Fourth Medium Reading Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverGuy

Today I had a 2-hour session with a medium certified by the Forever Family Foundation. This was my fourth medium session. They have all been with different people (by phone). The first one delivered some accurate information.

Well, today I was really looking forward to it. I held one of my girlfriend's gloves during the session, and I had her photo with me and the box of ashes.

It was a total waste of time filled with generalizations, the overall feeling that there was no connection, and tons of irrelevant, frustrating, and wrong information. I hung up feeling crushed and very sad.

I don't understand how that stuff works. Once they know who we're trying to reach, why can't they just say that it's not working now if it's not, and that we should try again later, instead of all of the needless anguish and wasted time?

It's hard enough that we lose the most important person in our life. Why does it have to be so damn hard to communicate with them?

I don't know whether to go back to the first medium or not. The idea of cycling through new ones and going nowhere is not appealing. I hate to say it, but I also wonder if this is even real.

Sorry, today I feel more hopeless and lost than ever. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

milahanna

Occasional Contributor
I'm so sorry Denverguy. I wish I could offer advice but I'm facing the same struggle. I don't understand why it's so easy for some to reach their loved ones who have passed and then others, such as us, struggle. How many more times must we ask or visit a medium? I don't at all feel like he owes me a response but I'm hurting. I need him more than ever and I feel completely abandoned. The man I knew wouldn't let me feel this way so why is he? So many around me are getting signs and as a result experiencing great comfort. I'm just sitting her crying and wondering where he has gone and what's wrong with me.

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry and sad for both of you! To be frank, I went to about a dozen mental or spiritual mediums when I was doing basic afterlife research - a few of them very expensive - and I got so little from them that for more than a decade I basically thought they all were charlatans. And the worst part for me was all the garbage generalities! Who do these people think they're kidding? Then I met Susanne Wilson of Carefree, AZ, who in my opinion is the best spiritual medium on earth. She is consistently amazing! Unfortunately, she is no longer taking new clients for readings. However, the only one I tried fifteen years ago who seemed to me to be any good was Susan Sanderford, who seems still to be doing readings. Go to Susansanderford.com if you would like to check her out. I haven't been read by her lately, but I think I'm going to have to do that and see if perhaps I can recommend her!

DenverGuy

Hi Milahanna and Roberta. I wrote to the medium and she sent me a long response.

I started to read it but had to stop, as I am at work. I get too emotional. I did hear two things over the sad weekend that I wanted to share.

First, the biggest problem with this is the absence of his/her presence. Very accurate.

Second, I watched an Abraham Hicks video in which the speaker said something along the lines of: "When you imagine talking to the person you have lost, or are feeling a huge wave of grief, maybe that's coming from the other side!"

I never thought of that! It's comforting, if true.

Last edited:

mac

Administrator
On another website where I'm a regular its owner had recently visited a medium in London, UK, someone reputed to be upcoming and reputable. She posted an account of her sitting and it made interesting reading, its outcome very much different from what's been related above/below. (depending on how your browser works)

I realize that doesn't help anyone in North America but it may illustrate that it's important to keep trying, and perhaps use someone recommended rather than just sticking a pin in a page. And do try to establish beforehand whether the practitioner is a psychic (medium) or a (spiritual) medium. Choose the latter for preference.

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member
On another website where I'm a regular its owner had recently visited a medium in London, UK, someone reputed to be upcoming and reputable. She posted an account of her sitting and it made interesting reading, its outcome very much different from what's been related above/below. (depending on how your browser works)

I realize that doesn't help anyone in North America but it may illustrate that it's important to keep trying, and perhaps use someone recommended rather than just sticking a pin in a page. And do try to establish beforehand whether the practitioner is a psychic (medium) or a (spiritual) medium. Choose the latter for preference.

Mac, is this London medium doing readings for the public? If yes, will you please let us know who it is? Distance is no barrier to a reading by phone, and if she is good then I would love to include her on my recommendations page!

mac

Administrator
Mac, is this London medium doing readings for the public? If yes, will you please let us know who it is? Distance is no barrier to a reading by phone, and if she is good then I would love to include her on my recommendations page!
I don't know the answer to that, Roberta and the medium's a guy.

I'll take a look later this evening to see if I can find out some more details but I may have to write to her to get them so it's gonna be tomorrow in the UK before she gets to read my message.

Leave it with me...:)

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
Milihanna and DenverGuy...

I know I have discussed this before. I have had 3 readings last year with 3 different mediums. I know I have expressed my feelings on how my logical mind always tries to find the logical answer as to how these mediums have gathered information, that is truly just the way my mind works. But what I have to say.. is that the 3 mediums I have sat with have made me really think long and deeply about this entire subject.

I know that Susanne Wilson, who I had the pleasure of sitting with is not accepting new clients... But I do need to say that a reasonable priced and wonderful medium is Julia Assante. She is easily accessible, she is reasonable in cost and she does do readings to communicate with loved ones who have passed.

She was my first big reading, with a medium, and she is such a wonderful woman, she makes you feel at ease the minute she gets on the phone with you. Julia, hit on things that were so deeply personal between my husband and me, only 3 people knew about them. (me and my husband are included in that headcount) She also sends you an audio recording of your session, which is great, because you go back and review everything, which I think helps for the first time because the information flows so fast.

She also has a book that I recommend reading. http://www.juliaassante.com/ In our reading in if I remember correctly she discusses how extreme emotions actually can help in communications with our loved ones. Something that I have recently experienced was the emotional time I had with my wedding anniversary. As I lost it the night of our anniversary, I believe I distinctly felt my husband here with me, trying to comfort me as I was breaking down. It was just a very intuitive feeling and a minds eye seeing of my husband as he comforted me.

Roberta just did an interview with Julia on her podcast, and I suggest that you listen to it. It could very well give you some insight to maybe signs or communications that you are overlooking.

georgek

Occasional Contributor
With all due respect, why did you have three readings with three different mediums?

Or where you just wanting to make sure that you got to hear what pleased you?

Be careful.

Many of them are very good, and I could well be wrong.

Generally this is big business for many, and they are trained to work on subjects.
If they make you happy.....then perhaps that is a good thing?

Just my thoughts.

DenverGuy

Good question, georgek. I did receive some information with the first reading. I wasn't sure if we should continue with the same one or not. I am checking into that. But yes, I am desperate for a connection.

georgek

Occasional Contributor
What a joy to meet a reasonable person!
I wish you well 'shininglight196'

There are some good ones out there, but an awful lot of bad ones who thrive on the suffering of others.

I have seen some who can even pick out every name in a family and pinpoint a person's workplace.
The bad ones let the good ones down.

Just my thoughts and probably the last here...lol

mac

Administrator
With all due respect, why did you have three readings with three different mediums?

Be careful.

Generally this is big business for many, and they are trained to work on subjects.

Just my thoughts.

I don't speak for the original poster but surely a seeker likely goes looking for answers? If the answers aren't found by consulting one practitioner then she/he may seek out another, and perhaps yet another, practitioner. There's no telling how many it may take before the seeker is satisfied she/he has done enough. Hence it's perfectly understandable that one, two, three or more may be consulted. Anyone not in a similar position may be unable to understand why. That is understandable.

Caution may be advisable but there may be few choices and we may have to take a chance on who we consult. Money-making businesses abound in all walks of life and the maxim 'caveat emptor' applies to all.

If we're happy with what we get then who's to say we're wrong?

And if we're not happy then who has the right to question why we try elsewhere?

georgek

Occasional Contributor
Yes..because I am honest.

