1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

For Carol And Mikey Please - Part 3 (Ask your questions here.)

Discussion in 'Mikey Morgan's Q&A thread' started by Kurt, Jan 23, 2020.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I get what you're saying about Mikey's accident and its effects on his body (and I am so sorry); I understand that continuing his earthly life after the accident would have been very difficult or impossible.

I'm sorry to harp on this, and I get that maybe making this choice would not have allowed him to learn something he came here to learn, or something to that effect, and I'm not saying he should have made this choice, but would he have been able and allowed to make the choice to avoid the "exit point" altogether, including the accident? In other words, could he have chosen not to have the accident and not to have died? (Of course we all die at some point, but I mean not for years after).

I understand what you and/or Mikey are saying about this life being temporary and all of that, but I am trying to find out if we actually have free will regardless of the cosmic consequences. Based on this sentence: "Mikey tells me we need to understand that it could be permitted, however, it is not common for a soul to back out of a last potential exit point of their life journey here. ", it seems that maybe Mikey is saying that it is possible to change one's mind about dying (and, in his case, the accident which led to his death)? Also, why is it not common for a soul to back out in that way?

I hope my questions are not causing you pain or sadness, as that is truly not my intent. If they are, please tell me and I will shut up about this.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh heck! I read Mikey's response and my immediate reaction was that he wasn't helping in the least and that bluebird would find his reply and my own earlier response at odds. Then I saw she'd already responded while I was asleep overnight!

This notion of exit points has been causing me angst for some time - I don't like not understanding. Bluebird has doubts yet comes from a different direction; I'm a 'believer' in survival whereas she's agnostic but neither of us is settled over what we're 'hearing'. That's another concern because - for me - clarity is vital if detail is to be treated as guidance.

I was going to quote one of Mikey's sentences but bluebird has already done it! My immediate and dismayed reaction was if deviation from so-called exit points is permitted then who or what permits it? That's not how I understand freewill. I'm sorry, Carol, if this discussion brings back times and details that are upsetting but there seems to be no way to discuss Mikey's and your special relationship. If it's painful I'll discontinue and remove my remarks.

Perhaps similarly to the way we misunderstand reincarnation we are very much misunderstanding what 'exit points' actually mean both in theory and in practice? The way we've been referring to them makes it appear they are planned before incarnation whereas I'm thinking they're incidental points, crisis times in our lives when we may decide not to live on. Rather than having chosen specific points/times at which we can choose to leave this world, choose to end lives incarnate, it seems to me there may be points arising from unplanned events that allow us the choice of leaving rather than continuing.

In Mikey's case the car crash severely injured him but was that a planned exit point or did he - did his animating spirit - decide that particular event was one that would enable him to continue with the plan that would result in him working with his mom the way he does now? I'm unable to accept he would have orchestrated the crash and his consequent death but it's easy to accept he could have taken advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself.

Had the crash not occurred he would have had to continue to wait for an opportunity with no certainty about when it would arise.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 9:50 AM
    bluebird likes this.
  3. bluebird

Thanks for further questioning and elucidating some of the stuff I'm asking about, mac. I lean more towards your idea of "exit points" as being unplanned and just resulting from the course of events in life.

4. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hi Mac and Bluebird,
    I'm just as frustrated as you are with this question quite frankly! I felt Mikey did indeed answer the question but apparently what I typed was again not clear enough. Please don't ever say that Mikey hasn't helped in the least. We have done much for many! We give hope. It is how I type the response that is the issue. My son Mikey is a hero in my eyes!
    Here's my final shot at it.
    First of all, I typed the word permitted (which also means allowed from my knowledge) because that was the word used by Bluebird in her post. I intentionally did that as I felt that made it clear.
    Yes it is allowed according to Mikey. It is a choice. If Mikey wanted to stay he could have. He DID NOT cause the accident. It was an opportunity for him to leave. Mikey tells me opportunities will present themselves around times of exit points. Again, freewill choices of ours or others will alter things. Mikey does tell me when we are in the afterlife we do plan some exit points when we come here for a life journey. No one has to believe this. It is what I am told. Obviously there can be more factors that can play into this with how life / illnesses are here. Again, Mikey tells me when the soul can no longer sustain the body, we leave.
    Mikey tells me when a soul continues to hang on here, it can add misery to that soul (depending on the illness, etc. ) and it can change life lessons not only for them but others as well. We have guides that try to keep us on track with our general life plan. From Mikey's perspective, it is not common for souls to hang on long after a last planned exit point because of this.
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
    My other son has come to visit for 2 weeks today. I will not be here during that time. FYI.
    Carol

baob likes this.
  5. baob

baob Active Member

Hi Carol and Mikey,

We are very grateful to your and Mikey’s help for so many years, for the time and effort you devoted to us and this forum!
    “Exit point” makes sense to me!

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I see you're angry, Carol, but when I said Mikey hadn't helped in the least it was strictly in the context of the issue we were discussing at that point. My remark did not apply to anything else and that - I would have hoped - should have been clear.

I have never deliberately or knowingly upset you. I don't want to do it now so I'm going to record my thoughts elsewhere on ALF and at the end of this piece is a link for anyone wanting to follow them.

(member responses and conversations - general)

7. bluebird

Carol and Mikey,

Thank you so much for further clarifying. I'm sorry if I was making it frustrating for you, I really wasn't trying to; I just wasn't fully understanding what you (and Mikey) were saying. I'm glad to hear that whatever the ramifications of our choices, we do actually have free will.

I'm not sure if you think I said that Mikey hasn't helped, but I definitely didn't -- I very much appreciate everything both of you have done, including answering so many questions I've asked. Thank you both!