1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Has anyone here actually seen a loved one after death?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by bluebird, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

terig,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your stories. I have had events occur which may have been signs from my husband; however, I don't know if they actually are, for a couple of reasons. First, because I don't know if there is actually an afterlife. Second, because I do not trust my own perceptions anymore, partly because I so much want and need my husband to still exist and be communicating with me and so I know the signs could just be wishful thinking on my part, and partly because my perceptions before my husband died were wrong (I never though god or the universe or whatever would be so cruel as to separate us), so I can't trust them anymore.

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

can't help but wonder how

think you could elaborate? :)

3. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 New Member

I am not sure if this is still an active thread. I am new here, but this one thread has touched me more than anything.

Some history, I, as bluebird, suddenly lost my husband this past December to a heart attack. He was and still is the love of my life, my best friend, my soul mate and my hero. In reading this thread, I understand each and every emotion that is being spoken about, and understand more than anything the looking for concrete proof that he is OK.

I have doubted the existence of God... have cursed him for taking my love from me, just when I got him back. (We had some rocky times and were getting back on track in the months before he left. ) and have doubted the communications that might be from him. I have been searching and "looking" for him at every turn, and have been disheartened when I havent seen him.

I too, have had what would be communications from him, that I have doubted... From tugging on my shirt collar the weekend after he passed, to the breaking of a candle sconce after a night that was fairly emotion, to dreams where he told me he couldnt stop what was happening, to a very public display of what appeared to be him at his favorite football team's play-off game that was witnessed by several people. Even through this all, I have had doubt that these were communications from him.

Tonight.....as I was reading through this thread, he tugged on the back of my sweatshirt.

Everyday I miss him, more than before. Everyday I think and ask him if he wants me to join him....because I will meet him where he is at. I stop short because I have kids, and I cant leave them in a world of hurt. But I will tell you, the thought of leaving this world to be with him doesnt scare me.

I am doing research, reading, asking questions, and trying to understand. I too want to know he is OK and that we will see each other again.

I am going to continue to read through these forums and all the articles and websites that have been suggested.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh my dear, your post has touched me very much as well! I wish I could hug you now and tell you more of what is going on, and why these things happen (as we can best understand it), and how perfectly it all will work out for you and your love. YES, what you describe are almost certainly all signs! Your darling is desperate to get you help and comfort, and no doubt he led you here. YES, all is well, you will be together again soon, but NO, he emphatically does not want you to join him! It is criminal that your culture has so let you down in keeping you in ignorance about what actually is going on, but that ignorance is about to end. And meanwhile, please know that good answers are there, they will comfort you tremendously, and you and he are both safe in everlasting arms.

If you would like them, I will be happy to send you PDFs of The Fun of Dying and The Fun of Staying in Touch - please just send me an email at rgrimes@robertagrimes.com. FOSIT, especially, would be of real help to you now, as you begin to interact with him more intensively in this new variant of your eternal relationship! And meanwhile, dear beautiful friend, we all are sending you love and hugs.

5. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

The communication was mostly telepathic in nature plus the feelings I was having. Jimmy's spiritual personality was absolutely his but way more pleasant or content. His references to his now dead body and his grieving wife made it clear to me that he knew he was no longer 'in' the physical world but still recognized all of it as once belong to him. In many ways, there is not much to say about the event that can be shown a "proof" of Jimmy's reality or presence and I am ever so glad that my sensitive wife was right there to confirm what I was experiencing and feeling since she too was in communication with Jimmy. I do not say with Jimmy's spirit because it was Jimmy him self and not some item of possession like "his spirit". I do not "have" a spirit. I "am" spirit and so are you. But here we are, caught up in the semantics jungle which is why it is nearly impossible to accurately describe all that happened to convince me and my wife that we were actually in contact with a dead person. The same was true when my mom came to be with us only a few hours after her death over in Arizona. The event was 'real' for me because of her distinctive personality and things she spoke of that my 'medium' wife could not have known. By the way, my medium wife, completely leaves the situation and the visiting spirit is free to say and do whatever she/it wants. I cannot 'prove' that Jimmy was alive and right there, not only shortly after his death but also for a few days riding around with us in our car. He wanted donuts and hotdogs and, at one point, he tried to enter and walk around in Irene's body. She did not like that and told Jimmy not to enter her which he honored and stopped trying to walk around in her BUT he was not unhappy or upset by her request. I take it that some non-incarnates still want to enjoy the experiences and tastes of earth life so they may 'hang around' sensitives, like my wife, to please their desires. It's just a guess but Jimmy more or less showed us that he still wanted to engage in pleasures and desires here. I hope this is not too weird or mysterious. It's my most honest and sincere version of the few non-incarnate experiences I've had. There are a few others and the features are pretty much the same. I knew the non-incarnate was actually the person mostly due to recognizing their afterlife personality and pieces of knowledge. That's about it since I have never seen a visible image of a non-incarnate/spirit other than one that I may have formed in my own imagination upon meeting them. This description and recall could go on for many more pages so I'll stop here to let you (and others) digest the information.
    best wishes,
    jim :D

6. Waller

Waller Banned

If you can be so foirtunate to have access to a physical medium and your loved ones you seek come through either in independent direct voice orin a full manifestation, you really have hit the jackpot.

Bold/underline is mine.

Here is the key. An open mind uncluttered by religious or spiritualistic dogma and a pure intent, you're in like Flint, er flint. :D

7. ShingingLight1967

Thank you

Thank you Roberta for your response.

I have been doing a lot of reading through the threads and finding that the questions I am asking, others are asking as well. I am oddly comforted by that. I am wondering if as you said, that he brought me to this forum so that I can hopeful get some of insight to the questions that I continue to have.

I do have to admit that I am always trying to find logical answers to these things I have experienced. I am always looking for that concrete proof that what I have experienced is communication from him v. my grieving mind making things up. I tend to look for the logical answer for what has happened, but then fear that if that continues he will stop trying to communicate.

I can relate to wanting to actually "see" him... because I continue to "look" for him and cant find him.

Not to mention the anger, at him and myself and the guilt I have.

8. ShingingLight1967

One of the things I have started researching is finding an medium that would allow me to speak with him. I have found some that do phone readings, but get a little nervous about booking a session because I dont actually know if they are "the real deal."

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

My dear, you are lucky to have a medium in the family, but that is true of few of us! And many of the best spiritual mediums actually prefer to do phone readings, Susanne Wilson (the very best!) included. She tells me that having the sitter right there with her can confuse and distract her, while working by phone frees her to concentrate on just the loved ones coming through. Remember that there is no objective space or time where our loved ones are, so your beloved can be with you and also with the medium simultaneously!

10. janef

janef Major Contributor

Jim, Is this a special type of medium reading which you call direct contact, between the sitter and their loved one? It requires the assistance of the medium, as (example) in a hypnotherapy session? thanks... I read recently about a method of grief therapy like this, reconnecting with loved ones... very interesting.