Crikey...this is in every walk of life.

If someone spends a fortune and gets the information they want, be it true or false and that makes them happy...are they capable of wanting to hear the truth if they cannot accept it?

Truth hurts mac......and people will not accept it anyway.

It means that they are not ready to accept.

People will like you, for being like them. It is what we call 'natural selection'
There will always be discord in all walks of life.

I say:- "if that is what makes them happy and they are not hurting anyone...good luck to them, the fortune teller and his bank account and the client"

As your remark about 'reading people' make no mistake, I can see them by touching my screen if I want to.

mac

Administrator
You say you can read people by touching your screen if you want yet you couldn't quickly check and detect that Roberta is a woman???? Are you trying to insult my intelligence now?

mac

Administrator
quote "People will like you, for being like them. It is what we call 'natural selection'
There will always be discord in all walks of life."

Ain't no risk for me then! lol, lol, lol

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor

Be careful.

Just my thoughts.

Why did I have 3 readings with 3 different mediums?

I was going to post a response to this question, but backed off because I thought my response was a little harsh. so I edited my response. But in all honesty, I find it interesting that you are asking me why I had 3 readings with 3 different mediums when the original poster of this thread has also had 4 readings with 4 different mediums.

But the reality of the matter is mac is correct, I am looking for answers to so many questions. I am looking for confirmation that my husband still exists... somewhere. Because my husband died suddenly, I didnt get to speak with him the day he passed actually, I was looking to make sure he was OK, where ever he is at. I then had some many other questions, especially because we never had a final conversation. I was and still am looking for those answers.

Trust me, I understand that there are people out there that will take advantage of someone like me, in my position. But one of the first things that I did was my homework. Through this site, and several others, through books, through several other means I researched. Which is why it took 8 months before I had my first mediumship reading. For two mediums, I took the recommendations of people I trust, the 3rd my friend set up for both of us on a recommendation from a friend who is ALSO a medium on who to go to, who ended up being a recognized and vetted medium. I went to 3 to see if there was continuity between all the readings, meaning were there some aspects of the information that I received consistent. I wanted to see if experiencing a phone reading v. an in person reading are different and if the mediums would gather consistent information. I wanted to find answers.

Did it make me happy or did what I heard please me? I dont think happy or pleased are the correct words. Did it give me peace? Some. Did it provide answers? A few, but brought up a whole bunch more. Am I happy? No, because there are still so many questions I am trying to understand.

georgek

Occasional Contributor
You say you can read people by touching your screen if you want yet you couldn't quickly check and detect that Roberta is a woman???? Are you trying to insult my intelligence now?

Profakins1.jpg

I think you have insulted your own intelligence. I can touch my screen and read like I say.

I have another twenty more or so, and have never been wrong. Seen enough?

Last edited:

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
OK... I honestly dont understand what this BS between mac and georgek is all about. I think, honestly it is off-putting and being a lay person like myself, makes me think there is nothing to be gained from taking part in these discussions.

DenverGuy was looking for some advice, some solace some words that will help him through his grieving of his beloved, who he is desperately trying to contact, to know that she is OK, to know that there is something more, to understand that maybe there is more than this world. I COMPLETELY understand where is and what he wants... i KNOW what he is searching for and this BS one-upsmanship, this trying to prove that one person is better than the other will not help.

We, who have lost loved ones want to know that they are OK.. want to know that they survived, what to know that they miss us as much as we miss them, want to have some contact with them. Something that we can concretely hold onto that we know without a shadow of a doubt proves to us that they live on, they love us and that they will always be with us.

DenverGuy, Milihanna, Bluebird and I are all looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived, and this petty BS about who is better is just off putting and drives people who are novices and trying to find answers away.

Yeah, this is my opinion of what I have seen on this thread.

georgek

Occasional Contributor
OK... I honestly dont understand what this BS between mac and georgek is all about. I think, honestly it is off-putting and being a lay person like myself, makes me think there is nothing to be gained from taking part in these discussions.

DenverGuy was looking for some advice, some solace some words that will help him through his grieving of his beloved, who he is desperately trying to contact, to know that she is OK, to know that there is something more, to understand that maybe there is more than this world. I COMPLETELY understand where is and what he wants... i KNOW what he is searching for and this BS one-upsmanship, this trying to prove that one person is better than the other will not help.

We, who have lost loved ones want to know that they are OK.. want to know that they survived, what to know that they miss us as much as we miss them, want to have some contact with them. Something that we can concretely hold onto that we know without a shadow of a doubt proves to us that they live on, they love us and that they will always be with us.

DenverGuy, Milihanna, Bluebird and I are all looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived, and this petty BS about who is better is just off putting and drives people who are novices and trying to find answers away.

Yeah, this is my opinion of what I have seen on this thread.

It is difficult to write constructively when some are trying to discredit and mock both you and your ability.

I find it an intrusion on my points and character to have these consistent mockery jibes with most things that I say. Especially that I need some kind of psychiatric more times than once. We are not here for medical diagnosis. We are here to diagnose and debate subject matter. It came about with a slip about religion with admin. mac made his points about unwanted comments which have trailed from The Trinity post to this post here, in order to show his loyalty to admin.

Sometimes a person has to stick up for themselves, as it is like being tapped with a pencil every time you speak.

I have forwarded a good point towards this discussion only to be attributed by false accusations.

If you are looking for evidence, read my other posts.
Unfortunately with the paranormal, there is never going to be any evidence because people have already made up their mind, that there is no evidence.

I can only do so much..and to try and give these things with onsets from mac is difficult. Hearing words like 'crock' and more besides.

mac writes a lot and feels threatened so he ridicules me.
I am merely sticking up for myself.
I know this is not very good from your angle and I do apologise for it.
The scapegoat will always be me, as I am sure mac will still be around for some time longer, well after I am gone

Your love ones do survive.

Last edited:

mac

Administrator
I'll leave the members named to decide whether I've tried to be helpful and supportive towards them in the past.

My view is that self-praise is no recommendation. My way is to address points directly, rather than rambling and blustering, believing that to be potentially more helpful. Where I write a lot it's generally in response to points made by others and rarely about me personally. Members may not, of course, think this is of any importance.

What notice we choose to take of the words of others here on ALF is a personal choice but you won't find mac promoting himself with pages of text and/or old screen-captures. Members may not think this is of any importance of course.

mac

Administrator
I apologise for having taken the thread off-topic but I was so appalled at what I was seeing and I allowed myself to react to it.

I wouldn't change my response but I acknowledge it wasn't the right place to make it. Sometimes in life, though, we react spontaneously to situations we find unacceptable when good counsel would tell us to hold our tongue 'til another time and another place.

Again I'm sorry I derailed the subject of the thread.

DenverGuy

This is all I ask for... I wish a medium had just said this to me:

"Mila says to do what you have to do to go through life. I will be here for you. I will love you as before, I will always be with you, I will know that you will love me, and I will see to it that we will be together forever when the time comes. Please know that, don't worry, believe it, and take comfort in that."

I have mentioned that to the psychologist who I see twice per month. Her answer sent a good chill through me: "How do you know that you're not acting as your own medium?" Wow! Does that make sense?

mac

Administrator

"Mila says to do what you have to do to go through life. I will be here for you. I will love you as before, I will always be with you, I will know that you will love me, and I will see to it that we will be together forever when the time comes. Please know that, don't worry, believe it, and take comfort in that."

I have mentioned that to the psychologist who I see twice per month. Her answer sent a good chill through me: "How do you know that you're not acting as your own medium?" Wow! Does that make sense?

