missed her. A few days afterwards I was crying as I was getting ready to go somewhere.... I dont remember where. And I was saying how I missed her and wanted her home, she spoke to me, in a voice that was clear as day, that I could NOT doubt and told me to let her go. I knew at that moment that she was happy, and healthy and was dancing like she used to love to do. While I still miss her to this day (that was 4 years ago January) I have never once doubted she told me to let her go and I have never once doubted that she is OK.

Why is it so different with my husband? I dont know nor do I understand why it is so difficult for me to believe that the experiences I have had since his passing have been him trying to communicate with me. I have had several experiences which I should understand are him. But I doubt, and try to find a logical explanation for them.

A brief explanation of the playoff game is that during the Denver and Patriots game (my husband is an AVID Broncos fan) a random crowd shot found and trained on a man in the crowd that looked exactly like my husband. Several people saw it and thought the same thing. We all thought OMG, that random fan shot, that the camera stayed on for well over 5 seconds looks exactly like my husband. How odd that out of all the fans in the stands, the camera finds the one guy, who isnt doing anything crazy and is just sitting in the stands, to train their camera on for several seconds, and happens to look exactly like my husband. Everyone who saw the the live image or saw the picture that I took and sent to people said the same exact thing.

Even people who dont know me, but were shown a picture of him, then the picture of the fan in the crowd... find it uncanny.

We have all come to believe that this was the most public, in your face way to show that he was OK. And how fitting.. at the Broncos game where they beat the Patriots to move on to the Super Bowl.

And yet... I still try to find logical explanations. I feel like in the month after his passing, and still a little to this day, that he is standing there jumping up and down trying to get me to "see" him and I cant or wont because I am still to much in shock in the realization that he will never physically walk back into our house.

And so maybe I am trying to see his physical presence and maybe because I dont "see" him, I am missing all the ways that he is communicating with me, which is cause the doubt.

8. bluebird

jimrich,

I think your post was directed towards ShingingLight1967, but as her situation and reaction to it are very similar to mine, I feel the need to say that it may not be about codependency at all. It isn't in my case; the relationship between me and my husband was never controlling or anything like that, from either of us. For me, this is about the immense love he and I have for each other, how happy we were together and how well-suited to each other (though neither of us is perfect, by any means), our strong friendship, and our strong passion. Being together was joyful for us. We didn't need to spend every moment together or anything, but each of us preferred being with the other over anything else.

So, my husband's death has destroyed my life. Not because of any codependency, but because life for me is immeasurably poorer and more sorrowful without him here (and especially because I do not have faith in an afterlife).

It may be the same for ShingingLight.

9. Waller

Waller Banned

A path you chose in a family [of souls] that aspired to have the same experiences. One of the many lessons of codependency is to learn not to compromise yourself by attaching to the energetic patterns of others. Instead assume a position of observation only.

One of the most devastating of these consequences, or effects, was that human beings began to express emotions in destructive ways. Because the channel between Spiritual Self and human self was disrupted by planetary condition, the human ego began to develop the belief that it was separate from other humans and from the Source. This belief in separation from Self, from the discarnate devolves into an excuse for extended grief where the extended griever blocks out the possibilities (realities) of the eternal nature of the soul.

Such that codependency can happen between the living, the living and the dead, representing an illusion of control.

It is a wonderful learning tool if it is realized as such. It is a wonderful learning tool if it is not realized as such. Either way it is an experience that is most highly sought by souls the proof as it is so commonplace on this earthly plane. One has to only search for the perceived benefits of codependency, why one chooses to continue in such a manner, since we do nothing - nothing - that we don't expect to be in our best favor.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  10. bluebird

ShingingLight1967,

It sounds as though the ADC experience with your Mom was/is very validating for you. You are lucky/blessed to have had that experience.

I think part of why it might be so different with your husband is because with your spouse/partner, in a good relationship that person's soul is truly intertwined with yours, and you are a big part of the future for each other. While it is undeniably sad when a loved parent or other family member or close friend dies, it just isn't comparable (in most cases) to having your soulmate, your lover, the other parent to your (actual or potential) children, your partner into the future, die. ESPECIALLY when he or she does much too young. It's sad when any loved one dies, but when it's a parent or grandparent or other older person, it is less jarring..

Thank you for sharing the playoff game experience. I had a somewhat similar experience, in which I saw a clear outline of my husband's face in a kind of curtain (I think I relayed that story somewhere earlier in this thread). Other people saw him, too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016