It's certainly possible. There's a great interest in self-initiated contact rather than via a traditional practitioner.

milahanna

Occasional Contributor

I long to hear this from him as well. The silence is crippling me and as hard as I try to remain positive and lean on the love we shared, I can't keep the fears away. I'm quickly reaching the point where I might give up. Not because I don't love him because I do, more than anything, but because I feel forgotten by him. I know that we are told that isn't the case but actions speak louder than words and so many people around me are receiving signs. If I'm truly honest with myself, I will admit that something is obviously wrong.

What your psychologist said is very interesting though. Definitely something to think about.

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
First off... DenverGuy, Milihanna and bluebird... I apologize for overstepping and speaking for you with my assumptions. I assumed, that being new to this world as I still am, that the infighting is distracting to the answers that you seek. It's hard enough to find answers that resonate with you and the excess noise I believe distracts from that.

Second.. mac, I respect you more than you know. I believe you provide much wisdom and a different voice for consideration. Thank you. I didnt mean to pop off, and it seemed that you were trying to corral the situation, unfortunately there were too many postings that seemed combative, which I, in my humble opinion, takes can put off people who are here desperately looking for answers.

DenverGuy.. This is what I say to you in my experience. After my sittings with the mediums, readings and research, I have been working on trying to understand better what is my voice and what could be either my husband's or guides. I frequently have conversations with either my husband or guides and from what I have understand there is a distinct difference between "talking to yourself" and the voice of others. I believe, that when you hear the voice of others, you just know. My problem is that I interrupt the voice and we never finish the conversation.

I agree with mac which is why I continue to tell you to do more research on self communication. I believe it will help you immensely.

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
Didn't someone here suggest using a 'self-guided course'?

Yup.. Craig Hogan's self guided contact, which is free. There are others as well. Julia Assante has self guided advice in her book, James Van Praughn has a course on self guided contact. There are probably several others that I dont know about, free or not.

From the ones I have read/heard about, they all take work on our part. It's not a passive exercise, it is something that you must be actively involved with. Maybe that is my problem, that I dont really set apart the time nor the effort to communicate with him.

mac

Administrator
That's the one I'd been thinking about but wasn't sure I remembered correctly....

As with most new learning, much time and effort probably need to be given and many don't have much time and may also not have the emotional and physical stamina.

Additionally, and I am speaking totally in ignorance of how the course pans out, I'd imagine that working by yourself, presumably with no-one to help and support and no-one to corroborate/check your results, could be tough going - especially so when you're still grieving.

But I emphasise those are purely my thoughts and I have no knowledge or experience of the course.

U

Unexpected

I haven't tried the other self-guided connections mentioned, but Craig will help you. You provide him feedback and he works with you to let you know what you need to adjust to allow the unfoldments to occur. Timewise, in the beginning, I would spend about 2 hours total. This is from beginning to end - getting relaxed, starting the meditation, and completing the journal. Now I spend a little over 1 hour. Finding time to work on it can be challenging because of my very busy and active life but, it's worth it to me. Best wishes to anyone who heads in that direction.

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
Additionally, and I am speaking totally in ignorance of how the course pans out, I'd imagine that working by yourself, presumably with no-one to help and support and no-one to corroborate/check your results, could be tough going - especially so when you're still grieving.

mac this is SPOT ON! and the best way to describe it. I can only speak for myself, but I think that is why I have expressed doubt about my experiences and why I have been to 3 different mediums, for validation of what I have been experiencing have been real.

And for me, I know that I felt that even after having such experiences either signs or a reading, it would lift me for a day and then I would come crashing back down hard with grief. It made me feel like I was just moving backwards and starting all over again with the acceptance that my husband is no longer here in body. I think where my brain was/is at that it gave me too much hope that I would see him-soon, and when that didnt happen, it would throw me into dark pit that I struggled to get out of for weeks.

I know that these experiences are to be comforting, but in all reality for me, they pushed me deeper into despair and grief. (I dont know if that makes total sense)

I literally had to put it away for awhile. I literally had to put any attempts at reaching him on the back burner until I can come to terms that he is not going to walk back through my front door. For me, I think I needed to work on the first reality before I could attempt to work on assimilating anything new with this subject.

DenverGuy

I long to hear this from him as well. The silence is crippling me and as hard as I try to remain positive and lean on the love we shared, I can't keep the fears away. I'm quickly reaching the point where I might give up. Not because I don't love him because I do, more than anything, but because I feel forgotten by him. I know that we are told that isn't the case but actions speak louder than words and so many people around me are receiving signs. If I'm truly honest with myself, I will admit that something is obviously wrong.

What your psychologist said is very interesting though. Definitely something to think about.

I kind of believe that the thoughts were (are) mine, but I sometimes wonder. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic when I think that they are from her.

I know what you mean about the silence, and I feel for you. Same here. From what I understand, the silence doesn't mean that they don't want to communicate with you, but they can't for some reason. I seriously doubt that you are forgotten about by him, but I understand your concern, and I feel your anguish from your words. From what I understand he loves you the same as before and is aware of your pain.

I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

bluebird

Major Contributor
First off... DenverGuy, Milihanna and bluebird... I apologize for overstepping and speaking for you with my assumptions. I assumed, that being new to this world as I still am, that the infighting is distracting to the answers that you seek. It's hard enough to find answers that resonate with you and the excess noise I believe distracts from that.

Second.. mac, I respect you more than you know. I believe you provide much wisdom and a different voice for consideration. Thank you. I didnt mean to pop off, and it seemed that you were trying to corral the situation, unfortunately there were too many postings that seemed combative, which I, in my humble opinion, takes can put off people who are here desperately looking for answers.

DenverGuy.. This is what I say to you in my experience. After my sittings with the mediums, readings and research, I have been working on trying to understand better what is my voice and what could be either my husband's or guides. I frequently have conversations with either my husband or guides and from what I have understand there is a distinct difference between "talking to yourself" and the voice of others. I believe, that when you hear the voice of others, you just know. My problem is that I interrupt the voice and we never finish the conversation.

I agree with mac which is why I continue to tell you to do more research on self communication. I believe it will help you immensely.

No need to apologize to me. :) The infighting doesn't bother me as much as it does you -- in this case, I really don't even understand what the argument is about -- but you are correct when you say that I am "....looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived".

DenverGuy

No need to apologize to me. :) The infighting doesn't bother me as much as it does you -- in this case, I really don't even understand what the argument is about -- but you are correct when you say that I am "....looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived".
Nailed it!

milahanna

Occasional Contributor

This!

milahanna

Occasional Contributor
I kind of believe that the thoughts were (are) mine, but I sometimes wonder. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic when I think that they are from her.

I know what you mean about the silence, and I feel for you. Same here. From what I understand, the silence doesn't mean that they don't want to communicate with you, but they can't for some reason. I seriously doubt that you are forgotten about by him, but I understand your concern, and I feel your anguish from your words. From what I understand he loves you the same as before and is aware of your pain.

I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

Regarding the silence, I think what makes it difficult for me, and I know that I shouldn't do this, is the fact that others get signs and some get them so quickly and easily. I read a lot of testimonies because right now it's all I care about and it helps me to believe that maybe we do live on. However, I often get sad now. I want what they have. I was reading a conversation between a few ladies the other day where their husbands/ex-boyfriends were showing them incredible signs. One felt him kiss her lips. It was all very sweet and I was happy for them, but here's the kicker...they had abusive relationships. The one with the boyfriend had broken up with him over abuse. The other one was being abused and both relationships involved a lot of anger, drugs etc. In both cases, the guys came through fairly soon after passing.

Now, I must say that I do believe that's beautiful. I was happy for them. Love and healing are what it's all about and these guys helped these women heal. I see that. However, I then sit back and wonder what's wrong with me and Thai then. We have been best friends for over 25 years. We didn't fight once. Crazy but true...not once. We cared about each other and loved each other. Why isn't he coming through? Why do I hear stories of people being visited by their boss or neighbor yet the love of my life can't get through? IDK but it just doesn't sound right.

bluebird

Major Contributor
milahanna,

I have the same sorts of concerns. I have had possible signs, but for me, without essentially constant reassurance, I cannot help but doubt. That is in part the result of the fact that my husband's continued existence and my desire/intent to join him are the most important thing in the universe to me, and probably also partly the result of my panic and OCD disorders, but in any case that is how it is. So you are not alone in wondering why you are not receiving signs. The things you wonder about those other women who have received signs are the same sorts of things I wonder about in terms of who has died -- that is, there are couples who didn't love each other, or who were abusive to each other, and yet they continue to live and be together, whereas my husband is a wonderful person (albeit imperfect, as we all are), he and I were and are deeply and completely in love, we had just gotten married when he died, and we wanted & planned to spend the rest of our lives together, and yet he is the one who has a massive fucking heart attack and dies, while those other people continue to live. There is no justice there.

DenverGuy

I heard back from the medium I talked to a week ago. We have exchanged several e-mails. She is a good person, and wants to talk with me today. I don't like the "ALL of the relationships you’ve had over your lives together" part or anything that sounds like reincarnation. I wonder if she means that my girlfriend and I have had many relationships with each other. I would prefer that interpretation, if any.

The last sentence got my attention!

Any thoughts on this? She just sent it:

"In the meantime, – trust that she loves you very much. But try to understand that love for you or me is a human experience – with emotional and physical components. It’s is also tied in with ego and other aspects of self. For her, love is actually the energy she lives within – it’s much more profound. Deeper and broader, if you will. She sees you and experiences love for you through a lens that encompasses ALL of the relationships you’ve had over your lives together, and I don’t doubt there have been many. The way in which I experienced her energy is something I want to describe to you again on the phone—her peace, her compassion, her love is very light, pure, genuine. It’s different from the heart gripping emotion that we as humans feel. Let me be really clear here: that the nature of her love feels different doesn’t mean she loves you Iess; but rather MORE. She loves you soul to soul (ooh – just got full body tingles on that; she’s here with me (!) and just corrected what I was about to write, which was “loves you as a soul. ” She prefers “soul to soul.”)"

Last edited:

Widdershins3

Re: the very different experiences people have when consulting mediums--my tentative theory is that it may have a lot to do with the person being read for and/or for the medium's ability that day. 50 years ago in rural Western PA, I went to see a well-regarded local psychic medium and got an astoundingly evidential reading without a single fact being wrong. As a result of that, my mother and sister went to her and neither one had a good experience at all (no evidential information and predictions of the near future were way off). But in my case, every psychic prediction she made happened within the 2 years she'd specified.

And a year ago or so, at the Spiritualist Church I sometimes attend in San Francisco, I got a stunning reading from a British platform medium, a man, who got my deceased parents names (their nicknames, actually) precisely correct and described a new house in the family (my sister had just bought one) in detail. He said it was our parents showing it to him and added that they had resolved their differences and were now spending time together on the other side. Since they'd been bitterly separated for many years when they each died, that was pretty evidential too. (I'd never discussed my parents or their marital woes with anyone at the church, either, and that information isn't online anywhere)

But a year later the medium returned and I got a vague reading that I was unable to verify at all. My disappointment was immense.

So, I know for a fact that this guy is "for real" but his ability doesn't seem to be consistent, just like that first medium I saw so many years ago. I would love an explanation for this and also I wish there was a way for us to know in advance if a professional we're about to pay serious money to will actually be able to connect with our loved ones on the Other Side. Is their ability to connect partially dependent on the sitter's mental/emotional state? Does it just vary with their own mindset that particular day/hour? Does anyone with more experience of mediums have their own theory on what's going on...or NOT going on when we sit for a reading?

DenverGuy

Widdershins3, those are really good questions. I have asked the same thing. A few months ago I paid for a one-hour session with a medium but the results were bizarre and distressing. We stayed on the phone for a good hour and a half. She then refunded my money. I have had this happen several times. I don't know why they don't just say that they're not getting anywhere and just end the session for now.

I am asking a good medium about that right now and will report back tonight.

milahanna

Occasional Contributor
It's so frustrating. I get something different every time. They all pick up on how he died but then the rest varies so much. I have been told that he is in paradise, at a healing facility, and yesterday that he's earthbound. So, I really don't have a clue where he is.

milahanna

Occasional Contributor
milahanna,

I have the same sorts of concerns. I have had possible signs, but for me, without essentially constant reassurance, I cannot help but doubt. That is in part the result of the fact that my husband's continued existence and my desire/intent to join him are the most important thing in the universe to me, and probably also partly the result of my panic and OCD disorders, but in any case that is how it is. So you are not alone in wondering why you are not receiving signs. The things you wonder about those other women who have received signs are the same sorts of things I wonder about in terms of who has died -- that is, there are couples who didn't love each other, or who were abusive to each other, and yet they continue to live and be together, whereas my husband is a wonderful person (albeit imperfect, as we all are), he and I were and are deeply and completely in love, we had just gotten married when he died, and we wanted & planned to spend the rest of our lives together, and yet he is the one who has a massive fucking heart attack and dies, while those other people continue to live. There is no justice there.

It doesn't make any sense, Bluebird. I may be sounding selfish or even childish but why do they get to experience that connection through the veil and those of us who had a good loving relationship can't?

bluebird

Major Contributor
It doesn't make any sense, Bluebird. I may be sounding selfish or even childish but why do they get to experience that connection through the veil and those of us who had a good loving relationship can't?

You don't sound selfish or childish to me. The death of my husband, and the resulting separation of he and I (even if there is an afterlife which would mean it's a temporary separation) is the worst anguish of my soul and my life, and it's probably like that for you as well. It's not that I wish those other couples weren't still together -- I really don't care if they are or not -- it's that I wish that my husband were still here in this life, as he should be, so that he and I could be together. To me, the way things have turned out makes it very clear to me that there cannot be a loving god. If there were, at the very least that god would make it so that there would be no doubt, in the mind of anyone who has had her/his soulmate die, that there is an afterlife where our soulmates are happy, are still themselves, and are waiting for us, where we will be together again.

DenverGuy

Widdersshins3, I heard back from the medium, and here's what she said: (The "train" reference was for the Royal Gorge Train - a tourist train in Colorado that she had taken me on).

As for on/off days for mediums – that is absolutely true. And it’s possible it could have been such for me, but I was rested, not stressed, feeling very up when we began and the beginning of the reading was unfolding fairly typically. The pattern I find, when things go awry, is often tied to the emotional state and/or expectations of the client that the interpretations be exact to the reality. When so much information comes in visually, and Spirit uses a lot of symbols and the knowledge in my own head, it’s not always exact. They try to get me to say something by showing me a specific image. For example, the train. What I actually saw was a train with an open top. That tells me it’s either in an amusement park, like a ride, or for sightseeing like in a zoo, because that’s my experience, and therefore how I interpret it. That the real train was a sightseeing train that may have been enclosed on a mountain side – makes no real difference. It was a pleasure ride, and not a travel/business ride. I’ve never been on such a train, so had they shown me the real train, I might not have understood to be a sightseeing train. Make sense? So – my words and interpretation were somewhat off, but Mila was getting the intent across. We need a bit of flexibility in the interpretation, so I hope that’s helpful. Try to stay open to variations that basically have the same intent of communication. Ask yourself, “what could she mean by that?”

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
I'm going to chime in here, and tell you about my experiences with the mediums.

The three readings I have had, the information that came through did not vary widely. They were fairly accurate and they all got his personality accurately, two brought through some of the issues we were having prior to his passing, two came through and knew exactly what his passions were in life, etc.

But what every medium told me was that they were given images from their life experiences that convey what spirit is trying to get across. It probably wont be a direct hit on what we are looking for, but spirit is trying to get an overall picture to the medium to give to us. Just what the medium was telling you with the train DenverGuy.

I think we go in at times expecting almost a verbal communication between our loved ones and the medium and so why wouldnt the medium be getting the information correct? I mean, they are in direct communication.. they should know?!

But I have discovered it doesnt work that way.. they werent in our lives, they dont know our experiences, and what it actually is, is a big game of telephone and they are trying their best to get it right.

I found that if I just let go of expectations, understand that whoever comes through comes through, and just be good with it, it seems to work better. I also think asking for clarity, for more information helps. I have had to do that, and the information became clearer.

This is just my experience.

mac

Administrator
I'm going to chime in here, and tell you about my experiences with the mediums.

I think we go in at times expecting almost a verbal communication between our loved ones and the medium and so why wouldnt the medium be getting the information correct? I mean, they are in direct communication.. they should know?!

But I have discovered it doesnt work that way.. they werent in our lives, they dont know our experiences, and what it actually is, is a big game of telephone and they are trying their best to get it right.

I found that if I just let go of expectations, understand that whoever comes through comes through, and just be good with it, it seems to work better. I also think asking for clarity, for more information helps. I have had to do that, and the information became clearer.

This is just my experience.

(re the bold text) Some mediums are clairaudient - they 'hear' (not using their ears though) what their communicator is saying to them. With such mediums it's an approximation of verbal communication.

Some mediums are clairvoyant which means they see (but not with their physical eyes) the communicator and hence can offer a description of the communicator's appearance.

For me one of the least satisfactory versions of evidential mediumship is the kind where symbols and impressions are the means of communicating with the medium. Too much is open to mis-perception and mis-translation. But one has to go with what's available and finding a reputable medium of any flavor can be hard enough.

Asking for additional information is reasonable in my view, information that can be evaluated by the receiver because ONLY the receiver matters.

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member
It's so frustrating. I get something different every time. They all pick up on how he died but then the rest varies so much. I have been told that he is in paradise, at a healing facility, and yesterday that he's earthbound. So, I really don't have a clue where he is.

Dear Milahanna, you described in another thread a very dramatic communication from him in response to your request! Based upon the evidence, this means that:

1) He has completely transitioned; he is certainly not earthbound.

2) He is not in the lower realms, either, and probably not in any kind of healing facility.

3) He is eager to communicate with you, and probably has been taking classes (yes, they do that).

So, talk to him! Ask him to send you something else, pay attention, and thank him for whatever might conceivably be a sign from him. But he is fine, and he loves you - that much you now know for sure!!

DenverGuy

Roughly 7 months ago I talked to my first medium, and she really gave me some good information. I then worked with 5 others who gave me stuff that made no sense. Some didn't even charge me for it. My question was always why they just didn't stop the session. Why continue with nonsense?

Anyway, today I circled back to the first one for 30 minutes over the phone. She was close on several things - cancer, young, contacts me late at night, etc. She said that my GF couldn't talk at the end (true). But she kept insisting that she keeps trying to pull something off of my hand. I don't wear any jewelry.

Anyway, it was one of those sessions where I kind of got something I needed, but not enough to convince me. I got the 'ol "she wants you to be happy" line, which always leaves me cold. No emotional responses like: "She is so happy that you contacted a medium and she is really, really trying to reach you every night. She knows what you're going through and really misses being with you in the physical sense, but she is watching over you and wants you to know that you will eventually be with her again, no matter what happens here."

Of course that is my wish, which doesn't make it true. But the medium did say that she hears me when I talk to her. I'm going to go with that...

jimrich

Established Member
I'm just sitting her crying and wondering where he has gone and what's wrong with me.
I feel very bad for you and wish I could offer some kind of wisdom or help. I have had all the Readers but one bring my late wife into a Reading and that one who could not said so right up front. The only thing I can say is just keep on trying and go to other Readers. Nothing is "wrong" with you and he has not "gone" anywhere, so just keep on trying. I believe he wants to connect with you as much as you want to connect with him. good luck, jim

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member
I feel very bad for you and wish I could offer some kind of wisdom or help. I have had all the Readers but one bring my late wife into a Reading and that one who could not said so right up front. The only thing I can say is just keep on trying and go to other Readers. Nothing is "wrong" with you and he has not "gone" anywhere, so just keep on trying. I believe he wants to connect with you as much as you want to connect with him. good luck, jim

Please be aware, too, that deep grief can be a barrier to our receiving good communications from those that we used to think were dead. Please try to get past the worst of your grief so you can be more open to making real contact.

Widdershins3

I should mention that the readings I talk about here were all done when my grief had long since passed through the acute phase. Many of the mediums who've written books on their gift and how it works do say that intense grief often blocks communication and that only the departed souls who have excellent skills in communicating back to us here are able to contact us when the grief is extreme. And it's still very difficult even for them.

I'm currently reading Anne Puryear's book "Stephen Lives!" and she's a good example of someone who was in extreme grief after her son committed suicide. It obsessed her and colored every aspect of her life. She was part of a church that sounds like a Spiritualist one, but only her son's determination to communicate with her was able to (occasionally, very briefly) overcome the difficulties she was presenting and make direct contact...and that was due to a contract the 2 of them had to write books together after his death.

When she began to adjust to his loss, she saw a genuinely gifted medium and had an amazing reading. And then she learned about automatic writing and "listening" for her son's thoughts among her own, similar to Carol & Mikey's work together. I think if I ever again lose someone I love tremendously, I'll definitely look for a therapist who specializes in treating grief, hopefully one who accepts the survival of the soul after death. With expert help to heal, I have a feeling that communication will be improved.

U

Unexpected

Roughly 7 months ago I talked to my first medium, and she really gave me some good information. I then worked with 5 others who gave me stuff that made no sense. Some didn't even charge me for it. My question was always why they just didn't stop the session. Why continue with nonsense?

Anyway, today I circled back to the first one for 30 minutes over the phone. She was close on several things - cancer, young, contacts me late at night, etc. She said that my GF couldn't talk at the end (true). But she kept insisting that she keeps trying to pull something off of my hand. I don't wear any jewelry.

Anyway, it was one of those sessions where I kind of got something I needed, but not enough to convince me. I got the 'ol "she wants you to be happy" line, which always leaves me cold. No emotional responses like: "She is so happy that you contacted a medium and she is really, really trying to reach you every night. She knows what you're going through and really misses being with you in the physical sense, but she is watching over you and wants you to know that you will eventually be with her again, no matter what happens here."

Of course that is my wish, which doesn't make it true. But the medium did say that she hears me when I talk to her. I'm going to go with that...

I received signs but wasn't communicating (or aware of it with him) until I started those self-guided afterlife communications. After beginning those, it opened up a line of communication that I didn't know existed. When you realize you are connecting, it's amazing yet a bit overwhelming. I had to stop for a week or so because it was so emotional for me. I know others have commented that talking outloud helps them so I do this frequently. Sending you good thoughts for whatever path you choose.

U

Unexpected

I should mention that the readings I talk about here were all done when my grief had long since passed through the acute phase. Many of the mediums who've written books on their gift and how it works do say that intense grief often blocks communication and that only the departed souls who have excellent skills in communicating back to us here are able to contact us when the grief is extreme. And it's still very difficult even for them.

I'm currently reading Anne Puryear's book "Stephen Lives!" and she's a good example of someone who was in extreme grief after her son committed suicide. It obsessed her and colored every aspect of her life. She was part of a church that sounds like a Spiritualist one, but only her son's determination to communicate with her was able to (occasionally, very briefly) overcome the difficulties she was presenting and make direct contact...and that was due to a contract the 2 of them had to write books together after his death.

When she began to adjust to his loss, she saw a genuinely gifted medium and had an amazing reading. And then she learned about automatic writing and "listening" for her son's thoughts among her own, similar to Carol & Mikey's work together. I think if I ever again lose someone I love tremendously, I'll definitely look for a therapist who specializes in treating grief, hopefully one who accepts the survival of the soul after death. With expert help to heal, I have a feeling that communication will be improved.

Thank you for sharing this. Would you mind elaborating on this part for me?

"Departed souls who have excellent skills in communicating back to us here are able to contact us when the grief is extreme. And it's still very difficult even for them."

How do those with excellent communication skills get through to those in deep grief? Are they still using signs or do you mean telepathically?

I'm always torn when I read about deep grief interfering with communication during this tim. I had extremely deep grief to the point of just wanting to die yet I still received communication. I'm just trying to understand why. I asked him once during a self-guided connection and he showed me a plant with roots and said "growth". I'm uncertain exactly what that means though. Have I dove in further with him on this? Lol, no. I'm waiting for my first medium reading to ask a little more. I'm hopeful yet have realistic expectations that I may not find out.

Thank you for your time!

Widdershins3

I don't know what their methods are, though a lot of mediums who've written about spirit communication in general have mentioned places in the afterlife where souls can go to get help in communicating if they can't do it by themselves. Presumably, there are people on the other side whose skill happens to be communication with us, but I suspect that how they do it would probably not mean much to most of us even if it was explained. And whether it's telepathy or signs most likely depends on the spirit's abilities. They're in a place with different laws of Nature. The ones with exceptional abilities to connect may be able to get through, but not always and not as clearly as they would if we were calmer and more open to them.

Over and over again, I've read about how our extreme grief blocks most souls there from reaching us, so strong emotion must break up the signal somehow or make us impervious to hearing it. That's my best guess, but others here may have more detailed information. Good luck with your reading! I hope you'll share anything you feel comfortable about discussing with us.

U

Unexpected

I don't know what their methods are, though a lot of mediums who've written about spirit communication in general have mentioned places in the afterlife where souls can go to get help in communicating if they can't do it by themselves. Presumably, there are people on the other side whose skill happens to be communication with us, but I suspect that how they do it would probably not mean much to most of us even if it was explained. And whether it's telepathy or signs most likely depends on the spirit's abilities. They're in a place with different laws of Nature. The ones with exceptional abilities to connect may be able to get through, but not always and not as clearly as they would if we were calmer and more open to them.

Over and over again, I've read about how our extreme grief blocks most souls there from reaching us, so strong emotion must break up the signal somehow or make us impervious to hearing it. That's my best guess, but others here may have more detailed information. Good luck with your reading! I hope you'll share anything you feel comfortable about discussing with us.

Yes, I'm going to share my experiences. Ive started a new thread today. Once I receive a reply on that, I'll post. Might be late tonight or tomorrow though. Thanks again!

Amore

Occasional Contributor
I've read about how our extreme grief blocks most souls there from reaching us, so strong emotion must break up the signal somehow or make us impervious to hearing it.

I would think that extreme grief and other strong emotions come in tandem with strong wishes and expectations, which in turn cloud a person's mind, making them unable to hear, looking in the wrong direction, so to speak. Similar to when I want to show to my dog that his toy his 'over there' (pointing with my finger) and he looks at my finger instead, expecting something there.

Not sure if I explained this well, but I have may times experienced my mind clouded by emotions and wishes, and then simply nothing goes.

isabel mcdonald

Occasional Contributor

Zac

Occasional Contributor
I scheduled a sitting in 2 weeks with Julia Assante by phone. Her rate is currently 185/hr. She is in Germany so there is minus 7-10 hour time difference for those in the US so appointments would usually need to be in the morning. I enjoyed reading her book so am really looking forward to the sitting.

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member
I scheduled a sitting in 2 weeks with Julia Assante by phone. Her rate is currently 185/hr. She is in Germany so there is minus 7-10 hour time difference for those in the US so appointments would usually need to be in the morning. I enjoyed reading her book so am really looking forward to the sitting.

Thank you, Zac! Perhaps I should add here by way of encouragement that because there is no space where our loved ones are, using the services of a medium in Germany or in Australia or anywhere on earth, no matter how far away from you, works as well as being in the medium's office would work.

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor

I enjoyed my sitting with Julia Assante. She was wonderful to speak with and was very evidential for me about my husband. I also like the way she tried to assist me in communicating with my husband on my own. I will be interested to hear what your thoughts are.

mac

Administrator
I enjoyed my sitting with Julia Assante. She was wonderful to speak with and was very evidential for me about my husband. I also like the way she tried to assist me in communicating with my husband on my own. I will be interested to hear what your thoughts are.
Do you intend to continue trying to communicate directly with your husband, without the help of a medium?

RobertaGrimes

Administrator
Staff member

Julia is a lovely person - I'm so glad that worked for you!

ShingingLight1967

Occasional Contributor
Do you intend to continue trying to communicate directly with your husband, without the help of a medium?

I feel like I have lost my way lately in trying to get through to him directly. I feel like whatever connection was there in the first year after his passing has disappeared. It is probably me, you know, life getting in the way and all, dealing with everyday life matters that sap my energy. Couple that with the feeling that "he hasnt been around lately" has made me wander.

I have made a pact with myself however to start the process all over again and use Dr. Hogan and Julia's recommendations to connect personally again. I feel like I am in a different mindset, where last year was desperation to find him and make sure he is OK, confirm he goes on, confirm he is with me, now.. it has settled more into trying to develop and cultivate the new relationship.

I hope that makes sense.

Coogie

Occasional Contributor
Hi Zac,
I am planning to sit for a reading by Julia, would you mind me asking how your reading went with her?
Thanks
Coogie

Zac

Occasional Contributor
Hi Zac,
I am planning to sit for a reading by Julia, would you mind me asking how your reading went with her?
Thanks
Coogie

Her reading was unique in comparison to the dozens of readings I've had over the past 8 years with several mediums. She came up with a lot of material that was very interesting and I felt it was a good reading though much of it could not be confirmed as I recall. I have a recording of the sitting and will listen to it again because commenting further.

I also recommend Tim Braun though he is expensive at 345 for a 50 minute sitting. I have had several readings with him over the past 8 years and have not been disappointed.

https://www.timbraunmedium.com/

I go once a month to a platform reading. I don’t go to there to receive proof of the afterlife. I have it anyway. I go for the insightful discussions after. Funny thing is that almost every time I go Spirit family and friends come for me. It’s almost embarrassing because there are people who go regularly and never have a reading. I remember one time I had a spirit discuss something through her and then the reading was over and then more stepped up for me & she asked me if I recognised them by name which I did & she laughed and said “ I’m sorry but I need to give other people a chance for a reading . I didn’t know if she was talking to me or the spirits. It’s like they didn’t want her to disconnect from me.
A few days before the event, I send the message out to spirit fam & friends. I also do it in the car as I drive there too.
I ask the spirit to state something to the medium to make it easy for me to recognise them and they do. My spirits choose things that are so specific and irrelevant that only I would know exactly what they are talking about and they have often mentioned things that have made me and the medium laugh or embarrassed me a little. I think to myself ‘ ok ok you didn’t have to mention that’. That is usually in the very beginning when there are a few people with hands up and she is getting guidance on who they belong to. A good example of this is one time the medium told me my father was telling her something about my workplace and a stapler and I did something sneaky lol. That made me laugh because a few days earlier at work I had got sick of searching for a stapler so I found one of them and I hid it in a special place that only I would know so I would never be searching again hahaha. That just showed to me that my father is part of my life every day life even now in death and there is not much you can hide. I know this is stupid, but, now when I go to the toilet or have a shower, I ask any spirit not to look hahahaha.
This is the sort of verification you should be getting from spirit. You just need something so convincing to you that you know their spirit is alive and well & they are still sharing your life. They don’t have a problem with not being alive, it’s us, their living family or friends that do. They see things from a different perspective on the other side. We only see it as their absence from our lives and we miss them but you know, they have never left us.
I get great enjoyment when I listen to other people receiving verification of their loved ones. The medium to whom I go for platform readings, only charges $10 and she donates a good portion from the night, to charities. She has a normal job in IT. She regularly visits different towns & states and goes o/s as well. A good friend of hers is a medium from the UK. She isn’t in it for the money but in service to spirit

Last edited:

Coogie

Occasional Contributor
Her reading was unique in comparison to the dozens of readings I've had over the past 8 years with several mediums. She came up with a lot of material that was very interesting and I felt it was a good reading though much of it could not be confirmed as I recall. I have a recording of the sitting and will listen to it again because commenting further.

I also recommend Tim Braun though he is expensive at 345 for a 50 minute sitting. I have had several readings with him over the past 8 years and have not been disappointed.

https://www.timbraunmedium.com/
Zac,
Thanks so much for the excellent information. I am waiting for Julia to reply to my email inquiry. I’ll look into Tim as another option. This will be my first reading so I am excited and apprehensive at the same time.
C

Coogie

Occasional Contributor
I go once a month to a platform reading. I don’t go to there to receive proof of the afterlife. I have it anyway. I go for the insightful discussions after. Funny thing is that almost every time I go Spirit family and friends come for me. It’s almost embarrassing because there are people who go regularly and never have a reading. I remember one time I had a spirit discuss something through her and then the reading was over and then more stepped up for me & she asked me if I recognised them by name which I did & she laughed and said “ I’m sorry but I need to give other people a chance for a reading . I didn’t know if she was talking to me or the spirits. It’s like they didn’t want her to disconnect from me.
A few days before the event, I send the message out to spirit fam & friends. I also do it in the car as I drive there too.
I ask the spirit to state something to the medium to make it easy for me to recognise them and they do. My spirits choose things that are so specific and irrelevant that only I would know exactly what they are talking about and they have often mentioned things that have made me and the medium laugh or embarrassed me a little. I think to myself ‘ ok ok you didn’t have to mention that’. That is usually in the very beginning when there are a few people with hands up and she is getting guidance on who they belong to. A good example of this is one time the medium told me my father was telling her something about my workplace and a stapler and I did something sneaky lol. That made me laugh because a few days earlier at work I had got sick of searching for a stapler so I found one of them and I hid it in a special place that only I would know so I would never be searching again hahaha. That just showed to me that my father is part of my life every day life even now in death and there is not much you can hide. I know this is stupid, but, now when I go to the toilet or have a shower, I ask any spirit not to look hahahaha.
This is the sort of verification you should be getting from spirit. You just need something so convincing to you that you know their spirit is alive and well & they are still sharing your life. They don’t have a problem with not being alive, it’s us, their living family or friends that do. They see things from a different perspective on the other side. We only see it as their absence from our lives and we miss them but you know, they have never left us.
I get great enjoyment when I listen to other people receiving verification of their loved ones. The medium to whom I go for platform readings, only charges $10 and she donates a good portion from the night, to charities. She has a normal job in IT. She regularly visits different towns & states and goes o/s as well. A good friend of hers is a medium from the UK. She isn’t in it for the money but in service to spirit
Hi Tracey,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences, it truly is inspiring to someone like me who is new to this!
I have never heard of a platform reading and I searched on the net and couldn’t find much there either. This would be a great option for me because I could experience several readings of other people to get the feel for it. I could try the suggestions you gave for asking the spirits to be ready to come through prior to the reading. Would you mind sharing the name of the person who is giving these platform readings so I could see if she has a web site that might contain information about where she’s doing these events? I am in Florida and I have some time to travel.
Thanks again,
Coogie

mac

Administrator

I'm a Modern Spiritualist and 'platform mediumship' is a feature of the church/centre structure. I don't 'do' church now and haven't done for many years, any necessity disappearing at a very early stage of my spiritual development. But I resolutely defend its benefit and refer seekers to centres for what they can provide. At one time, though, I did use to go to watch demonstrations of mediumship, one reason that I'm now comfortable in my expectations over what should happen. That's the preamble....

On one occasion the then SNU President Gordon Higginson (https://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/) gave a demonstration in my home town church. This was a big deal and my recall of the events shows - I hope - that it had great significance for me. Not because I received fabulous evidence because I got nothing. Not because lots of others did because it didn't happen that way either.

A few - I thought a surprising few - audience members did receive evidence and messages. But far fewer than I'd expected from such a vastly experienced medium. Equally important to me, however, was the way his time demonstrating was effectively hogged by spirit visitors for certain committee members. I'd often seen that happen when other mediums had demonstrated but I was dismayed to see it happening again when so many ordinary audience members would likely have been hoping for a message. I was angry, frustrated and disappointed in similar measures.

In such situations, then, who should be doing what? Plainly those regular spirit visitors knew how to get the attention of the medium. Their messages were not of major importance. Should they have stepped back to allow others through? The church regulars were used to hearing from them so why didn't they send a mental suggestion that others deserved the medium's attention?
Once a seeker has had irrefutable evidence of a loved one's survival, should that seeker need to keep hearing from their loved ones, continuing to ask questions whose answers are not important? Taking a medium's time and attention when others are more needy?

This is not intended as criticism but does illustrate my points.

Such outcomes are immensely evidential and helpful to those who are still unsure about survival. But it's clear from what we hear that such clarity is less commonplace than we'd hope.

I get great enjoyment when I listen to other people receiving verification of their loved ones.

Absolutely and we can learn from what we observe.

The medium to whom I go for platform readings, only charges $10 and she donates a good portion from the night, to charities. She has a normal job in IT. She regularly visits different towns & states and goes o/s as well. A good friend of hers is a medium from the UK. She isn’t in it for the money but in service to spirit

There was a time that mediums worked for spirit with little or no financial recompense. There was a time when well-known mediums traveled widely to provide their service, sometimes just accepting travel costs but some refused all payments. It was their service to spirit. The aspect of charges is another conversation, one I've had on many occasions.

mac

Administrator
Hi Tracey,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences, it truly is inspiring to someone like me who is new to this!
I have never heard of a platform reading and I searched on the net and couldn’t find much there either. This would be a great option for me because I could experience several readings of other people to get the feel for it. I could try the suggestions you gave for asking the spirits to be ready to come through prior to the reading. Would you mind sharing the name of the person who is giving these platform readings so I could see if she has a web site that might contain information about where she’s doing these events? I am in Florida and I have some time to travel.
Thanks again,
Coogie
In the USA there isn't the equivalent long-established network of churches and centers we have here in the UK, hence there's less platform mediumship. Such mediumship is more likely to be found in larger, paid-for venues. That's sad because Modern Spiritualism has its roots in Hydesville, upstate New York, yet now in its birthplace mediumshiop is not easy to find.

And yet it should be in the Spiritualist church that evidential mediumship is demonstrated at its best.

I call it platform reading but it isn’t as such. She is not religious. No talk of religion at all. She understands people have their own words or beliefs for a higher source. She doesn’t push anything on anybody. She also does physical mediumship which is something that she is focusing a lot on now. If she ever started on any religious stuff, I wouldn’t be there because I don’t particularly like structured religion. My religion is what I have learnt & understood from my experiences and those close to me. It just isn’t something that people can preach to you.
As she says to the people that attend, “ you may not have a spirit come through for you tonight, but you will take home something that will have healing for you”

In such situations, then, who should be doing what? Plainly those regular spirit visitors knew how to get the attention of the medium. Their messages were not of major importance. Should they have stepped back to allow others through? The church regulars were used to hearing from them so why didn't they send a mental suggestion that others deserved the medium's attention?
Once a seeker has had irrefutable evidence of a loved one's survival, should that seeker need to keep hearing from their loved ones, continuing to ask questions whose answers are not important? Taking a medium's time and attention when others are more needy?

The medium was fair and she did move on to others. I do not know her personally. It’s not my fault that my spirit family find it easy to communicate to me via the medium. I am more open to spirit than probably the majority of people so the connection is made simpler. As I said, I prepare before I go. Nobody can tell spirits what they can and can’t do .
I didn’t get the attention of the medium.....I got the attention of my family in spirit. For me , that is remarkable. They always get a message across to me which is important in my life. I may not be grieving over a loved one or need verification of the afterlife, but their opinion on anything is valued and it’s important to them as well or they wouldn’t bother. Especially if it is something that affects another family member also. You see, they know that I pass the message along. I pass the message in more ways than one...........
I have found that the clarity is always there from spirit. The hiccup is usually in the way the medium receives and conveys the message or most of the time its the person who the spirits are trying to give verification to.
How many times do people leave and drive home after they were given messages that they thought didn’t make sense & it all comes flooding back . You think ‘ OMG now I know what spirit was talking about ‘ That has happened to me.

mac

Administrator
I call it platform reading but it isn’t as such.

What is it then?

She is not religious. No talk of religion at all. She understands people have their own words or beliefs for a higher source.

Mediumship has nothing whatever to do with religion and I hadn't mentioned religion anyway.

She doesn’t push anything on anybody.

A competent, experienced medium wouldn't.....

She also does physical mediumship which is something that she is focusing a lot on now.

Physical mediumship is highly unusual and has always been a specialised attribute. What does physical mediumship mean to you? Are you sure you mean she's a physical medium?

If she ever started on any religious stuff, I wouldn’t be there because I don’t particularly like structured religion. My religion is what I have learnt & understood from my experiences and those close to me. It just isn’t something that people can preach to you.

Would Modern Spiritualism fall into that 'structured' category? If so in which ways? What if a religion wasn't something that's preached at you? What if it were something so gentle and easy that you were carried along by its simplicity and its very appeal to your reason? Would that make a difference to how you felt? Not all religions are based on preaching.....;)

As she says to the people that attend, “ you may not have a spirit come through for you tonight, but you will take home something that will have healing for you”

She can say all that but what does it mean in real terms?

The medium was fair and she did move on to others.

The way I firmly believe they should and many likely do.

I do not know her personally.

Far better that way as personal knowledge of someone may risk compromising what's coming from a discarnate communicator.

It’s not my fault that my spirit family find it easy to communicate to me via the medium. I am more open to spirit than probably the majority of people so the connection is made simpler. As I said, I prepare before I go. Nobody can tell spirits what they can and can’t do .

As you can communicate simply and easily you could ask them not to dominate a medium's attention or time. I'm not saying that you should do that but only that you could do....

I didn’t get the attention of the medium.....I got the attention of my family in spirit.

That's fair enough provided it's not at the expense of another discarnate who may accidentally get sidelined but would also like to be able to reach out to a loved one, a spirit communicator less familar with what to do and consequently less adept.

For me , that is remarkable. They always get a message across to me which is important in my life. I may not be grieving over a loved one or need verification of the afterlife, but their opinion on anything is valued and it’s important to them as well or they wouldn’t bother.

Trans-dimensional communication is always remarkable and as a means of helping the bereaved deal with their loss can be invaluable. What I'm less persuaded about is that our loved ones passed over should routinely be involved in our day-to-day lives.

Especially if it is something that affects another family member also. You see, they know that I pass the message along. I pass the message in more ways than one...........

Maybe when it's something special there's a good reason to want to get through to another.....

I have found that the clarity is always there from spirit.

You're very fortunate to receive clear messages from your loved ones.

The hiccup is usually in the way the medium receives and conveys the message or most of the time its the person who the spirits are trying to give verification to.

I assume you mean that in respect of others' messages? I'm not a medium but it takes only a little imagination to see what difficulties they frequently face when trying to pick up a message in as clear a way as possible.

How many times do people leave and drive home after they were given messages that they thought didn’t make sense & it all comes flooding back . You think ‘ OMG now I know what spirit was talking about ‘ That has happened to me.

As you communicate so easily with your loved ones you may not be aware just how often others may be experiencing such situations, especially those unused to TDC and unsure what is meant when a medium gives out details they can't immediately link with. It's wonderful and amazing when an individual can link to every scrap of information being provided but for others it's all-but-impossible at times and little if any of their message means anything.

Last edited:

baob

Zac,
Thanks so much for the excellent information. I am waiting for Julia to reply to my email inquiry. I’ll look into Tim as another option. This will be my first reading so I am excited and apprehensive at the same time.
C
Hi Coogie,

I have used 5 mediums including one who sent me in writing and another one who was an medium artist. The most recent one I used in 2018 was Susan Grau. I read reviews which said that she could identify the spirits' names. When I phoned her I didn't think about this. During the communication, my mother-in-law said her middle name unexpectedly and it took me a while to realize what she was talking about. My husband said the first initial of his first name. This surprised me. I remember her price last year was $200 for 50 minutes.

Last edited:

Coogie

Occasional Contributor
Hi Coogie,

I have used 5 mediums including one who sent me in writing and another one who was an medium artist. The most recent one I used in 2018 was Susan Grau. I read reviews which said that she could identify the spirits' names. When I phoned her I didn't think about this. During the communication, my mother-in-law said her middle name unexpectedly and it took me a while to realize what she was talking about. My husband said the first initial of his first name. This surprised me. I remember her price last year was $200 for 50 minutes.
Hi baob,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience and suggestions. I have a reading scheduled in 3 weeks with a medium from Australia and will add Susan to my list of possible future sessions.
Coogie

Status
Not open for further replies.